Anakin storming the Temple * Spoilers *

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ajrocksteady
I have a question....Do we actually see Anakin and the troopers storm the temple? Just wondered if it was implied like the Tusken slaughter, or if we see footage of it for the first time when Obi watches it, or if we actually see it when it happens.

One

Gollum1956
I hope it does not do same as Tusken Slaughter yes you should see him inside if not you should see i when Yoda and Obi watches the survilliance of the Temple and if you read the book it described all what Anakins does to every tusken each by each so read book if don't show it you see in your head what happens

ajrocksteady
I just thought of this because ofwhat GL said at Showest. Something to the effect of, the fans would love to see a movie where Darth Vader is running around killing people but thats not the story i'm telling, so in light of that and the fact that its not shown in the trailer, i wonder if we will see ANY of that battle other than what Obiwan watches

One

bilb
Originally posted by ajrocksteady
I have a question....Do we actually see Anakin and the troopers storm the temple? Just wondered if it was implied like the Tusken slaughter, or if we see footage of it for the first time when Obi watches it, or if we actually see it when it happens.

One

On the trailer we see Ani leading the Clone Troopers into the Temple and we have seen the pic of the aftermath and also the one where Ani is taking out Nic G & Mousy M. Pabs or Nic one also said that the younglings DID have to have fight training so I'd bet we will see part of it at least...

Cascador
well they gave details of how they were killed, why would they give details if it's not in the film...

bilb
What details Cascador?

Cascador
well I don't remember much but I heard that the younglings werent killed by lightsabers or blasters but that Anakin uses the Force to let the roof crash on them or something.

bilb
I never heard that one, do you think you can find where you saw it? .... and like I said earlier that would contradict the hologram of Ani taking out Nic & Mousy

Imaginary
I've only seen one pic of the youngling slaughter (I'm not sure if there are more) and it doesn't look like the roof crashes on them...

Cascador
pffff...It's a long time ago that I saw that spoiler, that's why I almost don't remember anything of it, so I don't even know where to look.

bilb
oki dok then wink

Cascador
I don't know anymore, but if George really thinks that it will get a PG-13 rating than the temple slaughtering should be in it;-)

LandoSpeeder2
I hope they show it, if not I'll enjoy reading it in the book. at least it should be in the book as was the tusken slaughter.

Mist
well, maybe we dont see what actually happens in realtime, but we do get to play through it in the game....so.....who knows whatll be in it...

Darth_Nefarus
I'm willing to bet they'll show Anakin destroying hella Jedi, then he just closes a door with the younglings inside of it.

Captain REX
Indeed, I think a scene of Anakin killing small children would exceed the PG-13...

Darth_Nefarus
For sure, actually showing small children getting killed would make it R

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
For sure, actually showing small children getting killed would make it R What the f**k? Have you seen todays movies and what ratings come with em?

EHmasterJedi
I think it would be really unfortunate if its not shown, They really need something to portray him as very evel and powerful if its not shown it could really ruin Anakins character as Vader i want to see him kill people you never though he'd of killed not just Trade Federation rulers, and hinting at it really isnt good enough i want to be disgusted with Anakin by them time he fights Obi, at least that the way should/could be.

Plus that scene in the Trailer whare Bail yells NO! isnt he watching a young Jedi be slaughtered at the Jedi temple, seems to me that what it said in the Visual dictionary or somthing so it shows somthing.

bilb
Originally posted by EHmasterJedi

Plus that scene in the Trailer whare Bail yells NO! isnt he watching a young Jedi be slaughtered at the Jedi temple, seems to me that what it said in the Visual dictionary or somthing so it shows somthing.

Where is everyone getting this information from? Not doubting you necessarily but I'd like to know where it came from if you know....

EHmasterJedi
On the side note of one of those VD pictures it says ("Bail is the first civilian to arrive at the Temple after Anakin and his legion of clone troopers have gone on a killing spree. After witnessing a young Jedi fall to hails of blaster fire, Bail Narrowly escapes with is life."wink Direct quote, I think the young Jedi will probably be Jett Lucas's son because theres a action figure comming out of a you jedi named Jett

bilb
Oh OK, cool, Thanks smile

Captain REX
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
What the f**k? Have you seen todays movies and what ratings come with em?

Yes...doesn't it make you sick? stick out tongue

astrofan428
Doesnt Obi come in and watch a hologram for a while until he feels he cant watch anymore. Maybe he turns it off at the youngling part.

bilb
Could be....

Jazzman_78
I would guess that we'll see some of the general temple slaughter 'live' and some in the holo Obi and Yoda see. I'm willing to bet the younglings' part will be more akin to the Tusken Raider scene. Vader probably will corner them in a room, and the last shot will be of him stalking toward them with 'grim determination'. We'll probably just hear their screams.

darktim1
Iread that you see him kill them from a distance and then when obi-wan looks at footage on the hologram you see him up close while all rest die on the other planets where they are fighting.Hope that helps answer some questions about temple.

bilb
have to wait till May i suppose

Gollum1956
Ok in the book it just shows the kids tell Anakin "what shall we do" then he ignites his sabre you see nothing in the book but when Obi Wan watches on the hologram it explains everything what he does to them.Iv just finished that chapter in the novel.

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Gollum1956
Ok in the book it just shows the kids tell Anakin "what shall we do" then he ignites his sabre you see nothing in the book but when Obi Wan watches on the hologram it explains everything what he does to them.Iv just finished that chapter in the novel.

Shush you! I haven't recieved my novel yet. wink

DaveTheHutt
C'mon people - this is Star Wars, not a snuff movie. The death of the younglings will either be implied and/or shown briefly in aftermath (well, we've seen the pic of Yoda and Obi with the deadlings, so the last's a definite).

Vader's evil can be established perfectly well without resorting to graphic scenes of ultra-violence.

All these people insisting that they 'need' to see children being slaughtered scare me!

Hutt out

Batman316
agreed....

There is no reason for my children to see Anakin killing younglings and I can guarentee I'm not the only parent who feels this.

None of the other scenes really concern me except this one.... there are some lines that shouldn't be crossed.

Ultimatespider
Originally posted by ajrocksteady

One

They Better! They shud cuz ive shots of Anikian Killing Plo koon and that werid red chick whlist she meditating , ive seen the stormtroppers kill Aki-mundi or whatever and that blue girl! And palpitine kills kit fisto and Mace windu so they shud show it! Dnt worry!

Ultimatespider
Originally posted by Batman316
agreed....

There is no reason for my children to see Anakin killing younglings and I can guarentee I'm not the only parent who feels this.

None of the other scenes really concern me except this one.... there are some lines that shouldn't be crossed.

Anikians gonna kill the kids Batman! and if u wanna take ur child 2 see it ur just gonn av 2 except that there gonna witness it! Kay?

*No offence wink *

Batman316
ok I let your first post go but your second really does prove you my friend are an idiot smile

have a nice day

regards

Batman

Ultimatespider
Woteva dude...

Ultimatespider
Agreed that there are sum lines tht shudnt b crossed but the clones are just Doin' what must be done , they wont hesitate nor show mercy and that includes the little whelps! Its gunna b horrible to watch but it is unaviodable!

Red Superfly
I don't want to see Anakin kill the younglings anyway. No need. Obi-Wan shows up and finds them all dead, so we know that ANakin really did carry it out. Besides, some things are best left to the imagination. This is one of them.

Star Wars has had enough explained and needs to keep some imagation flowing.

I do however, know for a fact that it will be very reminsiscent of the Tusken Raider scene, and it'll be a case of "Oh sh*t" when you see it.

Ultimatespider
After consluting google: Apperntly Yoda and Obi-wan watch anikain salughter the kids on a hologram but you don't see it you just hear the kids screamin' and anikians lightsaber. You dnt see whats goin' on but the expression on yoda, and obi-wans faces indicate that it is pretty f***in horriable! K?

DaveTheHutt
Just for the benefit of the hard of thinking (I think we know who we're talking about here), my issue was not whether or not the slaughter of the younglings should be in the film - from a dramatic standpoint it's great for establishing that Anakin has well and truly turned to the Dark Side.

My problem was for some people's bloodthirsty and not-to-say sick enthusiasm for seeing the event actually depicted in graphic detail. This event will NOT be shown - PG-13 or not - nor, on the grounds of good taste, should it.

Hutt out

SithSpy
All I know is that in the pic of Yoda and Obi walking through the slaughter you can see at least one youngling with a severd arm above his head (top left of the pic) so well see what happens, I think the really young will be tottally implied but the teenage jedi we may see fight

DenKi
Yeah in that pic loads of Younglings are Dead on the floor, Its just out in the Open, theres no door there behind or anything, Also in the script it says that Anakin does go into a door and closes it behind them and they Younglings are all in 1 Corner together kinda hiding, and one of the Yonglins says " Were scared master Skywalker" then you see Anakin take his Saber out,

SithSpy
yeah i think that refers to younglings like yoda was teaching in Ep.2 like ages 4-9 the ones in the hallway are probally like second stage padawans 10-16

MommySkywalker
Originally posted by Batman316
agreed....

Since GL is so adamant that young children shouldn't see this movie, I have a feeling this scene may indeed be left in. And really, what more powerful way to show Anakin's descent into evil than the showing the slaughter of children? I hate the thought of this, and I'm obviously going to have to take my son out of the theater during that part, at the very least. I'm planning to preview the film, but my son is so obsessed with Star Wars -- especially Anakin -- and has been counting down to the film's release, I just can't disappoint him by telling him he can't see it at all. We'll just sit in the back and pop out once or twice when necessary.

Joseph_Kerr
I'm not a parent, but what I would suggest for young viewers would be to talk to them about the plot, even if it means spoiling it for them and possibly even showing them some of the pictures from the books so that they understand what they will be viewing so that the shock value is removed from the movie. Maybe that will help to determine how your child will act since there is a lot of one on one lightsaber violence with limb removals etc. Just my 2 cents. smile

SithSpy
Its a necessary part of the trilogy however I think that GL shouldve have gradually made his way to this, EP III is going to be sooo much dif. then the rest of the PT Ep.1= The intergalactic version of Barney, Ep.2= intergalactic lovey dovey stuff w/some violence Ep3=STRAIGHT HORROR

Joseph_Kerr
In terms of the scene... I really don't think we are going to see the actual slaughter of the younglings. I'm sure GL is going to keep it much like the tusken slaughter.. I suspect that we will see Anakin work his way into the temple slaughtering the Master's and Padawan's until he reaches the council chambers. Once inside the council chambers I suspect that we will see the younglings being gathered into the room. After they are gathered into the room, we will see Anikan ignite his lightsaber as the doors close. I think the audience will be smart enough to understand what is taking place.. then we cut to the scene outside the temple when Bail shows up and one of the "Older" students runs out of the temple and is savagely gunned down my the clonetroopers.

By this point the audience will know that Skywalker is dead and no more and Darth Vader lives. There is no turning back, young Annie who we came to love and adore despite his faults is the most evil monster in the universe who will slaughter millions in the next 20 years.

I'm actually waiting for a book to come out.. The Psychology of Darth vader. big grin

SithSpy
It all comes down to a basic philisophical question, Would you sacrafice a loved one to save thousands? Anakin wasnt willing to do that

macgeek2005
In the Unabridged Audiobook, it tells about him going to the temple. and the next scene is bail organa, seeing smoke over the temple. And the scene after that is anakin in padme's apartment. It sounds like it doesn't show him at all. it goes up till he kills the gatemaster of the temple. and then the scene changes.

Red Superfly
It won't be any darker than ESB. Anakin's slaughter of the kiddies will be implied like Tusken Raider sequence, with a flashy, glitchy hologram showing a few details later on.

George Lucas is the man who came up with Jar Jar Binks, people. His own shadow probably scares him shitless.

And, kids die and get murderred all the time. That is a fact of life. There's no need to show anybody explicitly what happens, though.

Oh well, kids will learn one a valuable lesson - don't leave home and become a Jedi Knight, especially if you are asked by a kind man promising to show you his lightsaber.

astrofan428
I agree with SithSpy in saying that maybe this whole thing wouldnt seem as bad if it wasnt such an amazing change from the other 5 movies.

ShadowKing
To all

it is more dramatic, if filmed and edited with finesse, to leave more to your imagination...your mind will fill in the horror of the scene and leave you guessing how bad it was in that room.

with that being said...the Tusken slaughter was poorly executed in the desert scene and poorly acted when Ani explained what he did to Padme. I hope GL put his heart and soul into scenes like this 'cause that's what will sell the horror

shifty

Stefan Kojic
Can anyone post the pic of the seveared youngling please?

macgeek2005
http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8334/rots8kh5wk.jpg

Jazzman_78
Hate to point this out to all the people who think that the younglings get killed in a room behind a door.( I was one) Those bodies are spread out on a balcony. Out in the open. It''s right there in the pics. Doesn't mean their deaths are on film, but there is no dramatic closed door.

astrofan428
I think it will be something like this...

On hologran Anakin comes in and takes out a couple Jedi who are defending the younglings, but when it becomes time for them to die we will only see a shot of Obi's face in the blue light coming from the hologram while we hear screaming and a swinging saber. This will cause Obi to simply turn it off.

aussiefan
Don't forget we will also see Anakin kill Shaak Ti in her chamber,as well as killing the jedi in the war room and opening the doors of the temple to let the clones in. We will also see the clones disguising thgemselves as jedi so they can get close to the jedi, the clones damaging and destroying the temple, Bail Organa and clones chase sequence as well as an vulnerable escape sequence of the jedi.

Gl said that the scenes in the planets will be together with the temple raid.

aussiefan
Here is what I think is going to happen in sequence
*End of Mace and Sidious duel
*Sidious pep talk to Anakin, "Every Jedi is now an enemy to the republic", tells Anakin of his plans and order 66
*Senate debate, Sidious reveals that the Jedi are enemies to the Senate, the Mace dilemma and about how Anakin saved him and telling the senate that serious matters to the Jedi will be launched and not saying anything about Order 66.
*Padme stops Bail from addressing the Rebellion to Sidious in the Senate,etc
* Anakin and troops march up the stairs of the temple
*Order 66 montage sequence of the clone war planets not including Kashyyk and Utapau.

aussiefan
* Anakin kills guard keeper and enters the temple alone, death of Shaak Ti in her chambers, attack on the jedi in the war room, clones enter the temple; disgusing clones as jedi scene
*kashyyk order 66 sequence
*Miscellanous attack on the temple
*Younglings rounded up and killed by Anakin
*Utapau order 66 sequence; sarcrifice of the Boga and the death of commander Cody

aussiefan
*Padme witnesses an attack on the temple from her apartment
*Bail arrives at the temple to see what is happening and witnesses the death of a youngling, Bail's speeder chase scene with the clones
*miscellanous temple raid scenes; destruction of the temple, an escape attempt of the survivors(Cin Drallig and Mousy Callum are one of the survivors) which is killed by Anakin and clones, ends with what happen to the Tusken slaughter
*End of speeder chase, Bail confronts Padme telling her what has happen and leaves leaving Padme fearful of Anakin's Life: not knowing he did it
* Obi Wan escapes Utapau

aussiefan
* Yoda escapes Kashyyk with the help of Chewbacca and Tarfull
*Bail and Antilles arrives at the temple the next day in the Tantive 4 as Antilles steals a homing device from a starfighter
* Bail leaves Corusant
*Sidious sets Anakin on his new mission
* Senate Address, Sidious addresses the senate about order 66, the end of the republic and the claiming of his role as Emperor and the start of the Empire.
* Bail finds Yoda's homing signal; Obi Wan is present in the Tantive 4
*Anakin briefly confronts a surprise and intense Padme (with Leia buns) who had thought he died in the Temple, Padme speaks to Anakin about recent events but he hesitates, telling her his mission to Mustafar and at the end saying goodbye.

aussiefan
*Yoda, Obi Wan and Bail arrives at Corusant; Yoda and Obi Wan observes the destruction and massacre of the temple and sees raw footage of Anakin killing the jedi and the deaths of Cin drallig and Bene.
*obi Wan arrives at Padme's villa as they discuss Anakin and his turn to the dark side and Palpatine;Obi Wan reveals that he knows of her secret marriage to Anakin as well as her pregnancy.
*Yoda enters the senate building
*Padme leaves corusant to find Anakin as Obi Wan stows away in her ship
* Anakin arrives at mustafar and kills the separatists leaders
*Yoda arrives at Palpatine's office under the senate rotunda
*Padme and Obi Wan arrives at Mustafar; Padme and Anakin quarrel sequence, Padme is force choked and becomes unconscious and the start of the duel
*Duel between Yoda and Sidious together the Anakin and Obi Wan duel
*Yoda escapes Sidious in the Tantive 4
*The DUEL

Ultimatespider
Originally posted by macgeek2005
In the Unabridged Audiobook, it tells about him going to the temple. and the next scene is bail organa, seeing smoke over the temple. And the scene after that is anakin in padme's apartment. It sounds like it doesn't show him at all. it goes up till he kills the gatemaster of the temple. and then the scene changes.

Nope, avent u seen the scences of Anikian murdering Polo Koon and That Red Chix. It shows u it dow worri It shows you it!!!

Ultimatespider
Um... this mite be a stupid question but. Why exactly did the emperor wanna kill all the jedi. Is it just becuz he got one on him?

DenKi
Because hes a Sith and wants to take over the Republic?

Stefan Kojic
laughing

Batman316
no it's cause he's ugly and wants to kill all the cute people

Hybris
He was just bored, and anakin suggested two things: watch Star Trek or kill all the Jedi. His choice was made quickly lol

joshjakep
he kills all the jedi because he has to cleanse the jedi order of its politically challenged roots. He wants to set up a new order where the jedi can do what ever they want without the permission of the aristocrats of the council and of course headed up by him

joshjakep
and Sidious is not a sith, they were a race dead a long time ago. He is just evil and calls himself a DAR-k lord of the si- TH.

Ultimatespider
^ No! When the Jedi killed the Sith one survived and theve been ploting this in secert for the better part of a muelienuim. Just 2 each time a master and an aprentice and now aftr 100 years the time has come for revenge!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.