Silver Surfer Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Avi Arad on the Silver Surfer Movie
Source: SHH!
March 18, 2005

'roraz' tells us that Marvel Studios' Avi Arad told SFX Magazine new details on a proposed Silver Surfer movie.

Asked whether Galactus might appear in a Fantastic Four sequel, Arad said "Galactus is going to be in the Silver Surfer movie, which we're starting our journey towards."

But he said that there may be some franchise cross-pollination. "First we want to do the origin of the Silver Surfer and the Galactus story. But because it's the same studio, one day you'll probably have our version of Alien Vs. Predator - only a much, much better version."

eleveninches
Can't wait. yes
smile

TheFilmProphet
It seems that if all goes well with the Fantastic Four film and Silver Surfer then we might end up seeing a classic Marvel team-up go from the comic pages to film with Galactus in the midle of it all.

ragesRemorse
I think there is just to much content in the silver surfer universe to have a faithfull and sucessful film.

Alpha Centauri
Ehh no dammit.

I'd rather have no movie than having a shit one.

-AC

juggernaut74
As much as it bothers me to say it I think that if they made A Surfer movie it would probably suck. Unless they introduced him in a FF movie and then made a solo movie I could see it doing well. Doing a orgin movie on him first I think would be a flop.

TheFilmProphet
An origin story could work, but only if the script is done extremely well and transformed into film by an incredible director who actually cares about the characters and story.

Although a new Silver Surfer film also begs the question of whether or not most of the film would be CGI or live action.

pr1983
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Avi Arad on the Silver Surfer Movie
Source: SHH!
March 18, 2005

'roraz' tells us that Marvel Studios' Avi Arad told SFX Magazine new details on a proposed Silver Surfer movie.

Asked whether Galactus might appear in a Fantastic Four sequel, Arad said "Galactus is going to be in the Silver Surfer movie, which we're starting our journey towards."

But he said that there may be some franchise cross-pollination. "First we want to do the origin of the Silver Surfer and the Galactus story. But because it's the same studio, one day you'll probably have our version of Alien Vs. Predator - only a much, much better version."

cool...

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Ehh no dammit.

I'd rather have no movie than having a shit one.

-AC

agreed...

Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
An origin story could work, but only if the script is done extremely well and transformed into film by an incredible director who actually cares about the characters and story.

Although a new Silver Surfer film also begs the question of whether or not most of the film would be CGI or live action.

have to be cg...

ragesRemorse
Doing an Origin on Silver surfer would make for a slow and boring movie. The way hollywood makes movies though, they would do the first half an origin story and then rush abilities and characters along making the the entire movie feel out of place. I personally dont think that an origin story would be needed. Dedicate five minutes some where in the film to flash back or just touch base on his beginnings.

TheFilmProphet
I think that if at least 30 minutes was spent on his origin and then they continued the film with a smooth transition into his conflict with Galactus and his involvement with Earth then perhaps it could work.

Originally posted by pr1983
have to be cg...

I know that, but does Hollywood know it?

mr.smiley
i herd a rumor vin diesel was up for the part of the silver surfer

BENITO
I saw a preview of it somewhere

crazyspinz
vin deasil cant be surfer, HE CANT BE SURFER! it will ruin surfer for ever

Quick Freeze
i have the surfer-galactus orgin story. . . its in a really old FF comic so theyd have to use them wouldnt they. . .

mr.smiley
Originally posted by crazyspinz
vin deasil cant be surfer, HE CANT BE SURFER! it will ruin surfer for ever

Actualy I think he would do fairly decent.

fruits
the movies gonna be kick ass, but there's gonna have to be A LOT of CGI involved. like, a lot.

Mainstream
Originally posted by fruits
the movies gonna be kick ass, but there's gonna have to be A LOT of CGI involved. like, a lot.

yeah.

Cosmic Flame
Why would an origin take forever? Show some nice, peaceful Zenn-La scenes. Surfer's chilling with Shalla-Bal. Big ruckus, cause G just showed up. Norrin goes to handle business and becomes Surfer. All that can be handled in 30 minutes without being rushed. His origin takes all of 4-5 pages in the comics.

mdbull73
You guys think they would put Mephisto in it?

Cosmic Flame
I don't know if they would, but I'd sure as hell love to see Mephisto on the big screen.

RSSR
According to a conjecture that I saw here:
http://www.hollywood-elsewhere.com/

Avi Arad may have David O. Russell in mind in directing the upcoming Silver Surfer movie. That's a pretty interesting and relaxing choice for a director....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.