Anyone remembered seeing Oliver and Company when it originally came out in 1988?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Johnlindsey289
Well i sure as hell do, i remembered back when i was 6 in 1988 living in Omaha Nebraska sometime in december of that year, my mom and dad took me to see the movie at a mall theater and i loved it, i even saw it again and one more time after Christmas. I had some of the original merchandise such as a Plastic Sears Oliver toy, Mcdonald's finger puppets, singing Oliver and Dodger Christmas tree ornuments, a storybook, coloring book, i remembered those Mcdonald's promotions for it, pajamas and a readalong book with cassette.

Unfortunately it never came on video and i was disappointed, but i never forgotten about the movie and not even my mom and dad forgotten about it cause they still do remember the first words to the song "Why Should i Worry". But luckily back in early 1996 when i was 13 turning 14 and read an article on Disney Channel magazine saying that "Oliver and Company" will be coming back to theaters on March 29th, boy i was soooo excited even seeing the TV spots for the re-issue and trailer for the re-issue. My junior high chums also remembered seeing that movie when they were small too and were also P'oed that it never came on video, i did saw the re-issue two times and i fell in love with the movie again just like i did when i was a child.

It was also about time it finally came on video after 9 fricking years of waiting for a long lost missing piece of my 80's chilldhood to come back, i did bought the tape on the first day it came out but i did now replaced it with the DVD which DVD is superior to VHS. I Still enjoy the movie for nogalistica, that "You and Me" song is just deeply touching and beautiful yet makes me cry everytime, and Rita from that movie is a total animated hottie, boy this movie just brings back great memories of mine from the 80's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.