i need your help!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

charlit
ok im realy confused..
any american people can help me out here...with the whole "grade system"
in new zealand im in year 11 and im 15 my bday is oct 20th so does that mean in america i would be 10th grade??? can someone tell me the ages and grades and stuff it would be really helpful thanks!
this is how our 1 goes

new entrants- 5 year olds (when you first start)
year 1- 5 turning 6
year 2- 6 turing 7
year 3- 7 turning 8
year 4- 8 turning 9
year 5- 9 turning 10
year 6- 10 turning 11
year 7- 11 turning 12
year 8- 12 turning 13
year 9- 13 turning 14
year 10- 14 turing 15
year 11(me)- 15 turning 16
year 12- 16 turning 17
and year 13- 17 turning eighteen

is this similar to you guys or what???

Raven Guardia
yeah you would mostly likely be in 10th smile

charlit
thanks but its so confusing coz like here first term is from bout 1st feb to end of march and then 2nd term is april to july and 3rd term is end of july to end of september and 4th term is october to start of december?? whats it like there??

Baylin
5 years old is kindergarden
6 years old is 1st grade
7 is 2nd grade
8 is 3rd grade
9 is 4th grade
10 is 5th grade
11 is 6th grade
12 is 7 grade
13 is 8th grade
14 is 9th grade
15 is 10th grade
16 is 11th grade
17 is 12th grade

this veries slightly from state to state. also when you start kindergarden you have to be 5 before october 16th or you dont start till the following year. thats mostly it. hope that helps erm

charlit
thanks darl smile

charlit
so like in my year the oldest people are born in may and the youngest are in april so the american is the other way around???

Baylin
sorry charlit, i dont quite understnd. are you going to be going to school in america?

charlit
no im just really confused when people talk about "grades" on here and stuff so i thought i might just learn what its all about

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.