Spider-Man 3 villain will be played by...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ock
This guy: http://www.afromaster.com/trash-can/pict/thomashadenchurch.jpg

Thomas Haden Church.Check out the official announcement here: http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=filmNews&storyID=2005-03-22T062922Z_01_N22234869_RTRIDST_0_FILM-FILM-CHURCH-DC.XML

Personally I think he looks like Sandman.

Linkalicious
oh dear god....who's he going to be?

*prays it's not Eddie*

The Ones
heres another pic of him (well at least i think its him.....acording to a website)

http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/hadenspidey3.jpg

doctorstrongbad
Yeah I think he does look like the Sandman. Hey the sandman is going to be a challenge for Spidey. So i wonder if Eddie brock will have a small role in part 3 and what about harry?

Dazzler619
Damn he's gonna be in it? Yuck

fruits
yeah, i see a sandman there.

The Ones
http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Sandman/AnimSandmanLogo.gif

sucks

fruits
sandman is ok.

u know who else that could possibly be???? Kletus Kassady!!!

The Ones
hey, thats just the actor. alfred loked totaly different to ock until the make up and hair was done. so this could be anybody

Velcro_Boy
that guys so anoying. but he definetly looks like sandman more then anyone else.
maybe hobgoblin??

fruits
i was thinking a hobgoblin possibility as well

Jimmy Buggs
you cant guess the villian just by what the guy looks like. and he might not be the main villian, maybe some type of regular guy who hires a villian, or some other just regular bad dude. if hes hobgoblin thats pretty lame, harry should be the next goblin, unless they are trying to make harry like lex luther or someone who hires hentchmen like the kingpin. cledas cassidy , then their will have to be an eddie brock and a symbiot. sand man is pretty lame, imo not a movie quality villian like doc ock or green goblin. I mean sandman is ok, but he is on the same level as like shocker or electro or rino. not like doc ock or
norman osborn. one way or another you are going to see harry loose his mind, drink alot(they wont make him do drugs in a pg movie)

sand man seems like such a wast of a villian, i rather see rino , or even shocker. those guys dont need much of a back story, they just get a suit.

Ock
Willem Dafoe looks nothing like Comics Osborn.

So there ya go wink

TheFilmProphet
Church is the Spider-Man 3 Nemesis!
Source: Columbia Pictures
March 22, 2005

Thomas Haden Church, who was most recently nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in "Sideways," has been cast as Spider-Man's new archenemy in the next chapter of the "Spider-Man" adventure, it was announced by director Sam Raimi and producers Laura Ziskin and Marvel Studios' Avi Arad.

Spider-Man 3, which is scheduled for release on May 4, 2007, will reunite the successful team that was responsible for the first two blockbuster films. The franchise has grossed more than $1.5 billion in worldwide ticket sales and the new film will again reteam director Raimi, producers Ziskin and Arad, and actors Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Kirsten Dunst as M.J..

Production on Spider-Man 3 is scheduled to begin early next year.

"In addition to the on-going relationship between Peter Parker and M.J., these films are driven by the great actors who have brought our villains to life," said Raimi. "Thomas Haden Church will be a fantastic and challenging new nemesis and we all look forward to working with him."

The identity of the new villain is being kept secret and while speculation is rampant about which character is being called into action, the studio will not comment on the casting beyond confirming Church.

fruits
oooooh, they should just tell us

TheFilmProphet
It seems they are keeping this info completely confidential. The original message came to me in an email from the group in charge and there was not so much as a hint at which villain he will be playing.

Jimmy Buggs
to me this guy looks like matt murdok

Darth_Nefarus
Hobgoblin or Mysterio is what I see.

TheFilmProphet
I doubt Mysterio will be the villain. Hobgoblin has a better chance.

Kainreaver
How about Mysterio? Could create a nice threat to Spidey having Mysterio in the film seeing as how Mary Jane is probably is in the movie industry by the 3rd film.

Kainreaver
Regardless, We need resolution with Harry. With the Green Goblin AND the Hobgoblin, that'd be cool. The Goblins have never liked each other. It'll be a free for all brawl out.

Darth_Nefarus
Agreed. A Goblin vs. Goblin vs. Spidey brawl would be epic.
But when I first found out about Thomas Haden Church, I immediately thought Carnage, which means Venom, which means awesome.

But a thought just came to me, Scorpion! He could play that part pefectly, and we could still have the second Goblin.

Goblin vs. Scorpion vs. Spidey would be cool.

Regardless I'm looking forward to this movie.

Kainreaver
Well, the Scorpion might Villanize Jonah Jameson more than we'd want to. Jonah Jameson has been the quirky tough humorous side of the first two movies. But in the comics, Jameson is the one who creates the scorpion...that might conflict. But i agree, he (Haden Church) looks like Kletus Kassady. But he might be a bit old for Kassady. I've always thought Timothy Olyphant (scream 2/Girl next door) would make a great Kletus Kassady.

Jimmy Buggs
we could see hobby, and peter thinks that its harry? im still betting on lizard, and harry doing something.

the movie is Peter Parker, Mary Jane, Hary Osborn.

Mainstream
Lizard and Harry as Hobby are the most logical villians.

doctorstrongbad
I think this new actor looks like several villains including... the Sandman, Carnage, and who knows once they put make up and a costume on him. smile

Darth_Nefarus
Mysterio, Scorpion or HobGoblin along with Green Goblin 2 are my top choices. Based on Churches work, I think Mysterio would be his best bet. Also Mysterio is another reason to have a ridiculous special effects budget, which I'm cool with.

Spiderman_RJ
well to me he does look like sandman or even an more phisical gargan aka scorpion (you see i was right!! sandman rocks!!! scropion would be cool too), but he is more looked like to all versions of hydroman(hydro suck!!!)

mysterio!?! no way i hate mysterio, lame character, lame "powers" ridiculous riddle, i hate him even more becouse every spiderman game has him on, !! GRRRRRRR!

my bet goes for sandman let just see how they will plot him in. imagine spiderman punching a brick wall, or a flying air punch into a smooth sand, cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,

im wondering if he is sandman willl they use the green shirt with black strays on? roll eyes (sarcastic)

or they will make him on silver sable like uniform mad

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Kainreaver
How about Mysterio? Could create a nice threat to Spidey having Mysterio in the film seeing as how Mary Jane is probably is in the movie industry by the 3rd film.

Mysterio could work as the villain. This would support my theory of plans for a sinister six movie. smile

Spiderman_RJ
sinister six? WHAT PART OF DOCTOR OCTOPUS IS DEAD you didnt understand???

Spiderman_RJ
now if they make a sinister six in a CG animation, then i would be cool indeed

Ock
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
sinister six? WHAT PART OF DOCTOR OCTOPUS IS DEAD you didnt understand???

Here you go smart mouth read this: http://www.nicklogic.com/batbrain2.jpg

Now tell me how dead Doctor Octopus is stick out tongue

Jimmy Buggs
sand man is so lame

The Ones
how right you are jimmy

fruits
sandman would be good. didnt they already say mysterio wasnt gonna be the villain, and neither was venom? or was that just that haden church didnt like those guys?

fruits
nevermind. totally, nevermind

BlackC@t
Hopefully, he's playing Doctor Connors.

BlackC@t
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Mysterio could work as the villain. This would support my theory of plans for a sinister six movie. smile

You guys expect WAY too much of Marvel.

doctorstrongbad
The sinister six movie could work in theory. We already have the green goblin, Doc ock and at least one more in part 3. We know they are going to make at least 5 movies because they have all made a lot of money. Plus they have to try and keep up with DC comics. With superman and batman part 5 coming out. I'm not sure but it would be a cool idea.

BlackC@t
Urgh! We don't know there is going to be five movies!

I highly doubt it.

ericadurancefan
the guy definetly looks like the sandman which is the obvious choice being that villian is the favorite of toby and sam,i would love to see venom he was always my favorite villian

NoFate007
Sandman isn't really THAT popular, is he? I've been a fan of Spider-Man since I was little, and although I didn't divulge in the comics too often, I don't remember a thing about him. I remember more about Smythe even than Sandman. Sandman's had about as much attention as from what I've seen as Hydroman...and that's kinda sad.

The Ones
the only villain i can see them doing is venom. the fans have been screaming that name for ages and sam would want to give the fans what they want. (only if they do it properly) but to do venom, THC would have to put on a few pounds

Mainstream
I think he could be Electro...I think it's time Spidey fight an energy based villian..an Electro would be top on that list.

lau_timmy
Ain't It Cool News is reporting that Sony Pictures studio sources are confirming Thomas Hayden Church will play the Sandman in Spider-Man 3.

As evidence, the Web site notes that Sony's Spider-Man 3 production offices has a bunch of Sandman conceptual art.

TheFilmProphet
Sandman the Villain in Spider-Man3?
Source: AICN
March 28, 2005

Harry over at AICN is reporting who IS the villain for Spider-Man 3.

Hey folks, Harry here... Multiple spies at Sony have confirmed that Thomas Hayden Church will indeed be playing SANDMAN. There's a ton of Sandman conceptual art all over the Spidey-offices!

As with any rumor take this with a grain of salt until we hear an official announcement from SONY.

Hit the link below to read the full story,

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19747

Linkalicious
Sandman. no expression

TheFilmProphet
wink

Ock
Yay Sandman big grin

Linkalicious
I thought this movie's villain was supposed to have some sort of special meaning to Spidey or something.

Sandman is the type of villain that gets bested at the begining of a comic so that Spidey can concentrate on bigger fish.

Though the CGI on Sandman should be pretty wicked.

NoFate007
Ugh...

Sandman has a lot to do with Peter Parker...yeah Raimi.
Sandman DOES present CGI opportunities as far as advancing the abilities...but I'd rather see a good story than something that may look real on the set and isn't real.

Heres to hoping that what they mean is that Sandman will be a part of another plot with another villain lol.

wuTa
thomas hayden who????....of all the villians...why would you pick the sandman?...no shocker huh sad

doctorstrongbad
Alright lets so what the sandman can do. smile I hope they give him a good background so there is some conflict between sandman and peter. Maybe they will make him a bully who picked on Peter? Its always hard to tell in the movies.

Wolfie
I heard Sandman was gonna get his own movie but the script fell through.

Last I heard, they didn't release exactly who Thomas Hayden Church was gonna play.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Mainstream
I think he could be Electro...I think it's time Spidey fight an energy based villian..an Electro would be top on that list.

Yeah Electro would be a great villain but who does water stop this guy? Doesn't water conduct electricity? You would think that it wouldn't harm him. The new rumor is that it will be the sandman in part 3.

fruits
sandman. im ok with sandman. i would rather have someone else though, but i guess sandman will do. i just really hope they do something with eddie brock to lead up to bigger things in a later movie, whetehr they make one or not.

fruits
actually, now that i give it osme thought, im kiinda disapointed. i dont think it's gonna work to well. sandman isnt really the type of villain who can stand on is own. he's kind of a supporting villain. or at least thats how i view him. i hope maybe they have some major villain, and sandman ends up as a side villain.

The Ones
fruits i feel disappointed aswell. Sandman sucks. if raimi is reading this he should be ashamed. Of all the villains in spider-man he had to pick a shitty villain. lets hope this isnt real stuff!

fruits
well, the only reason they say it's teh sandman is because they found all this conceptional artwork laying around right? so that doesnt mean anything. maybe they're gonna have sandman as a minor character, and they're just drawing a lot of pics cuz they wanna know how to do him, but maybe thomas haden church is playing someone else!! hopefully......

TheFilmProphet
Its a possibility, after all they did preliminary art and designs for Blob, Beast, and the Sentinels for X-men 1 and 2, but they never used those characters in the first two films.

Ock
Sandman and GG2.

That will do just fine.

Gen-117
Originally posted by fruits
sandman is ok.

u know who else that could possibly be???? Kletus Kassady!!!

Now that you mention it, he does look like a older version of Cletus

Ock
Carnage??

Please tell me some of you guys don't honestly think that Carnage will be the villain in SM-3.

The Ones
he could be if sam is willing to destroy the spidey franchise which he wont

pmike
if they wanted to do a good carnage story they would need venom first id like venom and carnage to be in SM-3.it could be a film which focuses on the symbiote saga. it would be a better sxtory than having the sandman but harry osborn could squeeze in somewhere like a fight between GG2 and spiderman at the start or something.anyways im sure itll be good no matter who the villain isblink

shaneomac
i think theres a slight chance that doc connnors could be in it

Red Superfly
I see Sandman right there.

Asian Hulk
Sylvester Stallone or Vin Diesel or The Rock could be Eddie Brock or Venom.Martin Short or Sam Rockwell or Jake Busey or Kevin Bacon could be Cletus Kassidy or Carnage.maybe Tom Sizemore or Benicio del Toro could be Scorpion and Alec Baldwin or Christopher Walken could be as Kraven role.Tom Berenger or Jim Belushi could be the role as Sandman.but Thomas Hayden Church as Curtis Connor.but there is CGI Lizard,Venom and Carnage in the third Spidey movie.

chucktaylor
WoW! Sandman!!! I was hoping for Electro though...or even Mysterio..but Sandman should be promising...

Mainstream
Originally posted by chucktaylor
WoW! Sandman!!! I was hoping for Electro though...or even Mysterio..but Sandman should be promising...

True...Sandman is an interesting choice to say in the least.

Spiderman_RJ

doctorstrongbad

Neopagan
My money is on Sandman who I happen to think is a very good villain he was never treated with sufficient gusto in the comics. Sandmans powers are extremely dangerous he has never been allowed to use them to a potent degree. Raimi has done a good job of re-inventing Spidey's villains so far - I mean Green Goblin and Dr Octopus were always pretty lame but he made them great! Give him credit Sandman will be excellent!

Darth Imperial
Yeah, mines on Sandman! rock zorro alien Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

moonrays
Carnage and Dock Ock will combined each other to defeat Spiderman!

Neopagan
Although Raimi has confirmed there will be two villains, I quote:

"Spider-Man will face double the trouble in our next film and I couldn't be more excited about the direction we are taking Peter Parker and the franchise," said Raimi. "Topher Grace is an extraordinarily talented actor and will be perfect for the complexities of the role we are developing."

Kraven and Chameleon seem to be popular at the moment if you read the 'leaked' news. What do you all think?

Doc Ock
Kraven and Chameleon are ANYTHING but popular right now.

I'd rather have the power ranger Goblin back than those two.

Neopagan
I meant popular in the rumour circuit!

I personally don't think much of them either.

doctorstrongbad
Well Its almost confirmed about sandman the other bad guy will be a mystery for a while.

The Ones
We wont know till december

DenKi
It has to be Mysterio

The Ones
explain why

Paola
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f47/t309108.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.