March 25th

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Camellia
I understand that this will get deleted almost immediately but...

It's March 25th.

I think that today would be a very fitting time to thank Tolkien for what he has brought us.

So:

Thank you.

There, I thought that if it were to be done on any day, March 25th would be the best day!

Exa
lol
I just wanted to start a similar thread big grin

... I mean about the calendary system ^^ (because Saurons Fall, the 25th of Rethe, was already on March 18th...)

Thank you, Tolkien smile

Camellia
So I'm wrong? Not by the Shire Reckoning!!!

Exa
Not by shire reckoning... but Tolkien used the english month names for the shire reckoning though they had own ones (Afteryule, Solmath, Rethe and so on) which is a little confusing because their third month, by Tolkien in the book called March, is not the same as our march - because hobbit march already starts on the 22nd of february stick out tongue ... confusing... well at least in the hobbit calendary today would already be the 2nd of Astron, the next month ("april"wink stick out tongue

Camellia
Oh, I know. I'm not going by the Shire DAYS exactly. Just the years. BUT, in the Shire, they called the Gondorian New Year March 25th. That was the name of the day. I know that it isn't technically today, but it shares the same name, hence why the fans celebrate it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.