why do we all believe so much in episode II?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi fernando
1) We love starwars.
2) We really love starwars.
3) We are intrigued by anakin skywalker and how he fell to the darkside.
4) We are intrigued by all the clone war stuff.
5) We wanna see hundreds of jedi fight at the same time.
6 )We(men, maybe some women) are in love with Natalie Portman.
7) We trust George Lucas
8) We believe Jonathan Hales was a good choice to be co-writer
9) We trust ILM, the producers, the designers and the stunt coordinators.
10) IT HAS BEEN SAID NO MORE JAR JAR BINKS FOR MORE THAN 2 MINUTES!

jedi fernando
contribute with more reasons

ToMacco
I'm a little pissed about the CGI Yoda. He looks like Jar Jar. sad

LanceWindu
Don't even start with the CGI of Yoda. Like JF said we should trust in GL and ILM.

ToMacco
No.

LanceWindu
You don't trust 'em?

DarthKris
11) We (women, perhaps men) can't decide who looks better: H. Christensen or E. MacGregor
12) We (women especially) think that ep2 will have the first real sw love story.

He-Man
13) We (most of us) have read the script and it we like it.
14) We have seen the trailers and lots of pictures from the movie and they are all great.
15) Harry Knowles liked it much (I'm not sure can we trust this guy. He looks pretty weird.)...
16) Ewan says he likes it much more than TPM and likes the movie.

DarthKris

mah
I believe in it, cause I just have that feeling.

Emperor Helmet
Get used to the CG Yoda, because Yoda will be changed to cg in every film. The same way they did it to ET. It definitely looks more real than the puppet.

He-Man
I agree.

peluffo
I agree, but to everyone who wants to consider:

http://forums.killermovies.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=139599

As we can see, the "final FX" is slightly diffrent on the real movie, compared the ones of the trailers, so, better expect improved cgi on the real movie...

yerssot
that wasn't a bad change actually

He-Man
The new one is much better, I think.

C2-B1
19) We get to see the members of the Jedi council in action

I hope they don't change Yoda to CG in every movie. I like the puppet Yoda.

LanceWindu
But with the CG Yoda right next to the puppet Yoda they are completely different. The CG is much better.

C2-B1
I'll have to see Episode 2 before I decide which is better: the computer generated Yoda or the puppet.

LanceWindu
But I also think that they should leave Yoda alone in the OT. Otherwise they may just mess everything up.

C2-B1
I agree with you.

queeq
I dunno. He's younger than in the OT, so he may look a bit more energetic.

And with all the fighting he has to do, a flying puppet would look ridiculous..... but my fear is that a fighting and leaping Yoda will look ridiculous anyway...

Julie
Only 25 more days for most to wait ...then the judment can be passed on the question of CGI Yoda..vs. Puppet Yoda
BTW I believe answer one to the question should cover just about everything smile

yerssot
no! I hate it! it's a stupid movie! big grin

DJ Velocity
Hang on!!!

I like the CGI Yoda better, the puppet Yoda reminded me of the Muppets, it wasn't unique to Star Wars.

You are talking about CGI Yodas in ALL of the films? So GL is going ahead with the "Definitive Editions" then?

yerssot
Still rumors

Julie
It could happen...In about 10 yrs there'll probably be a new Dvd collection of the entire Star Wars Saga

LanceWindu
I hope he doesn't add or change too much in the original films.

There's a rumor that GL filmed some stuff for ANH. Like Jimmy Smits character on Aldeeran before it blows up or something.

yerssot
I hope not! Don't touch the OT!

mah
I agree, he shouldn't change anything.

Ushgarak
That's been said before, but the Special Editions were well received. Remember, no film is ever finished, only abandoned.

mah
when I watch the OT I want to watch the great original star wars movies, not redone, ''new'' films.

Ushgarak
Even if GL thinks that new versions would better reflect his vision of what they should be like?

mah
difficult question... one thing I DON'T want him to do is polish the special-effects.

Ushgarak
Persoanlly I would kill to see him re-do the Rancor scene.

mah
don't know...it looks crappy but that's how it was and should be, it wouldn't feel right re-done. I certainly don't like the computer generated stuff in the special editions.

Ushgarak
Hmm, oh well. I love it, and GL is certainly happier with it.

C2-B1
I would only hope that George Lucas wouldn't screw up the OT by putting Jar Jar Binks or some other horrible character in there.

Captain REX
Well, he's created a ton more aliens in the PT, so he's most likely to add a Gungan in there somewhere.

I agree with Queeq's theory on the CGI Yoda. It would look ridiculous with a flying puppet. They launch him on a catapult and he go "Flying I am, hm hm!"

yerssot
I think that if we ask all fans politly they will gladly give vast amounts of money to improof it!

Bantha Fodder
After TPM, I wouldn't trust Lucas to make a great movie with ANY script, even the one from ANH. He would screw it up with some idiotic CGI character like Jar Jar and generally direct it in an incompetent manner like he did with TPM.

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) i see what Mah meant....

jedi fernando

Amidala
The changes that have been made to the old trilogy are liveable, but ultimatly extravigant, in some cases distracting and in others outright annoying and not required.

But enough is enough, Yoda is amazing in the OT, the movie making craft is at it's best with Yoda, Frank OZ turns a lump of plastic into a great character actor and i feel that it needs not only to be left alone but praised for it's uniqueness and quality. Some of the shots of Yoda in the misty light of Dagobah are the best shots in the film.

I cant understand the obsession with adding to the movies:

1. they are long enough, easily long enough.
2. they tell the story well.
3. there are no glaring flaws in the production quality ( rancor being the exception, the matte is terrible )

If any changes are going to be made then change the few flaws that do exist and i might add they are mainly new items added from the special edition, you may recognise a few:

Make vaders sabber red all of the time.
Have ob1's sword look like a lightsaber in ANH when it looks like a stick at one point.
Redo the emperor's voice to Ian's in ESB. there's and idea.
Digitally remove GL's kids from the ewok village just for the hell of itsmile
Add in the Yoda question scene by the emperor to luke in ROTJ
Add in the lightsaber building scene in ROTJ and tie it into Qui Gons saber.
Remove the emperors scream from the luke falling scene in ESB, yes i noticed that george.
Remove the ROTJ scene from the ESB, you know where vader has to be shown to arrive back onto the star destroyer for some GL personel reason. Again yes george i noticed that it was From ROTJ stock and that vader is greated by the death star II Moff.
And "BRING MY SHUTTLE" not blah blah blah inform my star destroyer and all of that shit. Excuse my tone but why did it need changing?
Remove the .45 caliber magnum sound effect on leia's stormtrooper gun in ANH when they are trying to cross the bridge.
Remove vader's gesturing in ANH.

As far as the thread goes, all star wars rules, even the changed bits can be lived with, with clenched teeth at some points. I cant wait for another installment.

How about instead of farting around with 20 year old movies that are universally recognised as brilliant, have some guts and take on some new work that has some relevance to star wars or perhaps another project.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.