Just Bought True Romance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I hope its worth it. I debated renting it first since I bought Natural Born Killers and was terribly disappointed but I saw the special edition, had a twenty in my pocket, and from there, there is no stopping me.

*Crosses fingers.

badkittykitty
I personally love this movie! the fight scene between Alabama Whitman(Patricia Arquette) and Virgil (James Gandolfini) is the best part of the movie for me.

I really hope you like it!

amlap
true romance was done very well, and is a good movie as long as you can see past the christan slater thing. erm

killthesunlight
You can distunguish the writing from the directing in this film, it goes the same way with From Dusk Till Dawn, but both are great and entertaining.

Myth
I liked the movie alot. Was definitely worth my money. One question, why weren't the Val Kilmer as Elvis scenes cut? Was it because it was Val Kilmer or because they actually thought that played an important role in the movie. It would make more sense if he talked to him more often but Val was only in it twice.

Fire
never seen it, doesnt sound very appealing to me

mook
elvis is referenced all the way through it (one guys t-shirt has him on, the magazine article the guys reading, the bust of him) and then the final line of the film relates to him too so they kept them in.

Myth
I know he was referred to alot. But Elvis plays no importance to the storyline so I don't see why they needed him to be in Slater's head every once in a while. BTW: Val Kilmer didn't necessarily do the best Evis impression either.

killthesunlight
I think QT did that because it's a spirit (second opinion) talking to Clarence. It might be the recycling of the old plays by Shakespear like Hamlet and Macbeth, sort of showing the darker side to Clarence. Becuase if you notice when Elvis appears and gives advice its always doing the "wrong" thing but for the "right" cause.

badkittykitty
I kinda just think it to show how nuts he really is laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.