Venom Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Throughout that last few years there have been rumors and at one point early production on a Venom film. New Line lost the rights and they reverted back to the Marvel stable and are still there presumably to await call up for an appearance in a Spider-Man film. Will Venom finally get his own film after an appearance as a villain in one of the next Spider-Man films? No one is truly sure which is why I have created this thread where we can all discuss the topic.

The current status of the film according to Countingdown.com is "Stalled" or "TBA" (To Be Announced). http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3533259

TheFilmProphet

thundercracker
WOW a venom film goodygoodygoodygoodygoodygoodygoodygoodygoodygoody
goodygoodygoodygoodygoodygoodygoodygoody man they better not ruin the charecter..... mad evil face mad

Next Venom_girl
I thought that sounded like a bad idea, creating Venom without Spider-man. Venom wants to protect the innocent AND eat spidey's brains. It's an integral part of the characterization. stick out tongue

wuTa
venom wants to protect the innocent?....have i been in a coma or something

Next Venom_girl
From the first appearance he has been concerned w/ collateral damage, that's why he wants to fight Spidey alone:
(Spidey asks him why he didn't attack him at his Aunt's house)
"A battle in the suburbs might have hurt innocent people. I like to avoid that... when possible."
Though his definition of "innocent" have varried from writer to writer-- though this could be chalked up to being one of the limitations of being insane...

Linkalicious
Venom is all about saving the innocents.....his big problem is how he handles people who harm the innocents.

Where Spiderman turns them over to the police...Venom just kills them.

Either way, you can't put Venom vs. Carnage 1-on-1....Venom needed Spiderman in order to defeat Carnage.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Throughout that last few years there have been rumors and at one point early production on a Venom film. New Line lost the rights and they reverted back to the Marvel stable and are still there presumably to await call up for an appearance in a Spider-Man film. Will Venom finally get his own film after an appearance as a villain in one of the next Spider-Man films? No one is truly sure which is why I have created this thread where we can all discuss the topic.

The current status of the film according to Countingdown.com is "Stalled" or "TBA" (To Be Announced). http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3533259

I would love to see a venom film but wouldn't he need to be introduced as a villain in a spiderman movie first? Then he could turn into a hero and then get his own movie. smile

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
I would love to see a venom film but wouldn't he need to be introduced as a villain in a spiderman movie first? Then he could turn into a hero and then get his own movie. smile

Yes he would be, which is why I said in my first post that Marvel still holds the rights to Venom most likely waiting to have him make an appearance in a Spider-Man film first.

Asian Hulk
What year could be release of the Venom movie?

TheFilmProphet
It all depends. If Venom is featured in Spider-Man 3 then we could expect a spin-off featuring him to be released in and around 2009-2010. If he is featured in a fourth Spider-Man film then we could expect to see him in his own film around 2012-2013 and if he is featured in both then it would be the same. Pure speculation of course.

Spiderman_RJ
why having a venom movie, standalone and fighting carnage?? comon, it would suck becouse carnage wouldnt kill people in the movie, and the movie would be only action and a crap.

creating an excuse for the venom logo???? why the hell u guys think they changed tha ladybug on spiderman back to a more venom like spider?/?

TheFilmProphet
That would all depend on the plot, story, and script of the film.

doctorstrongbad
I would love to see venom as a hero in his own movie. Once they have a him as the villain in a spiderman movie then everything would be set. If this works out and I think it will, do you think DC will try to copy marvel (again) with lame movies like .... Lex Luther and Clayface the movie. hehehe smile

TheFilmProphet
I completely agree, Venom is one of the best anti-heroes ever and if done properly the story could really display the kind of tragic, suspenful, and deep story fans have all been waiting for.

I definitely think and speculate that DC would indeed use Marvel's "Villain Movie" concept with some of their most popular villains.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
I completely agree, Venom is one of the best anti-heroes ever and if done properly the story could really display the kind of tragic, suspenful, and deep story fans have all been waiting for.

I definitely think and speculate that DC would indeed use Marvel's "Villain Movie" concept with some of their most popular villains.

Well DC has always copied from Marvel which is funny because DC came first. Just ask Prince Namor about his DC rip-off Aqua Man.

Okay back to the thread I would love to see a venom movie. I think it might look a lot like the spawn movie. I loved the graphics in that movie.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Well DC has always copied from Marvel which is funny because DC came first. Just ask Prince Namor about his DC rip-off Aqua Man.

Okay back to the thread I would love to see a venom movie. I think it might look a lot like the spawn movie. I loved the graphics in that movie.

Yeah I agree, there has been many instances where DC has done that. Now they are starting to do the same with their films as well.

Your probably right, a Venom film would likely be just as dark although I wouldn't like Venom to be too dark. The CGI animations/effects for the symbiote would also be reminicent of the same used for Spawn's face in his film.

misterpangass
well as we can tell the 3rd spiderman is obiously 'the return of the green goblin' , my opinion is there shude be a Spiderman movie after that with the villain being Venom or Carnage or something you know. they shude give those characters some credit in a move because they are like, the main villains in the series. but not a movie JUST based on Venom, that sounds like a bad idea. stick out tongue

misterpangass
Originally posted by wuTa
venom wants to protect the innocent?....have i been in a coma or something

dude, if you've read some of his comics, and i say 'SOME', there has been instances of him saving a innocent citizen.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Asian Hulk
What year could be release of the Venom movie?

And that's if you're lucky wink

Spiderman_RJ
hahaha good one fan boy

Doc Ock
Thanks fan boy

doctorstrongbad
A venom film would be cool if he appears in a spider-man movie first. Like the way Angel was on buffy first. Anyways... I know DC will rip off the idea. Just wait til they make Bane the movie. He will run around trying to beat up weight lifters or something stupid like that. hehe

hotsauce6548
I'd rather just see Venom in a Spider-Man movie, and not in his own.

b-dan
yes i love venom will carnage be in it!!! i love them when they fight now that would be cool but my big question is will venoms be cgi

fruits
if they want to make venom look cool he'll be in CGI

Doc Ock
Like Hulk he'll look all fake.

Next Venom_girl
http://www.pooh.cz/upload/img/1000/re-licker.jpg
The Licker from Resident Evil.
Now imagine it black with a white spider and better CGI technology which will be around by the time the movie is made... if ever...

b-dan
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
http://www.pooh.cz/upload/img/1000/re-licker.jpg
The Licker from Resident Evil.
Now imagine it black with a white spider and better CGI technology which will be around by the time the movie is made... if ever... omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can picture that wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GGgrievous725
they should put venom with spidey first because some people may not know why or how he turned out to be good guy alot of people dont ever read the comics which would make it very confusing for them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.