AOTC Anakin vs. ROTJ Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CountQuan
Luke was movin really fast in Episode six when the fleet was losing to the TIE

Darth_Nefarus
This is a lot more fair of a fight, but I think Anakin would end up winning this one by a singed hair or two.

nazgūl-lord
This is very close but I would say Anakin

Darth_Nefarus
extremely close, I bet someone would lose the right hand though...

nazgūl-lord
Of course
it wouldn't be a lightsaber duel if nobody loses a hand stick out tongue

Darth_Nefarus
I love how the Skywalkers are whiny sissies in the first two episodes, lose a hand, then in the third film they become mega badasses.

nazgūl-lord
big grinbig grin
well said

Darth_Nefarus
I always thought that was odd

jedimaster2000
A better match-up, but i still think Anakin will take this one from his son. He has more experience, and had more formal training.

Darth Revan33
no way. i would say vader was far more powerful than AOTC Anakin considering Dooku beat him and Vader could surely take down Dooku. And we all saw that Luke beat Vader so i would definitely say Luke.

Tormentor_2004
Good match but it is so obvious that Anakin wins this.

Darth_Nefarus
I suppose ROTJ Luke is more powerful than AOTC Anakin, but who has more skill?
I'll stick with Anakin for now

Darth_Janus
Anakin would own his son. It's really about length of combat training. At least Anakin was a padawan for what? Ten years. Luke barely pulled off the escape from Jabba's palace. Don't get me wrong, I respect and like Luke a lot. But he is still a child at this point.

Darth_Nefarus
That's true, but as Darth Revan 33 said, he was fighting a much more powerful version of Anakin and he was able to win. So Luke could win, but it would be incredibly harder for him and he would likely turn to the darkside in doing so.

Darth_Janus
Luke did NOT fight a much more powerful version of Anakin, I don't think at all. Vader was barely human. AOTC Anakin was much more capable of defeating Luke.

Darth_Nefarus
Darth Vader from the OT is more powerful than padawan Anakin in AOTC. He's trained longer, has the darkside(which is more powerful) and he was more level headed.

Darth_Janus
Hm. Alright, I buy that. Maybe not as showy a fighter than AOTC Anakin, but I can believe he's more powerful with the Force, and especially the dark side.

Darth_Nefarus
We're kind of agreeing!

Darth_Janus
I blame the food here.

Darth_Nefarus
It's that blue milk I drank

Darth_Janus
Uh... that wasn't milk...

Darth_Nefarus
*chokes and coughs rapidly*

Force Adept
I think Anakin would've taken Luke out, but you'd have to ignore the fact that they're family. Or at least they would. Or it'd probably go like it did in ROTJ..

A reason I think Vader and Luke's battles weren't as fast paced and all that skillful LOOKING, is because they were both trying to turn each other, and/or maim. smile But that's mostly due to the blood ties, so they'd have to ignore that to take each other out..

Darth_Nefarus
Yeah, I've always argued Vader didn't want to kill Luke, and Luke didn't want to kill Vader.

jedimaster2000
When Luke tapped into the dark side, it certainly didn't look like he didn't want to kill Vader. But at least he managed to regain control of himself after realizing what he had done.

Darth_Nefarus
Dude, getting angry doesn't mean he tapped into the darkside. IMHO
But either way, you're right, Luke has much more control than Anakin does when it comes to rage.

AragonIsKing
I dont know...????...it would be really close...I mean, Obi wan trained them both....Ohhhh, this one's tough....<think>...Luke Skywalker, because he was more in control mentally and Obi Wan was able to fix some mistakes he had made with Anakin.

Force Adept
Getting angry is tapping into the darkside, at least for a Jedi. It goes against everything that they're taught. Maybe it isn't truely "tapping into the darkside" though, maybe it just led to the darkside. Either way, completely un-Jedi-like..

Darth_Nefarus
I agree it's very un Jedi like, but I just don't think you can tap into it. Once you use it, it will take over like a parasite does.

jedimaster2000
I think we are looking at it different ways. By meaning "tap", I'm just saying that he used a bit of dark side power, for instance, using your anger and aggression to attack. But you're not at the point where your anger and aggression will TOTALLY control you.

Force Adept
It still a path to the Darkside, IMO, and completely against Jedi teachings.

Darth_Nefarus
Well I agree with what you're saying, especially since Mace Windu's vaapad system has a lot to do with channeling both sides of the force.

Darth Revan33
Ok, even IF Anakin was somehow stronger than Luke, Luke would still probably win due to his level headedness. AOTC Anakin was very arrogant, thinking that he was as good as Yoda. But I still think ROTJ Luke is far more powerful than AOTC Anakin.

Darth_Nefarus
Exactly. level heads usually win

Stealth Agent
I change my vote. Luke would win. green always beats blue atleast on the food chain.

Luke is just to cool. I think he's stronger tapped in with the force in rotj even though Anakin had more training. Luke seems more calm and whatnot.

Darth_Nefarus
and Luke affinity with the force rivals Anakin's, afterall he only trained for like a total of three months.

jedimaster2000
I agree Luke can take it from his dad. But it would indeed by a super close fight.

Darth_Janus
I saw Obi Wan scolds them both and sends them scurrying.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, of course, it's Oni-Wan the master of luck/resourcefulness/level headedness

Darth_Janus
And the man. Don't forget that, too.

DenKi
HAHAAHAAHAH

WHO SAID LUKE??

How could some random FARM BOY whos had like what? 2/3 years of Jedi Training beat Anakin?? Some of you people are so Stupid, You think Lukes Better becos He Beat Vader and hes special, Just think about Force powers and Lightsabre Skill.

Luke could BARLY hold up 3CPO off the ground while he was in his chair and your saying that Lukes better??? haahhhaa

Darth_Janus
I hope for the sake of your family at home that you don't talk anything like you post.

Darth_Nefarus
Luke barely held C-3PO? It only looks that way because they didn't have Cg to work with you know. It was a little harder to do that on camera in the 80's man.
Besides, Luke could win because Anakin rushes into things without thinking, while Luke has learned much in a short time.

DenKi
Rushing in doesnt Mean anything, its about force, Anakin has the highest forcepower in the whole of the Jedi, He could kick Lukes ass.

Darth Trytavius
I think Luke will be won, because he was defeated Vader and Vader such more powerful against Anakin in skills and power.

Darth_Nefarus
AS episode 3 proves, you can have all the power in the universe(Anakin) but if you aren't level headed and experienced (Obi-Wan) you'll lose

jedimaster2000
Agreed, that's why I always thought Yoda or Mace has the chance of defeating ROTS Anakin.

CountQuan
I think they're even

Darth_Nefarus
Well, I don't think Yoda or MAce could do it, because they didn't know Anakin or his weaknesses like Obi-Wan

jedimaster2000
but they do know that Anakin lacks level-headedness though and can probably try to make him lose concentration. I dunno, it's hard to say.

Darth_Nefarus
Well, Mace does lose his arm courtesy of Anakin (spoilers I read) and Yoda has always been somewhat fearful of Anakin (with good reason). I guess I might like Obi-Wan too much, but he knows all of Anakin's weaknesses since he trained him.

jedimaster2000
The reason why I argue Yoda or Mace can defeat ROTS Anakin is because Obi-Wan always reports his missions with Anakin to the two Jedi Masters. In one of the deleted scenes in AOTC, Obi-Wan clearly stated that he regretted training Anakin and should have done as the council suggested during TPM due to Anakin's many problems. Yoda and Mace definitely know of Anakin's weaknesses, like his arrogance, overconfidence, lack of self-control, lack of focus etc. Yoda or Mace pulling off a victory against Anakin certainly won't be easy, and the odds are definitely weighing against them, but I still think they can do it.

Darth_Maul_330
Dude no offense but Lukes like the gayest character ever, whats his form of combat, Baseball bat form???I mean the lighsaber fights r boring in the old ones becuz all Luke Does Is Aim and Pray.

Darth Acheous
starwarsluke sucks anni pwns

zephiel7
Luke seems physically stronger than Anakin.

I ask this question, is their any proof that Vader was stronger than Anakin?

jollyjim311
He lifted a grown man into the air.
Also, read any EU regarding Vader's physical strength.

zephiel7
Originally posted by jollyjim311
He lifted a grown man into the air.
Also, read any EU regarding Vader's physical strength.

What I meant was as a duelist, not just physically.

GM Nebaris
Well he mastered a blend of Makashi, Soresu and Schien to the highest degree. This meant that there were many great aspects to the way he dueled. Offensively, he had precision, physically strong saber strikes and quick overwhelming lightsaber strikes. Defensively, he was great (due to Soresu) and he was able to preserve his energy (due to Makashi). His Schien mastery also meant that he was able to effectively channel defence into attack through classic manoeuvres.

Deus Venčficus
Dude... some serious Necromancy here...

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.