Type O Negative

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SlipknoT
Anyone Like Them? I do alot. The CD "life is Killing Me" is awsome, and the song I Dont wanna be me is great? fans?

MildPossession
I love that song, got all their albums, October Rust is my favourite album out of the lot, some fabulous songs. Doom metal is great.

Deathblow
I had a brief obsession with Type O a little while back. They're cool, a little melodramatic at times, but I like them. October Rust is my fav too.

SlipknoT
Wow...thought there would at least be a few more fans.

SnakeEyes
Never heard of them...

mr.smiley
october rust is my favirote.
love you to death is the only seven minute song that doesn't bore me

waspluver
um i like them 2 i luv there songs october rust is my fav 2 my bro got me into them.

LifeIsKillingMe
im a fan, my fave song is The Dream Is Dead

moviejunkie23
their not the "popular" type of band is the reason your not getting allot of hits on them, but i think they are worthy of mentioning

if you really want to hear some weird stuff slipknot check out their CD slow deep and hard, there are like 12 minute songs on that disc and they are completley mad man style!!!

SlipknoT
I will, my friend has it, I'll ask him to burn it.

sarcomens
Like them, but have other metal favorites I listen to a lot more, like Cathedral, Reverend Bizarre, Anathema and my first love Candlemass.

Kelly_Bean
My second favorite band in the entire world! love They're coming to Louisville on the 26th of October and I get to see them! I CANNOT wait! Peter Steels is....dd ...indescribable...as well as his mysterious voice.

Nellinator
The new album is really good. I've been enjoying it immensely. I'm not sure if I like October Rust or Bloody Kisses more...

Kelly_Bean
I haven't had the pleasure of hearing all of the songs from their previous CDs, or even their newest "Dead Again" CD but I have heard quite a few of their songs and I must admit...they're pretty unbeatable in my eyes, lol. The only thing I don't like about Type O Negative is the fact that some of their songs sound a LOT alike.

Impediment
Major bump.

Peter Steele is dead. 'Tis a sad day for metal. I remember felling like this when Dimebag Darrell was murdered in 2004. Truly sad to see an icon go so early.

Rogue Jedi
Yes sir. I only discovered Type O Negative back in 2006, but I was immediately enthralled by Peter Steele's voice. The man was amazing.

Esomark
I was totally shocked when I was told of Peter's death at work today. One of the best voices in metal and even music in general is gone. sad

AsbestosFlaygon
Can't wait to see Kelly_Bean's and ACDC Chick's reaction about his death.

Don't really care though, since there are other vocalists who were/are better than him.

mr.smiley
I'm still in complete shock.
TON was one of my favirotes and I was hoping for a new album.
RIP Pete.

SnakeEyes
Never liked the band/Steele's vocals, but that's not really my style of music in the first place. Sucks for fans of the man's work that he died.

Impediment
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Don't really care though, since there are other vocalists who were/are better than him.

Name three.

Slay
Originally posted by Impediment
Name three.
Chris Cornell, Jamie Lidell, Jeff Buckley.

It is too bad that he died though, I decided to listen to Life Is Killing Me again a while back after not having listened to TON in years, and was surprised, because they were a lot better than I remembered. A lot of great influences shone through in his music.

Esomark
Life Is Killing Me was my first Type O album and it forever remains a special album in my heart. I played it in my friend's car to honor Pete.

Impediment
I'm jamming Nettie right now.

It still hasn't hit me that Peter is gone.

His musical legacy will live on forever.

Alpha Centauri
Name three.

Oh come on.

I know you liked him, but there are untold amounts of singers better at singing than him.

Don't be one of those people who lets death make their view of someone hazy. You're implying there aren't three better vocalists than him, ever? There are about 20 I can name off the top of my head in metal alone.

No disrespect to the man meant, but don't disrespect the living for him.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Name three.

You think he's in the top three vocalists of all time?

Impediment
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Oh come on.

I know you liked him, but there are untold amounts of singers better at singing than him.

Don't be one of those people who lets death make their view of someone hazy. You're implying there aren't three better vocalists than him, ever? There are about 20 I can name off the top of my head in metal alone.

No disrespect to the man meant, but don't disrespect the living for him.

-AC
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
You think he's in the top three vocalists of all time?

Not at all, Victor. I just wanted to hear Slay's opinions on better singers, is all. Chris Cornell is an amazing vocalist, by the way.

AC, I'm not deluding myself that Steele is on of the top 3 of all time. That would just be silly.

Alpha Centauri
Then why did you counter someone's claim that there are many better with "Name three."? As if there aren't three better.

-AC

Impediment
I just wanted to hear his opinions, is all. Apparently, our musical tastes are very different.

I've never heard of Jamie Lidell or Jeff Buckley.

Slay
I just wanted to hear his opinions, is all. Apparently, our musical tastes are very different.

I've never heard of Jamie Lidell or Jeff Buckley.
Well, first of, I'd like to make clear that it was AsbesthosFlaygon who said he didn't care about Peter Steele's death, because there were better vocalists. I do think it's a shame he died because he was a good songwriter, just not that great of a vocalist, IMO. So, because I disagree with you as well, albeit on that point alone, I decided to answer your question ayway.

Kelly_Bean
R.I.P Peter Steele.

AsbestosFlaygon
Name three.
Are you ****in serious?

David Gates? John Lennon? Mikael Akerfeldt?
Rob Halford? James Hetfield? Chris Martin? Bruce Dickinson?

Hell, even lesser-known vocalists like Stu Block (Into Eternity), Howard Jones (Killswitch Engage) and Christian Alvestam (Scar Symmetry, Solution .45) are better vocalists than him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.