So I am going to buy an XBOX

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shoukan
Any games you recommend???

WindDancer
Cool Shoukan! Here are some suggestions:

Shooters: Halo and Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter.

Action/Adventure: Ninja Gaiden, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, TC Splitter cell Pandora tomorrow, Crimson Skies.

RPG: SW Knights of the Old Republic, Arx Fatalis, Deus Ex: Invisible War, The elder Scrolls: Morrowind (Game of the year edition).

Avoid: Aquaman, Drake of the 99 Dragons, Kabuki Warriors.

Raventheonly
Jedi Knight academy
Newest James Bond Everything or Nothing
Buldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2

Are also very good

BackFire
Don't bother with an Xbox. The only game worth playing is halo. All the rest are mediocre PC ports. I suggest a PS2 instead.

eleveninches
I was thinking about it last year, but I was wondering when the the x-box 2 comes out. Does anybody have any info on it??

JKozzy
no The only systems you need are PS2 and Gamecube, Xbox is, like Backfire said, a bunch of cheap PC ports.... sure there are a few games, but nothing that would make me want to actually spend money on an Xbox sick

Linkalicious
x box has been coming out with killer titles compared to ps2 in the past 2 months. and any final fantasy starring all girls is no final fantasy for me.

Raventheonly
Dude X-Box owns PS2 in every field, final fantasy series is the only game we don't got worth playing.... (which i still don't) And don't speak of Game Cube anywhere, its so dead its not even funny.... unless you like pokemon lol

VENOMfan
hes right wink

IBTonks
The Xbox 2 and PS3 will be coming out pracically head to head in 2005! shutd be interestin to see which one comes out on top!

As for games for the xbox....
Halo, the oldest and best! plus, complete that and u'll be inline for Halo 2 coming out in the Autumn.

Deus Ex Invisible Wars, Great game, but don't rush through it else u'll miss everything!!!

Shenmue 2, great RPG something to wind down on!

Splinter cell....both of em!

Metal Gear Solid Substance, great game, one of my favs!!!

The 007 game are quite good, but then u can get them on any console!

If you like the Final Fantasy games, get Crimson Sea, It's very similar apart from the battle system, i found it a good substitute untill i got my PS2!!!

i could go on for hours, so i'll quit now!!

Unholy_Cheese
Its good to have both consoles. A few signature games come out on Xbox that are just masterpieces.

Red Superfly
Halo
Halo 2 (the best console shooter around)
Project Gotham Racing (best racing game out there. Easily better than Gran Turismo - which I also own)
Star Wars Knights Of The Old Republic (best RPG in a long while because it ISN'T overwhelmingly nerdy)

Those are the best. XBox also has the best versions of any multi-platform release like Spider-Man 2 and Burnout 3.

Walfredo
Where are you going to get it? I was thinking of splitting it as a present with my sis for my bro because he is jealous I have one. All I find are packages that are insanely filled and end up being like $375 from EB games or Gamestop or ones for like $160 with NCAA Football and some tennis game from Toys R Us and BJ's. Games that don't really get me too excited. What I really want is Halo 2 a controller and Xbox for like $210?? Is this even feasible? Or anyone know a good Xbox + Halo 2 deal?

SaTsuJiN
lol.. just be a sport and recommend him xbox titles. he seems to have made his mind up on buying xbox

before recommending you any games.. what Genre do you most enjoy?

JKozzy
Couldn't have put it better myself.

SnakeEyes
RPG's:
Fable
Knights of the Old Republic
Knights of the Old Republic 2: Sith Lords
Morrowind

Shooters:
Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter
Halo
Halo 2
(I believe FarCry is coming out soon for it)
Star Wars: Republic Commando (when its out)

Action:
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Crimson Skies
Ninja Gaiden
Soul Caliber 2

Racing:
Project Gotham Racing (and i think there is a sequel for it)
Burnout 3

Wolf Dog
Don't buy a Halo-Player.

Red Superfly
Buy the sequel. It's online and tooooo good.

I meant PGR2 in my earlier post. Get that.

dave123
burnout 3, defjam: fight for new york, halo 1, halo 2, pro evolution soccer (more of an english thing).... that's my top 5 yes

also consider KOTOR2, fable and whatever other genre you like

cal31
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, it's better than the first Halo.

dark1365
Mortal Kombat Deception, Halo 2, and Star Wars Battlefront(yes it's actually a cool game, even though i hate star wars).
And most important of all, get Xbox live, and some games that are Live-enabled.

Rhino
mortal kombat and star wars battlefront and some of the games you guys mentioned r also on the ps2.

I was thinking of buying a new system too, gamecube had no good games, the only xbox game that interested me was Fable, and i heard it was a really really short game, but i heard star wars kotor 2 was the xbox rpg of the year...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.