Snatch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vagaryatwill
A friend of mine and I were having a discussion about the movie Snatch last night. I thought is was a great movie, especially after watching it a second time. This friend of mine couldn't get into it and just doesn't like it. I thought the characters in the movie were hilarious and the storyline was great. I think maybe she just doesn't get (or prefer) the humor...

Anybody?

Corran
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10762&highlight=SNATCH

Myth
She must just have bad taste in movies. big grin

roundisfunny
It's a chick thing. They tend to hate Tarantino movies, too. I think many of them are so offended by the word "snatch" (as a euphemism for vagina) that they refuse to examine it further. Plus, the movie uses the c-word at least a couple of times, which doesn't help. Maybe if you played the soundtrack of "Under the Tuscan Sun" and lit some votive candles, she would be able to sit through it.

Tired Hiker
That is soooo true, except for some of the ladies on KMC, there are quite a few female QT fans here, like Bkk, Silvs, Lil B .. . . And since he made the best "Ladies kicking asss movie" ever, Kill Bill, he is sure to be gaining more female fans by the second! But yeah, other than that, totally dude, totally. yes

roundisfunny
Absolutely. I almost threw in a disclaimer for all of the lady fans on the board, but they know who they are. Aw, yeah.

Tired Hiker
Oh, this is about Snatch, right. Great flick and I cannot stress how awesome the DVD Special Features are. They show how they made that sequence where Brad Pitt gets knocked the *uck out, where he flies through the air in slow mo and lands in water, it's super sweet.

roundisfunny
Yeah...a friend noticed (where I didn't, shame, shame) that the Pikey's friend with the curly mullet was the guy who played Tom (Fat man) in Guy Ritchie's previous film, "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" (which is another classic).

In looking him up on the IMDb just now, I read that he has been in a TON of movies. He was Dr. Jeckyll/Mr. Hyde in "LXG", and was also the guy who got replaced by Marky Mark in "Rock Star".

Tired Hiker
No shi*t! That is cool, I never would have noticed and I've seen all those movies. That's like Alan Cumming, actors that can do that are bomb.

Cinemaddiction
I though "Lock, Stock" was boring. Of course, I saw it AFTER I bought the highly superior "Snatch".

Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde aka "Bobby Beers" of Steel Dragon is Jason Flemyng. I knew he looked familair. That said, "Rock Star" is one of my favorite movies of all time, and sorely underrated.

"Yeah, but Elvis was the King.."
"..and I'm just the Queen. Har bloody har. Bastards. You bastards."

*tosses wig*

Yep, seen it a few times. cool

Myth
I liked Lock, Stock more. Snatch is funnier but I loved the action scenes more in Lock Stock. That pellet gun scene was funny as hell and it is just great when the girl that is unconcious the whole movie wakes up and shoots that huge gun in slow mo. I want to watch both movies again now that I'm thinking of it. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.