The birth of the twins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bigsef3
I found this Report at Episode-X.com

In the previous article, we reported that Padme's injuries, at the hand of an enraged Anakin, cause the ship she, Bail, Obi-Wan, and Yoda are on to land in order to save her babies. They land on a new world where the twins are born, and Padme finally succombs to her injuries. Today, we learn that Padme does not just die, but that she dies in the arms of a saddened Obi-Wan, much like Shmi Skywalker died in her son's arms in Attack of the Clones. LS describes it as a "really intense scene." The parallel with Episode II is interesting: just as Anakin cradles his dying mother and vows to never let such a thing happened again, so too does Obi-Wan cradle Anakin's wife, dying at her husband's hand.

My question is, how in the world is padme better of delivering the baby on a planet than on a spaceship? Why land for her to deliver her baby?

Swordfish2k0
Mega cool Bigsef!! Interesting why they would land though perhaps no-one on the ship could deliver the babies!

Shadowkiller
Mybe there is no medical equipment on the ship if that is the case.

yerssot
perhaps the ship is near to explode?

bigsef3
I suppose the idea could be they land on a planet with medical facilities, but my interpretation of the spoiler makes me think, they just land on a planet in the woods, she has the babies, and they fly off. DUMB.

bigsef3
i was thinking GL is trying to MAKE his story fit whatever visual effects he wants to incorporate... like he wanted the twins to be born with a sunrise or sunset in the background, so he comes up with some stupid reason for them to have to land the ship on a planet for the birth, when there is no logical reason to do so.

Shadowkiller
The ship could indeed be about to explode that is logical as well.

amity75
Is it a Caesaerian birth? Perhaps Obi-Wan could use his lightsabre on Padmes abdomen in the same way Han used Lukes lightsabre on a tauntaun in TESB. It would be a nice parrallel.

Shadowkiller
Great idea.. Maybe she dies and he has to cut the twins out so they dont die

Altar[1stONE]
what if its dagabah that they are born on. And that would explain lukes " I dont know , theres something familiar about this place". And perhaps yoda will just stay there and something might happen to get the darkside in the cave . Maybe yoda drains the dark side out of padmes wounds and drives into the cave who knows.

Darth Jello
it's not cesarian, supposedly to fit Leia's story in ROJ, Padme cradles and says something to Leia but loses consiousness as Luke is delivered. she dies shortly after that.

Julie
so leia's older

Darth Jello
by a couple of minutes, i think it shows. Luke is pretty callow.

Shadowkiller
dam i wish it was may 2005

Swordfish2k0
Yeah that idea works for me Jello, curious as to which planet they will be born on though

Lyn
*chokes from lack of air*

Oh My God!!! This is REALLY...woah... sad confused

pondster
Hey all, this pic shows quite a bit -

If you havn't seen it, Iv'e attached it. It shows Chewie with Padme holding a baby Leia (as the site said) with Obi 1. She is much alive and NOT on a crashed ship.

Mr.Deflok
It also looks fake.

yerssot
pondster, that's a fanpic

Red Superfly
Three things wrong with that shot:

a) Chewbacca - The sharp lines around him do not match with Obi-Wans more burred edge. Plus it's an old picture of him that is on a poster I have.

b) It's not even her.

c) That's Ep.2 Obi Wan. The Ep.3 Obi-Wan has shorter neater hair and a goatee. He looks more like Alec Guiness in this new one.

FAKE!

kittypuff
I am wondering, I do not get to read these posts all the time...on this site, and don't get to wanderthe internet in search of information regarding plot lines in episode III, so I am wondering....

Why is everyone so convinced that Padme dies at Anakin's hand, and that she dies shortly after the birth of the twins? I only ask becuase I keep seeing that written, but other than fan postulation, see no real evidence of such. Where does this idea come from?

thanks bunches!

sithsaber408
and they all happen to be standing in the jedi temple room from the end of ep2.

Lyn
I'd answer you kittypuff...but I just get all my info from the posters here so...I wouldn't be much help. I only know that I'm not too keen on the idea.

Darth Jello
most of us get this stuff from sites that have been very accurate with plot details from the previous two films. the best probably being shadow of the sith. (www.thetrukstop.com/starwars) they actually have a project where they create a plot outline and cast list based on comments from hundreds of individuals and websites using a message board to sort out the crap. lately it hasn't been updated much but I guarentee that their outline is very close to the actual product.

Shadowkiller
thanks for pionting out that site now i know my star wars name

Lyn
I can't remember mine...confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.