Summer 2005, best summer for movies ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cal31
After watching the trailer for the Island, I just can't believe how many potentially great movies are coming out this summer, making it possibly the best summer ever for movies. They may not all turn out to be the best movies, but in terms of box office gross, it looks like an ubelievably huge summer. Mainly: Sin City, ROTS, Batman Begins, War of the Worlds, and The Island, and maybe some surprises as well. Any other movies I'm forgetting?

JamalMagloire
I'm with ya - this summer is going to rock! Have you seen the new teaser for war of the worlds? I think you can see a tri-pod in the ferry scene.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/waroftheworlds/

MildPossession
People say it's going to be the best ever for film every single summer...

cal31
Originally posted by MildPossession
People say it's going to be the best ever for film every single summer... Um, no not really. Don't remember hearing that last year, or the year before, or the year before that....

Seyo Kane
Hmm... I remember summer 2003, when we had a lot of sequels and movies long time waited: T3, The Matrix Reloaded, PotC, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Underworld, Hulk, X2, Daredevil...

Not all were good, but they were expected. But I agree with MildPosession, every single summer people say it.

cal31
Originally posted by Seyo Kane
Hmm... I remember summer 2003, when we had a lot of sequels and movies long time waited: T3, The Matrix Reloaded, PotC, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Underworld, Hulk, X2, Daredevil...

Yes and of all those, really only two were expected to do that great in theaters, and only Matrix and PotC did really good in theaters. X2 grossed above average for a summer blockbuster film, same as T3, but the rest of them tanked.

MildPossession
I hear it every year Cal from film fans, magazines and so on.

Cinemaddiction
Ok, ok. There's a 2005 movies thread in progress, follow up there, please.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.