what is stupidity?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Im_Fuzzy
realy this is making fun of the "what is love?'' thread but i was still wondering WHAT IS STUPIDITY??!?!??!?!?!?

SlayerChick1188
Not knowing something and not knowing that you don't know it!

lol i dunno how to describe it, though I know ALOT of stupid people...

HockeyHorror
stupidity balances society...if we were all smartass', the world would be insane...corruption everywhere...but the idiots keep it balanced...

smile

Corran
That's not Stupidity, that's just lack of knowledge.
Stupid people and idiots are not the same either.
Stupidity is to show a lack of common sense, to do something foolish or to show a lack of comprehension. You can be clever and do something stupid. An idiot might be someone lacking in intelligence an imbecile, cretin, half-wit.

Evy_O
Stupidity is subjective erm You can be stupid in your choices, your life, at school, at relationships...
Stupidity = Low IQ/EQ...

Storm
The poor ability to understand or to profit from experience? A wrong action attributable to bad judgment or ignorance or inattention?

Cultural and racial prejudice is a form of stupidity imo.

Stupidity can take different forms and manifestations. Some are stupid only in their immediate family or with certain acquaintances, or in public. Some act stupid only when they have to speak or to write. Bright and intelligent children at home often fail in school and vice versa. What infuses stupidity in us is our culture and tradition. Fear, guilt and shame can initiate stupid behavior upon us. The temporary stupidity (out of shame) in the period of puberty. The entire expression of personality gets goofed up in the giggles of young girls and the strange contradiction in girls and boys their behavior. And fear helps us succumb to stupidity easily.

el_barto
jawdrop wow.....

Corran
Hell this thread is Stoopid. wink

silver_tears
a lack of intelligence is stupidity smart

Corran
A lack of intelligence is just a lack of intelligence.

silver_tears
stupidity stick out tongue

Corran
Nooo you Stupid woman wink

silver_tears
*takes a bow* I'll take that as a compliment wacko

Corran
yes indeed. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Omega
There is stupidity and then there is ignorance. The latter is NOT knowing, because you were never told, never learned, not schooled etc.

Stupidity is the opposite of wise.
You can't attribute stupidity to a low IQ, since people wit ha high IQ can be absentminded and do stupid things as well.

So stupid = unwise?

silver_tears
Wisdom comes with age, so are babies stupid then and people in their 80s brilliant?

The Omega
Silver_Tears> Why should it come with ageI I've met 20 ear olds who were wiser tan 40 year olds. DOnt confuse wise with experienced.

silver_tears
Define wise

Linkalicious
Stupidity is bothering to get into an arguement with Lil B, the Omega, or Ush...

hell_raiser
lets just say stupidity is tony blair *ducking in case blair starts war on me*

el_barto
OH GOD NOT THE OMEGA RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raventheonly
Indeed i agree that one can have vast amounts of intelligence and still be stupid due to the ideals of the absent-minded lack of wisdom.

How we use our intelligence in wisdom truly defines the level of stupidity we suffer from. Truly actions define how stupid one is rather then a level measurable, for all beings have there moments of brilliance, how many moments we have somewhat define our level also.

Hope someone can make sense of this atrocious excuse of a paragraph. big grin

DemonicGambit-2
Stupidity is when you punish your daughter for going to the park roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, stupidity is when you do something you know to be wrong or mistaken, yet continue to do it anyway.

BackFire
For a perfect example of stupidity, go watch an episode of Friends.

lil bitchiness
Yeah, thats so true actually.

RoguePw25
stupidity is when you are in spanish classroom and someone asks, "what lanuage are we speaking?"

Corlindel
...To believe that you are always right and trying to manipulate the others with your stupidity..

~*~Ambie~*~
Yes Tony Blair Is Stupid!!! >_< BlaH We Had No Real Reason To Go To War!!

Fire
Ambie no politics PLZ

Linkalicious
Reason? You're bigger little brother America went to war...you were just sticking up for family. Next time someone slaps your bro or sis in the face...i'm sure you'll take no part in it....

yerssot
and that's why we don't want politics roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fire
Link you should know politics aren't tolerated so DONT CONTINUE on this

Linkalicious
that's soooo not political. I didn't mention governments or anything. besides, i'm done now.

SumWatTwisted
The one thing that I will NOT tolerate.

Pirate_Girly
In my definition, stupidity is somethign that everyone has whether they admit to it or not. I dont mean everyone's stupid in the mean way, i say it in the way that whether you know it or not you can always act stupid.

Stupidity as in schoolwork and etc. thats a different story....lol

Be@st
Stupidity is everything that comes from humans

Pirate_Girly
True..Especially from me big grin

§pearhead
haha you're stupid no expression

Be@st
I ain't human

§pearhead
eek! you're a hamster!

Be@st
No, I'm a demon king

§pearhead
...eek! in the form of a hamster!

Pirate_Girly
I agree, the show Friends is really retarded..I hate it...and it aint funny at all.. My dog was just scratching her but on the floor...thats a sign of stupidity too HAHAHA

Be@st
I can change my for if you want *changes his form into a human*

Kaleanae
Your dog is doing something to alliviate the itching no expression
That's not stupidity

Kaleanae
Agree yes

SK88728
stupidity...... me. stick out tongue

Pirate_Girly
OMG im so psychic, after I messed up on my post i knew for a fact that someone would say something about my dog. I know that doesnt make her stupid.lol

hubby
er.......yer i agree

Pirate_Girly
what

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.