heralders of galactus vs. GL (corp)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Heralders of Galactus
silver surfer
morg
terrax
firelord
airwlker
nova
stardust (new)
vs.
Green lantern corp
hal jordan
alan scott
kyle Rayner
John sterwart
guy gardner
kilawog

please know your facts

Scoobless
this thread isn't EXACTLY the same but give it a look

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=316612&highlight=herald+lantern

King Burger
I go with the Heralds.

I wonder how is a Green Lantern's powers any different,
both in their nature and in their extent, to that of
Quasar?

I always thought that Silver Surfer was more powerful
than Quasar, so he may very well be more powerful
than a Green Lantern.

And Scoobless, I just read that entire other thread,
pretty good one. Thanks.

long pig
heralders?

kgkg
GL corp are over reated.

Look what Doomsday did.

thire power are only limited to thier imagination LMAo

funny shit then why the hell did they loose to DD.

they will give a good fight hal will be most touble.

but people should use other things to back Gl.
instead of crap like imagination shit.

eleveninches
A GL's abiity is restricted by WILLPOWER!

kgkg
that's why that willpower stoped DD

jrodslam
Alan Scott isnt a GL corp member. That kinda hurts the GL chances concidering hes probably the 2nd most powerful ring user next to Hal if not the most powerful. Are you gonna include him anyways?

the Darkone
yes

Jason8200
First I noticed that there were 7 Heralds chosen and only 6 GLs... it should not be a problem at all.

GL power taps into power from DCs Source (God). This power allows them to do numerous things... travel faster than the speed of light, project forcefields, time travel, become invisible, project any object they can think of, increases their strength exponentially, flight, allows the wearer to animate inanimate objects (such as statues etc.), heat resistant, project exact copies of themselves, psychic abilities (use on people and defend from) and survive in black holes... immense pressures etc. The strength ot all of those levels depends on the WILL of the wearer. With someone such as Hal Jordan almost anything can be done. Now out of all of the GLs you chose they all have different qualities that can help them beat the **** out of Galactus' Heralds.

Hal Jordan became Parallax... end of story for all of the Heralds right there. Absorbed the entire Central Battery... etc. His will allowed him to travel to the 70th century even before he became Parallax.

Alan Scott has a power ring but also has magic.. even after he got rid of his ring, the power was still in him and came out in his daughter.

John Stewart has the power of Guardian inside of him. That means he can take any restriction off of his ring, charge power rings himself (doesnt need a power battery) immortal... Godly knowledge all of that stuff.

Kilowog was a trainer of the GL Corp so he knows all of the tricks in the book. Knows everything that can be done with a power ring.

Guy Gardner is part Vuldarian so he can change parts of his body to weapons, change his size, more invulnerable, ages much more slowly... that stuff with a GL power ring? Goodnight.

Jason8200
Next is Kyle Rayner. His ring is impervious to Yellow... something the other power rings are not. His ring also holds the most power out of all of the power rings, does not have to be recharged as often. But the main thing that he can do that would allow him to take on the Heralds is he can add other peoples wills to his own. So if he can add all of the other GLs will to his own... with the already stated fact that once you put multiple GLs together at the same time the rings power already increases.... Im sorry but the Heralds dont have anything that compares.

Now just to show that I am not speaking of things I dont know about... I will list the Heralds and their powers.

They all have the Power Cosmic (same thing that powers GL ring) given to them by Galactus. All can fly through various means. Amplified strength. Become more invulnerable, etc.

Silver Surfer - Flies with the use of his surf board at speed of light. Class 100 strength, rearrange molecules, and can generate force blasts.

Terrax - Ax that creates destructive waves. Class 75 strength, .75 speed of light. Has power over rocks and earth.

Firelord - Class 50 strength, project flames from his body, go speeds near speed of light uses his fire stick or whatever. But his brain is still organic humanoid therefore is vulnerable to telepathy.

AirWalker - Stron gas the Thing (Class 70 strength), power over heat electricity and Magnetism, flies near light speed.

Nova - Class 2 strength, enhanced endurance, flight, resistance to injury.

The other two Stardust and Morg I dont know much about.

Jason8200
I doubt they could be anymore powerful than the others.

As you can see the GLs could easily beat the Heralds. The Guardians that created them have been around since time began just like Galactus... there are a lot of similarites between the two but in the end the GLs have been able to adapt more and are still growing more and more powerful while the Heralds seem to be getting weaker and weaker.

kgkg
Originally posted by Jason8200
I doubt they could be anymore powerful than the others.

As you can see the GLs could easily beat the Heralds. The Guardians that created them have been around since time began just like Galactus... there are a lot of similarites between the two but in the end the GLs have been able to adapt more and are still growing more and more powerful while the Heralds seem to be getting weaker and weaker.

and you can prove this how.

Gl are nothing to the herald , the only problem will be Hal (his will power)

but by the likes or morg they are outmatch.

The stonger heralds will beat DD with no Problem.

the guy who messed the whole Gl got screwd (ya the GL are very strong)

in the comic parralax need surfer's help(very powerful)

Jason8200
Originally posted by kgkg
and you can prove this how.

Gl are nothing to the herald , the only problem will be Hal (his will power)

but by the likes or morg they are outmatch.

The stonger heralds will beat DD with no Problem.

the guy who messed the whole Gl got screwd (ya the GL are very strong)

in the comic parralax need surfer's help(very powerful)

First... could you please try to use proper english? Half of each sentence is past tense and half is future tense. Second you have used no supporting evidence at all.

GLs have cosmic power also... both can create/ change matter... added strength... flight... energy projection... force fields... the main differences are:
1. GLs powers increase as much as their WILL will "will" them to.
2. Parallax (Hal Jordan) could probably take them all himself.
3. John Stewart since he has the all the knowledge and power of an actual Guardian (among the oldest and wisest beings in the Universe, created GL Main Power Battery, etc.) he will tear them up.
4. Guy Gardner is part Vuldarian... turn his body into a weapon itself... increase his size and strength.
5. Allan Scott among also having GL power also has magic.
6. Kyle Rayner can add others WILL to his own... He could add Hal Jordans and everyone elses to his own and do anything.
7. When you get GLs together their strength increases and they actually work together... almost everytime Galactus' Heralds get together they fight eachother much less combine forces to fight someone else.

Draco69
Good arguement. I have no idea because I know next to nothing about the heralds.

LordFear
Heralders have one thing that GL don't have and that's internal power source. Yes GLs have or are fueled by willpower but the ring NEEDS recharging, that's why in the long run, GLs are not the kind of guys who can wage a fight that will last. They need to get in and end it quickly and in this case that an easy feat because their opponents won't go down like chumps.

Draco69
I don't think the battle would last for 48 hours though. Could happen.

Good Point.

kgkg
the herald will end the battle quick.

people that don't think so read some silver surfer comic , galactus , FF4 were they are show.

each are extreme powerul , capable of light speed , some can blow starts , some can move new york into the sky. etc.

will power like i said it's bullshit were was the will power when DD attack.

GL might win agaist less powerful openent like Mu earth like Iron , hulk etc. but these cosmic beings are in another level espicially the higher ones.

Jason8200
True they do have to be recharged but that is only because the Guardians put that restriction on there because they did not wish for the GLs to become crazy with power... the same reason they made the rings weak against the color yellow. They actually have to be recharged every 24 hours but it takes only about 30 seconds to do so but there are exceptions:
Kyle Rayners ring holds more power and does not have to be recharged every 24 hours but more like every 3 - 4 days. But it takes him 3 minutes to recharge it.
John Stewart since he has the powers of a Guardian doesnt need to recharge. He became one with his power ring when he supposedly ate it or something.
Hal Jordan (Parallax) absorbed the Central Power Battery and no longer needs a ring at all.
Guy Gardner uses a yellow ring now (same one Sinestro used in the Qward Galaxy) so it does not need to be recharged.
So the only two that will need to recharge it after 24 hours would be Kilowog and Alan Scott but I think even after Alan got rid of his ring he still retained the powers.

Jason8200
GL was not even there when DD attacked.

He was on Oa powering his ring. But good try anyways.

LordFear
yeah Heralders, that's a whole new ballgame.
Those guys have so much ways that they could defeat GLs.
They have cosmic awareness therefore would know who their opponents are and their power source.
Cosmically these beings are just too strong.
IT'S a whole new level of power here all together for GLs.

Draco69
Isn't it mighty convinent for DD for the people who could stop DD besides Supes to be out of commission.

MM was some black guy.

WW was at a fourth of her strength.

GL was not on Earth.

Where the hell were Zatanna or Dr. Fate?

Jason8200
Like I said KG show evidence of to the extent of their power. And why their Cosmic Power is so much better than GLs. Out of all of the Heralds listed... Silver Surfer is the one with the most powerful, am i wrong?

the Darkone
each heralder has the power of cosmic, each one can rearranged matter our drawing energy from another being. Bascily the heralders will absorb all GL corp power leaving them powerless while the power of cosmic is unliminted. Knowledge dosen't mean sh**t when your a pile of ash.

silver surfer vs greenlantern(kyle rayner) lost twice bad in crossovers

LordFear
Cosmic Power is what it is.
You might be better at wielding it or was given more of it, but it's still cosmic Power.
Hey who is MM(some black guy)????

the Darkone
silver surfer is the most powerful of heralders.Hell he will destroy half jla and that's no bullSh**t. MM might have a chance with his mental powers that's about it

Jason8200
Silver Surfer was pitted against Kyle Rayner in the DC / Marvel Crossover because they have about the same power. Silver Surfer won. I will give him that. But seriously do you honestly believe that Surfer could beat Parallax? There is no way.

the Darkone
Are talking about parallax? No we are talking about heralders vs. GL corp.

PEOPLE READ HERALDERS VS. GREEN LANTERN CORP

NOT PARALLAX

Jason8200
That is their current form. Noone said anything about a Timeline. They said Hal Jordan. Well now Hal Jordan is Parallax. Cry me a river.

Jason8200
If you knew anything about GL.. the Guardians came to Parallax again in the Final Night and asked him to wear the GL ring again just as a symbol of him being a GL. So he is still considered a GL.

the Darkone
Hal jordan is back as green lantern. oh my god hal jordan as green lantern.It said green lantern corp not parallax everybody else can understand what I'm saying

Draco69
No. You type like you're on speed. Which may not be a stretch at the moment.

Jason8200
Actually it is kind of difficult. Is English your second language?

Ok either way... have him not be Parallax, Hal Jordan is still a much stronger GL then Kyle Rayner. Rayner never went through GL training and does not have the same WILL that Hal Jordan has.

SS beat Rayner but I dont think he could beat Hal. I like Silver Surfer but after reading about both and seeing what all Hal has accomplished... I have to give the battle to him.

the Darkone
Do you understand the power of cosmic. It is unlimited it can rearrange matter, it can absorb other power into it's own increase all ablities of the being who has the power of cosmic. Even DC writers admite not one green lantern can beat silver surfer alone heralder of galactus. The damn rings need to be charge power of cosmic doesn't. Silver surfer can turn hal jodan to pudding and eat him.

the Darkone
Don't insult me because you don't know me. Slow your roll.

Draco69
There we go. Capitalizations and periods. NOW we can understand you. In an internet forum, poor grammar and punctuation usually makes people misinpret what you say and belittle your intelligence. Typing like a two year old won't win you any points. Type like what was done above.

JWangSDC
I think Morg could take down hal jordan when he was parrallax.

the Darkone
morg who had the water of life

LordFear
Darkone, I totally agree with you and that's what I have been trying to tell this people here. They don't understand the Power Cosmic. That's the problem. How can you compare for one, the Sun against an energizer battery? That's the same thing here. One is inexhaustible the other runs out. What's so hard about that concept?

Jason8200
I dont know that much about Morg... I only have him in one comic when Morg fought Terrax and somehow SS ended up with Terrax's axe. What are Morg's powers?

Darkone... I think your mind is pudding and Bill Cosby ate it.

SS has a portion of the power cosmic. He can alter molecules but if you knew anything about the GLs their ring has an automatic failsafe in it that protects them if they are ever in mortal injury. It automatically turns on. There is no way SS could turn Hal into anything when it concerns Cosmic Power vs Cosmic Power.

the Darkone
Jim starlin who wrote silver surfer and dc comics and green lantern. Admitted the silver surfer powers are ulimited where gl have to recharge and also saying power of cosmic is greater then gl power. You are going to argue with that. It is a proven fact ask anybody that knows marvel and Dc and not biasis. They will tell you who is more powerful. parallax was never disscuss and you keep bring him in if that the case Thanos (with the heart of the universe) will destroy parallax and make like he had never existed.

the Darkone
Morg is second to the silver surfer in power but has indestructable axe.

Jason8200
Lord Fear... read my posts from yesterday. I explained the extent to all of the Heralds and GLs powers. Here is a recap:

GLs are all capable of the speed of light... some that have stronger wills can go faster. SS is the only Herald that can go the speed of light. The next fastest Heralds are Airwalker and Firelord who travel just under lightspeed.

Heralds and GLs have Cosmic Power... Heralds do not have infinite Cosmic Power because then that would put them on the same level as Galactus. The were all given a portion of the Power Cosmic.

Now not all GLs rings need to recharge. Alan Scott got rid of his ring and yet still had GL power... noone is sure why but they think it was because he had that power ring that had some ancient GLs spirit in it that made it magic. Kyle Rayners ring does not need to charge as often. It is able to hold more power. Then there is John Stewart who does not need to charge his ring anylonger from the Central Battery because he has the powers of a Guardian.

Now Nova is only capable of lifitng 2 tons. Terrax 75 tons. Firelord 50 tons. Airwalker (as storng as the Thing) 70 tons. Silver Surfer 100 tons. I dont know about Morg or Stardust.

If you are going to use Morg with the water of life... then you should be able to use the Parallax form of Hal.

GLs can rearrange molecules also... can animate inanimate object, make exact replicas of themselves, etc. They can even go through time.

Normally GL rings do have to recharge that is true but only after 24 hours. They do not run out of energy within that 24 hour time. They are time based not based on how much energy they use. So for 24 hours they have an almost infinite amount of energy.

Jason8200
ow there is also the fact that do you think you could actually get those Heralds to work together? They always fight when they are around one another.

The GLs would fight together and be a lot better of a team. Thats another disadvantage to the Heralds.

LordFear
YET DESpite all of that explanation(which I thank you for taking the time to do so) I still believe that the Heralds have the upper hand and ultimetly decimate the Corp. SS alone would tip the scale, let's be clear on that fact.

Jason8200
And Darkone, do me a favor... go back to the original post and read it... where does it say anything about Thanos?

LordFear
If the Corp presented a deadly threat to the Heralds, I truly believe that they would understand that their existence is at stake and put their differences aside to rise above this encounter. That's just basic survival instinct there

lightaxe
GL was not even there when DD attacked.

He was on Oa powering his ring. But good try anyways.

Hes talking about when Doomsday took out an entire corps of GLs on Oa.

lightaxe
I dont know that much about Morg... I only have him in one comic when Morg fought Terrax and somehow SS ended up with Terrax's axe. What are Morg's powers?

Darkone... I think your mind is pudding and Bill Cosby ate it.

SS has a portion of the power cosmic. He can alter molecules but if you knew anything about the GLs their ring has an automatic failsafe in it that protects them if they are ever in mortal injury. It automatically turns on. There is no way SS could turn Hal into anything when it concerns Cosmic Power vs Cosmic Power.

if thats true how did Hal kill everybody in the corps, how come they werent protected by the rings failsafe eh?

Jason8200
When Doomsday went to Oa he was wearing a GL power ring.

lightaxe
he beat someone to death and took it from them. Therefore at least someones life protection system wasnt working as it was stated. Also he beat the hell out of Guy Gardner another GL he didnt kill him but he beat the sh1t out of him, so i mean if Doomsday can do that why couldnt Silver Surfer?

Jason8200
When he beat Guy Gardner up Guy was using the yellow power ring from the Dward dimension. If the GL wearing the ring is hit by a force that is stronger than his force it would hurt him but it would protect them from anyone being able to change them on a molecular level and it automatically kicks on when the environment changes. They dont have to will the force field up when they enter space.

During Crisis of Infinite Earths... Kilowog's homeworld of Bolovax Vik was destroyed. Kilowog shared such a stron gbond with the people of his planet that his power ring automatically saved billions of them and stored them in his ring until a suitable planet could be found for them to reinhabit.

Those 6 GLs are powerful and have a strong enough WILL to defeat the 7 Heralds.

LIGHTAXE instead of trying to prove every little thing wrong why dont you provide some actual evidence supporting your opinion.

SS was put against Kyle Rayner during the DC / Marvel crossover and if you knew the rules everyone was put against one another based on strength and how evenly their powers were. SS did win but if he was supposedly even with Rayner then there is no way that he could beat Hal. Hal Jordan is the most powerful GL ever as far as will goes. He would beat SS.

lightaxe
Well considering how easy SS beat him dont you think if he put more effort in he would have been able to at very least put up a strong fight against Hal?

the Darkone
hal would give ss a ru for his money but in the end, the power of cosmic and his abilites alone will win out over hal jordan. heralder vs lantern by themselves power of cosmic will win out. john sertwart will get killed if fought either morg or terrax because those two are insane when it comes to battle even kyle would get broke in half. alan scott and hal jordan will be the last two standing those two alone will out last the other gl corp.

Jason8200
Ok well since you either over look or refuse to read the other facts I posted here are more:

- Reversed a black hole.
- Tossed around singularities (black holes).
- Can and has created a pocket universe
- Able to alter DNA to be a completely different person
- Teleport through Time and Space (Hal went to the 70th century)
- Phase through things like walls etc.
- Can shrink enemies
- Can affect enemies physical beings (remove ability to speak)
- Imprison enemies in their rings
- Can put soul into ring, will it to earth, have it reform his body there, completely healed, all while running on reserves. Incase they need to get to their Recharging Lantern
- Can seperate enemy's conciousness from their body and trap it.
- Grayven, beaten with ease last time
- Beat Dr. Polaris
- Beat demons who beat Ganthet and Kilowag when they had surprise
- GL beat Darkseid while Darkseid was wearing Yellow Armor
- Beat Nero twice
- Beat Amazo who duplicated the JLAs powers and is similar if not more powerful than Thanos who has handed SS his a** many times.

Now through all of that I never brought up ION.

Ion and Parallax could beat all of Galactus' Heralds.

the Darkone
this gl corp vs. heralders of galactus. not parallax why you bringing in parallax or refer to him, he is not part of the discussion. Then hell Thanos(heart of the universe) eats parallax for lunch. Gl corp vs heralders only. read the forum

Swanky-Tuna
During Crisis of Infinite Earths... Kilowog's homeworld of Bolovax Vik was destroyed. Kilowog shared such a stron gbond with the people of his planet that his power ring automatically saved billions of them and stored them in his ring until a suitable planet could be found for them to reinhabit.I read about that at the glcorps.dcuguide.com.

We all know the rings will do what it can to save the life of the wielder and if it cannot save the body of the wielder, it will save the life force.

Well, it says Kilowog and his people have a mental link. A link so strong that the ring could not tell the difference between Kilowog and his people so it tried to save them all. It couldn't save all their bodies but it stored their life force blah blah blah suitable planet new bodies.

And then Sinestro came by and blew it up, ruining all the hard work. Sinestro rocks.

Source. Down at the "Protection from Mortal Harm" section.

Jason8200
Originally posted by the Darkone
this gl corp vs. heralders of galactus. not parallax why you bringing in parallax or refer to him, he is not part of the discussion. Then hell Thanos(heart of the universe) eats parallax for lunch. Gl corp vs heralders only. read the forum

This is what proper English looks like:

This post concerns the GL Corp vs. Galactus' Heralds. Why are you bringing up Parallax when he is not mentioned in the original post? Hell, then Thanos (with the Heart of the Universe) would eat Parallax for lunch. Now as I stated before this is the GL Corp vs Heralds only.

The post says HAL JORDAN. PARALLAX = HAL JORDAN. Did you want me to pick each of the GLs weakest forms? He has all of the powers of a regular GL its just that he absorbed all of the Guardians and the Central Battery's power. Nowhere does it say anything about Thanos.

Your argument might have had merit but for as much as you talk about Thanos you never seemed to realize that HE IS NOT / NOR WILL HE EVER BE ONE OF GALACTUS' HERALDS. You are a complete moron and make everyone that reads this post dumber for reading it. You make zero sense when you talk and you have no idea what you talk about. Now until you can stop saying dumb s**t like "Thanos will eat him".... "Silver Surfer will turn him into pudding and eat him", dont talk. Now unplug your computer and never use it again. You are off limits.

Swanky-Tuna
Everybody gets beat by Thanos. Saying "He got beat by Thanos" is like saying "He knows how to wear pants."

juggernaut74

Ion and Parallax could beat all of Galactus' Heralds. Without a doubt.

Wynndar
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Everybody gets beat by Thanos. Saying "He got beat by Thanos" is like saying "He knows how to wear pants."

HAHAHAHAH

eleveninches
The current GLC is a good match for the heralds of galactus, but there were (before ET) over 3600 green lanterns.

kgkg
does any one have the number of how many GL , Doomsday took out.

estamate whatever is good to.

the Darkone
bump

Bouboumaster
Heralds has some weaklings (Air-Walker, Nova and Terrax) but they have some badasses (Stardust and Firelord). And they have Surfer, who is IMO, the single most powerful dude in this fight.

Anyone who go against Surfer lose his fight, still, I gives it to the GLC (and truly, it pains me), because Air-Walker, Nova, and Terrax suck a lot of balls. As much OP my boy is, he's not going to win against Hal Jordan and an another top dog GL like Kilowog.

GL Corps a solid 8/10, or maybe 9/10

Simbon
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Heralds has some weaklings (Air-Walker, Nova and Terrax) but they have some badasses (Stardust and Firelord). And they have Surfer, who is IMO, the single most powerful dude in this fight.

Anyone who go against Surfer lose his fight, still, I gives it to the GLC (and truly, it pains me), because Air-Walker, Nova, and Terrax suck a lot of balls. As much OP my boy is, he's not going to win against Hal Jordan and an another top dog GL like Kilowog.

GL Corps a solid 8/10, or maybe 9/10

Air-Walker may be weak, but Nova and Terrax are more powerful than most people give credit for. Where does the battle takes place?(errax's control over the earth is crazy and an earth-based environment could help him out considerably against a weaker GL -- likewise, his axe is extremely powerful, and would slice through constructs like a hot knife through crisco. The fact that SS is the strongest here, and that the heralds have an extra team member gives them the edge. Much, however, depends on how the match-ups go -- obviously, if Hal or Kilowog is at first pitted against Air-walker and Nova, this will make things much harder for the heralds.

Still, heralds 7/10.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Simbon
Air-Walker may be weak, but Nova and Terrax are more powerful than most people give credit for. Where does the battle takes place?(errax's control over the earth is crazy and an earth-based environment could help him out considerably against a weaker GL -- likewise, his axe is extremely powerful, and would slice through constructs like a hot knife through crisco. The fact that SS is the strongest here, and that the heralds have an extra team member gives them the edge. Much, however, depends on how the match-ups go -- obviously, if Hal or Kilowog is at first pitted against Air-walker and Nova, this will make things much harder for the heralds.

Still, heralds 7/10.

Terrax and Nova would most likely lose against any top gl.

Black bolt z
Lanterns.

Heralds have too many low cards here

Nova, Air Walker, Terrax etc...

the Darkone
Heralders of Galactus
silver surfer
morg
terrax
firelord
airwlker
nova
stardust (new)
vs.
Green lantern corp
hal jordan
alan scott
kyle Rayner
John sterwart
guy gardner
kilawog

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.