go for the part in a FILM?!?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fruits
hey guys. i found this article that talked about a casting call for X3 that had the info from a casting call poster from austin texas. it had this number on it and i kinda wanna call just for kicks, ya know. i doubt ill be able to get a part as an extra, but is it worth a try??

Demarthl
try ^^ nothing to lose

taft
go for it

fruits
should i call it right now

Demarthl
DO IT!!!!!
you could be runnin around like a spaz in x3 dude!!

fruits
k. what kind of stuff do u think they'll ask me?? will i have to give them my address and my social security number and weirdo stuff like that?

taft
probobly

fruits
i dont even know my social security number! what if its not reall that number and im giving my address and my full name and lal trhat crap to some crazy child molester guy?

BlackC@t
Just do it! eek!

GCG
i did it and it was fun.........altough being an extra means a lot of waiting for the words "Stand- By.............Rolling.........aaaannnndd ACTION ! "

ps. make sure you take food with you if you are chosensmile

btw. they pay you up to just under US$ 100 for a 12 hour shift wink

fruits
what kind of information would i have to give them on the phone is what i wanna know. if it's not that much stuff i'll just call now, but if it is, ill wait a lil bit. do u think ill just walk in the backround, or have a chance to be an x-kid at the mansion?

GCG
maybe they are just asking you to come for an audition . they cannot evaluate you unless thay have seen you.

fruits
i know, but the audition is gonna be in austin texas. should i just call and see wat the dealio is and if they start asking for crazy info, just tell them ill call them back later?

GCG
well, i would expect to exchange information about :

the times of the audition
any previous experiance
my age
night shoots & day shoots

therwise they dont need your SS number or address unless you are applying. The SS number is the last thing you give them especially if you dont know who you are dealing with

fruits
should i just call and see what happens

GCG
yes but if they tell you to hold the line for a long tiume hang up

Mist
is there a web address? it might be easier to email them or something.

fruits
i called and it was an automated recording and it said we are still accepting applications for extras in rush hour 3, superman returns, and all the kings men. and it told me to go to extrahotlist.com to submit a head shot and a resume. im not sure if i'd want to be in either of those movies.

Mist
rush hour 3 man! jackie chan! go for it!!

fruits
should i seriously??

fruits
but i went to the site, and to submit a resume and headshot, u need to be a site member which costs $20 the first month and $10 all the other months. NO WAY! im not paying to become a member to a site just so i can put an application along with millions of othe rppl in for walking in the backround for 2 secs. during a movie i odnt even like

Mist
is this the only way? was the recorded message like an after hours thing?

that stinks.

fruits
it really does. should i try again 2morrow right after school and see if theirs ppl there?

GCG
Originally posted by fruits
but i went to the site, and to submit a resume and headshot, u need to be a site member which costs $20 the first month and $10 all the other months.

laughing out loud scam !

You get paid to be an extra NOT pay to become an extra.
yet another way to make money.

Extras go for an audition as casting want to see you in person and talk to you. Its not done on the internet.

Trust me ; if it is as you say it is , it smells like sour milk

fruits
but the number was on a few websites and it was from an official poster for the movie, and i was looking at something about casting for other big movies, and it had the same number under a different movie. i dunno, ill try back 2morrow and see if maybe i can get a real person, if not, i dunno. ne other way u guys can think of to get an extra role on some kind of big movie????????

GCG
I have friends.......... evil face

j/k

i used to read the newspapaers and there were the ads

fruits
well, not in a small city like Ft. Collins. i'll give u a link to the site they told me to go to

fruits
http://www.extrahotlist.com/

GCG
boh ; i never heard of this shit ; i stick with my st.thomas and say its bullshit

fruits
go ahead and call the number man!

GCG
No thanks ; i ma not america and do not intend visiting without a green card

fruits
k

fruits
u know ne other way i could find a site or a number where i could find more info about becoming an extra in a bigtime movie?

fruits
i called that number back when i got back from a school, adn it rang a few more times then last night, but still the same automated message

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.