My CD buying spree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tptmanno1
I've been saving up my cash, and when I get this next paycheck I'm going on a CD buying spree.
And since I respect most of your opinions, I was sondering if you had any ideas or prioritys of things I should buy

I was thinking of
Tool-Opiate (because you can't go wrong with tool and I have Lateralus, Aenima and Undertow)
RHCP-Californication (I have blood sugar sex magic)
Another Deftones, any suggestions I have White Pony
Maybe some metallica but I haven't been feeling them much latly
Immortal Technique, but I don't know which one.
I was thinking Rage's Live DVD, Live at Olympic Auditorium....

Anything else I should Consider??

Darth Revan
Immortal Technique it doesn't really matter, both Revolutionary Vol. I and II are great. Though personally I prefer Silenced Revolution, but you can't really buy that anyways... If you have LimeWire or something, you should download it.

I don't have the live RATM thing. I've seen a video or two off of it... Probably worth getting, especially if you're a big Rage fan.

Anything by NIN or Bad Religion. Also if you're looking for hip hop you should check out Atmosphere. I bought "Seven's Travels" the other day and it's a great album. I think somebody who's not a huge hip hop head would like it.

SlipknoT
Slayer, lots of Slayer.

Dr. Strangelove
NIN- The Fragile (my favorite NIN CD and IMO the best)

Anything from Opeth (don't know if melodic Death/Black Metal is your thing Tptmanno1, but this band is effing amazing.)

Deftones (I only have around the fur, but I recommend it hole hardily)

For hip hop I would recommend

Viktor Vaughn- Vaudeville Villian (I think it's the best CD to start out with if you've never tried out MF Doom's stuff)

room #99
Like Dr said " Opeth " i suggest you get blackwater park or deliverance " but download a song or two before buying an album.

The mars volta " Frances the mute"

Deathblow
If you're getting Deftones, get Around The Fur.

And yeah it's been mentioned before, Vaudeville Villain if you want hip-hop. In my view it's easily the best thing Doom has done.

Oh yeah and if you see it, get In Absentia by Porcupine Tree. Judging from your taste I can tell you'd love it.

tabby999
i've got Around the Fur, i'm not a big deftones fan but its not to bad.
and anything by Bad Religion is a good buy, they're exceptional

Alpha Centauri
Pearl Necklace by Colour of Fire.

Quite possibly the best British band around today bar Radiohead.

-AC

Darth_Big_Boy
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I've been saving up my cash, and when I get this next paycheck I'm going on a CD buying spree.
And since I respect most of your opinions, I was sondering if you had any ideas or prioritys of things I should buy

I was thinking of
Tool-Opiate (because you can't go wrong with tool and I have Lateralus, Aenima and Undertow)
RHCP-Californication (I have blood sugar sex magic)
Another Deftones, any suggestions I have White Pony
Maybe some metallica but I haven't been feeling them much latly
Immortal Technique, but I don't know which one.
I was thinking Rage's Live DVD, Live at Olympic Auditorium....

Anything else I should Consider??

Get Deftones' first one Adrenaline...to me it's the best of their's to date....not including demos I have.

Tptmanno1
sweet, Im gonna download some of them first just to see what i like

Tptmanno1
Ok this is what I bought
Porcupine Tree-In absenthia
Immortal Technique-Revolutionary vol 2
Tool-Opiate
Rage Against the Machine-Live at olymipc auditorium DVD

I'll post some review once I listen to them a couple times.

Dr. Strangelove
I haven't heard any stuff from Porcupine Tree, so I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on them.

Tptmanno1
Very good.
Thats gonna be the first review up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.