Comic Fanboyism!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
What are your thoughts on the subject!!!!
Some may argue that it's just die hard love and devotion for a character while others believe it to be fanatacism taken to an absurd level!!
Where do you guys stand?

LordFear
Personally I despise it with an intense passion. There no arguing with a fanboy and it sucks!!

Draco69
Hate it.

Worst ones are X-Men, Wolverine, Hulk, and Spidey.

who?-kid
You forgot Final Fantasy and Streetfighter.

LordFear
yes Draco I agree with all of these characters as being products of fanboys.

LordFear
are FF and Streetfighter in there too??
wow never knew that

who?-kid
Originally posted by LordFear
are FF and Streetfighter in there too??
wow never knew that
In a way, yes, just look at Draco69 (no offense Draco wink ).

jrodslam
Yea fanboys suck. No reasoning at all.

Draco69
Originally posted by who?-kid
In a way, yes, just look at Draco69 (no offense Draco wink ).

Damn it! I need a new sign!

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
Hate it.

Worst ones are X-Men, Wolverine, Hulk, and Spidey.

some x-men are worthy, some aren't... it depends on the battle...

wolverine is the worst though...

LordFear
why are these characters taken to such a hype anyway???
What separates them from the rest?
Weird

demigawd
X-men? I don't think they're overhyped or overpowered. The Avengers are still Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I think everyone can agree with that.

who?-kid
Originally posted by demigawd
X-men? I don't think they're overhyped or overpowered. The Avengers are still Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I think everyone can agree with that.
Hmmm, I don't know, the X-Men also have some true powerhouses.

demigawd
Sure...but it's fair. Jean embodies the Phoenix Force. There are a few elementals who control fundamental aspects of the physical world. They SHOULD be powerhouses.

pr1983
the only real powerhouses in x-men imo are phoenix, jean without phoenix, colossus and current iceman...

Scoobless
can i get the exact definition of what a fanboy is as opposed to a comic fan?

WindDancer
<-----Batman Fanboy geek

Anyways, this thread isn't a versus thread.

Moving to Comic Book Forum....

pr1983
Originally posted by Scoobless
can i get the exact definition of what a fanboy is as opposed to a comic fan?

a comic fan is someone who reads comics yet still rates their favourite character reasonably...

a fanboy makes claims like 'wolverine can survive in the sun'

LordFear
I got a friend who despite whatever scenario or whomever short of LIVING TRIBUNAL, claims that Dark Phoenix can't be beaten. This is the level of fanboyism that I am talking about and why furthermore would the writers do such a think as create Jean Grey as Phoenix???
Now you got guys running around saying MM, Thanos, Galactus etc can't beat Phoenix, it's garbage man!!!!

jrodslam
Originally posted by who?-kid
Hmmm, I don't know, the X-Men also have some true powerhouses.

Avengers? X-Men? Hmph. That title should go to the Defenders. In The Order, it took Avengers, X-Men, Spiderman, Daredevil, Nick Fury, just to fight them. Defenders are the most powerful, mightiest group ever. In Marvel that is.

uQifg2WV
You guys are like anti-fanboy fanboys. theirs no arguing with you about your anti-fanboyism.

Zahit
The advent of the Fanboy seems to have started in the 1990's.....
This was a time of great trouble and catastrophe in the comic world.
There was much suffering then.
Marvel couldn't write their way out of a paper bag then.
They went bankrupt.
Tons of Marvel Comic fans stopped buying due to the lousy quality....
Except for a peculiar tribe of people.....
This tribe bought much X-Men and worshipped the great hairy god, Wolverine.
This tribe grew large and kept buying X-Men & Wolverine.
This tribe, however, never bought or read anything other than the
poorly written X-books of that era. The tribe knew nothing outside of
their small small world. In-breeding began within this tribe and the
offspring became.....stupid.
This tribe later became known as..........Fanboys.
The rest of the comic fans of the world remember the dark and grim
days of Marvel Comics during the 1990's.
The Fanboys, however, view this period as their "Golden Age of Comics."
And this is why today there are many Fanboys who.........
know not outside of what they read, know not what they read,
and generally seem to know not about anything.

Lord-of-Dreams
Yep. I have to say that Zahit just stole what was gonna say... In my exact words... lol
The most annoying FBs are the SM ones. Because He's not that great. Wolverine FBs are also aspecialy annoying. Supes FBs are extremely annoying. I once had an arguement with a guy about wether a normal guy could take him with a kryptonite suit on. He said that Supes would be able to knock him out before the K. kicked in. He also said that it didn't mak him completely useless, bu only made him normal. I sited several comics(which I would usually never do, but it was at my house so I could...). He said that all ten were just bad authers. Big-Fat-Fanboy.

ragesRemorse
i think every comic fan has a bit of fanboyism in them. when you go the extra mile of devoting all thought and time to debating why your fav character would win, is fanboyism. fanboys who are comic fans just to be fan boys are ass eating whores with no lives that take appeal away from comics though.

thundercracker
i can b a bit biased on venom sometimes and thing but I know wen there beaten (i just dont like it) never been a wolvie fan but his fanboys annoy me but i say that i can be a ven fanboy a little .

does that make me a hypokrit

LordFear
Zahit, that was just gold!!!!
Primo writing man/lol!!!
I hate those inbred bastards@!!!!!

Scoobless
there are equally bad things as fanboys........ those who pick one character they don't like and constantly argue that he/she is over rated and should never win......... curiously enough spidey has both the most defenders and the most attackers at the same time

who?-kid
Originally posted by Scoobless
there are equally bad things as fanboys........ those who pick one character they don't like and constantly argue that he/she is over rated and should never win......... curiously enough spidey has both the most defenders and the most attackers at the same time
Yep I agree.

There are also people who create threads just to prove a certain character can actually lose.

K3VIL
Originally posted by LordFear
What are your thoughts on the subject!!!!
Some may argue that it's just die hard love and devotion for a character while others believe it to be fanatacism taken to an absurd level!!
Where do you guys stand?
Just read my sign

Lord-of-Dreams
True, true, grammar's shity though. Should be: This forum is much too full of fanboys/ too full of fandboys. lol sorry, I just love good grammar wink

Scoobless
how about "there are too many fanboys in this forum"
or "this Forum seems to attract peculiarly high numbers of individuals i would deem to describe as fanboys"
or "fanboys suck and there's a sh!tload of 'em here"

Zahit
is it me or are the fanboys on this forum increasing exponentially like cockroaches...

Maestro
No offence to 11 inches, but whenever a thread is made about the DC universe, he always favours DC characters, however stacked it is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.