Steel vs. Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CountQuan
So it's steel vs. iron. Who prevails?

Draco69
In his current armour, Steel has a chance. Especially with the Mother Box implanted. Regular armour doesn't stand much of a chance.

crazyspinz
steel sucks. iron man takes it, no problem

Tormentor_2004
haha

spetznaz
Originally posted by CountQuan
So it's steel vs. iron. Who prevails?

Steel wins this easy .....IF he is wearing his Aegis armor.

manjaro
Steel regardless of what armor he's in, id be willing to say that steel has got him outclassed in all aspects of armory of any sort. the only credit i give IM is his armors have alot more fancy bells and whistles but that usually means that he has to sacrifice power from an offensivee POV to have all of them running.

But most importantly, if anyone remebers steel's first suit alone, though simple, and straight forward was powerful enuff to fight the eradicator to a standstill(Return of Superman)

if you look at IM strongest armors(hulkbuster, thorbuster) what they all have in common is that they are an armor within an armor, but steel is just a one shot deal of unimaginable power. also, Steel encounters planetary level threats like....all the time while IM only sees that kind of action when the Kree or Skrulls come to town. (or wait until Hulk or Thor acts up)

however to IM credit he now currently has a suit he can summon with a mental command, not that it really means anything to this match for steel has had that capability since the mid 90's...so steel by far, even in one of his regular suits

Cosmic Cube
Iron Man faces big time enemies and cosmic threats regularly as a member of the Avengers. He's also way smarter than Steel, more powerful, more durable, and faster too. His armor is WAY more advanced than Steel's. The Repulsor blasts alone could rip Steel's armor apart.

Mainstream
sure about that Cos. Cube...Steel not a pushover you know.

ebonyblade1
Steel without a doubt, one of the most underated characters in D.C. Anyone who reads the comic knows this fight would not last 3 minutes. But of course some fanboy will argue because iron man is cool he should win. Steel has the ability to take over any mechanical device he comes in contact with. He would have iron man punching himself in the face. The mother box alone would tell steel the weaknesses of iron man's armor. I ain't even talking about the aegeis armor, which would only mean the fight would last 24 seconds. I am talking about current steel. Iron man couldn't beet his neice. He designed her armor and it grows. Yes it can grow from 5 ft to a 100 ft. Tony stark is smart, but he doesn't even come close to being the techno genius John is. The only reason John's suit is so simple is because John is meant to be a copy of the John Henry of american legend. John is 6'3 225 pounds and can bench press 600 pounds easy. He is a bad@ss without his armor.

Draco69
The niece armour looks cool.

ebonyblade1
Yeah his robogirl armor is a work of art. i think they could have chosen a better name for her though.

LordFear
No freakin' way dudes!!!
IM is gonna squash Steel.
Offensively this is not a battle. Repulsor, unibeam, EMP, smart bombs, missiles with a 60 lockon targeting system, AI, exoskeleton that is almost as durable as adamantium(an iron/titanium polymer coating), sonic disruptors, force field, internial dampners, magnetic negator(cancels out magnetic fields) and 3 different powersources.
and that's just what I can remember. There's also that goo that he throws at you with a sensor stick that pinpoints your weakness and explodes on impact. Too much for Steel, forget it.

Swanky-Tuna
Steel is going to hack IM's armor? Doesn't he fight armor hacking enemies all the time? And doesn't he hack the armor of others all the time? I don't think hacking will work. Hack hack hack.

manjaro
first, if im not mistaken LOrd Fear thats the specs for the skin armor, one that he has only used once if i rememeber correctly.

like i said IM armors has more bells and whistles but the power it takes to keep all that running taxes its capabilites greatly. when it comes to intelligence its hard to judge who is smarter for if i know that 1+1
=2, and you know the same its impossible to say which of us is smarter(sorry couldnt think of anything better) also lets not forget that Steel incorporates B13 tech in all his armors. and he does have limted control over the EM Spectrum plus the Hammer to knock IM freaking block off. what do you think would happen if he threw it at him from lets say two miles away? once it gains momentum it would smash him into next week. Also IM forcefields only come on when he activates it, Steel's howver stays up 24/7 also Steels Armor self repair

LordFear
No Manjaro.
These features are standard. If it was the skin I wouldn't have put in AI, and a few other capabilities.
These features have become standard on all of his later models.
Furthermore the skin didn't have a propulsion system.

manjaro
then i stand corrected

black wolverine
wat tyhe **** steel is hecca weak compare to ironman ironman is mexican steel will just eat his burritos

Scoobless
Originally posted by manjaro
But most importantly, if anyone remebers steel's first suit alone, though simple, and straight forward was powerful enuff to fight the eradicator to a standstill(Return of Superman)

most importantly??? the only reason he survived that fight was because eradicator needed those glasses as his eyes were too sensitive to light, steel broke them..... he never hurt the eradicator at all.... the whole time steel was pounding away with his best shots all erad was thinking was. "why does this guy think he has a chance at beating me?"

there was no "fight to a standstill"

LordFear
HA, HA, HA
THAT'S CRAZY
STEEL sucks and the movie was the straw that broke the camel's back.

ebonyblade1
Too much for steel. He has taken more punishment then iron man can dish out. And that is with the weaker version of his armor. Steel is the wolverine of man/machine combo. If he allows iron man to knock him down, and hit him with every weapon. Do you know what is going to happen? His armor will repair itself and learn from every last one of those attacks. Iron man has a lot of flash and fury, but it won't do anything to steels. I am pretty sure marvel will steal some more of steels capabilities and you will say how great iron man is. Steels armor was built to last. It has more defensive capability then any armor made for supervillian or hero. That is why he can go toe to toe with the eradicator. He fights superman level heroes in metropolis. He's fought on the cosmic, alien, and heavenly level dealing with the JLA and Superman. If you really think about it. Which you probably won't. Iron man can't win. And yes I follow iron man. I saw that he has a clear weakness when the mandarin's son took him out in his iron man suit using kung-fu. He obliterated iron man.

ebonyblade1
Oh and the suit has a dampening field to protect against emp. And that fight with eradicator. C'mon, would you give up on a fight because you need your glasses? No one is that big of a punk. I don't care how much your eyes hurt if you are fighting to win you will still fight. eradicator has other enhanced senses, so don't make excuses for him he's a big boy.

LordFear
Do you think Temugin (the name of the guy was Temugin) can't take out Steel???
You are outta your mind.
Temugin is an insanely powerful kid, WITHOUT his pop's rings!!!
Steel is a second rate superheroe. If the guy was such a powerhouse then he would be among the premier on the JLA roster but he is just in reserve. Face it the guy is a freakin' hack.
I read his stats and his weaponry and you gotta be joking if IM is gonna get whacked by that chump.
He's a wannabe Stark flunky who got pissed cuz he got fired for having a conscious and went to his basement of some abandon wharehouse to build his armor, which by the way half of the tech stems from S.T.A.R labs. Then thinks he can be the answer to Metropolis's death of Supes.
Your boy is a hack Period!!!

ebonyblade1
what is ironman's excuse for being beaten by a human with no armor using bruce lee level kung fu?

ebonyblade1
Thanks for the name. No Temugin would not take out steel. He is peak human just like John is steel could take on Temugin without his armor. Tony without his armor would be feeble. Temugin is insanely powerful with his rings. He beat iron man without his rings. He is not insanely powerful without his rings and you know it.

Scoobless
Originally posted by ebonyblade1
Oh and the suit has a dampening field to protect against emp. And that fight with eradicator. C'mon, would you give up on a fight because you need your glasses? No one is that big of a punk. I don't care how much your eyes hurt if you are fighting to win you will still fight. eradicator has other enhanced senses, so don't make excuses for him he's a big boy.

that's just it......Eradicator wasn't fighting to win..... he got annoyed, lost his glasses then took steel's best hits without harm and spent the fight wondering why steel thought he had a chance in hell of beating him....... if he HAD been fighting to win steel would be a smear on the pavement

ebonyblade1
He was asked on the team by superman, batman second it because they respect him. Don't you read the comics? He left the team because he wanted to be with his family, and told them that they can call on him if they need him, but his family comes first. He was one of superman's main ally in the war series. He and the aegis armor was one of the very reason earth survived. The man's a hero.

ebonyblade1
you do know you are talking about the same eradicator that was destroying his opponents. literally. Steel fought him with his earlier armor and gave as good as he got. If that is not good enough for you. He walked away from the fight of his own power. If that had been iron man vs eradicator. Tony would be dead, because he would not survive a fight with the eradicator. his armor or his heart would give out eventually.

ebonyblade1
c'mon, i got 20 minutes before I have to leave. throw something else my way.

nigel45
*Hurls large book*

ebonyblade1
Steel thrown hammer's destructive power rivals super man destructive power at over 60 yds. and it returns to him. Imagine steel get some distance between and throws his hammer. it returns he throws it again, and again and again.... And it doesn't stop till it hits something. When it hits ironman it will be over. His forcefield can't stand up to hulk like blows over a period of time.

K3VIL
Any pics of the aegis armor?I've never seen it.

ebonyblade1
I have them in my comic book at home, but I have no idea how to put it on here.

lightaxe
scan it o_o nub.

Scoobless
IM can use multiple methods to stop/repulse the hammer..... not to mention just getting out of its way

and i've read that steel/eradicator scene a few times......eradicator was not hurt other than having pain in his eyes from the light....... he didn't kill steel because his self righteousness wavered in the face of someone fighting a battle they could not win...... that was when he started to get the whole hero thing

DarkMenace
ok

ebonyblade1
ah, I was waiting for someone to mention the repulse the hammer or dodge it. Well the thing is when steel calls his hammer it returns wether in flight or not. And what ever kinetic energy it has gain it stays stored until steel releases, dc says it maybe due to alien technology. I say it is just john's genius. So imagine that at 60 yards it has the destructive power of superman misses or is stopped by iron man and upon John's command is returned to him and gains even more power . With the hammer in his hand he is even more dangerous then when he threw it. One above superman level blow should end the fight. Can you say hammer time? Oh yeah, I went there.

Swanky-Tuna
What if he reverses the armor hacking trick and makes Steel hit himself in the face with the hammer?

Scoobless
So imagine that at 60 yards it has the destructive power of superman misses or is stopped by iron man and upon John's command is returned to him and gains even more power . With the hammer in his hand he is even more dangerous then when he threw it. One above superman level blow should end the fight. Can you say hammer time? Oh yeah, I went there.

i've heard some stupid tech stuff in comics....... but that's just dumb (not you, the whole concept)

ebonyblade1
okay, i am finished with the fight with the erradicator. If anything it says a lot about steel's character. You want to explain why iron man fell so easy Temugin, mandarin's very human son who was a reluctant villian who beat iron man (who had on his armor),without any weapons, any rings or any body armor to a bloody pulp. And don't try to convince me how bad temugin is compared to anyone else. He was just a regular guy who studied the martial arts. Wolverine, shang chi, iron fist, frank castle, elektra, nightwing, robin, batgirl, and lady shiva, would have put up a better fight. Heck most of the people I listed would have won. But iron man at class 100 strength didn't last 2 minutes. John henry can fight without his armor, he is able to bench press 650 1bs he would have lasted longer than iron man did.

ebonyblade1
No offense taken. But half of the things in dc is just dumb. the running at the speed of light. superman's super aura. the hammer thing. I will be the first to admit that it's dumb. I prefer more real characters. I've read somewhere that superman can lift 1 million tons. and steel can lift 4000 tons. In either case its just nuts. I also like to defend the underdog, which unfortunately I don't have any more time to do. but I have enjoyed this thread cause i am actually a fan of both iron man and steel.

Swanky-Tuna
You want to explain why iron man fell so easy Temugin
Bad. Writing.

If he can take blows from Hulk and fall from space like a shooting star and still keep ticking afterwards he should durable to take anything a martial artist can throw. Tell me, did Temugin damage IM?

manjaro
with reagrds to the eradicator thing. ifi remeber correctly they were bashing each other up pretty good cuasing craters and such beforehis glasses got knocked off. either way that was when his suit was just metal casing with jet boots and some widgets to fire at ppl.

whats the reason you think he doesnt have a room full of armor like IM does? cuz his is there to stay. he just constantly upgrades it. like i said previously it can repair it self it pretty much as all of IM capabiltes, i like the wolverine in a suit analogy but i would more liken it to a "Doomsday" or 'SS4 Goku" suit. meaning you cant use he same level of attack twice cuz it learns and adapts. we have seen on a number of occasions where IM runs out of juice the longer he uses his armors weapons and the more intense his attacks. he would have no choice but to fight at an optimum level to maintain enuff power to haul ass if need be. even if he's wearing one of his suits that siphon energy from heat, cold, sunlight, or other power sources, its not an instant transmutaiton so thats more than enuff time or him to get clobbered. another intersting note about the hammer is that it can home in on its target. it was mentioned that 60 yards is all that is needec for super killer blows what if he just throws rom 200 yards away,, and have it home in on tony like a heat seeking missile? well...at least he wont have that alcohol problem anymore laughing

Swanky-Tuna
You act like Ironman is struttin around in his Golden Avenger armor. You think he's never dealt with homing missiles or utilized nano-tech?

the Darkone
ok now you are talking stupid. Temugin the son of mandarin absorb so much of the rings power all ten of them he no longer needed the rings get it right.Iron man has more sh**t load of aromor technology that steel would be jealous of. One of Iron man suits his most powerful one which it took the she hulk with one punch is the same aromor that allowed him to go head up thor(odin force) that suit is made of the same metal that destroyer is made of and his hammer. Ironman will put his ass in a wheel chair, can steel go head up with thanos or thor(odinforce) hell the will be sweaping his remains up the broom.

Swanky-Tuna
It seems more and more likely that if Tony had access to the kind of god-like technology the DC gang gets their hands on all the time, he'd be a god himself.

Draco69
Originally posted by the Darkone
ok now you are talking stupid. Temugin the son of mandarin absorb so much of the rings power all ten of them he no longer needed the rings get it right.Iron man has more sh**t load of aromor technology that steel would be jealous of. One of Iron man suits his most powerful one which it took the she hulk with one punch is the same aromor that allowed him to go head up thor(odin force) that suit is made of the same metal that destroyer is made of and his hammer. Ironman will put his ass in a wheel chair, can steel go head up with thanos or thor(odinforce) hell the will be sweaping his remains up the broom.

That was the Thorbuster armour. IM was wearing his normal armour when he knocked out She-Hulk. He was given it anyway. Doesn't really matter anyway.

Cosmic Cube
Tony is smarter, faster, more powerful, and more durable than Steel. Iron Man fights Hulk, and Thor, often. I'd like to see how well Steel would fare against either of the two.

Jason8200
Ok I dont know which would win and whose armor is better but I do knoe Henry Irons is a bas a$$ even without his armor. A BUILDING fell on him when Doomsday attacked and he still crawled out saying, "Gotta... stop DOOMSDAY!"
Seriously how many plain mortals do you know that just walk away from buildings falling on them.
I think just each guys basic armor should be used because
1. IM is not going to be like oh I see this guy I need to make a better armor. He is going to take his basic armor.
2. Its only fair that you put each one in his basic armor.

So head on I think Steel would win.

By the way ehoever said he didnt go toe to toe with the Eradicator... have you even read that issue? He took a blast going who knows how fast slamming into the Earth and caused a huge crater. He went blow for blow with the Eradicator. He wouldnt have won in the long run but he held his ground.

Cosmic Cube
And Iron Man has held his ground against Thanos.

ragesRemorse
there is no wy Shaq is beating ironman. i'd be surprised if shaq could even hold a converation with ironman.

ebonyblade1
Shaq? That's a bad movie steel. You are smarter than that. So don't act that way. Steel is in metropolis he fights people as strong as thor all the time. Mettallo, cyborg superman, brainiac, and Darkseid. Anyway, I am not arguing this today, I have other things to do. anyone who want to check out his aegis armor go to. www.angelfire.com/comics/ArenaofOrion/steel.html

ebonyblade1
Okay, it doesn't work all of a sudden. Sorry. I will try again later.

manjaro
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
You act like Ironman is struttin around in his Golden Avenger armor. You think he's never dealt with homing missiles or utilized nano-tech? actually it was to illustrate that not only does the hammer gain momentum the longer its airborne, it also has remote capabilites, all of which are controlled mentally by steel. thats why i said "like" a heat seeking missile not-- its gonna pick up on Tony's suits heat sig(i think thats what you were trying to say right?)

LordFear
First off that scenario is played out.
IM has been tracked by heat, kinetic seeking missiles before Steel was even thought off as a character, the man is not going down like a chump llike that. Furthermore Ebonyblade(sorry I am answering only now, was held up in traffic) but IM has features in his armor, one among which that can cancel out armor plated foes. He has fought Crimson Dynamo and countless of other high powered armored foes, including WarMachine. He is well prepped for such a fight. Steel stands no chance because whatever he throws at IM, IM can and will counter. And if you still are doubful then just toss at me any scenario possible and I will gladly disprove it.

ebonyblade1
I've already mention the hammer stores whatever kinetic energy it gains when it returns to steel, he can just take the fight up close. When the hammer hits (depends on how long it's been airborne, but I hope it doesn't connect and iron man dodges it or tries to send it back at steel) its going to hit with greater than superman like strength not to mention steels own personal strength in the armor. Gotham knights has him listed at 70 tons. Yeah different web sites have him at different strength, but if aquaman is class 100 now. I am sure steel is at least 70. At any rate Iron man can't stand up to that. And About ironman's armored foes. He hasn't faced anything like steel even back in the day when his armor was self healing and learned from every encounter, it was well beyond anything marvel had to offer. Steel has a continual force field and the best armor plating DC can offer. And a dampening field. He designed the suit that took out superman in his cartoon series and to make amends developed one that was even better for himself. In the comic book superman borrowed his armor to take out to kids that stole his (superman's) power. The suit is a work of art. But I have to go I won't be here to disprove any thing you have to say.

Swanky-Tuna
He designed the suit that took out superman in his cartoon seriesYou lost some cred on that one.

ebonyblade1
Oh and swanky, I would be more incline to believe you than the fact that tegumin is a bad ass. I read the comic book. He was a reluctant villian carrying on his father's legacy. Kinda honorable. But yeah, he damaged tony pretty bad. he took his rings off and beat tony like he stole something. He even cracked his armor, where it was weakest. Iron man barely made it out of there alive.

ebonyblade1
okay, i cited a cartoon, it's not like steel is a superhero that's been round since the 60's. There is a lot more information about ironman. For obvious reasons. Gotta go.

Swanky-Tuna
Darkone up there says, although very badly, that Tegumin absorbed the power of the rings. Regardless, you're going to take one instance of Tony's armor getting wrecked by Tegumin over the times he's taken blows from Hulk or fallen from the sky like a meteor?

LordFear
Dampening field?
So does IM!!!!
You wanna talk about strength class???
IM is classed easily 80-85 under standard operating and 100 under maximum stress. So what is 70 class gonna do?
You seriously think Steel's armor is anywhere near Tony's, are you for real, buddy???
I haven't seen Steel stand up to the likes of Hulk and Thor. I haven't seen Steel fight and defeat FFF repeatedly!!!! I haven't seen Steel defeat foes like the Mandarin. The list goes on and on buddy.
Bring me some comparable enemies of Steel and we'll compare.
Is Steels armor aerodynamically forged???No for what I can see that thing is as bulky as a coffin. Does Steel have three sources of powers in case of emergency???Nope.Dude please leave your fanboyism at the door next time.

the Darkone
HE EVEN FOUGHT MAGNETO. CAN STEEL FIGHT HIM HELL NO MAGNETO WILL CRUSH HIM LIKE A SODA CAN.IM HAD FOUGHT BEINGS THAT STEEL DOESN'T NOT WANT TOSEE. HULK, THANOS, THOR, DESTROYER, LOKI, SILVER SRFER, DR.DOOM ETC. DR.DOOM WILL MAKE STEEL HIS B****.

Superherovandal
he could beat all of them in His Entropy Aegis Armor.

the Darkone
DUDE DOES HE HAVE IT NOW. NOPE. HE LEFT IT ON APOKOLIPS, WHEN SUPERMAN BEAT DARKSEID ASS DOWN. SO GOES THEIR THE ARMOR, AND DON'T FORGET IRONMAN HAS AN ARMOR THAT IS MADE FROM THE SAME URU METAL THAT DESTROYER WAS MADE FROM WHICH HE USED TO GO HEAD UP WITH KING THOR(ODINFORCE).

hot rod
Iron man win. Steel is a horrible copy of iron man.

BootlegBoys420
IM takes this one. he is smarter,faster,but we think there equal in strength.

MERCILOUS
Nah, even older versions of Iron man could reach super-heavy weight class strength, if even for a few minutes before shorting out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.