Exar Kun vs. Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan33
so who would win in a fight? my money's on Exar Kun but just barely. Oh and sorry if this has already been created, i checked but couldnt find one.

jackstain
Darth Vader would win

Darth_Nefarus
Vader.
Vader in his suit.
Vader not in his suit.
Vader on crack.
Vader on pot.
It doesn't matter, Vader would win because he is the only being in the universe that could give himself to the darkside that much and turn back.

Darth_Janus
Only being? What about the redemption of Naga Sadow? This -is- EU, Nefarous. Feel free to stray from the movies.

And Vader would get destroyed, in my opinion. Exar Kun was amazing compared to him.

Morridini
Which Vader are u talking about?
If it is the Evil Anakin Vader which we will see in RotS then Exar Kun would loose. But if it is the post RotS Vader, the mechanical Vader, the Exar Kun would surely loose.

jackstain
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Only being? What about the redemption of Naga Sadow? This -is- EU, Nefarous. Feel free to stray from the movies.

And Vader would get destroyed, in my opinion. Exar Kun was amazing compared to him.

in your opinion. exactly. and thats all it is.... Vader would win hands down.

Darth Revan33
Okay, this is Vader from ROTJ and Exar Kun in the height of his Sith power.

jackstain
yeah and vader wins

Morridini
Ok, so then everyone should know that Exar Kun will win. As mechanical Vader was weaker then Sidious, and Exar surely would beat Sidious.

ArthasKnight
ROTJ Vader would get whipped by C-3PO with a mop, come on. Exar Kun wins.

jackstain
yea right......vader kills exar.....even if he couldnt, SIDIOUS WOULD ANNIHILATE KUNt!!

Morridini
Originally posted by jackstain
SIDIOUS WOULD ANNIHILATE KUNt!!

Yeah right, stupidest thing I've heard.

jackstain
edit

lil bitchiness
jackstain, watch your language!!

jackstain
lol

Darth_Nefarus
dude, why are you so hostile?

ArthasKnight
Doesn't really matter anymore does it, seeing as how he's BANNED! laughing

Darth_Nefarus
I didn't know that then, but thank god man

Darth_Janus
Good. I was tired of his "omg maul and vader would so own everyone cuz in my opinion both were amazing, blah blah blah"

I'm sorry, but if you're gonna have an opinion, great. If you're gonna attack and/or reply to others' opnions, bring something to the show next time.

omg ... you're banned.

Darth_Nefarus
Yeah, I mean, Janus, you and I disagree all the time, but it doesn't make you dumb or anything.
You're just in denial wink
Vader wins

Darth_Janus
Denial is a river in Egypt...

And better we disagree than agree too much. I don't trust anyone who doesn't have a clear opinion on anything.

Darth_Nefarus
Agreed.
My god, we've done it! lol

Darth_Janus
Gah! It's contagious! Run!

Rayvann Sadow
bump...don't ask me why.

xxxpoppunker182
exar would win all you vader fanboys just shut up cause you ARE wrong not tryin to be hostile but you guys are ignorant and aren't informed on kun vader would lose.

Gryn Jabar
I'm curious as to how people think Vader would win this.

Darth Faunus
Janus and Nefarus: Your different views are the stuff of legend, lol. That was the first thing I found out on this forum; that you guys never agree.

Rayvann Sadow
I dug this thread up from the very bottom of the last page...lol.

Darth_Janus
Yeah, he and I never agreed hardly, but we respected one another.

And on the first page is a serious typo... I typed Naga Sadow instead of Ajunta Pall.

Darth Faunus
I thought so. . .

Darth L. Dipsit
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
I'm curious as to how people think Vader would win this.

This was back when no one really knew the transition, before ROTS, and Dan has always thought the movies more reliable than games and EU.

Darth Sparhawk
Lord Vader will win, his power with the Force is huge and his hatred and desperation allow his evil feeling to reach the full potential of a Sith Lord. I think that only Sidious can defeat him, and not because of raw power.

xxxpoppunker182
um vader isn't as powerful as Exar. in his suite he lost all of his potential yes he does have a good command of the force. when he did have his limbs he had probably the best potential being as the chosen one and all but he never came close to reaching that.

Kun was pretty powerful in the force you know blowing up a star and all which inturn blew up a system. and he was pretty good with a lightsaber especially compared to vader with his bulky suite.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Darth Sparhawk
Lord Vader will win, his power with the Force is huge and his hatred and desperation allow his evil feeling to reach the full potential of a Sith Lord. I think that only Sidious can defeat him, and not because of raw power.

You obviously know nothing of Exar Kun.

Darth Sparhawk
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
um vader isn't as powerful as Exar. in his suite he lost all of his potential
No comment.

Darth_Janus
Uh huh.

Luke Is Better
we've got a lot of S.S. guys here i can c

thats the only way that people can think vader is stronger then kun

Darth_Janus
Or just plain uninformed movie fanboys who roll over here and think they know anything.

Luke Is Better
ya thats how i was at first but now after a few beat downs i've learn alittle lol but i still think jacen kyp and obi-wan r the coolest jedi ever

Luke Is Better
no matter how much i get pwned

Darth_Janus
Eh, maybe he'll fit in. Who knows? But for now, he is under fanboy suspicion.

Illustrious
Artoo will try him.

tommy vercetti
illustrious you have got to stop with this jawa droid thing. Well i suppose whatever does it for you

Darth Faunus
Why do you care, Disciple of Threepio?

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by tommy vercetti
illustrious you have got to stop with this jawa droid thing. Well i suppose whatever does it for you

You again?

Everywhere I go, you're there.... Like pigeon crap.

Luke Is Better
this thread needs to end it's not even funny how bad vader would get wasted like he'd barely b able to get a breath in

tommy vercetti
faunus and janus you're both just lame i might have to go insane if i listen to this same shit again

Darth_Janus
faunus and janus you're both just lame i might have to go insane if i listen to this same shit again

If you don't like us, either ignore us, or go somewhere else. It's that simple.

Darth Faunus

Then don't listen to it; just leave. You bring the whole house down on top of yourself every time you post, no one likes you, and all you do is put up insults, not reasoning.

elemental
i hear that tommy vercetti got banned

Darth_Janus
Really? Then why do I think you're his sock?

elemental
what is a sock

DarkExar
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Vader.
Vader in his suit.
Vader not in his suit.
Vader on crack.
Vader on pot.
It doesn't matter, Vader would win because he is the only being in the universe that could give himself to the darkside that much and turn back.
Thats a lie...ulic did just the same

Gryn Jabar
And Revan. And Bastila. And Exile. And Juhani.

DarkExar
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
And Revan. And Bastila. And Exile. And Juhani.
Exile didnt atchally HAVE to go dark smile deppends how u play it
And Some Dark Jedi not sith, returned to the light smile

Gryn Jabar
Originally posted by DarkExar
Exile didnt atchally HAVE to go dark smile deppends how u play it

I thought Canon stated this path for exile:
Exile: ->Jedi->Fought in Mandalorian Wars, turned DS -> returns->Get redeemed.

Rebel95
up

samappo
Exar Kun. He simply outclasses Vader with sorcery and as a lightsaber duelist, since Kun's style counters Vader's dueling strategy.

MythLord
Originally posted by samappo
He simply outclasses Vader with sorcery

No.

and as a lightsaber duelist,

No.

since Kun's style counters Vader's dueling strategy.

How?

Trocity
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
exar would win all you vader fanboys just shut up cause you ARE wrong not tryin to be hostile but you guys are ignorant and aren't informed on kun vader would lose.

thumb up !

Rockydonovang
Canon vader could take this via maul scaling+malachor scaling

Azronger
Kun, good fight

samappo
Excuse my below-par knowledge of Exar Kun but my reasoning is this:

1. There's no evidence as far as I know that Vader has/can combat offensive Sith Magic. Plus Kun did learn force lightning.

2. I feel like Vader tooled his fighting style to specifically counter surviving Jedi, by taking advantage of their predictability. It seems like when Shryne used unconventional tactic, Vader got hit twice, and then resorted to force abilities to win. I may be wrong here, but since Exar Kun's style is highly unpredictable and aggressive, I feel like Vader would be at a disadvantage. Especially since Kun could also use the double-blade function of his lightsaber, and he has also been known to use trakata techniques to get past his opponent's guard.

NewGuy01
2. Not really. Roan Shryne was able to perform as well as he did against Vader because Vader was still in development at the time. If they'd fought a few years later, Roan would probably just get wrecked.

MythLord
1. There's no evidence as far as I know that Vader has/can combat offensive Sith Magic. Plus Kun did learn force lightning.

Someone with a slight portion of Vader's knowledge was capable of summoning demons that perform Force Drain, Vader himself had a Sith amulet built into his suit, he has experience against Sorcery, and he's trained in the same methods as Tyranus. Tyranus being the same person who thinks of spells Sorzus Syn considered complex as "lesser arts".

Vader is more than capable of negating any Sith magic with his own vast plethora of knowledge and skill in said field.

With regards to lightning, Vader already has insolators in his suit to combat that, plus considerable Force defenses to counter that. Sure, powerful enough electricity can short-circuit his armor, but Kun lacks any lightning feats on par with Starkiller, much less Darth Sidious, both of whom needed prolongued bursts of lightning to overpower Vader's suit.

2. I feel like Vader tooled his fighting style to specifically counter surviving Jedi, by taking advantage of their predictability. It seems like when Shryne used unconventional tactic, Vader got hit twice, and then resorted to force abilities to win. I may be wrong here, but since Exar Kun's style is highly unpredictable and aggressive, I feel like Vader would be at a disadvantage. Especially since Kun could also use the double-blade function of his lightsaber, and he has also been known to use trakata techniques to get past his opponent's guard.

Jensaarai video as a source, huh? His fight against Roan Shryne was 19 BBY Vader, who was yet to fully adapt to his suit or develope his lightsaber form. This is more than 20 years before his prime, by which point he's definitely not going to be stopped just by "unpredictable" fighting methods. Besides being unorthodox, you're going to need to be more skilled, which I doubt Exar is.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Azronger
Kun, good fight

Finally, you say something worth agreeing with.

But yeah - Kun being greater than a "supremely" powerful Sith prodigy in Vitiate, whom, defied the mechanism of an omnipresent energy field in the Force by stripping it's presence from an entire planet and into his own, and had a thousand years to further master and increase his power, with his insane intrinsic aptitude and knowledge in the Force to aid, is a bit above and beyond Vader's pay grade.

Assuming I take the quote/accolade that puts Kun > Vitiate at face value, while ignoring you can't holistically factor someone that factually didn't exist at the time.

TheMuser
Originally posted by MythLord
Someone with a slight portion of Vader's knowledge was capable of summoning demons that perform Force Drain, Vader himself had a Sith amulet built into his suit, he has experience against Sorcery, and he's trained in the same methods as Tyranus. Tyranus being the same person who thinks of spells Sorzus Syn considered complex as "lesser arts".

Vader is more than capable of negating any Sith magic with his own vast plethora of knowledge and skill in said field.

With regards to lightning, Vader already has insolators in his suit to combat that, plus considerable Force defenses to counter that. Sure, powerful enough electricity can short-circuit his armor, but Kun lacks any lightning feats on par with Starkiller, much less Darth Sidious, both of whom needed prolongued bursts of lightning to overpower Vader's suit.

Jensaarai video as a source, huh? His fight against Roan Shryne was 19 BBY Vader, who was yet to fully adapt to his suit or develope his lightsaber form. This is more than 20 years before his prime, by which point he's definitely not going to be stopped just by "unpredictable" fighting methods. Besides being unorthodox, you're going to need to be more skilled, which I doubt Exar is.

Ya know wollf, you could take it a little less aggressively, he did preface by saying he had a lacking knowledge of Kun. Meanwhile I can certainly debate Kun v Vader boi.

yes

MythLord
Besides the "Jen video" thing, I fail to see how I was aggressive. Especially considering the Roan Shryne argument is from Jensaarai's Kun vs Vader video.

samappo
Originally posted by MythLord

Yeah, I haven't read a lot of the comics and shit regarding Vader, which I know really expand on his abilities. I concede there.

Can you prove that Sidious needed prolonged bursts of lightning though? Is it a direct statement or inferred?

Ehhhhh I remember watching the video a while ago, but forgot to remember that Vader was 4 weeks old into his suit.

jackisbacklol
I would support Kun if it wasn't for AP's shitty laundry soiling everything in sight.

MythLord
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.