X-team VS. Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Can marvel's mutants take on the monster that killed Superman? Here's the roster:

X-Team:

Cyclops
Jean Grey
Joseph(Magneto clone)
Polaris
Forge
Colossus
Warpath
Cable(without virus)
Havok
Magma
Chamber
Wolverine
Iceman
Emma Frost
Storm
Sunfire
Strong Guy
Gambit
Bishop
and
.........The Juggernaut

Ok. X-team have a week of prep to prepare for the coming of Doomsday.

stormfront13
imo the x-men win- they have phoenix to create a shield right away. then storm can lift him up in the air while everyone hits him with their all. and in the cartoon doomsday was attacking supes and supes threw him in lava and magma can control lava so can't she kill him??

Kento
Cartoon Doomsday was weak just like cartoon Superman is. So basing decisions off of JLU is so wrong to do. AS for the X-team I don't know most of the people on it so I won't say.

kgkg
Yes.

With people like Jugs ,Joseph and Cable with prep time of course.

But i don't see why you putting people like WOV lol they will just be bait lol

stormfront13
yeah wolverine can't really hurt him

Beyonder
Joseph(Magneto clone) and Cable(without virus) do this on their own via containment.

And Cable with virus is godlike Cable is he not? If so, could he not break down DD's molecular structure since both he and Surfer were destroying and recreating everything around them?

stormfront13
good points

Sentry
I had to add in some bait.

Pepito
Apparently there is one way to kill Doomsday for good. He has it locked up in his head so that even high order telepaths have no inkling. Marvel telepaths might be able to get it out though.

kgkg
Originally posted by Beyonder
Joseph(Magneto clone) and Cable(without virus) do this on their own via containment.

And Cable with virus is godlike Cable is he not? If so, could he not break down DD's molecular structure since both he and Surfer were destroying and recreating everything around them?

didn't surfer messed him up bad.

stormfront13
won't jean grey, cable, chamber, and emma be able to take him down telapathic wise??

kgkg
well i don't know from what i heard telapathic doesn't work well on DD

stormfront13
oh i heard the same thiung but i wasn't sure

Beyonder
Originally posted by kgkg
didn't surfer messed him up bad.

My point was didn't both of them break down everything around them and recreate it at the same time? If Cable could break things down to a molecular level or recreate it, he might be able to do it to Doomsday.

Not talking about telepathy, only telekenesis and magnetism. Containment or battle removal is enough for a win.

stormfront13
yeah
imo x-team wins

kgkg
Originally posted by Beyonder
My point was didn't both of them break down everything around them and recreate it at the same time? If Cable could break things down to a molecular level or recreate it, he might be able to do it to Doomsday.

Not talking about telepathy, only telekenesis and magnetism. Containment or battle removal is enough for a win.

beyond I wasn't Arguing with you.

lol even tho it sounded like one.

stormfront13
well anyway imo the x-team wins

stormfront13
imo they casn hold hom off to figure out a way to get to him

stormfront13
or can't joseph just turn him inside out??

BENITO
out number for sure

stormfront13
what do you mean??

demigawd
Doomsday was immune to telepathy because he really didn't have much of a mind. Now he does, and it's actually made him less threatening. So current Doomsay goes down to the psis on the team.

Kento
mad I hate what they did to Doomsday! How can you be afraid to die when you can't really die, and just come back a whole lot stronger. >.> Oh, and has anybody read the new issue of Supes where Doomsday is in it. I want to know if it's worth getting or is Doomsday screwed up more.

jinzin
Well this all depends on what DD we're taling about here. If it's sentient Doomsday or Doomsday Rex than yeah the x-team wins for sure. If not (and I don't see the thread stating DD rex anywhere. Than all that this thread has accomplished is piling up x-bodies left and right. Apocalypse took down slews of x fighters in a weakened state, Doomsday isn't prone to psychic attack and the x-team doesn't have the physical strength to put him down either. He took out the entire GL corpse on an even playing feild, The x-men are no GL corpse and they're gonna get a major ass handing here.

demigawd
Originally posted by Kento
mad I hate what they did to Doomsday! How can you be afraid to die when you can't really die, and just come back a whole lot stronger. >.> Oh, and has anybody read the new issue of Supes where Doomsday is in it. I want to know if it's worth getting or is Doomsday screwed up more.

Doomsday is a "hero" in it. He basically helps Supes fight a few hundred Gogs.

Now, how Superman and Doomsday COMBINED could even beat ONE Gog is beyond me, considering how Gog is above skyfather level. How they can beat hundreds is insane. It sucks.

Originally posted by jinzin
Well this all depends on what DD we're taling about here. If it's sentient Doomsday or Doomsday Rex than yeah the x-team wins for sure. If not (and I don't see the thread stating DD rex anywhere. Than all that this thread has accomplished is piling up x-bodies left and right. Apocalypse took down slews of x fighters in a weakened state, Doomsday isn't prone to psychic attack and the x-team doesn't have the physical strength to put him down either. He took out the entire GL corpse on an even playing feild, The x-men are no GL corpse and they're gonna get a major ass handing here.

A lot of X-fighters would go down awfully fast against original Doomsday. It would really come down to a core few: Iceman, Cable, Joseph, Jean, with Storm and Polaris playing back up, and if Havok and Cyclops function without holding back, they could take Doomsday. If, during that time, Forge is working in the background with some kind of container device or dimensional shifting device, he could probably have it ready by the time they've taken down Doomsday, to get rid of him permanently.

jinzin
I'd say the comic is more or less worth a read. I love the artwork, it's really well done. The writing is confusing but it has it's endearing moments along with a few cool panals (the superman army vs. Gog 100 year battle.) Overall I'd say if you've got a few extra bucks why not.

Swanky-Tuna
He took out the entire GL corpse on an even playing feild, The x-men are no GL corpse and they're gonna get a major ass handing here. It wasn't even, he had a GL ring. Without it he would of been a landlogged ape.

Kento
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
It wasn't even, he had a GL ring. Without it he would of been a landlogged ape.

And he killed a Green Lantern to get the ring, and since he had the ring it would be even playing field. One ring, and wearer against however many were on Oa

Beyonder

Did that slew of X-Men have Cable w/ virus and Magneto?

Where'd this come from? How is he above a skyfather? Sure he killed a bunch of Supermen, but was it not because his sceptor was powered by hundreds or thousands of red sun energy?

jinzin
bingo.

demigawd
No, it was because he was empowered by a portion of the power of all the elder gods in DC. They said it made him more powerful than all of them. Akin to the Destroyer when he was sent to battle the Celestials.

Superherovandal
One minute no way Iceman can do anything to Doomsday as he has no blood to freeze, or organs.

illadelph12
laughing

Superherovandal
i'm serious u know.

Blair Wind
umm doesnt he have a brain? and if he has a brain couldnt that just be frozen?

jinzin
yeah, but he'll be immune to that type of attack minutes after it gets used on him, if that.

K Von Doom
But Doomsday moves as fast, if not faster than Superman. He'd take out most of the X-men before they knew there was a fight.

Khellendros
Originally posted by K Von Doom
But Doomsday moves as fast, if not faster than Superman. He'd take out most of the X-men before they knew there was a fight.
I alwayd find this hard to believe. He never seemed fast at all in his original appearance... Did he get a speed boost later on?

stormfront13
if i remember correctley spues said that it was hard fighting dd because he was so fast

demigawd
Yeah, DD is a really fast fighter. He did some DBZ-like combo on Booster Gold where he punched Booster, then went, grabbed a car and smashed Booster with it before Booster hit the ground from DD's first hit.

I read that and thought..."Damn".

stormfront13
i still think x-team wins though

K Von Doom
Originally posted by Khellendros
I alwayd find this hard to believe. He never seemed fast at all in his original appearance... Did he get a speed boost later on?

Probably not in his first appearance but he somehow adapts. He probably developed some kind of superspeed when he fought some of the superspeedsters.

demigawd
He's always been extremely fast, even during his first appearance. Like that manhandling of Booster I posted earlier, which still leaves me in awe.

Kento
Leaves me in awe too since I never seen it. However he's able to fight with Supes, and if supes had the speed advantage he'd use it in the fights that were in Hunter/Prey, and Doomsday Wars. He didn't have the speed, strength, or endurance advantage though.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Kento
And he killed a Green Lantern to get the ring, and since he had the ring it would be even playing field. One ring, and wearer against however many were on Oa A Green Lantern. The GL ring is powerful. Doomsday is powerful. You have one powerful vs a powerful wearing another powerful then it's uneven.

Kento
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
A Green Lantern. The GL ring is powerful. Doomsday is powerful. You have one powerful vs a powerful wearing another powerful then it's uneven.

But wasn't there the guardians fighting him, plus some Green Lanterns. I think the numbers even it out a lot. Specially when they weild the most powerful weapon in the universe.

jinzin
plus he was fighting aliens from all over the universe,,,no need to think that they're as weak as an ordinary human......I've read too many DC comics boasting superpowerful alien races to believe that.

ragesRemorse
this is a fun question, but i believe the odds are a little off. Granted, doomsday is a giant invincible rock turd, but against Two of the most powerfull telepaths marvel knows, along with a guy who can build anything, and alot of muscle that can go toe to toe with the invincibility offered. I think there are to many people on the side of the X-team. Of course endurance goes in the way of Doomsday, but with well balanced team work (from the most disciplined team in comics, save maybe F4). I just dont see Doomsday as much of a threat. Even if Doomsday isnt ultimately defeated, he would at the very least be contained.

jinzin
maybe contained in the sense of how supes did it in dd wars but in a head on fight telepaths and building boy aren't doing squat. the meatsheilds are only going to prolong the enevitable.

ragesRemorse
meatshields...i like that. Even as elquently as you put it, the meatshields would work as a team alternating between each others weaknesess and strengths. This doesnt mean much, but it does offer up alot more time for strategies, and tactics to be hatched and tried. Doomsday would eventually crack juggs shell, but would take some time. The power of jean grey and Cable cannot be pushed aside as mind games. For the x-team to win. Time is there advantage, and time can certainly obtained by the abilities on the team.

Superherovandal
he has no mind to meddle with he is only about destruction. Maxima, a powerful telepath once told this to Superman. He doesn't think about anything else.

stormfront13
i still think the x-men win this. storm can instantley pick him up and jean can create a shield and everybody can just throw all they ot at him. this might not work but it's a definite possibility.

Superherovandal
what can they throw at him that will even make him flinch.

stormfront13
i on;y said it was a possibility- but joseph can turn him inside out

Superherovandal
he has nothing in to put out.

Superherovandal
no metal or blood or anything.

Kento
All he has is bone, and whatever his skin is. No blood or enternal organs. Jospeh can't do much unless he throws whatever metal around is at him. Juggernaut is the only one here I can see holding him back but that won't last forever.

However doesn't Strong Guy get stronger the more he's hit?? Or am I thinking of somebody else? And does he have a limit?

Sentry
up

Crazymaniac
IMO x-men takes i. Juggy is already a match. add more and doomsday's doomed

Big Evil
This is an unfair advantage to the X-Team. Magneto could just wrap Doomsday around a hunk of metal and hurl him into space. It won't destroy Doomsday but leave him as someone else's problem.

Now even if Magneto/Joeseph wasn't in the midsts, and Cable DID have his virus. (Cause let's face it, without it he could fry pretty much anything..) The clarivoyance of Jean Grey could leave Doomsday a pile of muscle and bones with no thought processers.

And if you take out HER as well still the brute strength of everyone else would overwhelm Doomsday. Lots of lives are lost "stalling" Doomsday, but as he tires down and Collusus gives his lifeto pound Doomsday into submission Juggarnaut puts all his mighty power into throwing Doomsday out of Earth's orbit. Resulting him in being someone else's headache..

FieryBalrog
maybe contained in the sense of how supes did it in dd wars but in a head on fight telepaths and building boy aren't doing squat. the meatsheilds are only going to prolong the enevitable.

telepaths arent doing squat? puh-leez. Hes sentient now, isnt he? So whats stopping them. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.