Translation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Agent
Listen KMC ive been workin at these damn parental controls forever and now your my only hope help me translate this

(The below is based on my exploration after emailing Bennett from peacefire 2 years ago. It was done using aol 7.0. I don't know if they've changed it since then.)

The AOL parental controls don't allow outoing traffic except through their proxy ie., with censorship turned on, no TCP/IP traffic gets out unless it's set to use whatever proxy server they have set up.

IIRC, surf to a webpage, leave it up, and go to command prompt (at least in NT,2K,XP) and type "Netstat", you should see something long with an aol.com at the end and a ":"with a number after it, that's the port the proxy is using.

Note:This still doesn't let you get around their blocking, but it will let you use other browsers and applications (musicmatch radio.)

When I get home today, I'll disconnect the magic cable and do some testing with the latest version of AOL on dial-up

please translate this to stupid person langauge sad

Raz
Ask your parents to disable the controls.

Dexx
laughing out loud

Stealth Agent
hahaha.......no

my parents are computer retards, and stubborn and they wont

please help

im restricted from almost every site asides this

Stealth Agent
awww come on some one help me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.