worst dvd features...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

neo2
this is a thread for dvds that just weren't packing.....

All four Batman movie DVDs

Superman dvds 2-4

Actually, all Warner brother's beginning dvds

Gregory
Personally, I can't bring myself to care. I buy DVDs because I want to see the movie, not in the hope of cool extras.

Cinemaddiction
Reason being, most of those movies were put out right when the true DVD revolution was underway, and people were just blown away to have movies on smaller, more affordable laserdisc type formats. Extra's weren't important.

They will all be revisited soon enough.

SlipknoT
Ferris buellers day off is a good movie, but the extras were bad

botankus
The worst feature are those new DVD's which force you to watch the previews.

JKozzy
The Matrix mad They couldve done so much more with it...

Samas-adian
I buy dvd's for the movie, special features are awesome and such.. and i totally enjoy when there useful like the Alien Quadrilogy, but when its just trailers and behin the scenes footage ( which is just a advertaisment saying how good the movie is and NOT actually how the made it) its gay. I would pay for a good disc with worthwhile features.

Machete_guy
mad Freddy vs Jason and Texas chainsaw masicare...ONLY TRAILER! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Cinemaddiction
I don't know about the R4 Freddy vs Jason, or whatever it is Australia gets, but the R1 U.S./Canada version is loaded.

Kes
Please dont use the term gay.

neo2
i agree with u all, i buy them for the movies......but when ur bored and u want to watch the special features....u want something cool.....

Samas-adian
Im sorry. I didnt mean it literally.

Its nice to have special features, but im not paying 30 bucks more for just a few when the barebone edition thats costs 15 bucks is out also then screw special features because i only watch them once.

Wolfie
The Ginger Snaps DVD, only trailer. It was only in full screen and it didn't even have scene selection.

Yomammy
Agreed. But if you want more, you can buy The Matrix Revisited. This thing has a TON of matrix stuff that you'd probably never get with a single movie.

On the topic, for me, I don't care about anything other than the movie. I appreciate extras, but they aren't a necessity. The thing that I hate, more than anything, is when new movies come out and they have subtitles for French and Spanish, and that's it. WTF? Region 1 DVDs should all have ENGLISH subtitles/captions. Personally, I don't like captions because they are bulky and ugly. At least subtitles are normally done well. I know that most people would say, "who cares about subtitles?" but it's something I started doing with DVDs when I first got them. Tell ya what, there is a lot of dialog that you miss out on or don't completely catch when you don't have subtitles on. I have been doing it for years and I gotta say, first time through on almost any movie now, I use them.

Freddy_vs_Jason
Yes, the region 4 Freddy vs Jason one sucked, they only had the trailer, I know because New Zealand gets our DVD's from Australia. I was so annoyed that I bought the region 1 Freddy vs Jason DVD from Amazon.com smokin', Its packed with extra features!! and they're really good too!

Kes

Yomammy
OK, I found the worst DVD ever for "extras". The movie Straw Dogs has two options in the menu. Chapter Selection and Play. If it gets worse than that.... I want to know it.

Speaking of Straw Dogs, this has to be the slowest moving movie I think I've ever seen. sad 45 minutes into the movie and I'm struggling to stay awake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.