Cannibal Ferox ( a.k.a. Make Them Die Slowly).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Johnlindsey289
I just got the DVD of this really cool, gross and fun 1981 Italian cannibal epic from Umberto Lenzi!

It's about these drug dealing crooks from New York who wind up in the South American jungles to find themselves with hungry tribes. It's a messed up and sick flick with scenes of decapications, breast violence ( almost like Ichi The Killer), castration and a whole buffet of stomach churning if phony looking gore with some actual animal slaughter.

It's not as grueling and realistic as "Cannibal Holocaust" and "Jungle Holocaust" in which Ferox was a cash-in. Anyone seen it? what are your thoughts on it?

RogueGambitdare
Sick........... Very sick............. yuck.............

BackFire
I thought Holocaust did everything much better.

KilledForLove
holocaust was definetly more sickier and better ...

Darth_Big_Boy
Holocaust is better.

Azrael01
i agree

WindDancer
I like this movie a lot! The animal cruelty was overdone and quite disturbing, but overall the film was quite entertaining for me. I like how Lenzi pushes the limit of gore and extreme violence in his films. There really is no comparison to Holocaust. Ferox was Lenzi attempt to make it more violent and gory than Holocaust. He was trying to top Deodato's work. Despite that I still feel Lenzi did pretty good job in this film.

tabby999
i havn't seen it, but as you used Ichi as a comparison for the brutality, i thought i'd take the time to let you know i think Ichi sucks ass. i still want to see both Holocaust and Ferox though

Azrael01
Battle Royale is better than Ichi also I thought it was more brutal than Ichi it was like a cannibal holocaust copy that is not as good.

tabby999
battle royal is damn fine

botankus
Cannibal Holocaust is much better but you gotta admit, the head-smashing scene is pretty disturbing!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.