superman vs. carnage

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

doctorstrongbad
Who do you think would win?

spetznaz
Superman would not even bother fighting Carnage. It would be beneath him.
He;d just place a call to the JLA and ask someone on the level of the Red Tornado to come and deal with Carnage.

Seriously though, there is nothing Carnage could do that could hurt Superman. Carnage could try and punch Superman (if he can even connect since Supes is much faster), and all Carnage would accomplish is liquefying his fist by hitting it against a super-dense kryptonian body. Carnage could also try his slash-n-rip attacks, but they would not even cause the slightest tear in Superman's skin! And Carnie could try to use his super-strength against Superman's Super-strength, but unless Carnage got the strength levels of the Hulk it would be over in less than a second.

But Superman can destroy Carnage in about a dozen different ways, and seriously maim him in like a dozen more.

Mismatch.
Again, Superman wouldn't evne bother fighting Carnage. IT would be insulting to him to pick on the weak and feeble (and Carnage is extremely weak ....compared to Superman).

ZephroCarnelian
lol - what a fight this would be!

Or not... lol. Supes would be like: 'What's this red smear on the underside of my boot? Oh - it was supposed to be my foe on this thread!'

wink

David Duchovony
Good God! How did Carnage get two votes???

Scoobless
did you see what Sentry did to Carnage in New Avengers 2... ripped him right in half.... not sure what he did with the parts afterwards though...... maybe just dropped them, which would be a mistake as the symbiote part would probably have survived

jinzin
(sigh) not this again. listen there are like 10 different ways that carnage can beat supes, he'd have to use his stealth mode, and he'd have to be tricky, but his symbiote can break down at the molecular level meaning that carnage can send his symbiote through the pores in supe's skin and then pull the layers of skin off or attack the vital organs inside. I'm not saying carnage is going to win this fight by any means, just that he has more of a chance than you guys give him credit for.......of course I do concur that superman could just as easily liquify carnage with the sonics he would generate just by flying past the guy, but he does have a few chances.

spetznaz
Originally posted by jinzin
(sigh) not this again. listen there are like 10 different ways that carnage can beat supes, he'd have to use his stealth mode, and he'd have to be tricky, but his symbiote can break down at the molecular level meaning that carnage can send his symbiote through the pores in supe's skin and then pull the layers of skin off or attack the vital organs inside. I'm not saying carnage is going to win this fight by any means, just that he has more of a chance than you guys give him credit for.......of course I do concur that superman could just as easily liquify carnage with the sonics he would generate just by flying past the guy, but he does have a few chances.

1) How would Carnage make it through Superman's bio-field?

2) Assuming he got inside (which he wouldn't be able to, but let's assume) how the heck would he find the strength to 'pull the layers of skin off' or 'attack the vital organs.?' Note, we are talking about Superman here ...NOT Spiderman. His molecular integrity is extremely cohesive.

3) If Carnage is capable of doing that to Superman (he isn't, but again, let's assume he can), how come he is still whooped on a regular basis by Spiderman? Someone who is weaker than Carnage, slower than Carnage, and cannot even pick up Carnage using his Spidey Sense? And someone who (apart from his Spidey abilities eg strength, agility, senses etc) is for all intents and purposes human when it comes to what his body can take ....meaning that although he has amazing physical abilities his body's vulnerabilities (eg to bullets, impalement etc) are virtually the same as those of a normal human? I know he can handle a punch far better than Joe Blow, but shoot Spiderman and he is a goner (if the bullet actually hits).

Now, if Carnage has not been able to take out SPIDERMAN, how the heck would he deal with someone who takes on characters like DarkSeid?
Or do you want to tell me that Carnage can now take on characters on the level of Thor, the Hulk and Darkseid?

It is ridiculous. Carnage just wouldn't be able to take out Superman.
And you say that he has 10 ways of taking out Superman .....well, if the first method you could come with is Carnage turning himself into molecular goo and trying to get inside Superman's pores, I have to say i am very curious (and intrigued) as to what the other 9 'methods' are.
Maybe the next 'method' you'll be telling me is that he (Carnage) would 'radio' for thousands of symbiotes from outer space to 'travel at light speed' to Earth and surround superman (some silly dude actually used such an argument ...something about many symbiotes showing up instantaneously).

Carnage is just not a match for Superman!
Geez, he cannot even get rid of Spiderman and/or Venom when both of those characters are weaker and slower than he is.

Superman is beyond Carnage in every single way!

But I have to give you props for your 'molecular goo' attack.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by jinzin
(sigh) not this again. listen there are like 10 different ways that carnage can beat supes,

Superman has 1000 different ways to beat Carnage.

Draco69
Good Lord. Anybody read New Avengers #2? Sentry ripped him in half. Superman would do the same.

Slealth mode my @$$

jinzin
dude, I think you totally misunderstand me, I'm not saying carnage IS DEFINITELY going to win, I'm not even saying he'll win 2 out of 5, I'm just saying he does have a minute chance.

"Maybe the next 'method' you'll be telling me is that he (Carnage) would 'radio' for thousands of symbiotes from outer space to 'travel at light speed' to Earth and surround superman (some silly dude actually used such an argument ...something about many symbiotes showing up instantaneously)."

lol. that was me dude. And if carnage's symbiote sensed enough danger from supes it could very well do it. Venom's symbiote HAS done this before, I see no reason why carnage's would not. And if you knew anything about carnage, you would know he is fully capable of taking down spiderman in a 1 on 1 confrontation, aside from the fact that he's humiliated spiderman, it's just common sense. Venom's bested spiderman in almost every 1 on 1 confrontation barring fire, sonics, and other interferences, carnage is superior to venom in strength and ability, carnagae shouldhave no problem taking out spiderman.
And it's not really the human that superman should be afraid of, it's the symbiote that's the threat. the symbiote's fully capable of tendriling his ass, attacking his mental state, taking him over, and a myrid of other things.
And has far as fighting thor and hulk level characters, he should be able to put up a good fight against those kinds of characters esp since venom's fought hulk, juggernaught, and superman and IM. the carnage symbiote got the best of the silver surfer. I mean logically superman should win by all means yes, but taken the character's showings, spiderman given him trouble, venom kicked the bejesus out of him, carnage should at the very least give him a good run for his money.

nigel45
Someone on here metioned something about Carnage breaking down to a molecular level and sneaking up on Superman (at least I think that's wha they were saying). Anyways, odds of that working are slim considering Superman's "keen" eyesight. He would see the individual molecules.

jinzin
they don't really have to sneak though. carnage has sent his symbiote through telephone wires and tv screens reaching people across the country on the other side in a few short moments he could do this with ease. not that he'd get the chance, but he could if he did.

doctorstrongbad
Okay so this fight is unfair towards carnage. Okay I'll have to think of something better. Thanks for your help. smile

uQifg2WV
I'm gonna have to agree with jinzin. Although Superman is on a much higher level than carnage their is stil the most miniscule chance carnage may make it through.

Zahit
The question to this fight has been answered in New Avengers #2.

Scoobless
yes

Fanboy
Yeah that is Stupid Carnage ripping of supermans inside or some crap like that Superman can swallow acid and it would not hurt him. Acid Mmm mmm good.

StrawNilla
Superman.

Arachnoidfreak
**** that.

The Carnage symbiote would ditch Cassady and bond to Superman, creating the uber awesome "Malice".

Superman with a symbiote...daaaaamn.

MatchesMalone
Superman should win this in about a second.

srankmissingnin
To be fair Sentry could rip Superman in half about as easily as he did Carnage. Anyway jinzin is right about Superman winning but at the same time their are ways for Carnage to pull out a victory... they just aren't very likely unless he got very lucky.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
**** that.

The Carnage symbiote would ditch Cassady and bond to Superman, creating the uber awesome "Malice".

Superman with a symbiote...daaaaamn.

Kinda like Surfer with Carnage. He was badass to the max...

jinzin
the carnage cosmic vs. dd with gl ring!

theflyxx
Superman wouldn't bother wasting his time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.