fav left out parts in book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

naamarie
hey guys i've wanted to do this tghread for a long time now but i was not sure if it has already been done i've glanced over most of the threads and diddnt see any so i'm sorry if there is another one.......

This thread is basiclly to tell your favorite parts in the book that were left out in the making of the movie....

naamarie
lol lots of spelling mistakes sorry lol i hope ya'll can still read it

Kitoky
* thinks*

*thinks*

Mouth of Sauron.

naamarie
i liked the whole thing in the forest in the 1st book and the willow tree and tom.. although the willow tree is in the extended version i think that it would hav had more effect (for me) if tom was there. i was looking forward to that part but its ok that its not in there..... it kinds slowed down the story line anyways.

PippinTook
Tom Bombadil, for sure. Poor Tom was left out of the whole thing sad But PJ does have a good reason for leaving him out. Even though he's loved by many people on here, he didn't exactly have the biggest effect on Frodo, Sam, Merry, or Pippin. I still think PJ could have put him in the EE, but he has his reasons roll eyes (sarcastic)

naamarie
yea i agree totally it held back the story and had no effect lol... couldnt pj have put it in the extended though y diddnt he do tht???

PippinTook
confused I don't know. He could have added it, though. It wouldn't take up but about 15, 20 minutes, maybe. sad It would have been brilliant if he put Tom in the movie.

Ey, I know what naamarie means stick out tongue Whoop! I know Elvish! Well, one word, but you know. Haha. I doubt I'll ever get up to Exa's level roll eyes (sarcastic) It means farewell, but I thought it was spelled Namaarie? confused Eh, I dunno stick out tongue

naamarie
lol no im pretty sure its naamarie and u do have a good point on tht

nazgulinthedark
mouth of sauron mouth of sauron Happy Dance

shadowy_blue
You mean left out as in it wouldn't also be in the EE?

And from how I understood your question, you're just asking us what were our favorite parts in the book that was left out in the movie, you're not asking us what parts of the book do we regret that they were left out in the movie? Because I think it's different.

First of, it's like this. I liked the Scouring of the Shire because it was awesome in the books, but I NEVER regretted it that it was left out in the movies because I know that it was unnecessary basing from how the movies were made. I wasn't pissed off with that.

I also loved the scenes in the Barrow-downs and Tom Bombadil but I wasn't really pissed that they weren't in the movie. Reason? Look above.

Eowyn and Faramir. If they had been left out in the EE, I will regret it terribly. They are my favorite literary couple and I was very touched by their story, more so than Arwen's and Aragorn's, but since we're not talking about love stories here, I'll just shut up about it and not prolong the issue anymore. Anyway, we haven't heard anything about the scene yet. We know it was filmed, but nothing is heard if it will be put in the EE or not.

Hhmh..for some reason, Fatty Bolger fascinates me, so he's of my left-out favorites, along with Prince Imrahil.

Halbarad and the other Dunedain Rangers, they're very awesome and cool. I just regret it that if they had managed to put some Elves in Helm's Deep even though it NEVER happened in the book, how come they haven't managed to put in the Dunedain Rangers if they actually appeared in the book?

I heard Bergil will be in the EE, someone was casted as him, but if it wasn't put in, then he's one also.

MoS and VoS were confirmed to be in the EE, so I wouldn't consider them left out. smile

Kitoky
But I can really understand why they didn't film Tom, it didn't do the plot any good and it'd just make the movie longer and the scene seems pointless.

Exa

mors823
All the other charatures of the Siege of Gondor like the Prince of Dol Armoth and Pippin's friend (Can't spell there names that well) I was really looking foward to seeing them. The small battle of Gandalf vs. The Witch King was nice. Mouth of Sauron can't be missed.

By leaving Tom out of the movie, it further enhances the mystery of who he is. I bet even PJ and Tolkien doesn't know exactly what Tom is. It would spoil the surpise if he was included.

naamarie
crap...... o well maybe if i caan change it with the accents i will

Iirima
^^ Ditto to most of what she said, lol. I want to see Scouring of the Shire, but I don't complain like I do, "Glorfindel, we wants Glorfindel, Precious! WE WANTS HIM!!!" Haha...I lurve my sig. love

Smodden
horay for phonebooking!!!!!!!wink

Smodden
s-b took the words out of my mouth....i don't regret anyof it not being in the movie but i kinda miss it....does that make since?....

ok might as well go in chronological order:

old man WILLOW!!! but i did enjoy the bit in TTT ee with treebeard...big grin\

i would say tom bombadil but seeing as techincaly he WAS in the movie(as the witch king) i can't say i missed him....wink.....laughing j/k...sorta..

nob the litle guy at the inn....

i wish i could have seen more of ithilian esp at the end of rotk when far and eowen get wedded....but i was semi satisfyed in TTT...

i wish i could have seen merry and pippen trying to trick the orc more....by pretending they have the ring and what not....

i missed the sons of elrond....and the dunadain rangers...i have to admit when i saw elrond riding up the hill all hooded and black in ROTK when he's bringing the sword to aragorn...I thought it was a dunadain...but it was just elrond....

i missed pippen killing a troll...but now that i think of it...he did help with cavy troll...so scratch that one...

i missed scorging.....

but i repeat these exclusions by NO means affect the films in a negative way..and i am quite satisfyed without thembig grin

mors823
All these scenes don't hurt the main storyline. PJ made this movie to be good for fans as well as normal people. Some of these scenes would just confuse people ie Bombadil. Most of these scenes are in the EE to gives true fans something extra to enjoy.

Agent Elrond
bump

Discos
lol you and your speed laws roll eyes (sarcastic)

anyways, Mouth of sauron or scouring of the shire...or perhaps the fact that sam and frodo didnt go to osgiliath and that Hadlir doesnt go to helms deep miffed

Sauron
mouth of sauron. when i saw rotk, i was thinking 'oh i would have loved to see what aragorn would say if he thought they were dead'

but i recently learned that when he says 'for frodo' he doesnt mean give him more time
this was filmed after the mouth of sauron and gandy have their lil fight, and aragorn thinks the quest has failed and that this is their last stand

and they do it 'for frodo'

am i helpful or what!?

no discos, i am not or what you cheeky beggar stick out tongue

Discos
cheeky beggar eh? you fool

actually you didnt make sense, "for frodo"....runs

Sauron
buger off then

Agent Elrond
sauron, I do believe you are right. The MoS will be in the EE.
That was a cool part.
In RotK (book), there was a scene where the ridders of rohan when through this forest guided by these wierd ppl. That would have been cool to see
and the grey company

Discos
you can actually see in the normal edition the Mithril on the ground when Aragorn is running towards the orcs.....

I knew it was going to be in the EE for a while, there have been heaps of threads about it

Thorondor
i want to see aragorn using the palantir in the ee stick out tongue

Agent Elrond
so it is true. I heard aragorn did that, but can't remember that scene in the book

Thorondor
i think it's daft, why show aragorn using it and not denethor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.