"God" like Cable V's Organised Religion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
Can Cable really claim to be "God" like throughout a debate with the religious leaders of the world......... i know this isn't exactly a versus thread but with people throwing around the word "God" so often in comics i want to know just how "God like" they believe their characters to actually be....... and i'll even listen to the opinions of you fans..... for the most part

homer

kgkg
Originally posted by Scoobless
Can Cable really claim to be "God" like throughout a debate with the religious leaders of the world......... i know this isn't exactly a versus thread but with people throwing around the word "God" so often in comics i want to know just how "God like" they believe their characters to actually be....... and i'll even listen to the opinions of you fans..... for the most part

homer

we could call him demi GOD lol.

He got his ask kicked by surfer so did Thor and this a GOd.

so i guess he can keep that name , as long as everyone on earth fears his ass.

demigawd
I could be the second coming of Jesus, with all the powers of Jesus, but if I existed in the Marvel Universe, where people have all kinds of powers, it would be impossible to know - so you're automatically going to deny it. Jesus really could re-appear in the Marvel Universe, and nobody would believe him, saying he's just a shape-shifting mutant psi trying to trick them. So Cable could never convince them that he's God. Not even God could, frankly.

Scoobless
that's only a workable analogy if you believe Jesus is the son of God

God would never try to convince anyone he was God.... if anyone did try it most people wouldn't believe him........ which is a bit of a catch 22.... people want proof that there is a God but if they were given proof they would deny it

demigawd
That's exactly what I'm saying, though - whether you do or don't believe in God or that Jesus is the son of God doesn't matter - you'll reject the evidence in a supernatural world like the Marvel Universe. Most people would probably reject the evidence in the regular world too. I'd have to be pretty convinced that it isn't some Right-wing government trick to get me to convert. So Cable could never convince them of anything like that.

Tron
Moving

Paola
closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.