Superman , Orion , MM vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Superman , Orion , MM(three hour of prep time) vs Thanos

can these powerhouse stop the terror that is thanos.

Kento
Thanos gets prep time to then definatley no. And neither of those three heroes are really the prep time type.

Cosmic Cube
Thanos could knock all three out in a fist fight.

Scoobless
Orion couldn't handle prep time...... he'd go insane if he had to wait to fight anyone....... so he'd rush in and Thanos would murder him before Superman even arrived

DigiMark007
Even with a telepath (which, to my knowledge, wouldn't affect Thanos), Thanos is too much raw power.

-DM

Lord-of-Dreams
I say Thanos. Orion is not the waiting type, e'd rush in and get clobbered, Supes would follow, trying to get Orion to wait and help come up with a plan, get clobbered, then MM would try, but fail, to read T.s mind, and secede.

gogogadgetgo
bump

D_Dude1210
Haha, the above statements are exactly my thoughts. As much as Supes and MM can prolly be a decent team, Orion is too unstable to be made to "prep".

It's basically Supes and MM vs Thanos and Thanos can easily take that.

Xplosive
Team overwhelms him.

Naija boy
Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think it's a good fight without the prep situation. With the prep and Thanos lack of prep I think Supes might be able to pull something out of his ass. However, Orion and MM will go down regardless. IMO if the team works together and supes comes up with a good plan it's an even split. If Orion rushes in too early like he just might it's Thanos 8/10

manx422
orion solos

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by manx422
orion solos

Solos as in he dies alone first?

manx422
orion>darkseid>thanos

D_Dude1210
orion dies solo

I agree. But then, Supes and MM follows him right after.

manx422
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I agree. But then, Supes and MM follows him right after.
orion trashes thanos beyond repair

KuRuPT Thanosi
orion trashes thanos beyond repair

So, your thinking is Orion>DS>Thanos... haha. So, one v one you say Orion trashes Thanos is your view? Okay please put down the pipe or pass the pipe because clearly you've had enough. Thanos destroyes Orion first and then deals with the other two.

Priest
Thanos imo.

Enyalus
I'm gonna go the Quan route and ask: When has Thanos taken down three top tiers at once?

I mean, I think if Orion goes toe-to-toe he gets ****ed up, and if Supes slugs it out he gets ****ed up...but all three at once? Hmm...

Naija boy
Originally posted by Enyalus
I'm gonna go the Quan route and ask: When has Thanos taken down three top tiers at once?

I mean, I think if Orion goes toe-to-toe he gets ****ed up, and if Supes slugs it out he gets ****ed up...but all three at once? Hmm...

Thanos is considerably more durable than an of them+forcefields, and has enough power output to put any of them down in a few shots.

Nihilist
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Solos as in he dies alone first? laughing out loud

xJLxKing
I think they can take him, but some might not make it out alive. I believe MM is the key to winning

kgkg
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I think they can take him, but some might not make it out alive. I believe MM is the key to winning How is MM the key to winning.

I see Orion and Superman doing better

xJLxKing
Originally posted by kgkg
How is MM the key to winning.

I see Orion and Superman doing better
Orion and Superman wuold be more effective if they all fought using just physical attack, but is just as strong as Superman(maybe a little weaker), and is more versatile. He is telepathic. He can transform his body and become invisible.

kgkg
Orion and Superman wuold be more effective if they all fought using just physical attack, but is just as strong as Superman(maybe a little weaker), and is more versatile. He is telepathic. He can transform his body and become invisible. Yes but how is that key to winning?

xJLxKing
Yes but how is that key to winning?
I just said more versatile but just as strong.

kgkg
I just said more versatile but just as strong. I understand he is more versatile but how is that the key to winning anything?

What is his versatility going to bring? Mind attac, and Intangibility would be pretty useless against thanos

The prob with MM is his durability thanos can possible one-shot him and he does not have those powerful attacks that Superman and Orion can bring to the table.

xJLxKing
I understand he is more versatile but how is that the key to winning anything?

What is his versatility going to bring? Mind attac, and Intangibility would be pretty useless against thanos

The prob with MM is his durability thanos can possible one-shot him and he does not have those powerful attacks that Superman and Orion can bring to the table.
How is intangibility useless here? He can also become invisible, and phase through objects.

batdude123
Team.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Thanos is considerably more durable than an of them+forcefields, and has enough power output to put any of them down in a few shots.
You're right. I'll blame my lack of faith in Thanos on sleep deprivation.

Shields up, force block for Orion, a few blasts and punches to down Supes...MM is irrelevant here.

kgkg
How is intangibility useless here? He can also become invisible, and phase through objects. It's useless offensively and am pretty sure Thanos has the ability to hit intangible target.

The real question here is offense and MM will be hard pressed to do anything if he gets attack.

Unlike Superman and Orion MM's durability is not that good.

but you still haven't answered by question what makes MM the key rather than Superman , or Orion who have better offensive arsenal.

skyfather
Superman is the only real threat in the end, and he goes down eventually.

Enyalus
It's useless offensively and am pretty sure Thanos has the ability to hit intangible target.

He actually doesn't need to hit him while intangible. Thanos can force J'onn to become tangible again. His body is shunted to a different dimension while he goes intangible, yes?

Well, even a pre-first-death Thanos was able to change Captain Mar-vell into Rick Jones with a simple glance (not for you KG, but for the laymen...they exist in separate dimensions.)

Like I said, MM is irrelevant here.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Supes with Prep is the only hope for the team. Orion and MM get dealt with with minimal effort.

zeel
Superman , Orion , MM(three hour of prep time) vs Thanos

can these powerhouse stop the terror that is thanos.

newp.

zeel
orion>darkseid>thanos

and you base this on ?????????????????

Avlon
I hope MM is there for moral support only...

Mindset
Originally posted by Avlon
I hope MM is there for moral support only... lol

kgkg
Originally posted by zeel
newp. Say word

Kris Blaze
Team put up a fight, could maybe take 2.

h1a8
Superman alone would beat Thanos. How in the hell is he going to stop these three? This is spite.

I don't buy the psychology con game to have a character face a team to slickly show that he/she can beat any member on the team. Sorry, but I'm not stupid and Superman wins.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman alone would beat Thanos. How in the hell is he going to stop these three? This is spite.

I don't buy the psychology con game to have a character face a team to slickly show that he/she can beat any member on the team. Sorry, but I'm not stupid and Superman wins.

Superman soloing Thanos.... -_-

Quit trolling h1a8...

Enyalus
Quit trolling h1a8...

Its what he does.

D_Dude1210
Its what he does.

I know.. but it gets old after a while... >_<

h1a8
Superman soloing Thanos.... -_-

Quit trolling h1a8...

I think Superman can beat Thanos via hitting him before he can act. Combo to ko follows. Otherwise Superman loses.

Enyalus
I think Superman can beat Thanos via hitting him before he can act.

Big. Deal. Thanos has taken multiple shots from WM Thor with the Power Gem. That's Thor, times 10 his normal strength, times the unquantifiable amp that the Gem of Power gives him. He's taken Silver Surfer's blasts without flinching. He's taken Drax's blasts without flinching. He's taken Odin's blasts without flinching. He's taken Mjolnir blows without flinching. Superman's fists aren't doing anything before he gets his shields up, or backhands him away Darkseid-style in Superman/Batman.

Naija boy
Big. Deal. Thanos has taken multiple shots from WM Thor with the Power Gem. That's Thor, times 10 his normal strength, times the unquantifiable amp that the Gem of Power gives him. He's taken Silver Surfer's blasts without flinching. He's taken Drax's blasts without flinching. He's taken Odin's blasts without flinching. He's taken Mjolnir blows without flinching. Superman's fists aren't doing anything before he gets his shields up, or backhands him away Darkseid-style in Superman/Batman.

Have u forgotten so soon that superman is at least 1billion times stronger than thor? also superman defeats Odin as well

Enyalus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Have u forgotten so soon that superman is at least 1billion times stronger than thor? also superman defeats Odin as well
I really don't know why I respond to him. Its not like anything I say makes a difference.

Mindset
I'm not stupid I respectfully disagree

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Mindset
I respectfully disagree

That was Fing funny Set... and yes I called you Set as in your Gangsta nickname

quanchi112

I don't buy the psychology con game to have a character face a team to slickly show that he/she can beat any member on the team. Sorry, but I'm not stupid and Superman wins. We base these matchups off the comics themselves.Originally posted by h1a8
I think Superman can beat Thanos via hitting him before he can act. Combo to ko follows. Otherwise Superman loses. How? You act as if Superman can oneshot him or something. Who has he beaten in a comic before they knew what hit then? Back up your case.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by quanchi112
We base these matchups off the comics themselves. How? You act as if Superman can oneshot him or something. Who has he beaten in a comic before they knew what hit then? Back up your case.

Quan don't entertain him

Philosophía
Team.

Avlon

TricksterPriest

You want to get into a feat war.............WITH SUPERMAN? blink laughing out loud

Quit while you're ahead. thumb down

Yes, it is more than possible for Superman to take down Thanos himself.

But everyone is forgetting something. The team has 3 hours prep. That means they can get tech from the Fortress, or the 4th world.

And Orion is no slouch when it comes to prep. Thanos isn't beating the kind of power they can bring down on him.

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
You want to get into a feat war.............WITH SUPERMAN? blink laughing out loud

When did I say this? No, of course I'm not getting into a feat war with Superman. Based on feats, he takes down the Spectre.

H1 acts like he's going to one-shot him or some other irrelevant bullshit. I'm pointing out that WM Thor w/ PG, who is above Superman physically, couldn't do it. At all. So Superman isn't, either. And if he did bullrush him, etc, he'd get backhanded away like DS did to him in...Superman/Batman 10 (?).

3 hour prep is the only chance this team has to win. (And I don't know what they'd bring to the table, but they probably win because of it.)

quanchi112

TricksterPriest
When did I say this? No, of course I'm not getting into a feat war with Superman. Based on feats, he takes down the Spectre.

H1 acts like he's going to one-shot him or some other irrelevant bullshit. I'm pointing out that WM Thor w/ PG, who is above Superman physically, couldn't do it. At all. So Superman isn't, either. And if he did bullrush him, etc, he'd get backhanded away like DS did to him in...Superman/Batman 10 (?).

3 hour prep is the only chance this team has to win. (And I don't know what they'd bring to the table, but they probably win because of it.)

Actually......WM Thor didn't really do ANYTHING to put him over Superman physically. Because Thanos is equal to DS and has superspeed, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superman, if he wanted to or went all out, walks through everything Thanos does, and at the end, when Thanos is shocked, Superman pummels him into the ground.

Because he's just that damn good. no expression

quanchi112
Actually......WM Thor didn't really do ANYTHING to put him over Superman physically. Because Thanos is equal to DS and has superspeed, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superman, if he wanted to or went all out, walks through everything Thanos does, and at the end, when Thanos is shocked, Superman pummels him into the ground.

Because he's just that damn good. no expression Superman could never take on the Infinity watch, the Surfer, and Strange. Thor was getting stronger each second.

Supes has gone down to far less. Henshaw treated him like a child.

TricksterPriest
Superman could never take on the Infinity watch, the Surfer, and Strange. Thor was getting stronger each second.

Supes has gone down to far less. Henshaw treated him like a child.

JOBBER POWA!!!!!! And let's face it, they were not trying to kill him or permanently injure him. Maybe Thanos was. But Strange alone should have shut him down easily.

And Superman has beaten far greater. Henshaw is not a low showing.

Naija boy

Perhaps if u leave out context in all of those feats (as many are prone to do). If u decide to actually add contet to them however, he is a top tier. End of story.

quanchi112
JOBBER POWA!!!!!! And let's face it, they were not trying to kill him or permanently injure him. Maybe Thanos was. But Strange alone should have shut him down easily.

And Superman has beaten far greater. Henshaw is not a low showing. They weren't holding back and were trying to put him down. Strange didn't. Quit ignoring the comics. People who ignore the comics are fanboys.

Henshaw isn't a low showing, but Thor in that story was a much greater threat then Henshaw was with his rings. That is the point. Superman has gone down to far less than a power gem, whackjob Thor on the loose.

iceman24567
The team wins

Warlord
Thanos will win.
Martian Manhunter would be a non factor since he is bellow his teamates in physical atributes and non of his other tricks would affect Thanos.

By the way Thanos could beat Superman and Orion with telepathy. I know Superman has defences against it but if Gorilla Graodd can affect him Thanos would do it much more easilly

iceman24567
Originally posted by Warlord
By the way Thanos could beat Superman and Orion with telepathy. I know Superman has defences against it but if Gorilla Graodd can affect him Thanos would do it much more easilly Thanos isn't beating a New God and Superman with tp no

Warlord
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thanos isn't beating a New God and Superman with tp no

Why not?
Grodd already done it. Poison Ivy has done it also....
Is Thanos bellow them?

iceman24567
Why not?
Grodd already done it. Poison Ivy has done it also....
Is Thanos bellow them? Superman also has resisted high level telepaths before or are we discrediting them?

Warlord
Superman also has resisted high level telepaths before or are we discrediting them?

not at all but since he is not immune and Thanos has high level telepathy I believe he can affect him sooner or later. He would put up a fight until he finds a way to break his mental defenses. Grodd did it. For god's shake, a gorilla.
And Thanos well... is Thanos. I don't say he would beat them at once but could do it after a little time

iceman24567
Gorilla Grodd is a high level telepath he usually amps himself too if you didn't know erm.

Bouboumaster
Thanos

h1a8
How? You act as if Superman can oneshot him or something. Who has he beaten in a comic before they knew what hit then? Back up your case.

Superman probably won't oneshot him. All he has to do is hit him once. After that he combos Thanos to ko. A couple of redizzy combos should do the trick.

Enyalus

Because he's just that damn good. no expression

A few things:

I made a WM Thor w/ PG vs. Superman thread before, and I think it was closed for spite. That's how big the gap is between them for rational comic fans. Even before he had the gem, he was one-shotting planets (something Supes hasn't done), one-shot Drax with the Power Gem, and two-shot him later on. Kicked Surfer's ass and did the same to Beta Ray Bill. With the Power Gem you're already aware of what he did and the teams he dominated.

That alone proves he's above Superman's level physically. When he's in Warrior Madness mode he's ten times his classic strength levels. I have a scan to prove it if you want evidence. (EDIT: I'll actually do that now: )

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_WM_amp1.jpg

But, clearly Thor's strength x10 > Superman's strength. And again, Thanos was beating that version of Thor. So, he's not going to be 'combo to ko'd' by Superman or Orion's blows. Plus, he can throw his shields up once he swats away the initial blitz or bullrush.

Secondly: Darkseid kills Thanos in travel speed, no doubt man. But Thanos does have H2H speed. In fact, he's got the DC-style afterimage H2H speed:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_blastspeed1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_blastspeed2.jpg

So its no mere fantasy that he would indeed be able to react to anyone on this team and knock them away. Or, throw up his tech shields or energy shields before they even reach him (He does this when the Fallen One attempts to blitz him: )

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_energyshield1.jpg

Three: Your notion of Superman doing anything he wants to, because he wants to, is stupid. If it were in a DC comic, I'd buy that explanation. This is a no-PIS neutral environment. We take Superman at Superman levels, not ridiculousness that certain writers in certain issues jack him up to in order to resolve a seemingly impossible plot.

I'll grant you Team might win due to the prep, and them being able to come up with some very nasty shit. But straight up they'd lose quickly.

quanchi112
Superman probably won't oneshot him. All he has to do is hit him once. After that he combos Thanos to ko. A couple of redizzy combos should do the trick. His shields are up. How does he lay a hit on him? Who has Superman beaten on Thanos' level due to one combo?

h1a8
A few things:

I made a WM Thor w/ PG vs. Superman thread before, and I think it was closed for spite. That's how big the gap is between them for rational comic fans. Even before he had the gem, he was one-shotting planets (something Supes hasn't done), one-shot Drax with the Power Gem, and two-shot him later on. Kicked Surfer's ass and did the same to Beta Ray Bill. With the Power Gem you're already aware of what he did and the teams he dominated. Lies. Show me Thor oneshotting planets. Spidey has koed Firelord. Superman can one-shot anyone Thor can since he is stronger. Also know that Supes has a strength feat that is far beyond oneshotting a planet.
Superman is more than a billion times stronger than Thor by feats. So even WM Thor/with PG is still physically inferior.
Anyone can be comboed to ko required that the first hit has some jarring affect and that the comboer is fast enough to land another jarring hit before the affect of the previous jarring hit wears off.
Someone moving at mere mach speed will produce the same images. Mach speed is still a statue to Light Speed.

Fallen One came from a very far away. Thanos had plenty of time to sense him coming. This fight starts very much up close.

h1a8
His shields are up. How does he lay a hit on him? Who has Superman beaten on Thanos' level due to one combo?

Supes hits him before his shields are up.

quanchi112
Supes hits him before his shields are up. You just admitted he couldn't beat him in a hit. His shields go up whether they start on or not. Thanos has taken far more punishment from more powerful characters than for Supes to even affect him imo.

D_Dude1210
Superman is more than a billion times stronger than Thor by feats. So even WM Thor/with PG is still physically inferior.

Are we back to this again??? Didn't the argument about this stalemate after like 50 pages of pointless debate??

BTW, BRB blew up a planet in his battle with Stardust (tho I wouldn't call it a one-shot, it WAS more of an after-effect than a hit). BRB = Thor.

Admittedly, Supes has had very impressive lifting/pulling feats but please show scans that would be far more impressive than Thor/BRB's hitting/damage feats. Cuz, you know, in a fight, they don't exactly lift/pull things to prove who wins.

Enyalus
Lies. Show me Thor oneshotting planets.
Wait a moment, you call me a liar - implying he hasn't done so...then ask for a scan of him doing so? If you're certain enough to call me a liar, why so uncertain as to ask for a scan proving your own stupidity incorrect? I don't take kindly to being called a liar, especially from an incorrigible fanboy such as yourself. That being said, I'll give you issue numbers instead. You can either look them up or take my word for it - either way, you'll know I'm not lying:

WM Thor one-shots a planet in Thor 468. Well before this at his base, classic levels, he strikes Exitar the Celestial hard enough to 'rock the entire planet' and shatter mountains for miles around. That was in Thor 388. And in Thor 423 its stated that he can one-shot planets.

Spidey has koed Firelord.
Spiderman has also one-shot PC Superman. How's them apples?

Superman can one-shot anyone Thor can since he is stronger.
So you say, without one shred of proof. That's not allowed on KMC, by the way.

Also know that Supes has a strength feat that is far beyond oneshotting a planet.
I assume you mean him pulling Earth with Hal Jordan's aid. And if so: One, the Earth was already out of orbit - he was pulling it back into its orbit, which takes much less strength than it does to tear it from its orbit. Two: He's in space, pulling against it. He's not even pushing. In fact, he's not even using his arms at all. How in your mind this affects Superman's punching power makes zero sense to any logical person.

Again with this shit. Because in their canon crossover Superman soooo looked a billion times stronger than Thor, didn't he? roll eyes (sarcastic)

But since you insist on being dense and spouting the same bullshit calculations: Thor's lifted the Midgard Serpent, large enough to wrap itself around the Earth. No matter how much you say "most of it was intangible when Thor did it" won't make it true. And that was an actual lifting feat, involving arm strength. In Thor 400, Hercules and Thor's arm wrestling match generated enough pressure to knock the planet out of orbit. How's that for strength? And if you're thinking about using the Megaddon Wheel feat for Supes, know that Thor has turned the wheels of a multiversal level sentient object in Yggdrasil the World Tree, which exists on all planes of reality at once. The World Tree is sentient and he was pushing against the wheel and the engine's will, while he was dying.

Classic Thor and Superman are comparable in strength. WM Thor w/ Power Gem absolutely shits on Superman's strength.

Anyone can be comboed to ko required that the first hit has some jarring affect and that the comboer is fast enough to land another jarring hit before the affect of the previous jarring hit wears off.
Superman's blows will not jar Thanos. He is not strong enough. If he can walk through Odin's blasts and not even take a step back while being struck by a Mjolnir which can shatter planets, Superman's blows will not jar him. He slaps him away like Darkseid does, puts up his shields, and goes from there. Or lets loose an omnidirectional blast to stun or put him down for a moment.

Someone moving at mere mach speed will produce the same images. Mach speed is still a statue to Light Speed.
Superman doesn't go light speed in the atmosphere. And Thanos has reacted to Surfer's blitz when he traveled a full light year in roughly a second's time. Again - not an issue.

Fallen One came from a very far away. Thanos had plenty of time to sense him coming.
You know this how? You haven't read the issue in question. This is the page before he stops the blitz:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos12p14.jpg

How far away does that look to you? 20 ft? 50? And Fallen One has trans-light speed, just like Surfer.

This fight starts very much up close.
Wrong. This fight starts half a kilometer apart, per FMC rules. Much further away than Thanos was against Fallen One.

Read what was typed out to you here. Think about it rationally. And come up with a response worth my time and not filled with fanboy nonsense. If the Team wins, it's going to be due to prep. Not because Superman solos him.

D_Dude1210
You ownd him there Eny. big grin

Enyalus
You ownd him there Eny. big grin
He gives one a lot of room to work with.

I don't really consider it brag-worthy.

kgkg
I would like to give some E-medals.

h1a8
Are we back to this again??? Didn't the argument about this stalemate after like 50 pages of pointless debate??

BTW, BRB blew up a planet in his battle with Stardust (tho I wouldn't call it a one-shot, it WAS more of an after-effect than a hit). BRB = Thor.

Admittedly, Supes has had very impressive lifting/pulling feats but please show scans that would be far more impressive than Thor/BRB's hitting/damage feats. Cuz, you know, in a fight, they don't exactly lift/pull things to prove who wins.
BRB doesn't equal Thor. It takes far less force than the weight of a planet to oneshot it. Superman is proven to generate forces greater than the weight of 50 Earths.

manx422
anyone on team solos thanos
losers like drax kill thanos for a living
he is not invunerable
they can simply pull his heart out

h1a8

Wait a moment, you call me a liar - implying he hasn't done so...then ask for a scan of him doing so? If you're certain enough to call me a liar, why so uncertain as to ask for a scan proving your own stupidity incorrect? I don't take kindly to being called a liar, especially from an incorrigible fanboy such as yourself. That being said, I'll give you issue numbers instead. You can either look them up or take my word for it - either way, you'll know I'm not lying:

WM Thor one-shots a planet in Thor 468. Well before this at his base, classic levels, he strikes Exitar the Celestial hard enough to 'rock the entire planet' and shatter mountains for miles around. That was in Thor 388. And in Thor 423 its stated that he can one-shot planets. That was a very microscopic small moon, asteroid, or planetoid, nowhere near a planet in size.
Thor already weakened it with a hammer throw prior. With that said, Mjolnir striking feats doesn't quite prove strength. This is because Mjolnir can supply its own power to a strike. It can move under Thor's own will. Now Thor oneshotting a moon with his fists is something.

Oneshot implies to knock out. But you get my point about A oneshotting B right?

Feats prove who is stronger on KMC and Superman has feats that puts his strength far above Thor's.

Incorrect. You are getting the instances screwed up. This was pulling the Earth against the Sun's gravity. And false pulling a planet out of Orbit requires the same force or less as putting it back in orbit. To put something in orbit is to give it an escape velocity which is the same velocity or less you must give it to take it out of orbit.. And pulling=pushing. When you punch you are pulling your arms forward (like a bowflex machine). Both the OHOTMU and the dictionary thinks it is true about the Serpent, so it is not only me. And why do you speak of this mumble jumble vague "multiversal level sentient object" without giving issue numbers or scans. Spider-man or even Colossus could have been turned this wheel.
You are a completely bias marvel fanboy for that comment. Superman not being strong enough to affect Thanos with his punches is asinine. That comment is so bad that even Quanchi would disagree with you. At least Quanchi is making decent arguments with Thanos shields and not totally ridiculous ones as you just did. It makes more sense that Colossus won't affect Spider-man with his landed punches than what you said. Energy blasts are not physical strikes. Thanos can absorb and harness energy through his being. And Superman still strikes Thanos before Thanos acts. Superman has traveled light speed in an atmosphere or close enough where it can't be distinguished between the two. He appeared halfway around the Earth instantly several times. In the IG saga, Surfer slowed down at the end of the flight. Thanos didn't react, Surfer merely missed.

Wrong! You are either playing the scan con game or didn't read the arc yourself. Fallen One was light years away from Thanos when he stop him from blitzing. And .5km away is like being skin close to Superman. This is no distance at all to him. Light years away is a different story. Nice try though.

D_Dude1210
BRB doesn't equal Thor.

Yes, Thor is more powerful in his current incarnation. Classic Thor is equal to BRB.

It takes far less force than the weight of a planet to oneshot it.

I disagree. It all depends on how the force is applied. A 10 megaton nuke being detonated on the surface of a 10 mile asteroid on an impact trajectory with Earth will only scar the surface. But attach a small rocket to the surface of the asteroid, applying only constant but minute force will move it away from it's current trajectory.

I'm sure you derived this conclusion from your extensive knowledge of physics (LOL!). :-/

Superman is proven to generate forces greater than the weight of 50 Earths.

Wow. Where do you come up with these numbers?? -_-

FYI, we're talking about Thanos' durability here. By your own admission, Thor can make Mjolnir hit as hard as he wants. Well, he wasn't JUST PUNCHING Thanos, he was hitting him with the hammer, too. This proves Thanos' durability to be far more than you seem to believe it is.

Also, his shields can absorb anything these guys throw at him.

Mekrob
Wrong! You are either playing the scan con game or didn't read the arc yourself. Fallen One was light years away from Thanos when he stop him from blitzing. And .5km away is like being skin close to Superman. This is no distance at all to him. Light years away is a different story. Nice try though. Only thing I read of your post...

wut

Fallen One just destroyed Thanos' ship, and stuck around afterwards. There is no way he is light years away (never stated, implied, shown, etc). And in the scan you just saw, he was only about 30 feet away. Seriously, how did you even come up with this conclusion?

Fallen One went straight at him in a straight line. The fastest way to something is in a straight line. Thanos reacted.

Warlord
Gorilla Grodd is a high level telepath he usually amps himself too if you didn't know erm.

Grodd is not even in Martian Manhunter level, let alone Thanos

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mekrob
Only thing I read of your post...

wut

Fallen One just destroyed Thanos' ship, and stuck around afterwards. There is no way he is light years away (never stated, implied, shown, etc). And in the scan you just saw, he was only about 30 feet away. Seriously, how did you even come up with this conclusion?

Fallen One went straight at him in a straight line. The fastest way to something is in a straight line. Thanos reacted.

Yeah, I'm not bothering with this anymore. At least 13 of his...16 points in that last post were either wrong, totally baseless, or both.

D_Dude1210
Yeah, I'm not bothering with this anymore. At least 13 of his...16 points in that last post were either wrong, totally baseless, or both.

OF course! That's h1a18 ur talking about. The fun part is actually finding the parts of his argument that DOES make sense. It's not easy, but he throws em in there once in a while!

Juntai
It's weird, sometimes he's on the ball, and other times im not sure what happens. lol.

KuRuPT Thanosi

WM Thor one-shots a planet in Thor 468. Well before this at his base, classic levels, he strikes Exitar the Celestial hard enough to 'rock the entire planet' and shatter mountains for miles around. That was in Thor 388. And in Thor 423 its stated that he can one-shot planets.

Spiderman has also one-shot PC Superman. How's them apples?

So you say, without one shred of proof. That's not allowed on KMC, by the way.

I assume you mean him pulling Earth with Hal Jordan's aid. And if so: One, the Earth was already out of orbit - he was pulling it back into its orbit, which takes much less strength than it does to tear it from its orbit. Two: He's in space, pulling against it. He's not even pushing. In fact, he's not even using his arms at all. How in your mind this affects Superman's punching power makes zero sense to any logical person.

Again with this shit. Because in their canon crossover Superman soooo looked a billion times stronger than Thor, didn't he? roll eyes (sarcastic)

But since you insist on being dense and spouting the same bullshit calculations: Thor's lifted the Midgard Serpent, large enough to wrap itself around the Earth. No matter how much you say "most of it was intangible when Thor did it" won't make it true. And that was an actual lifting feat, involving arm strength. In Thor 400, Hercules and Thor's arm wrestling match generated enough pressure to knock the planet out of orbit. How's that for strength? And if you're thinking about using the Megaddon Wheel feat for Supes, know that Thor has turned the wheels of a multiversal level sentient object in Yggdrasil the World Tree, which exists on all planes of reality at once. The World Tree is sentient and he was pushing against the wheel and the engine's will, while he was dying.

Classic Thor and Superman are comparable in strength. WM Thor w/ Power Gem absolutely shits on Superman's strength.

Superman's blows will not jar Thanos. He is not strong enough. If he can walk through Odin's blasts and not even take a step back while being struck by a Mjolnir which can shatter planets, Superman's blows will not jar him. He slaps him away like Darkseid does, puts up his shields, and goes from there. Or lets loose an omnidirectional blast to stun or put him down for a moment.

Superman doesn't go light speed in the atmosphere. And Thanos has reacted to Surfer's blitz when he traveled a full light year in roughly a second's time. Again - not an issue.

You know this how? You haven't read the issue in question. This is the page before he stops the blitz:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos12p14.jpg

How far away does that look to you? 20 ft? 50? And Fallen One has trans-light speed, just like Surfer.

Wrong. This fight starts half a kilometer apart, per FMC rules. Much further away than Thanos was against Fallen One.

Read what was typed out to you here. Think about it rationally. And come up with a response worth my time and not filled with fanboy nonsense. If the Team wins, it's going to be due to prep. Not because Superman solos him.

I did get a woody I must admit

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Juntai
It's weird, sometimes he's on the ball, and other times im not sure what happens. lol.

This is a joke right? If by sometimes he's on the ball you mean it rarely ever happens... then yes. I'm just not sure how you can make this statement when we're talking about H1a8

quanchi112
H1 why don't you name some of the strength feats which prove Superman's superiority in terms of strength.

iceman24567
Grodd is not even in Martian Manhunter level, let alone Thanos Dumb statement MM has way better telepathy feats than Thanos.

quanchi112
Dumb statement MM has way better telepathy feats than Thanos. Such as?

iceman24567
Such as? As if it matter Thanos wins in your mind anyways why would i waste me time no expression.

quanchi112
As if it matter Thanos wins in your mind anyways why would i waste me time no expression. Thanos has defeated Moondragon in a mind war which proves he is up there. Now tell me who MM has beaten.

iceman24567
Thanos has defeated Moondragon in a mind war which proves he is up there. Now tell me who MM has beaten. I don't have to do anything like i said it's pointless you have a one track mind and your a troll.

quanchi112
I don't have to do anything like i said it's pointless you have a one track mind and your a troll. No, it's you who trolls. You constantly whine about having to give evidence when you have none. I just gave you an example while you can't even name one. I knew it.

iceman24567
No, it's you who trolls. You constantly whine about having to give evidence when you have none. I just gave you an example while you can't even name one. I knew it. If i am the troll why have i been warned all of 2 times ever? If im the troll why have i never been banned? No sir you are the troll i have scans to back up my claims so not only are you a troll but your a liar continue until your banned again i don't care just because i don't want to give examples your crying please report me if thats trolling eek! . The team for the majority by the way.

Warlord
Dumb statement MM has way better telepathy feats than Thanos.

I was comparing Grodd to MM and Thanos has never been affected by Telepathy MM won't do any good.

The only dumb thing here is you trying to turn a debate over Superman's resistance to telepathy to a debate of whether Thanos has better TP feats than MM.

iceman24567
I was comparing Grodd to MM and Thanos has never been affected by Telepathy MM won't do any good.

The only dumb thing here is you trying to turn a debate over Superman's resistance to telepathy to a debate of whether Thanos has better TP feats than MM. No you implied that MM's telepathy was under Thanos level telepathy i called bulllshit on it if you have a problem with it you sholdn't have made that implication. Yes you were comparing Grodd to MM using Thanos as a template or i am just imagining things again eek!

Warlord
No you implied that MM's telepathy was under Thanos level telepathy i called bulllshit on it if you have a problem with it you sholdn't have made that implication. Yes you were comparing Grodd to MM using Thanos as a template or i am just imagining things again eek!

what's with the attitude pal. can't you just talk?
don't take it too personal it's supposed to be about fun.
and the bottom line is: Thanos have never been affected by telepathy, Superman has. Thanos can take him out via telepathy. Martian Manhunter can't do it to Thanos

end of dtory

Philosophía
Superman on his lonesome, at full capacity, would be able to go toe to toe with Thanos. Superman's natural resistence to telepathy, coupled with Martian Manhunter's already superior telepathy would completly nullify Thanos's attempts at mind attacks.

And since everybody seems to be going all "Thanos puts up shields and uses telepathy from the get-go" tactics, then Martian Manhunter drags Thanos to the mental plane, similar to how he did with the Justice League and Spectre when he dragged them into Joker's mind, while Orion and Superman beat into submission his body.

iceman24567
what's with the attitude pal. can't you just talk?
don't take it too personal it's supposed to be about fun.
and the bottom line is: Thanos have never been affected by telepathy, Superman has. Thanos can take him out via telepathy. Martian Manhunter can't do it to Thanos

end of dtory Oh god Thanos is not taking Superman out with tp past feats support this statement pal try something new. Plus i never said MM could take Thanos out with tp you came up with that crap all by yourself and Thanos has been a affected by tp end of story thumb up

Warlord
Oh god Thanos is not taking Superman out with tp past feats support this statement pal try something new. Plus i never said MM could take Thanos out with tp you came up with that crap all by yourself and Thanos has been a affected by tp end of story thumb up

Superman resisting every TP attack comics could offer is just bulshit since he has been mindblasted before.
Now can I see Thanos affected by tp please?

quanchi112
If i am the troll why have i been warned all of 2 times ever? If im the troll why have i never been banned? No sir you are the troll i have scans to back up my claims so not only are you a troll but your a liar continue until your banned again i don't care just because i don't want to give examples your crying please report me if thats trolling eek! . The team for the majority by the way. laughing out loud Again, I have proved my point by Thanos defeating a proven telepath. You didn't prove anything.

iceman24567
Superman resisting every TP attack comics could offer is just bulshit since he has been mindblasted before.
Now can I see Thanos affected by tp please? Check out Thanos trying to pwn Galactus via tp the result had a lasting affect on Thanos I'm sure. You make seem as though Thanos is the most uber telepathy in comics. Even the best telepaths can be affected by tp.

Warlord
Oh com on now...the big G is on a whole other level.
MM could never affect Thanos this way

KuRuPT Thanosi

iceman24567
laughing out loud Again, I have proved my point by Thanos defeating a proven telepath. You didn't prove anything. I have proven you are a troll and that i don't have to please you by answering your vague and pointless questions thats enough for me if you have a problem with it too bad laughing

quanchi112

quanchi112
I have proven you are a troll and that i don't have to please you by answering your vague and pointless questions thats enough for me if you have a problem with it too bad laughing It has to do with the topic. I gave an example while you couldn't. Just pointing out the obvious. Back on topic please. Don't respond to me personally anymore.

Juntai

iceman24567
Oh com on now...the big G is on a whole other level.
MM could never affect Thanos this way Point being Thanos was affected isn't that what you asked for?

Warlord
Point being Thanos was affected isn't that what you asked for?

Still in this fight it won't do any good since none of them is in the TP level of Galactus

quanchi112
Still in this fight it won't do any good since none of them is in the TP level of Galactus Agreed. No one on this team could affect Thanos with their tp.

iceman24567
It has to do with the topic. I gave an example while you couldn't. Just pointing out the obvious. Back on topic please. Don't respond to me personally anymore. Yeah it does but i don't need to answer you i was debating with somebody not you your example wasn't asked for or needed so who cares? Just pointing out the obvious i rarely respond to you maybe you should do the same the ignore feature does wonders yeah back on topic the team wins via ground and pound.

iceman24567
Still in this fight it won't do any good since none of them is in the TP level of Galactus Ok show me one time i made the claim anybody would affect him via tp?

quanchi112
Yeah it does but i don't need to answer you i was debating with somebody not you your example wasn't asked for or needed so who cares? Just pointing out the obvious i rarely respond to you maybe you should do the same the ignore feature does wonders yeah back on topic the team wins via ground and pound. You are responding to me. I want this to be about the topic. I named someone who is a great telepath that Thanos pwned in battle. Name someone who MM has beaten who is a proven telepath.

How do they ground and pound with his shields up?

Warlord
Ok show me one time i made the claim anybody would affect him via tp?

smile
That's confusing....
Since you agree that no one would affect him with TP and since we can't ignore the fact that these guys have been before (even if supes has strong resistance Orion hasn't - maxima has done it before) then don't we kinda agree that he could use it against them?

not a definite win move but a possible one

iceman24567
You are responding to me. I want this to be about the topic. I named someone who is a great telepath that Thanos pwned in battle. Name someone who MM has beaten who is a proven telepath.

How do they ground and pound with his shields up? Yeah im responding to you whats your point? How many times do i have to tell you i don't have to or want to why don't you understand that? I don't want to even go there with your shields argument you act as if Thanos has never been physically hit shields or no shields.

iceman24567
smile
That's confusing....
Since you agree that no one would affect him with TP and since we can't ignore the fact that these guys have been before (even if supes has strong resistance Orion hasn't - maxima has done it before) then don't we kinda agree that he could use it against them?

not a definite win move but a possible one Orion does have natural resistance to tp plus MM is there to provide extra protection unless he dies quickly or first.

Warlord
Orion does have natural resistance to tp plus MM is there to provide extra protection unless he dies quickly or first.

I know but then again if Maxima can do it effortlessly, Thanos could do it also....
There can be different scenarios...
Oh well never mind this would go forever, let's agree to disagree.

Juntai
I know but then again if Maxima can do it effortlessly, Thanos could do it also....
In what? 1992?

For those times that someone says a character is going to mindrape Superman... Here's a few examples..

1) Brainiac 13: B 13 threw the fear of Earth's entire population into Superman's head -- Superman broke free of the attack within a panel or so. (Superman: Endgame TPB)

2) Despero: Despero had taken control of most of the JLA. He overtook bother Aquaman and J'onn Jonzz at the same time, but could not take Superman at all. (Pre-IC JLA issue)

3) Union: Union was the sum of billions of beings' mental strengths. He attacked Superman and Superman shrugged off his attack within a few panels and then beat down Union. (Superman in exile arc)

4) Neron: While in Hell, Neron attacked Superman's mind; Superman overcame it within a few panels. (Tie in to the Day of Judgment arc)

5) J'onn J'onzz: Superman throws J'onn J'onzz out of Superman's head. (Superman: King of the World). Mere contact with Superman's mind sends J'onn for a loop. (Superman: Where is Thy Sting) J'onn Jonzz states that his telepathy can not detect Superman if Superman does not wish to be detected.

6) Manchester Black: Black, a telepath so strong that not even J'onn could overcome the protection Black placed around Lex Luthor, had Superman believe that Lois was dead and that Superman had killed Black. Superman saw through the ruse and overcame Black's telepathic illusions. (Ending Battle)

7) The Fatal Five: Superman is attacked by the telepath of the Fatal Five. He resists her attack, pushing it back on her and taking her out.

8) Eclipso: Superman allows Eclipso into his head and then forces Eclipso out, just to see if he is strong enough mentally to do so. He then explains that, over the years, he has built up "a resistance to telepathy."

Warlord
In what? 1992?

what?
it doesn't count?

Juntai
what?
it doesn't count? Actually probably would have been before 92..

In the sense that it happened, I suppose. But it's not really applicable to his current character. He's much stronger now, in every sense of the word.

I just gave you almost a dozen examples, all of them more recent.

Juntai
And most all of them more powerful than Maxima.

Warlord
Sorry but weren't these examples about Superman?
I mentioned Maxima on Orion's case

quanchi112
Yeah im responding to you whats your point? How many times do i have to tell you i don't have to or want to why don't you understand that? I don't want to even go there with your shields argument you act as if Thanos has never been physically hit shields or no shields. Even without his shields Thor with the power gem really couldn't even phase him. These guys lack the power with or without the shields. smile

iceman24567
Even without his shields Thor with the power gem really couldn't even phase him. These guys lack the power with or without the shields. smile Thor would have eventually won and so would these guys smile

Enyalus
Dumb statement MM has way better telepathy feats than Thanos.
No you implied that MM's telepathy was under Thanos level telepathy i called bulllshit on it if you have a problem with it you sholdn't have made that implication. Yes you were comparing Grodd to MM using Thanos as a template or i am just imagining things again eek!
Thanos has beaten Moondragon amped by the Mind Gem effortlessly, nearly gotten the better of Galactus in their astral plane duel, and his telepathy is powerful enough to alter reality (similar to T-Vo, but if Avlon is reliable, beneath it in scope.) MM does not have superior telepathy where Thanos is concerned.
Ok show me one time i made the claim anybody would affect him via tp?
If you're aware that Manhunter's TP is going to be a non-factor, then why bring it up?

However, if you've noticed my arguments, I've not mentioned anything about Thanos mindraping any members of the team because I am aware J'onn's a powerful psychic in his own right, and I don't believe Thanos would be able to affect him So, just 'cause I'm defending Thanos' psychic power here, don't mistake me for implying something I'm not.

(Just want to clear this up.)
Thor would have eventually won and so would these guys smile
If you look at the fight, Thanos not only hits him more times than Thor strikes Thanos, but he also puts him on the ground or sends him flying more than Thor does to Thanos. Thanos was winning that fight. Would he have lost eventually? Definitely.

I just want to point out that he held the advantage before 'tiring' of his opponent.

iceman24567
Thanos has beaten Moondragon amped by the Mind Gem effortlessly, nearly gotten the better of Galactus in their astral plane duel, and his telepathy is powerful enough to alter reality (similar to T-Vo, but if Avlon is reliable, beneath it in scope.) MM does not have superior telepathy where Thanos is concerned.

If you're aware that Manhunter's TP is going to be a non-factor, then why bring it up?

However, if you've noticed my arguments, I've not mentioned anything about Thanos mindraping any members of the team because I am aware J'onn's a powerful psychic in his own right, and I don't believe Thanos would be able to affect him So, just 'cause I'm defending Thanos' psychic power here, don't mistake me for implying something I'm not.

(Just want to clear this up.)

If you look at the fight, Thanos not only hits him more times than Thor strikes Thanos, but he also puts him on the ground or sends him flying more than Thor does to Thanos. Thanos was winning that fight. Would he have lost eventually? Definitely.

I just want to point out that he held the advantage before 'tiring' of his opponent. The MoonDragon feat thumb up i give him kudos but seriously he was like an insect to Galactus once he realized that Thanos was scum laughing

Enyalus
but seriously he was like an insect to Galactus once he realized that Thanos was scum laughing

lol, it wasn't that bad. Thanos was doing damn well...until Galactus realized what he was up to. Says a lot about subtlety.

Aztec123
Superman alone is a match for Thanos. Furthermore, if prep is involve wouldn't that mean that Orion has access to his mother box, superman can sundip and have access to both jla and kryptonian tech (phantom zone). John isn't even needed, as ussual. cool

Mindset
Originally posted by Aztec123
Superman alone is a match for Thanos. About as much as SS is.

Aztec123
About as much as SS is.

Surfer is no Superman. wink

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Aztec123
Surfer is no Superman. wink

Yeah, Surfer's better. wink

Warlord
Someone has to bring this up. If thanos can take blasts from an angry Odin and Surfer simultaneously and stand then how Orion and Superman can do better?

Mindset
Someone has to bring this up. If thanos can take blasts from an angry Odin and Surfer simultaneously and stand then how Orion and Superman can do better? He didn't take a blast from SS and Odin at the same time, that was Odin who took a blast from Thanos and SS.

Warlord
He didn't take a blast from SS and Odin at the same time, that was Odin who took a blast from Thanos and SS.

AH YES YOU'RE RIGHT....sorry guys... my bad...
still taking blows from Odin puts his durability on a very high level

Avlon

quanchi112
Thor would have eventually won and so would these guys smile Thor couldn't be put down physically. Thanos knew it and chose to exchange blows with him for fun. That's how badass he is. He can take on a top tier wrecker with no chance of winning because of the power gem and still only come out of it with a bloody nose.

quanchi112
thumb up Let's add to that Martian Manhunter Mageddon feat and Superman's Dominus feats and Thanos is once again looking like the overrated villain that he is.

thumb up Well said. There was a thread out there where I went into a scanfest with Supes and Thanos and the outcome on the Thanos side was almost laughably bad in comparison.

It's hilarious how a guy with a 75+ thread of insane feats and a history of defeating practically anyone thrown at him always has to be made a case for on these boards. What does Dominus have to do with Thanos here?

Yeah, if we had a scan off with Thanos and Superman you'd see me put up a ton of scans showing Superman struggle with top tiers and go down to far less than Thanos.

Superman can't beat anyone. He is the hero and usually pulls through in the end, but what hero doesn't. Thor has higher feats than Superman and he can't beat Thanos.

Avlon
What does Dominus have to do with Thanos here?

What do galactus and odin have to do with this thread? See how easy that was?

Yeah, if we had a scan off with Thanos and Superman you'd see me put up a ton of scans showing Superman struggle with top tiers and go down to far less than Thanos.

Sorry your boy doesn't sell enough to be in more than 12 comics vs supermans 10000 comics..lol

High feats though, Supes eats Thanos alive.

Superman can't beat anyone. He is the hero and usually pulls through in the end, but what hero doesn't. Thor has higher feats than Superman and he can't beat Thanos.

Debatable, and Thor has nothing to do with this thread. Plus, you admitted Superman wins. smile

Unnatural-POWER
Team wins, convincingly!

manx422
SPITE

Warlord
Superman for the ownage
GO SUPES!!!!!
LOL

carver9
I can honestly see thanos almost one shotting everyone on dc side besides orion and orion wouldnt last that long.

What could this team accomplish that odin, surfer, nor galactus couldnt do, take thanos out of the fight. This is a powerful team but they are still under the level of thanos. I dont understand why people put top tiers against power houses like thanos when thanos on occasion has one shotted nothing but top tiers.

I could bring up 500 on panel reasons on why superman and the martian would get one shotted and I could bring up a couple of reasons on how orion could EASILY get taken out of the fight.

quanchi112
What do galactus and odin have to do with this thread? See how easy that was?

Sorry your boy doesn't sell enough to be in more than 12 comics vs supermans 10000 comics..lol

High feats though, Supes eats Thanos alive.

Debatable, and Thor has nothing to do with this thread. Plus, you admitted Superman wins. smile Did Superman beat Dominus straight up or were there special circumstances involved?

He doesn't need to have over 12,000 comics. That's overkill imo.

Not at all. High Feats, low feats, and way you look at him Thanos is on a much higher level.

The point is your reasoning has to do with the hero winning while you want to ignore the times Superman has needed aid or simply lost. smile

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>