Book Six : Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ass Goblin
just wondering people in the 6th book do you think harry will be able to play Quidditch (spelling?) because even if dumbledor is back it was a life long ban and i dont even think big D could get him out of that

blonde_cutie
ohhh "big d" can do ne thing. and now that fudge trusts him again...

robincooper
i don't think the ministry of magic will stop him playing quidetch coz of the cicumstances with 'you know who@! smile

mika
Umbrige was a fool when she banned Harry, and Dumbledore have no reason to stop Harry play Quidditch, He will not care in that ban.

Harry X Freak64
he'll definitley be able to play quidditch again.

aragorniscool45
i hope so..........

Nefertite
roll eyes (sarcastic) That will be complicated

Ass Goblin
Also what powers do you think he will get im thinking we will learn the 3 curses that mad eye showed them

Laviera_j
wHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN?? iS HARRY GOING TO BE GIVEN SPECIAL LESSONS OVER AND OBOVE oCCLUMENY? wILL HE BE MADE TO LEARN LEGILIMENCY TOO - TO READ VOLDEMORTS MIND SO HE HAS A CHANCE AGAINST HIM??? WILL HE BECOME THE WORLDS YOUNGEST AUROR?? WILL HE STILL GET POSSESED BY VOLDEMORT UNTIL HE HAS MASTERED OCCLUMENY?? WILL HE HATE SNAPE TO THE POINT OF NOT BEING ABLE TO SIT IN CLASSES WITH HIM?

I NEEEEEED IDEAS! IM GOING STIR CRAZY THINKING ABOUT BOOK 6 - TEL ALL, AND TELL WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL eek!

aragorniscool45
well, i think that Harry MIGHT be a young Auror.

Malfoy's chick
JK told school kids that Harry might not live after the seventh book

airangel429
OR I think he may stay at the school..since he thinks of it as home anyways...and POSSIBLY stay as the DADA teacher...wouldn't that be something...

OH AND BE WITH GINNY!! big grin love

frootlooplucy
i think dumbledore will make him learn occlumency, now that its all out in the open and he understands why he has to learn it...
i think if he survives... (and im sure he will... ) he'll TRY to become an auror... but hes gonna need all those good marks, and Snape may not let him into his potions class if his marks arent good enough...

imhotep
Definitely Dada teacher, the best there ever was. And Ginny Weasley-Potter? An excellent idea.

But Dumbledore will die! Mcgonnagal will be the new Headmisstress at Hogwarts, and Snape will probably resign from teacher because of Harry and Mcgonnagal. Hermione will be the next potions teacher, she's really good at it.
Draco will definitely secretly pursue his fathers work (evil will be beat but won't disapear, Rowling is to good for a 100% happy ending)

Ron however I have no idea...

Laviera_j
Sounds good to me...

heehee!

Devilfish
Ron will beome a pro quiddich goalkeeper for his fa team

Seth7788
Hey what does everybody think will happen in the 6th harry potter book??? I think that Neville is going to start playing a larger part. I also think that Harry will be allowed to play quidditch again. He might even be captain because I doubt it would be Ron or Ginny

Nefertite
I have no idea. I haven't read 5th book yet! wacko messed messed

charmaine
i think harry will be made captain and ron and hermione will get together also ive herard that we are suppose to hear something about lily evans who is harry mother yeah something really important

crazy_c
I think harry will be made captain of the quidditch team but gives it up and Ron gets to be captain.

Phoenix
Neville will DEFINITELY have a larger part - it may even turn out that neville is the boy who can vanquish the Dark Lord

snlovergirl
except that Neville doesnt have the mark

Phoenix
yeh, but book five says that it could've been harry OR neville, its just that VOLDEMORT decided it was harry, and he coulda been wrong. so harry only has the mark because his mother died for him and voldie's curse bounced back off this ancient protection

doomboy
Oh please! You really think that after 5 novels, J.K. Rowling's gonna turn round and tell us that Harry isn't the star of the show? Good grief.
I'd say that J.K. put that bit of the prophecy in there so people would start thinking along those lines. It's a red-herring.

I agree that Neville will start playing a larger role in the next two books, but I doubt he'll be the saviour of the wizarding world.

DB xxx

ladyblueyes
totally agree with u! neville wont be the savior of the wizarding world! good gracious u think that j.k. would do something that stupid?? yea right

deafmonkey
no, it wasnt neville, because dumbledore said that there is no doubt that it is harry.

and it said voldemort would mark him as his equal. And he gave harry the scare that proved it.

crazy_c
ya

The Omega
Okay, so now that we agree Harry is Voldemorts equal (as JK lets Dumbledore point out there is NO doubt about), on with the rumour mill.

The problem is, there is nothing on the net yet. A few scant rumours of a title, but nothing even about a publishing date. I read somewhere that JK may publish 8 books instead of 7.
Any comments?

doomboy
Well she's only contracted for seven books.
Unless Bloomsbury offer to extend it to an 8 book deal, it'll just be 7. I mean, if she's already written the story in 7 parts, an eighth book will mean having to fit a whole new chunk of the story in. Which means a lot more writing, which means more delays.
Probably.

DB xxx

Anarion
Man, and Book 5 took so long. What was it.. 2 years?

doomboy
Yes, but during writing, she suffered writers block, and had a baby. They tend to take up a lot of time on their own.
If she has the story planned out for the next two, then they shoudln't take too long.

*fingers crossed*

DB xxx

r_shadix
Harry Potter and the Secret of the Veil is the tentative title for the sixth book in the amazing Harry Potter series. PLEASE NOTE: This is not official; it has not been confirmed or denied by J.K. Rowling, but the title obviously refers to an event in the sixth book that involves Sirius and the Department of Mysteries . . . I won't spoil it! smile

Phoenix
I've looked up a few spoilers for Book Six off the net - feel free to add your own!

Phoenix
Some of these are just theories, some are guesses, and some have actually been confirmed!

Phoenix
We've all heard that Dumbledore knows pretty much everything that goes on at Hogwarts. He also didn't care if he lost all his acclaim except taking his face off the chocolate frog cards. Perhaps Dumbledore is using the chocolate frog cards of himself in the same way that the portraits of old headmasters spy on others. After all, look at all the times Harry and Ron have gotten chocolate frog cards with his picture on them.

Phoenix
From what was said in book five, it would be logical to assume that Harry is Sirius's heir. So not only will Harry inherit Sirius's fortune and properties, but he will be the owner of 12 Grimmauld Place, and Kreacher's master. Harry is therefore going to have to control his feelings regarding the betrayal of Sirius (from Kreacher), and will have more responsibilities.

Phoenix
obviously, not all of these are ACTUAL spoilers, per se, but Jk keeps a tight wrap on her books, this is hard going!

Phoenix

LilyGinnyBlack
Wow, those are some really good theories! I wish I could give some, but my brother gave my fifth book to his friend and told me the day he left to go to school in California! mad Stupid brother! ::sigh:: I wonder if Sirius' motorcycle will have any importance later on? It must, I mean, JK made it so that Hagrid arrives on Sirius' motorcycle, then Harry awakes from a dream and remembers dreaming about a motorcycle, and then Uncle Vernon goes on to start talking trash about motorcycles! Something is going to happen with motorcycles, I assume! Anyway, so I guess I did make some kind of theory or guess or something! stick out tongue

mg16
wow, those r gud! eek! i can easily c how those would work, try 2 find summore, those were very great! smile

Phoenix
another thing i wondered is that, when hagrid is explaining to harry abt the houses he says something about "theres not a witch or a wizard who went bad that wasnt in slytherin" yet everyone tht Sirius was bad. Does this mean Sirius was a *gasp* SLYTHERIN?!?!?

snlovergirl
no, sirius was in gryffindor with the rest of the marauders. however, pettigrew went bad and he wasnt in slytherin.

krassin
i dont think your house detirmins whter you are good or bad,but rather your charecteristics

potterbuddies
Hey guys im just wondering if any of u have predictions for the 6th book... wink

im just hoping we'll get to see more romance between the characters !!!

DeNiro
i bought the fifth book and i still havent read it so i cant guess all i have to say is i hope ron dies i dont like ron

its_magic
i reckon it would be awsome if someone important dies like dumbledor or ron or hagrid just to make people sit up and go wow

BOPRecruit 16
i'm predicting that the next to die could be: snape, hermione, neville, or hagrid.

for a miracle: that sirius did not die, umbridge needs to go away!, draco becomes an ally to harry and co.

the obvious: harry gets closer to cho and may make hermione jealous at one point if she doesn't get with ron

i'll put more when i can think of them...

krassin
for f.uck's sake would you give up the cho thing!its over,its harry&herm,after ron dies

its_magic
well we hope so

frootlooplucy
no no no, ron and herm, its obvious people!!! open your eyes! READ the book!!
harry and... i dunno, ginny? maybe, maybe not.
and i think that snape or neville or both will die... sadsad

BOPRecruit 16
one of harry's best friends should die later, it would make a nice twist to the story. major drama/tragedy.

its_magic
hell yeah like ron or hermy hahahaha jks lol gee what a choice

loveTom
Ginny and Harry Ron and Hermione that is so obvious

apple_daisy09
what a twist it would be if in the 6th or even the 7th book JK rowling made draco and friend to harry and had him help in the fight against voldemort.
i think that hermoine will die. what a tragedy that would be for harry and ron. after all that's happened to harry he would probably go into depression.
but i guess we'll just have to wait and see.

potterbuddies
I say Ron and Hermione will get together in book 6 or be pretty close to it...

Felton's babe
but no1 knew peter was bad. thats probs y ron said it. plus sirius wasnt bad

uber123
harry might be saved by somebody in the end of the book from voldemort probally...he gets alot of luck and things and who knows voldemort might try and invade the school and kidnap a teacher and posses him/her to tell everything

sammmy
i dnt fink that will happen cos its already bin dun?

FirthFlower
I think victor Krum (book 4) will turn out to be a death eater and hermione will have to duel with him.

masterofmatrix
thumb down wacko What the f**k? rolling on floor laughing mad

Phoenix
Discussion, philosophy, chat, all about the sixth Harry potter book!

its_magic
this is cool cant wait for the goss

its_magic
of what people think lol

shaber
Who thinks that the Dementors might attempt to invade Hogwart's by means of a secret path which they discovered whilst commissioned there by the ministry... ? evil face evil face evil face evil face evil face devil

satine^cho
i just hope i has more adventures and harry have more patience, honestly now i didint enjoy d book thumb down

shaber
Umbridge evil face will assuredly return - this time in Voldemort's control! Grrrr I HATE that evil hag! mad

russ_mathers
any1 know what the new books will be called?

hotsauce6548
all i no is the sixth book will be great like all da other harry potter books. and i've always wanted to do this... no sad no expression happy eek! laughing

hotsauce6548
and this... no expression messed evil face devil

heen68
book 5 was really good but i hated the part where sirius died

witchychiky
book 5 sux

starlitegrl
am i the only person who like book 5???? i thot it was really good its .....my second favortie hp book.

Higginson
hi every1 just registered, but yeah i loved book 5. i started reading the series again from Prisoner of Azkaban, and am currently 2/3 of the way thru Order of the Phoenix. Number 5 is my favourite, but i hated it when sirius dies, he was my one of my favourite characters sad and i hate umbridge, i didint realise how much i hated her till i re-read the first half of the book.

starlitegrl
HI!!!!!!!WELCOME!!!!!!!!
finally someone esle who likes book 5........lol...

StrgzrCndyPixie
hey i like it 2 and yeah welcome

Higginson
LoL! thanx 4 the welcomes ! i think book 5 is the best, the massive duel in the ministry is the best bit in the book, along with fred and george leaving, that bit was so god damn funny!

Schizo_n_me
I think I liked it...... blink

Schizo_n_me
....bad memory, see..... wacko

Loony_Luna
Hi,
I'm new too.
I loved the 5th book as well. Ginny was awesome and Hermione too. Oh and Luna. I really think she turned out pretty good big grin And Neville too. But what do you think will happen next? In the 6th book?

crazy_c
I think book 5 was one of the best books in de series

dan_rad_hottie
hay everyone
go to role playing forum then go to "bagging harry potter"
and their is a poll for u and it askes u if u like your part of the story and the rest of u have to add your own part to the story for someone else to finish its gr8
hope to see you their

shaber
As I've already stated, I think that the Dementors will attack Hogwart's via a secret path and be repelled by DA. Umbridge will return, once again as a villlain evil face

PersefonePotter
5 was A-OK, but I favored PoA. smile

As for what is going to happen in book 6..... I dunno, but as of recently I have though of an odd thought..... (being in Star Wars mode)

What IF:

Harry became even more irritated and cruel than in 5 and "accidently" killed Ron??

babybaby
i love book 5 it was very good but there needs to have more advanger in it but it was horrable when sirius died he was harry only person that he can relat to and is the on that he loved so much it was very sad it was like was the on that lost the him in my life
i had a passion for him
i hope he comes back in so way or it will not be the same

Loony_Luna
Rowling wouldn't do that. If Ron gets killed (which I hope won't happen) he'll probably die trying to save Harry or something like that.

cheerchik26
hey everyone... i am new here and i know this may sound CraZ , but i haven't finished the 5th book yet... i bought it on the release date but i have been so busy but who is this Luna everyone keeps talking about?? cuz on the thread bout how can u get a role in the HP movies and everyone sed they wanted to b luna....

bLooMiLiCioUs
she's this girl who's a li'l off in the head according to the other students - but actually,she makes some pretty gd points n has sum gd views,n is a great fren to harry - he can kinda relate to her since she's seen death and so has harry - even more so aft sirius's death
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH when sirius died i was CRYIN n CRYIN (note:this was at 4:30am the day aft the release -i never sleptwink) n i cursed rowling like CRAZY....refused to touch the bk for a whole 30 min....but heh heh...who can resist readin on... embarrasment i think i had scared my parents by screamin so loud...ha ha....but damn...it SHLD NOT HAVE HAPPENED!!!!it was like, one moment he's all triumphant n the next - GONE!!!!!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/crybaby.gif

PersefonePotter
I know that Harry killing Ron wouldn't realisitically happen, but its an odd thought, don't ya think??

I can see Harry killing someone, really I can. With as aggressively angry as he was in OotP.....

shaber
Let's hope he gets Umbridge perhaps? Though he seemed to be more anxious to attack Bellatrix...

notahospital
Book 3 and 5 were my definite favorites. I think it's mostly because those are the books where you discover more stuff.

thorncrawler
heelo people if you wanna talk about book 5 go to the book 5 thread this is a thread about book 6

2Coupe
Im hoping in book six they reveal a long lost older brother, whom at the time of the voldemort attack was fused with harry using an ancient spell, through the 17years he has lived in australia with a dumbledore appointed guardian he starts studying magic a year late putting him on par with the trio, he like harry is talented with quidditch and defence against the dark arts. As they were fused at the time of the attack it makes sense for the older brother to be the one that tries to kill voldemort and sacrifices himself so that harry can kill the evil mongrel and live his life in peace, bring in a character that hasnt been around and kill him off instead, although if harry kills percy (who should become a death eater) id be happy percy is a git

Laviera_j
Has anyone considered the fact that Voldamort can penatrate Harry's mind - hjes going to be occupied with learning to kill voldemort and getting him out of his head.

He has to survive first of all, and Vodemort has access to his brain. He will be possessed I think untill he learns to fight it.

Linkalicious
I just hope that we learn more about James and Lily Potter in the next book. I think their story is much more interesting that Harry's story. And I like how James tries to show off in order to get "Evans" to like him, so typical of guys at school. Oh and for the love of God please bring back the Quidditch matches. I won't even read the 7th book if something happens to the quidditch season in the 6th book.

andyb44
Ok first off Harry will not be possessed by Voldemort, in 5 Dumbledore tell Harry that Voldemort can't stand being within a vessel so filled with love for his friends.

Obvious, Ron will be turned to Voldemort's side. How many times has Ron been embarrassed by his family's financial situation? He's said it in just about every book so far, the one quote that stands out in my mind is "Why is everything I own rubbish?" I believe that's from GoF. The situation Ron's in, always playing second fiddle to Harry will buid up in side him and he will begin to hate Harry almost as much as Snape hated Harry's father

Harry will begin to see Ginny in a new light.

In Book 7 Harry will take the job of Defense Against Dark Arts Teacher.
Harry will NOT kill Voldemort in either book 6 or 7. That duty will fall to Neville Longbottom.
IMHO Neville is more powerful than anyone knows.
Everything that happened to Neville in the series to date can be explained one way. He doesn't know how to control the power he's got.

Linkalicious
Your Ron theory is only too likely and that scuuurrrrsss me. I don't know about a student becoming a teacher during their 7th year, unless Harry does something to earn it during his 6th year. And if Neville Longbottom is the guy who kills Voldemort....i'm burning every bookstore on the west coast. JK might as well have written 7 books about Neville because his story would have probably been just as entertaining as Harry's. "Neville Longbottom: And the Sorcerer's Stone"

Antaraka
Things I hope to happen. Harry, Ron, and Hermoine become Animigius. Umm, yeah I hope Harry is so ill tempered, and I pray Umbridge doesn't come back. Any guesses to who the new defence against the dark arts? As for the plot...to many ideas to list or to lazy to list them.

belldandy
well, i read somewhere that Ron has a crush on Lavender Brown, but that at the end he falls in love with Hermione... witch everybody spects...
i also heard that Voldemorts marc will appear over the weasleys house...

and like ANDYB44, i guess harry will see ginny in a new light... im almost sure...

Antaraka
Pfft...pfft!!!! Dun see it that way lol :-D Harry and Hermoine, cause...dunno just seems to work better than Ron and Hermoine. IN my opinion Harry just shows more intrest in her...bye bye.

belldandy
oh, no!! i hope not!!
i wouldnt like seen harry with hermione!! iyac!!!

.... or maube i wouldnt like to see dan with emma... mmm...
wateva!! no way, wouldnt accept harry and hermione!!

nephalim27
Wasn't the title for book six official announced? I forgot what it was, but I didn't like the sound of it..

Kai_Haider
Shaber I completely agree with you, that would kick @ss. rock
I can't wait until the next book comes out. reading
eek! I never thought of it but that Ron thing makes complete sense! eek!

And I hope Harry and Hermione hook up. yes

PEACE,
Kai

andyb44
Well, let's look at Harry's record to Date while attending Hogwarts.

Defeated Voldemort in his first year.
Defeated Tom Riddle/Voldemort in his second year plus killing the basilisk.
Repelled a herd of Dementors and helped prove Sirius wasn't a murderer. Third Year.
Fourth Year Triwizard Champion, again survived Voldemort and helped expose the Deatheater at Hogwarts.
Fifth Year, Teaches Defense against the dark arts to his fellow students, leads a raid on the Ministry of Magic against a lot of powerful deatheaters.

And remember I siad in the 7th book, not 7th year, after he graduates Harry will need a job and he's stated any number of times in the books that Hogwarts is his home.
Harry will fail at becoming an Auror, Dumbledore will note the extensive work Harry has done in Defense Against the Dark Arts and by the end of the book after he's graduated Harry will be offered the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher. And he will remain at that post for years.
Harry knows how to defend against the darkest of wizards, and he knows how to teach. AND he likes it! Remember the line in the fifth book that said something to the effect of how proud Harry was at the progress of his pupils in the DA?
Harry's a Teacher, he just doesn't know it yet. But I'd be willing to be that Dumbledore does.

airangel429
I AGREE IN HIM BECOMING THE DADA TEACHER! A TON OF SIGNS POINT THAT WAY AND I AGREE WITH ANDY!

JRIndy
Hi! I am new, just found this thread when I was looking for info on the new book, hope it comes out soon. I think I am a Harry-Potter adict. I wish Sirius hadn't died, I actually cried when I thought about Harry not having any family anymore. I reckoned he could have gone and live with his godfather in Grimmauld Place. Now I wish Lupin will care for Harry. I like him as well. By the way I liked book 5, especially the part when Harry is in Snape's memories.

airangel429
I want to know more about James and Lily as well. I dunno about that Ron theory...HOWEVER........Hermoine and Harry will say Lord Voldemort's name and Ron will not........JK MIGHT have planned that...to lead to Ron falling into the wrong area.

I do think Neville will have to kill Voldemort.....b/c Harry got his mark from Lord V HOWEVER...he picked up some of his powers...so they can't really fight against each other.

AND I DON'T THINK ANYONE EXCEPT GINNY WILL BECOME AN ANIMAGI. She has TOO many clues...JK always describes her with cat like things.

Kristina
Humm... I'm not sure whether Harry or Neville have to kill Voldemort at all!! But I do believe that if one of the guys ends up with Hermione it will be Ron. I reckon he already fancies Hermione in the fourth book, he was so angry with Krum (I bet he was jealous!), he gave Hermione Parfume for Christmas (not a silly book like Harry), he was kind of speechless when Hermy kissed him on his cheek, he asked Harry what Hermy liked about Krum, he called Krum names, he didn't wanted Hermy to talk with Krum... And after the "Snape's worst memory"-chapter Harry thought that Hermy and Ron arguing "remains him of Mr and Mrs Weasley" - Got it?!

bLooMiLiCioUs
i think ron'll end up with herm toobig grin i think they'll make a cute couple toobig grinbig grin

Katie Bell
~That is true! Hermione and Ron or Harry and Hermione or Harry and Giiny. I thinking too much. LOL! I think anything can happen with them. I like the 5th book too. So anything can happen!~

bLooMiLiCioUs
harry n hermoine...i dun think so...i hope not too...and i dun think i'd like the idea of harry with ginnysad haha...but i'm glad he's more or less over cho i can't STAND that blubbering underhanded fake
artificial -PEEP- (that word got censoredwink)

airangel429
Ya know...I was always a Hermy/Ron shipper....but lately...it would make sense for JKR to put Hermy with Draco...JUST b/c it would contradict what Draco always preaches about mudbloods...IT WOULD BE A HUGE TWIST.............HUGE!!!

mrsharryjpotter
i definitely love book 5. for those of you that thought harry was a little too angry in this book..hey hes a teenager. it definitely happens. friends get you mad, school gets you stressed. its definitely not all fun and games anymore. youve gotta look at your future more. im surprised he didnt have a nervous break down!! i love how j k rowling made it as real as possible.

Antaraka
Now only if he could get over his first kiss...but I guess its possible my brother's a junior (17) and hardly had is....I always pictured it being Hermoine and Harry, not Ron. Also if by chance they do become Animugi, what form do you think they'll take?

Harry-Something of Stag, or Snake
Hermoine-Cat
Ron-Who the hell knows..not a spider though.

One last question, what will Harry's summer be like in the next book, im willing to bet atleast a good 150 pages ATLEAST.

bLooMiLiCioUs
oooooooooooo i totally LOVED fred n george in bk 5!!!!!all hail to the weasley twins!!!!!! when i read it i was laughin my ass off and when fred was like, "give her hell frm us,Peeves" i was like...http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/pray.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/notworthy.gif

andyb44
I think the sixth book will start out with Harry still mourning Sirius and he'll become distant from Hermione and Ron. He'll realize just how much he risked with his fool-hardy "rescue" missions. He could very well have gotten them all killed..
Malfoy, on orders of Voldemort or his father will attempt to draw Ron away from Harry, by offering him what he doesn't have. Mayfoy and Ron will set a trap for Harry probably in Hogsmeade.
They'll hold him prisoner until Voldemort can get there to kill Harry.

Linkalicious
JK already said that Harry, Hermoine, and Ron weren't going to become animagi, but interesting thought about Ginny becoming one. Of course, it says that becoming an animagi is extremely difficult and it took the Marauders years to accomplish it, so Ginny better start practicing. Malfoy would have to do something that would make Ron think he "might not be so bad," and then buy him a firebolt or something. That would probably turn Ron into a Malfoy follower. But for Ron to intentionally harm Harry, he would have to get in a fight with Harry or he would have to be controlled by Voldy. None of this sounds likely, but these books are very surprising so i wouldn't rule out the possiblility.

andyb44
Well, when you think about it it kind of makes sense.
Voldemort co-opted Pettigrew to get to Harry in the first place. And he had to be a trusted friend for the Potters to make him their secret keeper.
Remember, that during the cold war the US got it's best intelligence from people who were all ready working in the Kremlin just the same as the USSR got it's best intelligence from people working for the US government.
Voldemort wants to kill Harry, what better way than to co-opt his best friend? And of the three, Ron is the weak link. He craves a better life, he's embarrassed that his family is not well off financially. And Ron is a follower. He's not the brightest kid in the world either and that along with his other character flaws make him a great person for Voldemort(or his agents(Malfoy)) to target him to get to Harry.
Though I'm sure that if it does happen, Rowling will use the Imperious curse to explain Ron's treachery.

Antaraka
Well in the sixth book, I think maybe just maybe some odd circumstances will come where Harry really fights Malfoy till something serious happens. Or Malfoy backs off. I think Harry will miraculously get an O on his O.W.L.s and well take potions with snape, cuz well think about it ppl, shes made snape into such a huge character in the books, and she wont drop him. It'd be like dropping Mgonagal or Dumbledore. Another thing will happen, is they'll get a good Defence against the Dark Arts, and if they're really lucky they'll get Lupin...da'd be cool. Lupin again..

I do wonder about Gwarp though...Gwarp is cool

No0ne
Hey, I'm new here, recent and just came out of the oven big grin. But as I was not saying . . . I have seen the *cover* of the sixth book. I forgot the place where it was, but it was from the UK edition, and it said : Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch. It had a pic of Harry holding a toch and then two wizards, Dumbledore and/or Fudge in a staricase while Harry was like running holding a torch on his hand. I dunno, but that's a bit too obvious, but who knows?

Harry/Hermione is just wrong
Harry/Ginny can happen
Harry/Luna is the best!

Ron/Hermione is good
Ron/Luna, do?
Ron/Ginny is just wrong
Ron/Malfoy is just hot!

Hermione/Ron is OK
Hermione/Harry is blech!
Hermione/Ginnyis dumb
Hermione/Luna is numb!

Dumbledore/Harry is wrong!
Dobby/Harry is horrible and dumb!
Filch/Harry is disgusting
and so are Snape's cousins

Antaraka
Why is Everyone disgusted by Harry/Hermoine?

Kai_Haider
I Think Hermoine and Harry would be great!!! smile

bester
harry potter 6
keeper of the keys?

that is what i hear...

andyb44
Well, the title is kind of up in the air at the moment, because it was just announced that JK Rowling just started work on Book Six(scifi channel website, I'd post the link but the board gods have denied me the ability to post links because I'm too new here)
I wouldn't expect publication of book six until Fall 2004 at the earliest but Summer 2005 is more likely.

airangel429
OOOOOOOH AND I FOUND THIS ON HP LEXICON......

(learn human transfiguration in the sixth year at Hogwarts (GF26))

SO MY THEORY IS THAT MCCONNAGOL IS GOING TO BE TEACHING THEM HOW TO TRANSFORM INTO ANIMAGI.

I do think they all will take on a certain animal...BUT I dont know if they will be registered...it's supposed to be VERY HARD!!!!

IF they do take on the form...here's what I think..

Hermoine..WILL NOT BE A CAT...but is stated that she'll possibly be an otter...b/c that is what her Patronus was.

Ron...I really don't know. Maybe a sort of bird...or an owl.

Harry: A Horse..like his patronus...or a snake

GINNY: WILL BE A CAT....she is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS talked about in cat descriptions.

Neville: a frog???

Luna: a unicorn or something magical

firenze
i like the 5 th book laughing

Luna150
BTW harrys patronous isn't a horse its a stag yes
They are very diferent but never mind. I like your idea of Luna turning into a unicorm . Luna rox my sox

firenze
Book 5 is the best in the series so far big grin confused laughing laughing out loud

firenze
Book 5 is the best in the series embarrasment yes angel laughing laughing out loud cool wink stick out tongue

belldandy
well i have a lot of news of the 6th book, not sure if they are real... but there they go:
well it seems that harry is out of hogwarts and send to azkaban...
voldemort would rry to kill hermione but she will only go to the nursery...

Antaraka
wha? en ingles porvavor.

azyne
You people are crazy if you didn't like OotP. In fact, you're crazy if you don't like any one of the HP books. They all rock. The fifth one isn't my favourite, GoF's already taken that position (lemme guess StarLite, that's your fave too?) but it was so different. Very dark and depressing. GoF's storyline was better, but OotP was so very cool with all the stuff happening. Anyhoo, the 6th is going to be even better. Since it's longer. I can't wait for it!!!

Luna150
iN A TV INTERVIEW jk ROWLINGSAID THE NEXT BOOK WIL BE ABOUT THE SAME SIZE OF TGOF WHICH IS MY FAV BOOKD :d.

Kai_Haider
I think the fist 2 suck, luckily I read the 3 one first smile

andyb44
The first book read like what it was a kid's book
The second through fifth have a more "adult" voice to them, but that could just be Rowling feeling more comfortable with the characters and in writing in general. HP1 was her first try at writing a novel and it shows. She's steadily gotten better.

frootloops9876
i didn't like the 5th all too much because of harry's attitude problem, it was mostly pretty good, though the prophecy thing confused me.... o well i suppose i'll just go reread it. About the Neville thing though that dumdledore mentioned, wouldn't that be really insane if it turned out the Neville became a hero????? He is becoming more and more of a key character if you've noticed...... but that might just be me since i've grown rather fond of him since i saw the movies... ;-P geez, i'm talking all proper whats up with that

Luna150
I like harry attitude think of what the poor guys been thru it about time he grew a spine

Antaraka
ya

weegie
hang on, how can hermione turn animagi into an otter? thats just stupid, how many otters do yu see walkin aroun?

Lady Snake
Hi I'm new!
I loved book five it's my second favourite (after book three) does any one have any idea when the sixth book is being released?
Also it's official Harry Potter 3 film is released in cinemas june 4th how good is that?!?!?!
Lady Snake ~S~

the lost boys
harry potter is quite rubbish isnt it?

LegolasIsMyMan
6th "Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch" and the
7th "Harry Potter and the Fortress of Shadows"

Will those answers do??

cheeseburger57
book 5 was the best. im new and i wanted to get my thoughts in also

jack's dudess
Harry pot-head's last book was really really bad!

but the troube is JK's richer than the queen right now............she can real out any old crud for the last two books!

as for the films...........

szhismine
i loved book 5. definately one of the best so far.

i can't wait to see the movie for it. smile

i found it slightly different from the other 4, though. it seemed... i dunno how to describe it. it seemed a bit detached from the series. does that make any sense?

i'm extremely anxious for the 6th book. i wanna know how many OWLs Harry got. big grin

andyb44
You know, I kinda wonder if Dobby could take on Voldemort? I mean, he seemed pretty powerful in CoS when he attacked Lucius Malfoy without a wand yet!

heatherfeather7
I think book 5 was definately one of the best of the series. Fred and George were hilarious, Umbridge was a big fat hag, and poor bumbling Neville is finally showing some magical talent.

burlyman
how many books are there?

Caribbean_Chick
there is 5 right now and seven overall cuz therz seven yrz @ hogwartz

Caribbean_Chick
I'm pretty sure Neville and Luna will have key parts on the sixth book because that would make SOOOOOO much sense lol.. and I think Lupin will kind of take the place of Sirius.. not that anyone can add up to him because he rocks but to Harry he will seem like a new godfather and play that kind of part.. if you though Harry's attitude was bad in the fifth wait until the sixth.. imagine what you would be like if one of the closest people to your parents and one of the only relatives and your last hope kinda dude died!that would really suck.. I think that Harry won't turn into a stag if he does become an animagi because that would be too much like his Father.. I bet it'll be a dog like thing like Sirius or something along the lines of that.. I think Hermione's will probably be an otter because that will be her patronus although that would be very very weird, Ginny would have to be a cat no doubt because she has always been a cat person and given a cat description, I think Ron will become either a rat(like Scabbers/Peter Pettigrew) or a spider(because he is scared to death of them), I think Neville will be some kind of animal that relates to his personality(something timid yet brave but clumsy) and I think Malfoy will be a ferrit because that would funny(relating back to Moody's teaching days)

well that was long but oh well stick out tongue

burlyman
i heard there was 6

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>