The Rasmus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hannah Joanne
I am a very big fan of The Rasmus (as you can see from my signature wink) and was just wondering what other KMC forum members think of them. smile

jaden101
sorry but the rasmus are terrible...oh how we all laughed when they got booed off stage and pelted with bottles of piss at reading last year

Hannah Joanne
jaden 101, that was NOT funny and I, for one, was not laughing! People are so cruel to throw stuff at them! Even if you don't like their music, what happened at Reading is still wrong! I hope The Rasmus play Reading this year to show the people who threw stuff at them that they have not discouraged them from playing at the Reading festival or, if they don't play there this year (because they are busy making a new album at the moment), they do so in the future!

Korri
Rasmus suxxx scared

jaden101
Originally posted by Hannah Joanne
jaden 101, that was NOT funny and I, for one, was not laughing! People are so cruel to throw stuff at them! Even if you don't like their music, what happened at Reading is still wrong! I hope The Rasmus play Reading this year to show the people who threw stuff at them that they have not discouraged them from playing at the Reading festival or, if they don't play there this year (because they are busy making a new album at the moment), they do so in the future!

i hope they play at reading this year also...cause im going...and i would like to be one of the people that chucks a bottle of piss at them

and i hope they get bottles of piss chucked at them at EVERY festival they play at...cause they deserve it...just for being the rasmus and subjecting the world to OOO...ooo OOOO.... oooo...

Darth Revan
They suck erm

DEFCON One
the Rasmus are shit. they got popular off one song and it was terrible. how can u like a band like that?

SnakeEyes
I do not like them...

Dag987
I love the Rasmus, I think that they are a very good band. the only problem I have with them is that they sound better on cd than they do live! and to me thats not how it should be. When u go to one of their concerts u should be blown away with how amazing they sound...when I heard them live...well...they were a bit dissapointing. I have their older albums and the music on that is a hell of a lot better because now they have become a bit over produced....shame

Libertine
I hate the rasmus. When i came to college in Sepember, these lads were tralking about reading, and they said they threw some bottles at the rasmus then at 50 cent. It was kinda harsh when a little girl was crying at the festival cos she'd only come to see the rasmus then they got bottled off.

Red Superfly
The thing is, they couldn't have been glass bottles, cos they aren't allowed on site. Sounds worse than it actually is.

I don't think anyone deserves physical abuse like that. The best insult and protest would have been for everyone to walk away or stand there in silence.

Also, The Rasmus aren't there this year. You can see the new line-up for Leeds now, which is the same as Reading.

http://www.leedsfestival.com/displayPage.asp?PageID=233

I'm definitely going. As soon as I saw The Foo Fighters, QOTSA, Kasabian and Iron Maiden on there I had to go.

Alpha Centauri
Good.

I'm glad 50 Cent got bottled off stage. The Rasmus too. Apparantly they all threw mud also.

-AC

Libertine
Yeah they did, imagine wiping mud from your eyes just in time to see a bottle of piss hurtling towards you. lol.

slashwristbarbi
lol, I have to admit that is funny^

I don't like the Rasmus, but I don't hate them either. If other people like them, im not going to condemn them. And I think the people who threw stuff at them (glass bottles or not) need to grow up and realize just because they don't like someone, it doesnt give them the right to hurt them and people who do like them ( I mean both physically and emotionly)

Hope fully that didnt sound too pretentious!

jaden101
damn...im sure there will be someone worth throwing bottles of piss at...i might set up a stall selling bottles of piss for 3 bucks a go...

jaden101
hahaha...check the link and guess who is gonna get bottles of piss thrown at them at t in the park

http://www.tinthepark.com/lineup05.html

Alpha Centauri
Only 4 bands there that interest me.

Not all of them would get bottled though. Some of them I just don't like, no reason to bottle. A few of the main stagers would get bottled though.

-AC

Hannah Joanne
Originally posted by DEFCON One
the Rasmus are shit. they got popular off one song and it was terrible. how can u like a band like that?
"In The Shadows", the song I assume you are referring to, was the first of their songs that I heard, but I am also a fan of their previous songs (I have all six of their albums so I do not simply a fan because of one song!).

To those posting about Reading, I hope The Rasmus do not play there this year anymore so that they won't be hurt by immature people who, just because they don't like a band, feel they have the right to throw things at them - they are people just like you and me! How would you feel if you had a "bottle of piss" thrown at you?

Deathblow
Originally posted by jaden101
hahaha...check the link and guess who is gonna get bottles of piss thrown at them at t in the park

http://www.tinthepark.com/lineup05.html

I hope Miss Stone and Mr Dogg don't forget their umbrellas.

Darth_Lucifer
im sad to say...they suckbig grin

Darth Revan
laughing

*sigh* I wish I lived in the UK... sad

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Only 4 bands there that interest me.

Not all of them would get bottled though. Some of them I just don't like, no reason to bottle. A few of the main stagers would get bottled though.

-AC

lets see how well i know you AC

the 4 bands would be

new order
queens of the stone age
the foo fighters

and the last one i would have to guess audioslave

Darth Revan
I don't think those are the bands AC had in mind. erm

Alpha Centauri
Audioslave, Jimmy Eat World, Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters.

Not New Order.

You don't know ME well at all. You know my partial music taste.

-AC

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

You don't know ME well at all

thank heaven for small miracles

Alpha Centauri
No, don't thank me buddy.

-AC

Blue Dragon
Everyone don't like them erm but they are OK but I've heard better, I'd say they're decent enough

the_rasmus_rox
Personally I think you're all being childish. I mean everyone has the right to their own opinion, but when it comes to harming other people that's just uncivilized. How dare you say something so terrible. I bet if it was you up on that stage you'd be scared shitless. It's aweful people like you are in this world. I hope you never have children.

As for you other Rasmus lovers, as Lauri would say "Keep it unreal".

~Anna~

RedAlertv2
you're right. if i was up on that stage i would be scared shitless. and i would propably be booed off stage too. but then again, im only 15, not 20. And the Rasmus have obviously dedicated their lives to their music, which is what makes it so funny that they suck. Sure, i would get booed off stage. But im not a member of a prefessional band like they are.

Hannah Joanne
Originally posted by the_rasmus_rox
Personally I think you're all being childish. I mean everyone has the right to their own opinion, but when it comes to harming other people that's just uncivilized. How dare you say something so terrible. I bet if it was you up on that stage you'd be scared shitless. It's aweful people like you are in this world. I hope you never have children.

As for you other Rasmus lovers, as Lauri would say "Keep it unreal".

~Anna~
Hey "the_rasmus_rox" *hugs* smile - a fellow TR fan!

The Rasmus' new album, "Hide From The Sun", is set for worldwide release on September 12th, 2005, with the first single being released on August 29th, 2005. I can't wait eek! !

nick1811
ohh yay! no expression

Hannah Joanne
Originally posted by nick1811
ohh yay! no expression
Is that a sarcastic "Ohh yay" or an actual "Ohh yay"?

nick1811
its sarcastic, thats what the emotionless smiley is for...

Hannah Joanne
Originally posted by nick1811
its sarcastic, thats what the emotionless smiley is for...
Oh, right. I just wasn't sure. sad
Well, I'm happy anyway. Roll on August and September! big grin

Lake District
I love The Rasmus and i've been a fan since In The Shadows came out and i really dont like anyone disrespecting them as they are a truly awesome band and i've even tattooed their logo on my left shoulder and i found out that it is in the exact same place as Lauri's Bjork tattoo and i'm on a few forums for them as well and my fav song by them is " Sail Away "

jaden101
Wow...5 years TO THE DAY that someone posted in this thread...You have to wonder why people even dig these threads up.

Lake District
Loyal fan of The Rasmus now 7yrs

Eon Blue
I like some of their songs.

Ranmyuka
Hannah Joanne,

You have been curious to thoughts to what people think of popular band The Rasmus. I think they are a very talented band. They are underatted and not appreciated for the passion they have put into there songs experimenting with various songs but the songs all lead me to the same result of touched and moved heart.

There have also been snide remarks made of this talented band of how they ''deserve to be bottled'' when i do not agree with, i do apologise on there behalf as they cannot help their irratable behaviour from slum like cities where there families can barely afford electricity as they are the people i refer to when i say dont appreciate said bands talent.

Sincerely a fan of The Rasmus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.