Nightcrawler vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Nightcrawler vs Magneto

Mainstream
hmmmmmmm.....Magneto..unless NC got some mad crazy upgrade I haven't heard about yet

Cosmic Cube
Magneto has a force field. To my knowledge, Nightcrawler cannot teleport through force fields.

kgkg
well he can take people head off lol (that's what i heard)

what's preventing him from going at top of mag , take his head and boom. bye bye mag

and his shield won't do shit .

NC goes through another dimention.

kgkg
he went through many force field in the past.

he uses different dimention to go though

Cosmic Cube
He can indeed take peoples heads off. However Nightcrawler has had difficulty teleporting through force fields. If he can go up top and take off Maggies' head, sure he wins. But I doubt he could do so.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
He can indeed take peoples heads off. However Nightcrawler has had difficulty teleporting through force fields. If he can go up top and take of Maggies' head, sure he wims. But I doubt he could do so.

my thoughts exactly.

kgkg
Cosmic Cube why whould NC have problem with forcefields? i remember there was something that traped him from teleporting.

But i don't see why mags shield will be any problem.

in cartoons , games , comic NC has teleported through numerous forcefields.

Cosmic Cube
Well damn. Maybe Nightcrawler wins? I know Magneto can't regenerate his head.

Mainstream
or can he...just kidding I know he can't.

demigawd
In a previous fight, Magneto was able to sense where Nightcrawler was going to re-appear a moment before he did. He said something about an electron disturbance right before his appearance. He did something similar during AOA to sense the Vanisher and his troops arriving. He'd just clock NC as soon as NC re-appeared since he knows exactly where that would be.

kgkg
if this was in comic NC whould be toast in second i know that much.

NC heardly takes anyones head off lol.

if he started doing that to everyone, he will be a killing mad elf.

kgkg
Mag can think before NC acts now???

demigawd
Nah. He can sense NC's re-appearance before he re-appears. Hell, Cyclops was able to do that just by anticipating where NC would re-appear. Not that hard.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by demigawd
Nah. He can sense NC's re-appearance before he re-appears. Hell, Cyclops was able to do that just by anticipating where NC would re-appear. Not that hard. It is very hard to do against the current, experienced Nightcrawler. The teleportation is instantaneous. No way Magneto can react fast enough. By the time he realizes what's going on, Nightcrawler's tugging his head into another dimension.

I'd like to say Magneto wins, but in bloodlust? Nightcrawler.

kgkg
well from what cosmic cube said he took 10 guys in less than a second .

and remember NC is not gonna try to kill people in comic.

but this is bloodlust, Nc can telport in less at a sec, i don't think mag can react that fast.(took 10 guys in less than a sec)

and he could do this: teleport in front of him , while mag is trying to do something teleport behind take his head.

but like i said if this was written in comic NC will 100% loose , marvel won't let mag die by someone like NC and cheap move.

beside he doesn't take head off in most of his battles.

but this is bloodlust evil elf.

Alpha Centauri
Why is Nightcrawler now a match for the likes of Magneto and The Hulk?

Jeez. Magneto is a bad ass, I can understand that. But this constant hyping of the X-Men really is trash.

Magneto would tie him up and drown him like a little rat. No portals needed.

-AC

kgkg
how whould he tie him up , when NC is already teleporting?

Cosmic Cube
Lemme find the issue. Anyone who has the Marvel Encyclopedia: X-Men, or THOTMU X-Men knows what I'm talking about.

demigawd
You're trying to say that NC can disappear, re-appear, put his arms around Magneto's head and disappear again before Magneto can put up an instaneous forcefield KNOWING that Magneto knows precisely where he'll re-appear? I think not.

Besides, Magneto's forcefield has prevented teleporters from getting through before. It happened most recently in the last issue of Excalibur, where a teleporter tried to teleport inside the place Magneto was staying. She instead was teleported outside of the house (and the forcefield) and said, "Ouch! What happened?"

kgkg
what type of teleporter.

how whould it stop NC who uses another Dimension to tele.

unless mag can reach that Dimension also.

KNOWING that Magneto knows precisely where he'll re-appear.

it's instant how can he know?? unless mag can read Nc's mind???

demigawd
NC's teleportation has NEVER been instant. NNNNNEEEEEEVVVER. He goes bamph, then the opponent says something like, "Oh please, I've fought you before, I know all about you", then he re-appears right in front of a fist or a blast. I can count at least five times that's happened. And then there's that time Magneto nailed him by sensing where he was going to re-appear. NC has never demonstrated that kind of speed.

All teleporters, if you look at their bios, are said to travel through another dimension. It's sort of the generic explanation for teleportations. The only exceptions I've ever read were for intergalactic teleporters who use wormholes. But other than that, it always involves another dimension.

kgkg
"Nightcrawler can teleport himself, his clothing and a certain amount of additional mass from one point to another almost instantaneously."

marvel.com

instantaneously: Occurring or completed without perceptible delay.

K3VIL
Thor teleport through Mjolnir, and it doesn't use another dimension, just to made an example.Zeus, Odin and other Skyfathers, can teleport through their control over cosmic/magical energy

demigawd
I think they're referring to the disappearing part. He can teleport himself, etc. instantaneously, as opposed to slowly fading away. To actually reach the destination takes a few seconds. Probably because he actually has to go through that dimension.

Beyond that, I suppose it's a matter of personal preference, but I usually rely more on a character's actual feats than what a bio on them says. NC's history says that he's been anticipated or sensed and attacked before. It's happened lots of times.

Beyond that, even if we were to assume that the entire teleportation process is instant - NC has to first re-appear, then re-orient himself, then put his hands around Magneto's head, then envision a destination, then teleport again, concentrating on what specifically he's going to take with him. THAT isn't instantaneous - it couldn't be. That's at least a three second process. Magneto only needs a second to sense NC is on top of him and wrapping his arms around his head and to send NC flying by the iron in his blood.

And like I said - Mag's shields stop teleporters anyway. All teleporters travel through a dimension.

NC is really overwhelmed here.

demigawd
Funny you should mention that. Actually, Thor's teleportation does use another dimension. Odin created it - it's the same dimension where the Odinpower resides when inactive - he draws upon it. There was a time when the Odinpower was lost and Thor could no longer teleport or generate extradimensional blasts because the dimension ceased to exist.

kgkg
well from what i heard thor rip the very facric of space what ever that means.

Cosmic Cube
I assumed that much, demigawd. I thought that Magneto would be able to stop him using his force field.

Nightcrawler's teleportation is indeed instantaneous, but that means nothing if he can't travel through Magneto's electromagnetic force field.

demigawd
Yeah, rips open a portal in the fabric of space, into another dimension, that opens up in another location. lol

kgkg
demi you do realize not showing something doesn't mean he can't do it.

acording to cosmic cube NC has already beated 10 guy in less than a sec , by tele.

and Nc teleport and and reapears the same way he left.

i really don't see why this whould take more than a sec.

and am talking NC ability to it's full potential , does that mean he has beaten everyone talking the head away?? no

like i said if this was in the comic i see NC getting beat the shit out.

kgkg
can someone prove mag sheild can hold NC away.

i saw in one cartoon , Nc going through a magnetic shield made by magneto.

And NC has gone through fields in comic (numerous)

demigawd
It's not a matter of not showing something. For example, even if NC never teleported parts off a person, I can accept that it's possible. But NC has teleported many times, and it's NEVER been instant. That's a key difference. That's like saying that if Quicksilver really wanted to, he could run at lightspeed. He can't...it's not how fast he runs. Same is true with NC. He can't teleport that fast, and that's why he doesn't teleport that fast.

When did NC knock out ten guys in less than a second? I'm pretty much an expert on all things X-men comic related, and I have NO recollection of that. I'd like to hear an explanation.

Mag's shield has held teleporters away. Given that all teleporters go through a dimension to do it, NC's teleportation ain't that special.

NC can't teleport into hazardous environments. Imagine Mags putting up a field of pure EM energy radiating out of him. NC couldn't teleport into it...it would instantly tear him apart.

Zahit
this is not even a fight....the entire X-Men have trouble with Magneto
and some think Nightcrawler can beat him alone?
please.

no

demigawd
I prefer not to use the "He's MAGNETO, what can NC do to him?" logic. NC's teleportation isn't blindingly fast, it can't get through Mags shielding, and Mag has advance knowledge of NC teleporting. That's what gives him the win, not the fact that he's MAGNETO.

Zahit
I'm assuming everyone here knows who Magneto is and what he can do.
And since Magneto has fought the X-Men, including Nightcrawler, many times and held his own.....kinda makes sense. Mags can kill NC is so
many ways in his sleep.
I mean, who on earth would participate in a comics versus thread
without knowing about the characters fighting.....

illadelph12
Kind of off topic, but question:

Does anyone know what kind of metal/substance Juggernaut and Magneto's helmets are made of?

Swanky-Tuna
Juggernaut's is an "unknown mystical metal"

I actually think it blocks telepaths because it's red. Write it down folks, the color red blocks telepaths.

lord_of_light69
post removed

DarkCrawler
God, when did we start to accept retards here?

Anyway, Nightcrawler can teleport in instant.

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncannyxmen45100790yw.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/4439/uncannyxmen45100814qm.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6021/uxm454133xj.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3012/uxm255111kq.jpg
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/rogue17.jpg

yahman
Sorry for being the science Geek but this is not right

'
All teleporters, if you look at their bios, are said to travel through another dimension. It's sort of the generic explanation for teleportations. The only exceptions I've ever read were for intergalactic teleporters who use wormholes. But other than that, it always involves another dimension.'

Umm to travel through another dimension to another point in space is using a wormhole. I think so any way. I Think its called an Einstien Rosenbourg Bridge?????????

demigawd
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
God, when did we start to accept retards here?

Anyway, Nightcrawler can teleport in instant.

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uncannyxmen45100790yw.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/4439/uncannyxmen45100814qm.jpg
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6021/uxm454133xj.jpg
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3012/uxm255111kq.jpg
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/images/spotlight/rogue17.jpg

I said (and this is an old thread) that NC can disappear in an instant. Your scans support that, but I never disputed that. What I said was that NC can't *teleport* in an instant - meaning, he can't teleport from point A to point B and launch an attack instantly. The only scan that *may* show evidence to the contrary is the one with Rogue where he's teleporting all over her. But he started next to her and is ending up next to her again...so it makes sense. Either way, there are more examples of people knowing where he'll appear and belting him than the other way around.

xmarksthespot
Whoever gets the first move wins.
If NC can teleport Mags head off before he has time to react then NC wins if Mags can react fast enough he wins.
I don't know about Mags forcefield being able to stop Kurt travelling through another dimension and appearing on the other side.
Whether Mags can detect NC is debatable there's only that single AoA feat that I can think of which was more a plot device to make Mags look cool big grin and I don't know if Vanisher and NC teleport in the same way.
It's basically Mags reaction speed vs NC's teleportation speed.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/uv.jpg

lord_of_light69
well **** this site you all are a bunch of nerds and coildnt get laid if your life was at stake so suck my dick ****

DarkCrawler
At least we spend our time to do something intelligent instead acting like some idiotic spastic and insulting people.

If you talk like that in bed, I suppose that you don't get laid either.

Dumbass.

Xplosive
Magneto wins, but I must say that NC has better chances against Magneto than against someone like Wolverine. NC can be dangerous for Magneto (despite big difference in terms of power).

Metalmanx
I think Nightcrawler could win this if he really wanted to/had no one else to worry about/had no consequences/and basically just wanted to kill Magneto.

And I think it's crap that he wouldn't be able to teleport through Magneto's forcefield. How can his electro-magnetic forcefield stop someone that comes from another dimension to appear in a completely different place. It's just like appearing inside a glass bubble or something like that. Mag's forcefield is not going to stop NC from getting through.

And no, I don't think Mags has the reaction speed that some have given him credit for. Not enough to react to NC's teleporting, that's for sure.

shaolin9976
This is a joke...the only way Nightcrawler wins if Magneto decided to just lay there and get his a$$ whooped!

DarkCrawler
Somebody has obviously not read the rest of the thread...

Marvelgeek
Mags can stop nightcrawler from teleporting by scrambling the electomagnetic fields (as seen in X-men annual 10 1986, with x-babies). So could douglock (as seen in X-factor 106 during the phalanx covenant).

xmarksthespot
Question is... does Magneto react in time before his head is ported off?

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Question is... does Magneto react in time before his head is ported off?
Good question. Kurt is fast.

Zahit
Are we still thinking that Nightcrawler can teleport limbs off?????

xmarksthespot
Well seeing as Nightcrawler normally only teleports what he wants to teleport with him it's a reasonable assumption that he can. He teleports Deadpool/Dead Man Wade's head off in AoA. I know that doesn't really count as continuity but imo it's a capability, I don't recall him ever showing it in 616 but then in 616 he wouldn't resort to killing... here bloodlust is on.

Zahit
I still don't buy Nightcrawler teleporting limbs away.
The character has been around for like 30 years or so.
How many examples of him teleporting pieces of things with him???
Hardly any. The only examples of this was with Chris Claremont writing.
The same guy who showed Storm manipulating stars and Wolverine
healing from a nuke.....

demigawd
He did it in 616 to Nimrod and, I think Magus or some other resident of Limbo.

Cyclops beat NC and the rest of the X-men by knowing where NC was going to teleport - he anticipated it and beat NC to the punch. So NC's reaction time isn't on a whole other level. Wolverine did the same thing to NC. If they can do it, I have no reason to believe Magneto wouldn't. Besides, Magneto has shown the ability to prevent teleportation into his shield as recently as three issues ago in Excalibur.

No way NC takes this.

Metalmanx
His teammates only beat him because he probably being quite predictable with his teleporting. If you worked with a teammate for 30 years, and then sparred, you'd have a PRETTY GOOD idea as to what his fighting style might be. And if it's a sparring match, he wouldn't be putting everything he had into it.

In a fight to the death, NC would be teleporting very randomly, most likely trying to differ from his normal actions that his opponent might be aware of. Remember, guys, he can teleport more than once in succession. He could teleport several times before launching an attack, which would completely throw off Magneto.

demigawd
Magneto is a smart dude...one of the smartest in the Marvel Universe. Like any good combat strategist, he'd know what Kurt would do. Besides, you don't even have to be a genius to know that Kurt is going to teleport pretty damn close to you. Have your shield up and prevent it, or even reverse it (as Doug did), and you'll be just fine.

xmarksthespot
Since there's no prep he can't have his shields up at the before the fight begins. So the gun goes off the battle begins... it's basically how fast NC can teleport vs how fast Mags can put a shield up. I'm thinking it's whoever can react the fastest. Since there's no way of actually knowing imo stalemate.

demigawd
No stalemate. All Magneto has to do is put up his shield and NC is done. NC has to teleport, appear, orient himself, come up with an attack and attack. NC has multiple actions to perform. Magneto has but one.

Zahit
Christ-on-a-crutch people!!!!!!!!!
If Nightcrawler EVER had a chance of doing to Magneto what ya'll claim,
then why does it take the ENTIRE X-MEN to fight Magneto????????

Common freaking sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marvelgeek
roll eyes (sarcastic) This thread is never going to go anywhere is it...? confused

demigawd
Old thread. Real old. It happens.

BTW - even though I'm supporting Magneto here, I've never liked the whole, "He's MAGNETO, it takes a whole team to beat him...what is one person?" logic. Doom fanboys have been using that logic in threads all over, and I've never appreciated it. The same applies to Magneto. Reasons! It's all about the reasons!

Xplosive
Demigawd said Magento sanse disturbance in elektmagnetic when NC teleport, so he can sense where and when he will, so NC just can't win. Magneto durability is shit (that is why NC has bettter chance against Mags than Logan or someone like Collossus, even if Mags is much more powerful), but still Magneto has forcefield and supposedly he can prevent NC to teleport inside his field=NC can't win.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.