Thanos vs....YOU

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

demigawd
So Thanos discovers a way to break the fourth wall and realizes he's a comic book. He runs into you and, because he's bored, comes up with a bet. He challenges you to put together a team of up to five HEROES (HEROES!!) below skyfather level from any non-anime comic universe. Give him the list, a stack of comics about each character and give him a MONTH to prepare. He'll then engage that team in battle.

Thanos is so confident in his prep abilities that he believes that no one can beat him when he plans it out. Is there some combination of five heroes anywhere in the universe who Thanos can't beat even with prep? Thanos doesn't think so...can you prove him wrong?

Thanos supporters - feel free to shoot down any teams people come up with, using ways Thanos might prepare for them.

DigiMark007
below skyfather?

demigawd
Yup. So no one at or beyond Odin's level. But you get five of them! Impossible?

DarkDethbringer
how about Hulk,SilverSurfer,Thor,IronMan,and Doop... They could win easy!

DarkDethbringer
and remember doop has every stat at 10 or more! and SilverSurfer and Hulk have strength at 10!

Scoobless
ok......

Nate Grey
Mr Majestic
Dr Strange
Sentry
Flash

i didn't pick the Surfer because he is always involved in these fights and i want to see one without him

DarkDethbringer
I really don't know who some of those are.... but maybe I should have had Doc Strange on my team...

DigiMark007
OK...cool thread. I'll give it a shot.

King Thor
Hulk
Adam Warlock (hero?)
Silver Surfer
Dr. Strange

I thought about including Gladiator , but the versatility of Doc Strange was too enticing...good luck prepping for him, even with a month and a stack of comics. Warlock and Thanos, if I remember correctly, were friends at one point...so if I can't pick him then Gladiator is my alternate. Also, if any of these guys are considered above Odin (don't think so, but maybe) then Iron Man in his ThorBuster armor is my next alternate.

-DM

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
ok......

Nate Grey
Mr Majestic
Dr Strange
Sentry
Flash

i didn't pick the Surfer because he is always involved in these fights and i want to see one without him

Wouldn't Sentry be considered to be above Odin?...and thus emilinated from choosing him?

But I forgot to include any DC heroes...nice touch.

-DM

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Wouldn't Sentry be considered to be above Odin?...and thus emilinated from choosing him?

But I forgot to include any DC heroes...nice touch.

-DM

i don't know if Sentry is at Highfather level....... but King Thor is so you have to lose him..... if i have to lose Sentry then i'll replace him with........ um.........hmmm........ Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

so that's

Nate Grey
Mr Majestic
Dr Strange
Green Lantern (Jordan)
Flash (West)

DigiMark007
Cool. Already had my alternate ready. New team...

Hulk, Surfer, Strange, Warlock, and Captain Marvel (i.e. Shazam). First alternate Gladiator.

Not sure who I'd pick in a fight between my team and Thanos, but that's about the best I can do.

-DM
P.S. Superman Prime...above or below Skyfather?

jinzin
team one:
franklin richards
nate grey
pheonix
adam warlock
dr. strange

team two:
Ghost rider
Doomsday (from gog timeline where he WAS a hero)
dr strangefate (from any comic universe right?)
darkclaw
franklin richards

that's all I got for right now.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by jinzin
team one:
franklin richards
nate grey
pheonix
adam warlock
dr. strange

team two:
Ghost rider
Doomsday (from gog timeline where he WAS a hero)
dr strangefate (from any comic universe right?)
darkclaw
franklin richards

that's all I got for right now.

Hate to play the bringer of bad news, but since the rules of the thread are no one above Odin, both Pheonix and Franklin would have to go. Either one, at full strength, would take the fight by themselves.

demigawd
I'll play devil's advocate on behalf of Thanos.

Here are my observations so far:

Thor, Hulk, Surfer, Warlock, Nate Grey and Iron Man would all be bad choices against a Thanos with a month of prep.

Thanos knows Thor, Surfer and Warlock too well - he knows their strengths, weaknesses, battle strategies intimately - they'd go down quickly against a Thanos with prep.

Nate Grey, even though he's powerful, is fairly one-dimensional - he's a psionic. You don't think Thanos can build a psionic disruptor in one month? Or something to turn off the mutant gene? Lots of devices just like that are floating all over the Marvel Universe.

Hulk is gamma powered - Thanos can easily use his own power to siphon away his gamma radiation and turn him back into Banner. Surfer does it all the time. Or, barring that, could just build a gamma device to siphon the power off of him.

Iron Man is still vulnerable to EMPs - Thanos could build one or generate it himself.

Gladiator is still vulnerable to radiation, and he's mentally weak. Those are easily exploited with a month of prep. Thanos could go Hannibal Lecter on him and make him doubt himself easily, or just blast him with radiation.

You'd probably have to select more versatile characters, characters who don't have an easily-exploitable weakness, or...characters who don't have many comic appearances (since that's how he's doing his research).

Scoobless
Hate to play the bringer of bad news, but since the rules of the thread are no one above Odin, both Pheonix and Franklin would have to go. Either one, at full strength, would take the fight by themselves.

i would agree....... and Superman Prime is WAY above Highfather level

demigawd
Right - remember they have to be below Skyfather level. Doomsday, if you want to exploit that hero loophole, would actually be a pretty good option. So would magic users, since it's difficult to counter easily.

Green Lantern...hmmm....are they still vulnerable to yellow? If so, Thanos is going to know and prepare.

Swanky-Tuna
Am I allowed to pick 5 Thanoses?

demigawd
Ghost Rider would be an interesting option, since it's unknown what effect the Penance Stare would have on Thanos. But would he have time and the ability to do it if Thanos knows about it and has prepared? That's all GR has going for him...if he can't do it (and I think eye contact has to be made), then Thanos is going to take him out, and GR doesn't have any other really good powers to fall back on.

demigawd
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Am I allowed to pick 5 Thanoses?

lol. No.

Scoobless
Originally posted by demigawd
Nate Grey, even though he's powerful, is fairly one-dimensional - he's a psionic. You don't think Thanos can build a psionic disruptor in one month? Or something to turn off the mutant gene? Lots of devices just like that are floating all over the Marvel Universe.

Perhaps, but i've got Majestic and Lantern who could destroy any devices that Thanos has putting Nate back into the fight

You'd probably have to select more versatile characters, characters who don't have an easily-exploitable weakness, or...characters who don't have many comic appearances (since that's how he's doing his research).

if he's just researching through MY comics he won't find anything on Majestic and he wont have thee most up to date details on GL and Flash..... he may be surprised to find out nate is fighting him while dead though............. but all of that wouldn't matter if he folded or dog-eared any of the issues....... i'd kill him myself....... evil face

jinzin
well I'm thinking strage can teleport him,,,or maybe just his head infront of thanos and BAM.

okay revised team 1:
dr. strange
adam warlock
nate grey
symbiotic spiderman
and Hulk or silver surfer

Okay revised team two:
Dr. strangefate
Ghost rider
Heroic Doomsday
Darkclaw
Doom 2099 (if one wants to consider him a hero of sorts)...if not.....than silver surfer...or captain universe.

new team 3: team amalgam
Darkclaw
dr. strangefate
whatever the name of the amalgam between martain manhunter and gean grey
super soldier
and iron lantern

team 4: the "good" bad guys.
Heroic Doomsday
dr. doom (at times and by circumstances he could be considered)
deadpool
venom (after "eating carnage"wink
adam warlock.

jinzin
one last one:

Amazo
dr. fate
etrigan
superman
dr. strange.

demigawd
Perhaps, but i've got Majestic and Lantern who could destroy any devices that Thanos has putting Nate back into the fight

A good point - there's something to be said for teamwork in many of these cases. How well will these teams, without prep, work together? If Thanos knows about these teams in advance, he's probably come up with an order of beating them too. Let's take a look at your team, Scoobless, and I'll play Thanos:

Nate Grey
Mr Majestic
Dr Strange
Green Lantern (Jordan)
Flash (West)

The most immediate threat would be Dr. Strange, so he'd be the person I'd take out first, before he got too fancy with his spells. I also know him the best. During my month of prep time, I could probably strike up some deal with the Vishanti, perhaps in exchange for some Infinity gems or something, so that they'd deny Strange help. When the fight starts, I could immediately attack Strange, who is shocked to discover that much of his magic is no longer working. Strange, being a human, couldn't withstand more than one attack from Thanos. During that time, I'd target Nate Grey, who isn't THAT much of a power threat, but his telepathic ability is keeping me from mind-blasting everybody else. I'd activate the psi-blocker that I have in my gauntlet, turning Nate's psionic power off. I'd then mind-blast the rest of the group, which would take out Nate, Flash and probably Majestic (I hear Hal can block telepathy). That just leaves me and Hal, who would go down swinging, but just doesn't have enough power to take me, as I beat him to death with one of those yellow little league bats.

jinzin
i lied....on more
team vengeance.
Ghost rider blaze
Ghost rider dan
Ghost rider 2099
Vengeance
speed demon

demigawd
okay revised team 1:
dr. strange
adam warlock
nate grey
symbiotic spiderman
and Hulk or silver surfer

I think Strange is a good option - it causes a lot of problems for Thanos if he doesn't take him down fast. I don't see how the others could take out a Thanos with prep. Nate is vulnerable to psi blockers, he knows Warlock waaaay too well, Spiderman is....Spiderman, and he's beaten Hulk and Surfer without prep.

Ghost Rider is also a pretty good option, but he has that one hail mary attack. He'd be better served being teamed with people who could set Thanos up for the coup de grace by Ghost Rider. Dr. Strangefate is also a good option for the same reason Strange was before. Heroic Doomsday is plenty powerful. I don't know anything about Darkclaw or Doom 2099, but so far, this team actually looks pretty good.

The cool thing about these amalgams is the fact that there aren't very many comics with them, limiting Thanos' prep time. Good thinking.

Not enough power here - Doomsday is the only real threat. Everyone else Thanos could run through even without prep.

jinzin
in revised team 1 spiderman and the hulk or surfer are basically meat sheilds and are there to distract thanos while their more powerful counterparts go to work on him

same with the baddie team.

Scoobless
Nate Grey
Mr Majestic
Dr Strange
Green Lantern (Jordan)
Flash (West)

The most immediate threat would be Dr. Strange

this may be a mistake on your (Thanos') part Flash can reach him instantly and perform an "infinite mass" attack and Majestic is raw power with a millenia of training and no weak morality to hold him back..... he and the Flash would be the most immediate threats....... probably

I'd target Nate Grey, who isn't THAT much of a power threat, but his telepathic ability is keeping me from mind-blasting everybody else.

Nate Grey's TK shield was only ever broken twice...... once by an enemy using his own power against him and once by the Hulk after a lot of hits and time to get worked up....... actually Thanos was in that story...... Nate used his power to create "psi-armour" for himself which let him stand up to the Hulk in a physical fight..... he later gave the Hulk psi-armour which amplified his strength a hell of a lot allowing him to beat down Thanos solo

I'd then mind-blast the rest of the group, which would take out Nate, Flash and probably Majestic (I hear Hal can block telepathy).

That just leaves me and Hal, who would go down swinging, but just doesn't have enough power to take me, as I beat him to death with one of those yellow little league bats.

Actually a GL can use his ring to defend his entire team against telepathic assaults..... GL (not sure which one) used this ability to protect the JLA against the White Martians

GL rings are no longer vulnerable to yellow

So GL and Nate can defend against mental assault..... if they take out the psi-blocking device Thanos has then Nate can amplify Majestic's strength by a hell of a lot and he could probably take out Thanos himself at that point

EDIT: Also... Majestic has a degree of resistance to mental attacks so a mind blast probably wouldn't lay him out

demigawd
Thanos would likely take out the most powerful ones first and ignore the rest. He's too smart for meat shields, lol.

jinzin
k... how about
captain universe.
cosmic spidey
speed demon
dr. strangefate
and burning godzilla

demigawd
this may be a mistake on your (Thanos') part Flash can reach him instantly and perform an "infinite mass" attack and Majestic is raw power with a millenia of training and no weak morality to hold him back..... he and the Flash would be the most immediate threats....... probably

I say it's Strange because of the nature of his power. Thanos have shields that can withstand a full attack by Galactus. With it up, Flash wouldn't be able to penetrate, and neither would Majestic. That gives him operating time. Strange, on the other hand, can do things that ignore the laws of physics entirely...including Thanos' shield. That's why he's the biggest threat. While Flash knocks himself out on Thanos' shield, Thanos will have time to deal with Strange, and then perhaps Majestic.

Nate has never faced energy projection the likes of Thanos before. Nate's shielding hasn't really, really been tested because he's generally stuck to earth foes. Thanos was able, in one blast, to completely shatter Quasar's shield. That's the same shield that the combined forces for Hulk, Hercules, Wolverine, the Fantastic Four and several Avengers were unable to dent. Nate's in the big leagues now. It becomes something of a non-issue though, with the psi-dampener that Thanos whipped up during his prep time.

I can see that. I never really specified whether the opposing team has any prep time or prior knowledge of Thanos, but to be fair, we'll assume they do. If so, then GL could protect him. The thing is - GL shields have been shattered far too often for me to believe that Thanos couldn't penetrate them. Thanos could physically shatter it, then psi-blast everybody.

Interesting, I didn't realize that. ok, I'll make a note of that.

It's a conceivable scenario in a no-prep situation. Thanos' device would likely not be kept someplace where they could just "destroy" it, though. GL shields aren't as strong as I think they should be, Majestic is something of a wild card, but I'm not sure it's enough to take down someone who could send Galactus flying.

My familiarity with Majestic is limited. What are some of his telepatic resistence feats?

demigawd
k... how about
captain universe.
cosmic spidey
speed demon
dr. strangefate
and burning godzilla

Hmm...would Captain Universe and Cosmic Spidey qualify? IMO they're at skyfather level.

Burning Godzilla?

Kento
Green Lantern (Kyle)
Heroic Doomsday
Dr. Strange
Dr. Strangefate.
Nate Grey.

demigawd
Seems GL and Nate are popular choices. I can see how GL is deserving, but I still think Nate (or any mutant) is too much of a liability - their powers are shut down too easily by Earth scientists, much less someone like Thanos.

jinzin
i dunno if the cosmic guys are at skyfather's level. I'll wait for a second opinion.
burning godzilla, is godzilla when his body temp got too hot and he went on a melt down. He got soo bright no one could look directly at him and his power became so great no monster could stand up to him....period.....I don't know how thanos is going to easily ignore that hell of a meat sheild.

Scoobless
My familiarity with Majestic is limited. What are some of his telepatic resistence feats?

mine too........ i'm mostly aware of him through the tournament...... i don't have any of his comic appearances but he sounds pretty powerful

crazyspinz
cable (no virus)
proff X
magneto
gladiator
thor

(professuer X and magneto together make onlsaught, who owns)

demigawd
That team is too mutant heavy - you don't want to double up weaknesses on Thanos when he's preparing for you. All he'd have to do is build a mutant deactivation field, or steal one of the 10000000000000000000000000 mutant power dampening fields sitting in just about every scientist's office and Cable, Prof, Magneto are instantly out of the fight.

jinzin
OH CRAP! I totally forgot about a few of thanos' powers......even if he was losing this battle, he would start teleporting (blinking) people away and take them out one on one. How about we striken that ability from the playing feild since that is waaaaaaay too cheap.

Scoobless
ok then....Mutants = hinderance against Thanos, so i'm dropping Grey from the team and replacing him with Captain Marvel...... i think i'll also drop Flash for.......Superman

Mr Majestic
Dr Strange
Green Lantern (Jordan)
Captain Marvel (Genis Vell)
Superman

GL and Doc Strange can stay at a distance and protect each other and their team from mental assaults while using longer ranged attacks, they can also give Supes radiation protection incase Thanos gets hold of some kryptonite

So with Supes, Majestic and Marvel doing there thing on Thanos Strange and Lantern can cook something up to take him out permanently..... if he survives the assault

illadelph12
Martian Manhunter
Dr. Strange
Superman
Ghostrider
Dr. Manhattan. laughing

demigawd
I'd also say that Superman is a liability - Thanos could get his hands on kryptonite in a month. I think Strange is definitely good, as are GL and Genis. You don't really need Superman if you have Majestic, since it's a little redundant, and Majestic is more powerful anyway. The biggest problem with Hal and Strange is that they have human stats. They'd have to fight flawlessly - if their shields go down for a second, if their concentration breaks for a second, Thanos has them nailed. I'm sure Thanos would know that during his month of prep...that's a huge liability.

demigawd
Originally posted by illadelph12
Martian Manhunter
Dr. Strange
Superman
Ghostrider
Dr. Manhattan. laughing

Ahh...Manhunter. There's a good option and he could telepathically protect the team. BUT...Thanos would know about his weakness to fire....

Superman, still a liability because of the Kryptonite.

Ghostrider is valuable, but I don't think he'd be protected enough to be used as the final ace in the hole.

Strange is still good.

Dr. Manhattan...isn't he skyfather level???

Pepito
How about:

Dr Strange
Professor X (unparalyzed)
Drax the Destroyer
Silver Surfer
Magneto

demigawd
Prof and Mags are still both liabilities. You probably shouldn't use mutants here because of how many blocking devices are all over Marvel Earth. Thanos knows Drax and Surfer too well (BUT...that also means they know him well, too. Could that make the difference?)

DarkDethbringer
then i'd change Thor for Dr.Strange and for SS... Xorn-because he has an unstopably strong gravity blast!!!-and for IronMan GhostRider!!!

demigawd
Wait...so what does that make your team?

illadelph12
I thought Manhunter got over the fire thing?

And I'm not sure whether Manhattan would count as Skyfather level. He's the result of an atom smasher and strong will, so I'm not sure.

illadelph12
Hmm...

Dr. Strange
Dr. Fate
He-Man (Pre-Crisis appearance vs. Supes; Pre-C Supes was scared He-Man would kill him)
Manhunter
Firestorm

demigawd
Manhunter can handle "random" fires down. He's still weak against fires caused with hatred or passion. The writers sort of left that intentionally vague, so you COULD argue that Thanos is so emotionally detached that the fires he'd set to use against MM would have no effect. It's unclear.

demigawd
Hmm...I kinda like your new team, Ill. They could pull it off, though you could probably do better than He-Man. What's the deal with Firestorm? I'm pretty unfamiliar with him.

Scoobless
hmmm....... you could be right about Superman which is why i never included him in my first team, but i still don't want to use the Surfer...... ok....... once more.........ok, this may be stretching the "hero" part....... but he has saved the world so i'm picking Graviton..... (i feel i have to since he's the top guy on my tourny team)

Mr Majestic
Dr Strange
Captain Marvel
Green Lantern
Graviton

Nataku8188
Sue Richards
Mr Fantastic
Dr Doom
Dr Strange
Zero

Sue can create a forcefield of a caliber that can protect the other four whilst Zero ports them all away. Using his magic, Strange can mask their location whilst Doom and Reed create themselves some nice hardware. Once prepared they may return to the battlefield, where Doom shall move forward to engage Thanos. Having taken a blast from Thanos with the IG in his basic armor, I have no doubt he will be reinforced to the point where he can trade blows with Thanos for long enough for Reed to prepare his weapon. If Thanos decides to ignore Doom, he will have his powers removed much like SS has, or, barring that because of some protection, will be facing the wrath of whatever Doom has cooked up. Now, here's the best part, if at any point any of the combatants are in danger, Zero ports over, pulls em out, whilst Strange provides whatever nessecary support.

The idea is that Sue can provide cover for Reed to use whatever he can come up with (Nullifier anybody?), Doom can stand up to Thanos, Zero is our safety boy, and Strange can augment any of their roles with his magic.

If this team doesn't have a shot, I don't know many who do.

Nataku8188
Also note, there is no being anyone has stated with the sheer power to overcome Thanos without being over the maximum power limit.

illadelph12
Firestorm is a DC character. He's the combination of two people caught in a nuclear accident. He can fly, has super strength, control his density, and alter matter.

He-Man is the strongest man in the Universe and magic based. His power source is protected by the Masters of the Universe and The Sorceress, and that's his main weakness. He's like Supes minus light speed, Ice breath and special vision types, but plus a Magic Sword and magic sabre-toothed tiger. With Fate and Strange by his side, that's a lot of magical firepower.

illadelph12
I just peeped that is a Gundam sig nataku. Nice.

demigawd
Graviton and Doom are a little over the line of what I'd consider a hero. I could go with Magneto being a hero or Gladiator or even Firelord, but a hero is someone who does heroic things out of concern for mankind. Graviton and Doom have done heroic things out of convenience, not because they're heroes.

I like Nakatu's line of reasoning, though.

Scoobless
damnit.........lol............. ok

Mr Majestic
Dr Strange
Captain Marvel
Green Lantern
Thor

i feel i need more than 1 person to smack Thanos around to give Strange and Thor time to pool their magical powers and beat him for good, so Majestic, Lantern and Marvel can do that...... perhaps Thor can give Strange access to his hammers magic while he goes into the fight

demigawd
Can Thor do that?

Scoobless
i'm not sure........ maybe with Strange's help

Sentry
My five against Thanos huh? Sentry's out of the question because I think he's a bit powerful, so here are my five:

Adam Warlock
Dr. Strange
Genis Vell
Silver Surfer
Gilgamesh

demigawd
lol, ok ok,Scoob I'll give it to you. You picked a good team. No easily exploitable weaknesses, good balance of powers, good defenses against psi attacks, a good mix of strength, speed, energy projection...looks good.

The only flaw is that Thanos is extremely durable - I don't know whether these guys have the firepower necessary to put down Thanos. He took shots from Galactus, Odin, Beyonder, and Tyrant and kept coming. So now that you've picked a team that Thanos couldn't pick apart with easy weaknesses, how will they beat him?

demigawd
Originally posted by Sentry
My five against Thanos huh? Sentry's out of the question because I think he's a bit powerful, so here are my five:

Adam Warlock
Dr. Strange
Genis Vell
Silver Surfer
Gilgamesh

Yeah, Sentry wouldn't qualify. It would be a great one on one battle, though.

It seems that Strange and Genis are popular. The problem with this team is that it's pretty heavy with people Thanos knows really well. Thanos knows Surfer's personality, he knows his battle weaknesses. Ditty with Warlock. And I don't know if Genis and Gil have the raw power necessary to break Thanos' shields. How will your team put him down? The scenario is important. smile

Scoobless
how will they beat him?........ok...........hmmmm.............lol

ok...... Thanos would see Strange as a threat (as you stated earlier) so he would do a dimension slip, then come back in astral form, Majestic would brutally assault him backed up by marvel while Thor teleports to Asgard to get that belt that doubles his strength, comes back and starts laying into him (Thor has used the added strength from this belt to beat Thanos before) with GL protecting everyone and staying out of the immediate battle by zipping around at full speed, Majestic Thor and Marvel continue to hammer him......... which is probably enough to beat him in itself........ while Strange works up an energy sapping spell to draw off his power and make him more vulnerable

as soon as Thanos has been de-powered Thor claims victory, Hal strips him of all tech with a ring scan, they tell him they are going to throw him in an Asgardian jail but before they can "arrest" him Majestic rushes in and pulls his head off declaring that he is too great a threat to be let to live

illadelph12
laughing

You've gotta be f*ckin kidding me.

I just found this:

First Appearance: X-Force #116
Height: 3'5"
Weight: Unrevealed
Powers/Weapons: Unrevealed, Flight
Intelligence: Omniscient
Strength: Incalculable- Can lift in excess of 100 tons
Speed: Warp speed- transcending light speed
Durability: Virtually industrucible
Energy Projection: Virtually unlimited command of all types of energy
Fighting Skills: Master of all forms of combat
Profile: Doop is the X-Statix's official documentarian. With camera always in hand, Doop records all of the X-Statix's exploits for team meetings, press releases, ego-stroking, and fact-finding. Thanks to Doop's omnipresent filming, the truth was even exposed about the Coach and his plan to kill the Orphan. When sent to evaluate the potential of corkscrew, a possible new recruit, Doop sensed the mutant had a gene that predisposed him to mental illness. Little Doop put down his camera and picked up a hatchet. And corkscrew never joined the team.

That's the most powerful cameraman in comics.

Sentry
Yeah, Sentry wouldn't qualify. It would be a great one on one battle, though.

It seems that Strange and Genis are popular. The problem with this team is that it's pretty heavy with people Thanos knows really well. Thanos knows Surfer's personality, he knows his battle weaknesses. Ditty with Warlock. And I don't know if Genis and Gil have the raw power necessary to break Thanos' shields. How will your team put him down? The scenario is important. smile

I think Genis and Gilgamesh can break through his shields.

And here is Genis's power desciption :

Warlock will be the key factor. Of all the people here, Warlock knows Thanos the best, and vice versa. Let's not forget about Strange either. Gilgamesh and Genis are the first strain with a full frontal assault diverting Thanos's attention. Silver Surfer will engage Thanos from the rear. Warlock will come from above all the while the good doctor is finishing up a spell to send Thanos away to another dimension. They can hurt Thanos, but not kill him, the invulnerable bastard. So their only chance I think is to send him away somewhere he can never return from, which is damn near impossible since he is a freaking genius. But, it's possible, and that's my scenario.

DigiMark007
My plan would pale in compasrison to these (especially with my team, whose weaknesses have been exposed during the course of this thread), but I love the idea of this thread...it's like a mini-tournament for anyone to jump into if they think they have some good ideas.

Speaking of which, maybe it was decided right before I started browsing and posting on this forum, but how was it decided who was in that tourney that Scoobless is in (he's currently "fighting" Khellendros)???

Oh and only 2 have voted on that thread so far, so check it out too...(haven't cast mine yet, since interest seemed to be lower than the last tourney thread I saw)

-DM
P.S. sorry off topic

demigawd
Thanks, appreciated! I know that Thanos gets a lot of respect here, so I figured, "why not use that reverence for him and force people to pick AGAINST him with their own teams?"

jinzin
I'm sticking with team amalgam. then team vengeance. then my revised team two. I think those have the best chances.

demigawd
I should probably make a poll with the submissions to see what the rest of the board thinks of your teams chances against Thanos with a month prep. Maybe in a few days. Anyone else want to submit?

Superherovandal
Batman 1million
Martian Manhunter
Kingdom Come Flash
Maestro Hulk
Superman 1million

demigawd
What are the powers of Batman/Superman 1million? What's KC Flash have over regular Flash?

Maestro Hulk is a villain.

Nataku8188
You guys have a poor perception of Thanos' power. If the character is below Odin level, it's not going to touch Thanos. Surfer gets slapped around like a little girl by this guy. You can't beat Thanos with raw power, it just doesn't happen. You have to use tactics and skill.

Sentry
Originally posted by Nataku8188
You guys have a poor perception of Thanos' power. If the character is below Odin level, it's not going to touch Thanos. Surfer gets slapped around like a little girl by this guy. You can't beat Thanos with raw power, it just doesn't happen. You have to use tactics and skill.

Captain Mar-vell has beaten Thanos before, I don't see why his son can't. Oh, your gonna say something like he knew Thanos and was more experienced, and I will probably agree with you, but he's not alone in this fight. My team has him teamed up with veterans Adam Warlock, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, and the Forgotten One, Gilgamesh. Warlock & Strange will probably come up with a strategy to take Thanos out.

Scoobless
Originally posted by illadelph12
laughing

You've gotta be f*ckin kidding me.

I just found this:

First Appearance: X-Force #116
Height: 3'5"
Weight: Unrevealed
Powers/Weapons: Unrevealed, Flight
Intelligence: Omniscient
Strength: Incalculable- Can lift in excess of 100 tons
Speed: Warp speed- transcending light speed
Durability: Virtually industrucible
Energy Projection: Virtually unlimited command of all types of energy
Fighting Skills: Master of all forms of combat
Profile: Doop is the X-Statix's official documentarian. With camera always in hand, Doop records all of the X-Statix's exploits for team meetings, press releases, ego-stroking, and fact-finding. Thanks to Doop's omnipresent filming, the truth was even exposed about the Coach and his plan to kill the Orphan. When sent to evaluate the potential of corkscrew, a possible new recruit, Doop sensed the mutant had a gene that predisposed him to mental illness. Little Doop put down his camera and picked up a hatchet. And corkscrew never joined the team.

That's the most powerful cameraman in comics.

all that and he looks like a fluying green turd

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/9106/doop.jpg

Scoobless
Speaking of which, maybe it was decided right before I started browsing and posting on this forum, but how was it decided who was in that tourney that Scoobless is in (he's currently "fighting" Khellendros)???

Oh and only 2 have voted on that thread so far, so check it out too...(haven't cast mine yet, since interest seemed to be lower than the last tourney thread I saw)

-DM
P.S. sorry off topic

yeah.....it seemed to be forgotten about by the organiser for a little while....... there was a thread asking for entrants to a tournament, you had to pick 7 characters at different power levels

1 from "Everyman" level....... superman types
2 from "Powerful" level............ around Iron Man level
2 from "Powerful street" level... like Spider-Man level
2 from "street" level................ like Captain America/Batman type

for comparison my team is:

Graviton
Wonderman + Vision
Carnage + Puma
Scourge + Hawkeye

it's been interesting to participate in and to watch the others go at it....... unfortunately the organiser tried to do it wit 10 teams in a knockout style..... went from 10 to 5 then to 3 now the final....... apparently 1 team has pretty much been forgotten about

it started a couple of months ago

BootlegBoys420
Two Teams:
1. Reed Richards
2.Batman
3. Superman(Pre)
4.Hal Jordan
5.Smart Hulk

Reed And Bruce Outbrain Him While A GL Ring Protect Hulk And Supes Go At Him... Done...

Team 2:
1. Bugs Bunny
2. Mario
3. Road Runner
4. Wile E. Coyote(He Works With Stark Industries Now... Not Acme)
5. Mighty Mouse

Nuff Said...

Linkalicious
Reed Richards. wink

DigiMark007
Bootleg, Mighty Mouse would take the fight by himself...he's not in Marvel, but should probably be considered above Skyfather level....lol.

stick out tongue

-DM

Superherovandal
Superman 1million is one of the Descendants of Supes he has imp blood in him so he is immune to magic. He punched through the time barrier .He is like SupesX1000. Batman 1mill is from the 825 century. He mastered most martial arts in the universe, has an iq of 1045, has tech that makes Doom look like he got his from a stone age flea market. KC flash completely mastered the Speed Force he can be almost everywhere at once.

Well than I will have GL Kyle Rayner

Scoobless
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Superman 1million is one of the Descendants of Supes he has imp blood in him so he is immune to magic. He punched through the time barrier .He is like SupesX1000. Batman 1mill is from the 825 century. He mastered most martial arts in the universe, has an iq of 1045, has tech that makes Doom look like he got his from a stone age flea market. KC flash completely mastered the Speed Force he can be almost everywhere at once.

Well than I will have GL Kyle Rayner

well then Supes 1 mill is definitely out of it due to being over the power limit......KC Flash might be as well

Superherovandal
why KC Flash he ain't above Skyfather.

demigawd
if he can be everywhere at once, that's damn powerful. I bet he has all kinds of other speedforce tricks too, doesn't he? What else can he do?

Supes 1mil definitely out!

K Von Doom
Captain Marvel (original) - coz he's the Protector of the Universe assigned for Thanos
Drax - coz he was created by Kronos to battle Thanos
Blackbolt - coz of his power
Morg with WOL - coz he took out all the heralds & his fighting ability
Deathurge - Oblivion's avatar would have a good chance - one hit from his weapons sends the Titan to Oblivion, not Death

Superherovandal
ok then i have lobo

Superherovandal
he can not stop moving. He has total mastery of the speed force. can exist in two dimensions. his complete powers are not known. but he ain't more powerful than Odin.

demigawd
I wouldn't consider Morg to be a hero. I don't think Deathurge counts as one, either. At least not from your description.

Scoobless
Flash may be useless as Thanos would find out there is no "speedforce" in the MU and fight them there

K Von Doom
I wouldn't consider Morg to be a hero. I don't think Deathurge counts as one, either. At least not from your description.

Okay a revised list

Captain Marvel (original) - coz he's the Protector of the Universe assigned for Thanos
Drax - coz he was created by Kronos to battle Thanos
Blackbolt - coz of his power
Quasar - doesn't hurt to have another Protector of the Universe who actually hurt Thanos while he had the IG
Doc Strange - No explanation needed

Superherovandal
no in the forum all the universe are fused together and so there will be a Speed force in this forum man. or we could say that supes beats galactus as there is no power cosmic in the DC universe.

Avalonofthewind
Hmm, I'm going to try with some obscure sources:

Dark Schneider (The BasTard...Incredibly intelligent and powerful wizard)

Dr Strange
Dr Doomsday (Amagalm universe)
Amazo
Shockwave (Comics...who beat, prime, megatron, and the dinobots)

Scoobless
Originally posted by Superherovandal
no in the forum all the universe are fused together and so there will be a Speed force in this forum man. or we could say that supes beats galactus as there is no power cosmic in the DC universe.

actually the power cosmic comes FROM Galactus..... where ever he is, it is

Alpha Centauri
How about we don't remove Thanos's powers just because "we" dislike them? Good.

A month to prepare from comics....

Nate Grey, Maestro Hulk, Atleza, Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange.

-AC

Scoobless
who mentioned taking away Thanos's power?

Nate Grey was decided to be a liability as his mutant powers can be turned off with the right tech..... who is Atleza?

Victor Von Doom
If Thanos has a month to prep against them, teams of this power level aren't going to win.

Alpha Centauri
Jinzin said it. Allegedly the power is too cheap.

Atleza is the anchor of reality in the known Marvel Universe. Acknowledged by Thanos.

I'd probably replace Nate with....Beyonder or maybe Captain Marvel (Genis).

Captain Marvel, Atleza, Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange, Maestro Hulk.

-AC

demigawd
So you're saying that team could beat a Thanos with one month of prep?

What's Atleza do? Remember, the opponent has to be below skyfather level.

Scoobless
yo Demi...... you never gave your verdict on my battle scenario..... whatcha think?

demigawd
Are you referring to:

Graviton
Wonderman + Vision
Carnage + Puma
Scourge + Hawkeye

I can't remember which team it was. Sorry, lol.

Scoobless
the team was:

Dr Strange
Green Lantern
Mr Majestic
Thor
Captain Marvel

my post was:

ok...... Thanos would see Strange as a threat (as you stated earlier) so he would do a dimension slip, then come back in astral form, Majestic would brutally assault him backed up by marvel while Thor teleports to Asgard to get that belt that doubles his strength, comes back and starts laying into him (Thor has used the added strength from this belt to beat Thanos before) with GL protecting everyone and staying out of the immediate battle by zipping around at full speed, Majestic Thor and Marvel continue to hammer him......... which is probably enough to beat him in itself........ while Strange works up an energy sapping spell to draw off his power and make him more vulnerable

as soon as Thanos has been de-powered Thor claims victory, Hal strips him of all tech with a ring scan, they tell him they are going to throw him in an Asgardian jail but before they can "arrest" him Majestic rushes in and pulls his head off declaring that he is too great a threat to be let to live

Powerful_Dragon
I can kill him im a dragon.

cray z 4 sarah
how about
dr.strange
silver surfer
wonderwoman
green lantern
quasar

Scoobless
i was trying to make a team without using the Surfer as everyone else uses him when it comes to making powerful teams....... i didn't want to use Thor either but i needed someone with no physical weakness

cray z 4 sarah
i included surfer because thanos knows him but it applies the other way around surfer knows some of thanos's strengths and weaknesses

demigawd
Well, Thanos, during his month, would further augment his psionic abilities. Strange strugged against Xavier on the Astral Plane, so even his astral form is vulnerable against Thanos, who will likely be expecting such a move from Strange.

Given how his shields were sufficient that even in his less powerful days he held off Champion with the power gem, and after his power up, even Galactus exerted himself as never before to break Thanos' shields, I don't think the combined might of Majestic, Thor and Marvel can break it anytime soon. They could break through eventually, especially with the belt of strength, but Thanos would only need enough time to take out GL, who if you recall, is the only person capable of preventing them from being mentally assaulted. GL's shields go down to Thanos before Thanos shields go down, so he takes out GL, and before the others can break through his own shield, he sends out a mental attack that takes out Majestic, Thor and Marvel. Thor heals rapidly, and won't be down for long (not sure about Majestic). But by then, GL is down, Strange is down with the unexpected Astral assault, Majestic and Marvel are down. That just leaves Thor who is groggy from the mental attack and easy pickings.

You'd need someone durable and mentally capable to prevent that scenario.

cray z 4 sarah
i think wonderwoman would be a good choice because there is no way i think he can prepare for her, good luck trying to undo the powers the greek gods gave her

demigawd
Originally posted by cray z 4 sarah
i included surfer because thanos knows him but it applies the other way around surfer knows some of thanos's strengths and weaknesses

Except that works more in Thanos favor, since he's a better planner and even worse, the prep is one-sided. A month one-sided too.

I think GL and Quasar are too similar - GL shields are beaten pretty easily, and Thano mowed through Quasar's shields. They won't have much effect. Wonder Woman's lack of durability will really hurt her here.

cray z 4 sarah
ok if i change my team to
dr.strange
binary
firelord
herald johny storm
gladiator

demigawd
I think that's a good team....but you'd need someone to protect against psionic attack. I don't think anyone on your team is capable of that.

Scoobless
Well, Thanos, during his month, would further augment his psionic abilities. Strange strugged against Xavier on the Astral Plane, so even his astral form is vulnerable against Thanos, who will likely be expecting such a move from Strange.

if Thanos was to confront Strange in an astral battle he would leave his body unattended and easier to attack

I don't think the combined might of Majestic, Thor and Marvel can break it anytime soon. They could break through eventually, especially with the belt of strength, but Thanos would only need enough time to take out GL, who if you recall, is the only person capable of preventing them from being mentally assaulted

Strange could also help with mental defense, and Thanos would have a tough time taking out an experienced GL who is staying back and moving fast so as not to let his team down while also trying to keep up with an astral Strange

GL's shields go down to Thanos before Thanos shields go down

maybe in a 1 on 1 but not when he has other things to occupy him and with the GL in question staying away from him

You'd need someone durable and mentally capable to prevent that scenario.

Majestic also has a magical background and has defences against mental assaults

Scoobless
ok if i change my team to
dr.strange
binary
firelord
herald johny storm
gladiator

I think that's a good team....but you'd need someone to protect against psionic attack. I don't think anyone on your team is capable of that.

plus Gladiator has a severe weakness against certain radiation which Thanos could exploit

cray z 4 sarah
dr.strange
binary
green lantern
herald johny storm
gladiator

now with gl they have a psionic defense and this team doest have any real exploitable weaknesses other than gladiators confidence
i think its a good balance binary and gladiator would attack thanos with everything they got while gl could protect them from psionics and and strange would attack with a variety of spells meanwhile johhnys power "cosmic vision" would allow him to exploit thanos'es weaknesses

dominic/wolf
onslaught , shaman nate grey , god cable , adam warlock , wolverine. beat dat
MR .T

cray z 4 sarah
first they said heroes only so you cant use onslaught and your team relies too much on mutants which thanos could easily nullify there powers that leaves prepped thanos versus adam warlock

cray z 4 sarah
what do you think of my team demi?

Scoobless
first they said heroes only so you cant use onslaught and your team relies too much on mutants which thanos could easily nullify there powers that leaves prepped thanos versus adam warlock

plus some of those characters may be out of the power league of this forum

dr.strange
binary
green lantern
herald johny storm
gladiator

and you still have Gladiator who has an easy to exploit weakness

cray z 4 sarah
maybe dr strange could cast a spell to boost gladiators confidence

Scoobless
he would still be vulnerable to radiation.......... part of the whole Superman knockoffedness

cray z 4 sarah
im pretty sure johnny would be able to create a forcefield to protect him from radiation

demigawd
if Thanos was to confront Strange in an astral battle he would leave his body unattended and easier to attack

Thanos wouldn't have to leave his body...astral forms are still vulnerable to telepathic attack. Remember what Nate Grey did to Xavier? Thanos doesn't necessarily have to PULL Strange back to the real world, he just has to mentally assault him. And anyone who could mindwipe the Beyonder and the most powerful Herald of Galactus could certainly KO Strange.

Thanos wouldn't necessarily HAVE to catch GL - GL blocks the group telepathically through his field, which they'd have to stay inside of. All Thanos has to do to make everybody vulnerable is smash through the field. Once he does that, their psionic protection is gone. He can deal with GL in his own time.

Right - he can chase down the GL later. In the meantime, he'd psionically assault (or even worse - reprogram to work for him) - Thor, Marvel and possibly Majestic.

I think there's "mental resistence" coming from willpower that makes it hard for someone to control you, and there's "mental immunity" that makes you impenetrable. The only way to determine which Majestic is is to list some of his mental resistence feats. That will give us all a better idea of whether he could stand up to psionc assaults from someone who mentally took out the Beyonder.

demigawd
dr.strange
binary
green lantern
herald johny storm
gladiator

now with gl they have a psionic defense and this team doest have any real exploitable weaknesses other than gladiators confidence
i think its a good balance binary and gladiator would attack thanos with everything they got while gl could protect them from psionics and and strange would attack with a variety of spells meanwhile johhnys power "cosmic vision" would allow him to exploit thanos'es weaknesses

Binary is a really good choice, no one has mentioned her yet. The problem with relying on GL for psionic attacks is that it requires his forcefield around them. GL forcefields are notorious for breaking against really powerful foes. Thanos is as powerful as they come. the psionic protection GL gives to them is only active as long as they stay within the field. That limits their mobility, and it also limits what they can do to him in return. And Thanos can smash through that field and then their psionic protection is gone.

Gladiator is also a bad option - he's actually afraid of Thanos, which will automatically affect his confidence even before the fight starts. Thanos could pretty easily say, "Ahhh, Gladiator. My favorite victim. How I so enjoyed assaulting you before, and how I'll so enjoy doing it again. Maybe you'll die this time. You think?". Gladiator is bound to take that poorly, lol.

cray z 4 sarah
"dr.strange
binary
green lantern
herald johny storm
gladiator

i think its a good balance binary and gladiator would attack thanos with everything they got while gl could protect them from psionics and and strange would attack with a variety of spells meanwhile johhnys power "cosmic vision" would allow him to exploit thanos'es weaknesses"

what do you think of that team demi?

cray z 4 sarah
oh sry i didnt relise you responded

demigawd
Did you change this team from the one you posted a few posts back?

EDIT: Oh, I see. I posted my analysis at the same time you did.

demigawd
haha. jinx!

This thread is good practice for everybody who wants to test out potential teams for tournaments.

cray z 4 sarah
lol yeah i didnt notice that sry

Scoobless
ok, new team.....

Eighth Day good guy Juggernaut
Telepathic Exemplar (freed from the control of her godly power giver but still at full strength)
Thor with belt o' strength
Mr Majestic (cos he seems to be a brick sh!t house)
Martian Manhunter (cos his pyrophobia thing now only works for emotional flames...... or some BS like that)

this'll be one of those punchy rather than thinky teams....... but i think they have enough to beat down the big dawg

demigawd
Examplars aren't heroes! And you can't pick heroic versions of evil characters when they're in evil mode, lol.

Scoobless
Examplars aren't heroes! And you can't pick heroic versions of evil characters when they're in evil mode, lol.

they are heroes....... they live their lives courageously day by day with the burden of the deformities and power that have been thrust upon them.... especially the little telepathic one...*sniff*

and in that story Juggy saves the world........ but if i have to drop him i might go with full strength Hercules

Joker1237
Min Man,
Sky King
Black Jack
The Green Genie
and Man Bot. lol

Ok relly

I pick Hulk, Batman, Superman, Wonder woman, and Spawn.

Yep thats my team, and I know they lose in good fasion.

cray z 4 sarah
dr. strange
binary
green lantern
herald johny storm
jack of hearts

i swappped gladiator with jack of hearts

Scoobless
i never rated Jack as being that tough.... what can he really do when he goes all out?

cray z 4 sarah
well in an avengers disassembled issue she hulk and hulk were out of control and none of the avengers could stop them except jack he blasted them and reverted them to normal

cray z 4 sarah
so knocking out hulk and she hulk is pretty tough and jack also killed ant man and blew up the avengers mansion

Scoobless
wasn't Jack dead by the time Avengers Disassembled came out?.... i'm sure he just walked up to the mansion and exploded.... even though he was already dead (stupid Scarlet Witch)

Cosmic Cube
Examplars aren't heroes! And you can't pick heroic versions of evil characters when they're in evil mode, lol. An *Exemplar* can be a hero.

cray z 4 sarah
yeah i agree with you scoob scarlet witch killed so many people in that damb story

Scoobless
yeah i agree with you scoob scarlet witch killed so many people in that damb story

I KNOW........ Hawkeye was one of my favourite characters and i was just starting to like the Vision.......

i recently read Marvel "The End" and Thanos says people will not be coming back from the dead anymore........ mad ...... Jack of Hearts and Ant Man i couldn't care less about, Vision could be rebuilt as he's an android but what about Hawk?

DigiMark007
...ummm little off topic (with where this thread has headed), but speaking of good people to take on Thanos....I just read my first issue of The Authority. They got a character named simply "The Doctor" that looks like he'd give Strange a run for his money. He turned coffee into oil with a thought, can fly, appears to be a pretty strong telepath, is subconciously linked with former sorcerors of his caliber (I'm thinking past lives, but it wasn't fully explained), gave an entire city of people the power to breath underwater (a dimensional rift had lopped an ocean on top of it), and did some other nifty stuff...some of which I can't remember. And his magic seems to be inherent, so no spells or incantations are required....I had a team (a pretty crappy one) on page 1 or 2 of this thread, but consider him added (in place of Strange if nothing else...but both might be kick-ass too)...I'd form a plan, but my team would still lose (still a bunch of muties and meat-shields) but I thought I'd mention the Doctor.

-DM

DigiMark007
Alright....new team. I wanna try this...

Adam Warlock
Mr. Majestic
Drax the Destroyer
(those are the phsical distractor guys)
Dr. Strange
The Doctor (from Authority)

Here's some info on the Doctor...
History:
The Doctor was an unknown force before Jenny Sparks found him. He is probably the most powerful member of the Authority. He has a connection with all of the previous Doctor's giving him a vast store house of knowledge. It was the Doctor who found the Carrier that the Authority uses as their base of operations. It is believed that the Doctor is from Amsterdam. He often refers to his homeland when casting magical spells. It appears that some of the former Doctors include Albert Einstein, Jesus, Genghis Khan and Nostradamus.

Powers:
The Doctor is a modern day shaman or master class wizard. As such he has vast powers which have allowed him to create force shields, convert people into animals, destroy the entire nation of Italy, open doors to other dimensions, heal the Carrier, and move objects telekinetically. In addition to these vast powers, part of the Doctor's mind is in constant contact with the spirits of all the other Doctors. There have been Doctors since the Dawn of Human Life

So Majestic, Warlock and Drax (who has a similar-to-Thanos invulnerability thing going for him) start pounding away while The Doc and Strange put up some shields and start casting. The Doctor can travel through time (he sent someone back in time in the comic I read and I read it on another bio i found)...so him and strange go back in time and...uh...hmmm....ok, got something.

They go back to when Thanos had a self-defeating personality. They recruit the other three guys to dish out some punishment (this is well into the past, so Thanos not only has no prep time, but he has no idea why he's being attacked). Then Strange, with a bunch more time on his hands, works with the Doctor to send Thanos into a pocket dimension, or just beat him within an inch of his life and call it a day.

There. My plan. Huzzah!

-DM

DigiMark007
bump

demigawd
Alright....new team. I wanna try this...

Adam Warlock
Mr. Majestic
Drax the Destroyer
(those are the phsical distractor guys)
Dr. Strange
The Doctor (from Authority)

Here's some info on the Doctor...
History:
The Doctor was an unknown force before Jenny Sparks found him. He is probably the most powerful member of the Authority. He has a connection with all of the previous Doctor's giving him a vast store house of knowledge. It was the Doctor who found the Carrier that the Authority uses as their base of operations. It is believed that the Doctor is from Amsterdam. He often refers to his homeland when casting magical spells. It appears that some of the former Doctors include Albert Einstein, Jesus, Genghis Khan and Nostradamus.

Powers:
The Doctor is a modern day shaman or master class wizard. As such he has vast powers which have allowed him to create force shields, convert people into animals, destroy the entire nation of Italy, open doors to other dimensions, heal the Carrier, and move objects telekinetically. In addition to these vast powers, part of the Doctor's mind is in constant contact with the spirits of all the other Doctors. There have been Doctors since the Dawn of Human Life

So Majestic, Warlock and Drax (who has a similar-to-Thanos invulnerability thing going for him) start pounding away while The Doc and Strange put up some shields and start casting. The Doctor can travel through time (he sent someone back in time in the comic I read and I read it on another bio i found)...so him and strange go back in time and...uh...hmmm....ok, got something.

They go back to when Thanos had a self-defeating personality. They recruit the other three guys to dish out some punishment (this is well into the past, so Thanos not only has no prep time, but he has no idea why he's being attacked). Then Strange, with a bunch more time on his hands, works with the Doctor to send Thanos into a pocket dimension, or just beat him within an inch of his life and call it a day.

There. My plan. Huzzah!

-DM

hahaha...a very Authority plot. Good thinking.

I'm tempted to say that Doctor is at skyfather level, but given that the Doctor is still somewhat idiotic, I guess he'd have to count.

Has the good Doctor faced off against a telepathic attack yet?

demigawd
dr. strange
binary
green lantern
herald johny storm
jack of hearts

i swappped gladiator with jack of hearts

I think that's a better team - but I'm still not sure you have enough psionic protection. You're still basically relying on GL's shields to telepathically protect your team. Once Thanos smashes those shields, they're all vulnerable since few have natural telepathic defenses.

Sentry
Here's another team that could take Thanos.

Sersi

Magni (Son Of Thor/God Of Strength/Incalculable Strength/He has the Mjlonir)

Bravado(Son Of Thor/Class 80 Strength/Durability like classic
Thor/Well versed in Asgardian Mystic Arts)

Beta Ray Bill

Dr. Strange

Magni and Beta Ray are the physical distractions and start pounding away on Thanos...

Meanwhile Sersi casts a powerful psionic shield against Thanos's psionic attacks, simultaneously casting her psionic attacks against Thanos.

Strange and Bravado will concoct a spell that'll send Thanos to a place he will never be able to return from as a back up plan.

grey fox
vader (he is in a comic book by dark horse i belive)
super soldier (amalgam)
war hulk (no gamma sihpon will work on him since his powers are waaaaaaaay boosted by celestial stuff that apocalypse gave him)
8th day juggernaut (if that doesn't count then normal juggernaut)
and doctor doom

cherry cola
My team is:
Mr. Fantastic
Thor
Green Lantern (Hal)
Dr. Strange
Superman with Kryptonite immunity

JWangSDC
Team would get rocked. Cable w/out virus is weaker than the silver surfer....so is magneto even with is new powers. Thanos with prep time will def be able to take all 3. The last two are also great but they're just not going to cut it

Originally posted by crazyspinz
cable (no virus)
proff X
magneto
gladiator
thor

(professuer X and magneto together make onlsaught, who owns)

JWangSDC
Dr Strange
GL Kyle Rayner (Who's ring has no weaknesses)
Cable Without Virus
Hulk
Silver Surfer

Dr Strange and GL bring some odd power to the team. Cable will send a savage hulk to do the phyiscal damage. Silver surfer can return whatever gamma radiation Thanos finds a way to suck out of the Hulk.

demigawd
Originally posted by Sentry
Here's another team that could take Thanos.

Sersi

Magni (Son Of Thor/God Of Strength/Incalculable Strength/He has the Mjlonir)

Bravado(Son Of Thor/Class 80 Strength/Durability like classic
Thor/Well versed in Asgardian Mystic Arts)

Beta Ray Bill

Dr. Strange

Magni and Beta Ray are the physical distractions and start pounding away on Thanos...

Meanwhile Sersi casts a powerful psionic shield against Thanos's psionic attacks, simultaneously casting her psionic attacks against Thanos.

Strange and Bravado will concoct a spell that'll send Thanos to a place he will never be able to return from as a back up plan.

Great team! Good psionic defense, good energy projection, they're durable so can take some punishment, good physical strength and great control over magic. I'd say they have the best chance yet.

demigawd
Originally posted by grey fox
vader (he is in a comic book by dark horse i belive)
super soldier (amalgam)
war hulk (no gamma sihpon will work on him since his powers are waaaaaaaay boosted by celestial stuff that apocalypse gave him)
8th day juggernaut (if that doesn't count then normal juggernaut)
and doctor doom

Not enough psionic immunity here. And an overreliance or physical strength. Thanos with a month of prep could easily dismantle this team.

Originally posted by cherry cola
My team is:
Mr. Fantastic
Thor
Green Lantern (Hal)
Dr. Strange
Superman with Kryptonite immunity

This team has a serious durability problem. Three of them have basic human stats and have to rely entirely on the strength of their abilities or weapons to stave Thanos off. If they slip up once, they'll die immediately. And Thanos with a month of prep will definitely make them slip up. Thor and Superman are the only durable options, and neither of them would be much of a threat to a prepped Thanos.

Originally posted by JWangSDC
Dr Strange
GL Kyle Rayner (Who's ring has no weaknesses)
Cable Without Virus
Hulk
Silver Surfer

Dr Strange and GL bring some odd power to the team. Cable will send a savage hulk to do the phyiscal damage. Silver surfer can return whatever gamma radiation Thanos finds a way to suck out of the Hulk.

The team isn't great, but I like the plan. But when dealing with a prepped Thanos, mutants still aren't a good option. It would easy for Thanos to build a mutant inhibitor field that will automatically turn off Cable. Hulk and Surfer together can't beat Thanos even without prep because Thanos knows their game so well. With prep and they'll be crushed, especially when you consider that Doom already built a device to take away Surfer's power and in disruptor to screw up Hulk's neurological system. GL is ok, but I think Thanos is out of his league, especially without a lot of backup. And Strange can cause some fits for Thanos, but will likely come up short without heavy hitters backing him up.

kgkg
how about:

-Dr.strange
-Silver Surfer
-King Thor
-Jugs
-MM

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>