Count Dooku & ROTS Obi-Wan vs. Darth Revan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CountQuan
WHo wins?

Darth_Nefarus
Revan and Obi-Wan, no contest.

ArthasKnight
Revan's not with Obi-Wan, it's one or the other. And I dunno, Revan was one badass Sith. We always hear about how Revan was incredibly powerful and all that and we have the player character as proof of that. I may have to vote Revan on this one. And no it's not because I am biased and have Revan in my signature.

Darth_Nefarus
oops, you're right, Revan bites the big one here.

jedimaster2000
I say Dooku and Obi-Wan.

Darth_Janus
Hm. This one slipped past me. My money's on Revan. Dooku was overcome by Anakin, a young upstart with more power but less actual knowledge of the Force and skill. Thus, a true Sith lord would dominate him. As for Obi, he's the magrick ningra, but he won't live long at all.

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, are you stoned?
Obi-Wan at his peak along with the refined skills of Count Dooku would certainly destroy Revan.

Darth_Janus
No, sober. And an ancient Sith lord could use Dooku as his whippin' boy. And since Obi Wan didn't have a snowflake's chance in hell with Sidious, why would he have a better chance with Revan?

Darth_Nefarus
You make it sound like Revan would kill them both with little effort, even though their both fighting him at once. Dooku's skill and OBi-Wans' luck give them the W

Darth_Glentract
"...Obi Wan didn't have a snowflake's chance in hell with Sidious...". actually he had less because the heat would cause the air to expand and create huge amounts of pressure and change the melting point of snow to a very high temperatue. It may actually not melt. I am serious on this.

Anyway, Revan kills them. I think that he is better with lightsabers than Dooku or Obi-wan and certainly has better force powers. Even if Revan did loose he would take one of them with him.

Darth_Janus
Consider this scenario...

You have two modern day weaponsmasters. They're pretty badass. They could easily waste 96% of all modern day competition. Throw them in the darker ages, when men started practising with blades at age 8. When longbowmen had arms as thick as tree trunks. Old day masters who could swing a two handed sword easily on horseback in the thick of battle.

That's more or less the drastic difference between Revan and his background and Dooku and Obi Wan and their background. Of the two, only Dooku practises an aggressive, lightsaber to lightsaber oriented fighting style, whereas Obi Wan's form III gives him no real advantages.

And there is no luck, there is only the Force. Revan's destiny, to take a will of the Force standpoint, is much greater than either of his opponents.

Darth_Nefarus
Uhh, I think Obi-Wan's destiny was a lot greater. He was Luke's first teacher and aided him in rebuilding the order

Darth_Janus
If Revan was in the same timeperiod, for the sake of argument, there would be no need for Anakin at all.

Darth_Glentract
I think that the difference between the two timeperiods if even greater than what Janus said.

Darth_Janus
Perhaps, but it's the closest I could think of. I could go even farther back and bring up the elite Spartans, of which 300 held of the Persian army of hundreds of thousands for three days. Those guys could pwn Anakin for sure.

SnakeEyes
Janus, you ALWAYS root for Revan in any situation. It could be Revan versus Every ROTS character at the same time, and you might still pick him...

Darth_Janus
Not true. Instances where Revan's clearly lost.

- Against Nihilus.

- Against Traya (Possibly)

- Against Exar Kun

- Against Marka Ragnos

- Against Tulak Hord

- I'm still debating on whether or not Naga Sadow, Ajunta Pall, and others like Ulic, Bane, and Kaan could whup Revan. I still need to read up more on them.

- Against Yoda, Sidious, and Anakin ROTS.

- Against Mace, Yoda, Sidious, and any other fourth party.

- Against eighty five Mauls. Okay, eighty four.

- Against me. I'd pwn a mighty Sith lord.

Darth Mantis
^lol

Darth Trinew
revan weak.

Darth Mantis
In my opinion I would say that Count Dooku and Obi-Wan win this one.

Wanderer259
NOTE: This is long. Read only if you don't mind long posts are you just like more fire for your debates.

Master, therefore RotS, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus vs Darth Revan. Let's do some dismantling, but we'll only deal with what could be a factor in physical combat (Revan and Dooku's respective talents for inspiring loyalty and gathering allies aren't valid, for instance).

Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

- At this point in time, Obi-Wan is a member of the Jedi council on Coruscant. From this alone, it's safe to assume that not only is the Force flowing strongly through him, but he has also attained an immense degree of control.

- Obi-Wan is completely trained and obviously more than capable, however, his knowledge of the Force, as I understand it, is pretty standard as far as Jedi at the time go. There's nothing special here; no ancient or forbidden knowledge, no special or unique Force skills/powers, etc.

- Obi-Wan's fighting style with a lightsaber is based on Form III, which is primarily defensive. For a Jedi who undertook training during an extended time of peace, this is perfect; it's very Jedi-like to focus on defense and the preservation of yourself. It's an incredibly useful style of combat when your enemy isn't using a lightsaber him/herself, but in a dual, it's not terribly advantageous.

- Master Kenobi contributed highly to the Jedi's strategies in the Clone Wars and became legendary for it. He's also constantly level-headed and collected, so I'd place him as a 'master tactician'.

Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus

- As a Sith Lord, obviously Dooku's got something going for him over most of the Force-user population. He was trained by Yoda, which might mean something for anyone who thinks Yoda is the greatest ever. The Jedi archives list Dooku as formidable, and if the Jedi themselves are going to say he's a threat, well then dammit, he is one. He challenged Yoda.

- Dooku was trained by Yoda, who is obviously well-learned and wise in Force-related knowledge, but beyond that, I think his training is pretty standard. He may or may not have received much additional training from Sidious, but I would say he had, since he was throwing Force lightning around like it was no one's business.

- Dooku's lightsaber style of combat is considered to be 'old school', but it's served him well. He's considered to be incredibly skilled with a lightsaber, better focused and skilled in saber-on-saber dueling, and between him and his teammate, he's the better duelist. He held his own against Yoda. That crap about Yoda not trying to kill or hurt Dooku is moot here; there's no way you can't kill or at seriously maim someone with a lightsaber, and Dooku kept Yoda from doing that.

- Dooku wasn't known for being much of a strategist. Rallying troops and allies, sure, but as a tactician in itself: nothing particularly special or dangerous. All of that 'Well, he manipulated stuff, blah blah blah' doesn't matter, because it's all just stuff Sidious told him to do anyway. Of the two teammates, Obi's the better here.

------------------------
Darth Revan

- In terms of raw power and control, Revan is beyond the other two. Revan's mere presence overwhelms other Jedi (note, Bastila, and she herself was considered to be unusually strong) and he was also a Dark Lord of the Sith; the only true Dark Lords we know are big-bads so there's something here in itself. Intensely feared by the entire Jedi order, able to power and control the Star Forge, and draw from Malachor-I-forget-the-number without his own will breaking, we're talking some serious power. He even regained master of his power quickly, in a matter of weeks, even after it had been completely wiped.

- Training wise, I can't say that the KotOR era's Jedi training was any more effective than the prequel trilogy era, however, we do know that Revan was enthralled with gaining knowledge, no matter how forbidden, and that he learned from many different sources. A text-book geek who could do everything he learned.

- Lightsaber-wise, Revan comes from a period where Jedi and Sith often clashed with lightsabers -- a far cry from the movie period, in which even during the resurgence of the Sith in the Clone Wars, no Jedi expected to be fighting against another lightsaber. We also know Revan was incredibly skilled even for a Jedi of this time period, because he whipped a lot of ass. He also has Tulak Hord's holocron, which is pretty much a manual to "How to Be the Best Duelist... Ever".

- Strategically, Revan is almost the sole reason why the Mandalorians lost their war with the Republic. He was tactically devastating and even against the Republic itself, his only slip-up was in his underestimation of Darth Malak.

--------------------------

In the end, I'd have to say Revan wins. It's not unusual for a single individual to win in a saber duel against two opponents; we see it often in the movies itself. Dooku is a prime example. Obi-Wan Kenobi has no clear advantage over Revan; if it weren't for his ability to strategize, he'd be simply out-matched and would only serve as a distraction for Dooku. Dooku himself can't match Revan in sheer power, knowledge of the Force, nor in tactics, and thus we'll have to go on his ability with a lightsaber. Dooku, who is far more knowledgeable in the act of fighting against another lightsaber, might be able to give Revan a hard time, but in the end, I think it'd be Revan who'd win their duel. Skilled on his own, vastly more experienced than even Dooku, and a learner of Tulak Hord himself, Revan's just the better.

Since this is the two at the same time against Darth Revan, I'd say it may give Revan a hard time, but in the end, when the dust has cleared, Revan, albeit perhaps injured, will still be the victor.

Kiu Dun
Revan will win cuz of his abilities.

Darth_Janus
Excellent points. And very well put together. You've analyzed all the combatants, given credit where it is due (I mean, Obi Wan and Dooku are two of my favorite movie characters) and yet come to a conclusion which I could support no matter who I favored.

Fishy
Completly agree with Wanderer.... Dooku and Obi would die in this fight

Kun-ni Habeo
revan pwns them
2janus
i don't think revan can beat sadow,cuz if he could he could take down tulak too

Fishy
How the hell do you figure that?

Kun-ni Habeo
cuz naga sadow is stronger then tulak hord

Darth_Janus
I doubt that. Tulak Hord is the only Sith lord buried on Korriban who used a lightsaber and was renowned for it. Sadow's poisoned blade is actually a piece when you really look at it. Certainly no match for a lightsaber, and I doubt it had a cortosis weave to it. The Echani made that, not the Sith.

Kun-ni Habeo
yes but naga was amazing with the force,and actually i think his poison blade can match a lightsaber,cuz naga surely had some wicked magic to protect the sword(i thought of this few days ago)lol

Darth_Janus
I don't see it happening. Sorry dude

Kun-ni Habeo
why not ?it is pure logic,maga sadow maybe didn't have a saber but he had his own mega giga supr dupr weapon

Darth Mantis
In jedi academy, didn't Marka Ragnos did some force thing to Tavion's blade making it match Jaden's lightsaber. So Naga Sadow could probably do it...

Kun-ni Habeo
finally.....thank you.....lol......i said it is pure logic

Wanderer259
Well, if you want to be extremely technical, power doesn't always equate knowledge. Naga Sadow might have the capability of Force-amping his blade to match a lightsaber, but does he know how? Not that I'd know, really, just being nit-picky for the sake of it.

Do we know for sure that Sadow is stronger than Hord?

Kun-ni Habeo
yes..it is said in kotor ....lol

Darth_Glentract
Sith Swords
These alchemically reinforced blades can withstand any blow. Their indestructible nature allows them to even parry lightsbers. Such weapons have survived through thousands of generations and yet remain in perfect condition, their edges sharp and their blades straight. A Fabled Sith Sword is passed from Dark Lord of The Sith to Dark Lord of The Sith. The Creation of A Sith Sword Takes a Sith Alchemist. Sith Swords may be found upon ancient Sith grounds.

Kun-ni Habeo
i told ya so.....

jackstain
Janus does vote for revan a lot.

i only vote for maul when i honestly think he can win, so dont try it.

i think obi and dooku take this one, but not easily.

Darth_Glentract
maybe Janus honestly think that Revan would win.

jackstain
oh i never said he didnt

i was just defending myself.
i just said he votes for him a lot.

and i wuld stick up for janus over snake eyes everyday of the week.

Darth_Janus
Thanks Jack. If it makes you feel any better, everytime Alf or Maul is mentioned, you come to mind in some amusing way. Or... Darth Alf. Good lord.

But okay, I stand corrected about the blade's abilities. But still, do you think Naga Sadow would defeat a legendary mastery with a lightsaber? No. Main reason why not? Sadow's blade is single edged. A lightsaber is deadly from all angles.

Darth_Glentract
Tukal is definatly the best in one on one meele. He used a specialized cloak that took atleast four direct hits to peirce. It is said he never needed his cloak.

Darth_Janus
Nice.

Darth_Glentract
seems pretty useful

Darth_Janus
I'll take one. You want plastic or paper? *Brandishes cash and credit cards*

intrudingPChan
darth revan isnt strong enough

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.