The Ozzman Returns

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

room #99
Ozzy Osbourne has confirmed that there is a new solo album in the works with a release early next year being planned.

Alpha Centauri
He's not sane enough to know that he's selling out but perfectly sane to produce records and accept money.

Hmmm.

-AC

loserib
im looking forward to his new alnum and cant wait to see him with sabbath this year at ozzfest

room #99
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
He's not sane enough to know that he's selling out but perfectly sane to produce records and accept money.

Hmmm.

-AC

yeah your right but its OZZY..plus his last album was decent!,im looking forward to his new one too

Alpha Centauri
So?

Names mean nothing to me. He's soiled his. I thought his last album was just.....sad.

-AC

room #99
"Names mean nothing to me. He's soiled his"

Okay.

I thought his last album was just.....sad.

I...liked it.

loserib
i liked it to im also hopeing that zakk is on it

SlipknoT
Originally posted by room #99
Ozzy Osbourne has confirmed that there is a new solo album in the works with a release early next year being planned. Why

Konjammenson
^^because he likes poop

Blue Dragon
Ozzy! Ozzy! rock

Myth
I'm excited. His last album WAS good. Selling out? WTF? Honestly, he is a rocker, making CDs is what he does. I can see the reality show as a sell out, but making a CD.

Alpha Centauri
No, he's a sell out. Just a walking commercial.

-AC

Cinemaddiction
For what, himself? Who gives a shit, anyway. This whole "sell-out" debacle is so 1990's, anyway.

Everyones a sell out as far as I'm concerned, because everyone at some point in their lives have done something opposite of their daily routine or nature in order to furthur their position. It doesn't matter if money is involved or not. You can sell worse things, figuratively, like your pride, respect, your soul..

jaden101
No, he's a sell out. Just a walking commercial.

-AC

how much do you think his ASDA mum in a million other half had to do with that...personally i think she has got celebrityitis and is dragging the whole family along

Ladyluck
sweet! i don't care how old he is or whatever...he still rocks in my books! i bought the 4-disc set and it's awesome! rock

startxthexmosh
guess whos going to ozzfesttt?

Myth
Hopefully me, up in Seattle.

Blue Dragon
I have no CD's of him but I know he's good. I plan on getting his music.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
For what, himself? Who gives a shit, anyway. This whole "sell-out" debacle is so 1990's, anyway.

Everyones a sell out as far as I'm concerned, because everyone at some point in their lives have done something opposite of their daily routine or nature in order to furthur their position. It doesn't matter if money is involved or not. You can sell worse things, figuratively, like your pride, respect, your soul..

What do you think Ozzy did when he made an Ozzfest reality TV show?

Blue Dragon: You don't know anything. You've gone from liking Busted and McFly to having a "Goth" icon in weeks.

-AC

Cinemaddiction

The same thing could be said for Ozzfest. Selling a bunch of different bands under his moniker. Ozzy Osbourne is an exception, and for more than one reason. After both his "Cribs" episodes debuted, the demand was there. Secondly, you think Ozzy had much of a say in this? He's been America's favorite carwreck for years, and SHARON is the one that cashed in on it. Besides, Ozzy himself never compromised his music, which is what usually goes hand in hand with musicians "selling out". That term makes me so sick, just because there's always underlying denial that every single recording artist in the universe with a record deal is a sell out, because the day they signed the contract, they were no longer making music for themselves, regardless of the cicrumstances, consequences, nature of the music, etc.

But, people will still use it, and I'll probably still feel the need to school them, not that they'll listen.

Alpha Centauri
The term sell out, to me, is doing something you don't want to do or something that goes against everything you stand for, in return for cash, exposure or such.

I'm not ultra loose with the term like idiots who don't know what they're talking about. I don't think Green Day are necessarily sell outs, but people say they sold out with Dookie.

Getting a record deal is just a bonus to do what you love for a living. Everyone needs a job, what better than to combine it with your life's love? Just don't let that get in the way of your morals and integrity. Tool were a band when they all had great jobs. They didn't play music to get signed, they played coz they wanted to. They, like other bands who get deals, wanted to dedicate all their time to music and such. Though they are one of the very few bands who actually have total control of everything they do.

I agree though, tis a shame. Sharon is out of order for cashing in on shit and Kelly isn't much better. Jack seems like the only one not doing anything OUT there majorly. To my knowledge.

-AC

Afro Cheese
Just my opinion.. but once you resort to reality tv you're pretty much the epitome of a sell out.

Cinemaddiction
Thankfully, you and I pretty much see the term the same way. I think there are a few bands out there that unfairly got labeled "sell outs" just because they had to change with the times in order to stay afloat. There's a lot of record company pressure that people never recognize or acknowledge, too. Metallica isn't one of those bands, though. They were labeled sell outs because everyone thought they changed their music for widespread acceptance (i.e. alt-rock), when, as I finally came to realize, they had a change of heart and didn't want to play "that kind of music" anymore. Besides, it's a stupid arguement, when they knew that metal made them millionaires, why would they be so bold as to go soft entirely? As for Green Day, "mainstream punk" is an oxymoron in and of itself. If they ever sold out, it was with "Nimrod", just because it was strictly mainstream alternative. That said, "American Idiot" is the most non-mainstream, mainstream punk album I've heard since SOAD's debut, which means they never really lost their edge, but just set it aside.

Personally, I don't think everyone with a record deal is a sellout. There's plenty of bands making music for themselves, and the fans latch onto it. They also have full creative control, and that's not something you'll find in rock and roll, which is still sacred. You pretty much summed it up though, as long as people don't compromise themselves or their craft, then they shouldn't be labeled anything other than artists.

Sharon's an opportunist, and a shrewd businesswoman. Ozzy is just along for the ride, and even though I think he's still got 1/2 a brain left, it's the rational/reasoning side that's rotted away, which allowed himself and his condition to be paraded for everyone to be entertained by for 3 years. Myself included,

Shame on me.

Blue Dragon

Blue Dragon: You don't know anything. You've gone from liking Busted and McFly to having a "Goth" icon in weeks.

-AC
Oh please...you don't know me. Those 2 were an execption, I don't know why, I don't listen to them anymore. I hate them. I have always...wait a minute why should I tell you anything?

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha.

Shut up.

-AC

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Just my opinion.. but once you resort to reality tv you're pretty much the epitome of a sell out.

Ever see "SLC Punk!"?

"I didn't sell out, son, I bought in."

Afro Cheese
lol no I've never seen it. Who said that?

Cinemaddiction
It was Matthew Lilliard's father in the movie. I was just sharing that as a really lame "I'm not a sell out" plea.

Afro Cheese
Ohhh he was actually talking to his son. I thought it was just a rapper or something.

Blue Dragon
Hahaha.

Shut up.

-AC
Whatever...take your sarcasm somewhere else, someone who cares...oh wait, haha, no cares! What a joke! no expression Pitaful...

Anyway...like I was saying, for Ozzy to sing like that it's fantastic. People from that time can really sing, like Alice Cooper.

IRON EDDIE 666
New album? Well i'll look forward to it. But in terms of the last album, i just hope theres more songs like that i never had rather than dreamer. I can see the type of song he was going for there but it never really grabbed me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.