The Toolbox Murders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolfie
As I understand, the original wasn't all that great. I got the remake directed by Tobe Hooper and I thought it wasn't bad. There was room for improvement but overall I thought it was okay.

Anyone see it?

Deano
yeh ive saw it..its not bad..its fairly decent and good to pass a couple of hours of time

tabby999
my sister was watching it, i watched about 5 minutes and walked out of the room

The Redeemer
The original is a real nasty piece of work. Particularly the first half where Camaron Mitchel goes ape with his toolbox, nailgun included. The nailgun scene has acheived some notoriety as it involves a bimbo playing with herself in a tub for what seems an enternity before being nailed to the wall.

I must catch the remake if only for Tobe's name on the credits. It's gotten mixed word of mouth, IIRC.

Darth_Big_Boy
Been wanting to see it but haven't yet. I don't even know if my Hollywood has it.

Azrael01
I liked the remake but only after watching most of the movie the first 30 minutes I thought were watchable but not entertaining it was just random killing

BREN
the original (uncut) version is still banned in the uk,the rerelease is cut,the original hokushin banned precert (pre 1983) is allso cut ,the original version is well nasty and like was said b4 me the nail gun bit and the woman playing with herself is all good,the remake is much tamer in atmosphere and in on screen violence,its only the bare basics of the story that are the same,the remake is a pretty well made movie and for most horror fans a good way to spend 90 mins,for u gorehounds like myself track down the uncut original it delivers the goods smile

The Redeemer
Originally posted by BREN
the original (uncut) version is still banned in the uk,the rerelease is cut,the original hokushin banned precert (pre 1983) is allso cut ,the original version is well nasty and like was said b4 me the nail gun bit and the woman playing with herself is all good,the remake is much tamer in atmosphere and in on screen violence,its only the bare basics of the story that are the same,the remake is a pretty well made movie and for most horror fans a good way to spend 90 mins,for u gorehounds like myself track down the uncut original it delivers the goods smile

"Ever thought of getting a drivers license, boy???" laughing out loud

BREN
wtf is ur problem and who u callin boy?,im sorry i thought this was an horror movie forum,not drivers ed?,whats the matter upset that some1 knows more than u?,btw im 34 and have been driving since 17,i own 2 cars but thanks for the interest,i think u might be lost try cooking with jamie oliver forum

The Redeemer
wtf is ur problem and who u callin boy?,im sorry i thought this was an horror movie forum,not drivers ed?,whats the matter upset that some1 knows more than u?,btw im 34 and have been driving since 17,i own 2 cars but thanks for the interest,i think u might be lost try cooking with jamie oliver forum

It's a quote from Live And Let Die roll eyes (sarcastic) Not spot the quoting
inverted commas? eek! It was ment as humourous. Something which is obviously beyond ya! laughing out loud

BREN
yeah well ok i liked live and let die prob 1 of the best bond movies,but i had no fookin idea u were jokin,but nice 1 anyways,and no when i read ur forum i didnt have a sense of humour it was a little after 5 am easter sunday morning my four boys were running round the house lookin for easter eggs,lol,and i just had 3 hrs sleep smile,sorry for being a grouchy bastard i know i can be the wife keeps tellin me,lol smile

The Redeemer
yeah well ok i liked live and let die prob 1 of the best bond movies,but i had no fookin idea u were jokin,but nice 1 anyways,and no when i read ur forum i didnt have a sense of humour it was a little after 5 am easter sunday morning my four boys were running round the house lookin for easter eggs,lol,and i just had 3 hrs sleep smile,sorry for being a grouchy bastard i know i can be the wife keeps tellin me,lol smile

"Relax! Mr Big'll take care of ya!!!" smokin'

BREN
hahaha is thta like ur fave movie at the moment?,lol it is good tho seen it a few times

Wolfie
Lemme know when we get back to Toolbox Murders. stick out tongue

The Redeemer
Like da Wolf says, back on topic! Check out Blue Underground's TOOLBOX MURDERS disc if ya haven't already, BREN! They've also THE PROWLER out. One that features some of Tom Savini's finest work!

Cinemaddiction
Well, I spent the past 95 minutes on the remake and I am sorely disappointed. Just an ensamble cast of people I couldn't even begin to feel for, a plot that really made no sense, and to top it all off, it's evident that Hooper was trying to relive some of his TCM through the "killer", who looked a lot like Darkman. Seemed like "Tomb Raider" meets the killer from "Body Double".

I'd watch "Wrong Turn" again before I revisted this one.

Wolfie
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
I'd watch "Wrong Turn" again before I revisted this one.
Don't say things you can't take back, C-Dic. stick out tongue

Have you seen the original? If so, do you rate it higher or lower than this one?

Cinemaddiction
I haven't seen the original, wish I could. Regardless, I'm sure it's way better.

MildPossession
The dvd release of the original here in the UK is suppose to have had lots of cuts to it.

As for the remake, I just got it through the post, so should be watching it soon.

ladygrim
i saw this in my local video shop .... looks a bit dodgy to me

MildPossession
Well watched it, didn't think much of it. Only character I liked was played by Angela Bassist(sp?).

Had some nice gore shots in, put apart from that, another horror that's nothing special.

I did like the scenes where the lead character was figuring out the symbols though.

Darth Odious
I've tried to find the originial but can't. The new one wasn't that great. I think it's pretty lame( and a little cunning) to remake a film alot of poeple haven't seen or can't remember seeing. I was pretty young,and wasted, when I saw the original so I don't remember sqaut. Tobe Hooper, hey I love the guy, but he knows damn well people are gonna keep forgetting about the original, which wasn't even his no doubt. Sound a little desperate for a guy who directed Poltergiest with Spielberg breathing down his neck. Besides Chainsaw Massacre I and II( I wouln't dare turn my back on those films) Poltergiest was his best.
Even if Toolbox didn't grab me, I still like the guy for his vision and for of course creating Chop Top. Dog will hunt!!

Wolfie
I haven't heard many good things about the original so I thought this was good to remake a movie nobody liked. Since they're all trying to make a better film, why remake a classic when you can remake garbage? It just seems easier to improve.

sarcomens
Finally someone who found ONE good reason for doing a remake. stick out tongue

PRO-PAIN
The original is def. a nasty film, it's not that bad actually and the actual story is pretty good, not to mention all the gore that Cameron Mitchell ensues. It is def. at least worth a viewing if you can find it. I own it myself, bought a copy off of ebay.

The remake wasn't that bad, it surely could have been alot better, but I've def. seen alot worse in the past few years. but it is certainly no Haute Tension that's for sure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.