Fat Americans-Snooty Frenchmen...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
Why did I make these two threads? For an experiment. I wanted to see how people would react to two stereotypes--the obese American and the arrogant Frenchmen.

Hypothesis: Posters would jeer at the United States, wholeheartedly agreeing with me while slamming me in the French thread. Undoubtedly, there would be some supporters of the stereotype in my "French" thread, but they too would be labeled as "ignorant hicks" and the like.

I haven't had time to "collect" the results, but I hope that I'm not too disappointed...or perhaps I should hope that I'm incorrect.

(By the way, I apologize for making a third thread about all this, but I figure that it is easier to make another post summing it all up.)

Americans are fat.

The French are snooty.

FeceMan
Hmm...I am rather surprised, but I probably should have waited longer for the flames to get started. Oh, well, I didn't want people to think I was a complete jackass.

Draco69
You're correct. You can badmouth America in this thread but everything else is taboo. Please.

LanİeWindu™
And I was gonna come into this thread to tell you to stop calling American's fat...laughing out loud Nah I wasn't gonna do it. I agree with both topics...laughing

debbiejo
feceman...your not sorry for makin a 3rd thread and i"m not either.....

Lets talk really fat and greasy people...that hang around with really snooty french cheeze eaters... big grin

MC Mike

Both not true. America is too spoiled, yes, and that leads to lots of fat people. France (specifically Paris) is very solitary... which could look "snooty".

But face it, America is easier to make fun of.

King Burger
How about the thread "Italians are pick-pockets"? No?

"All British men are gay"?

"People from Trinidad & Tobago are ignored"?

I kid ofcourse.

But Les French are snooty though.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Draco69
You're correct. You can badmouth America in this thread but everything else is taboo. Please.

It is confirmed that America is the fattest nation in the world - 60% of America is fat.

It is however a stereotypical observation that French are snooty.

There is a huge differance between the two.

Tptmanno1
IT would have been better if you called Americans Arrogant...

debbiejo
Americans arn't arrogant...Not the ones I know..They may feel save, but not arrogant.....But not to save anymore.....poor us.

Tptmanno1
but it would be better than saying fat americans
and yes we are extreemly arrogant.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by debbiejo
Americans arn't arrogant...Not the ones I know..They may feel save, but not arrogant.....But not to save anymore.....poor us.

I have met and spoken to some really arrogant Americans, some were really ignorant, others were clueless, yet some were absolutely wonderful, some were incredibly intelligent and well read, others were just breeze to be around.

Stereotyping is not exactly representitive of the majority - however for every stereotype there is a person to support it.

bilb
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Stereotyping is not exactly representitive of the majority - however for every stereotype there is a person to support it.

Very true. How do you think a stereotype becomes a stereotype?

lil bitchiness
Yup, exactly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.