Wolverine vs. deathstroke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
wolverine

vs.

deathstroke

discuss

King Burger
Maybe someone has that "Teen Titan/X-Men (?)" cross-over,
where believe these two exchange blows for two panels (they
both dodge each-other's hits).

It was cool the shock in Deathstroke's voice that someone
was fast enough to dodge his attack.

Mainstream
Deathstroke won that battle.

the Darkone
that was 1981 this is 2005. olverine is older more experince then he is he's a damn samuria and master every single fighting style, heal factor and he has berserk rage which is unmatched.

Draco69
This would be a close battle. The only edge that Deathstroke has his high-tech weaponery.

spetznaz
Originally posted by the Darkone
that was 1981 this is 2005. olverine is older more experince then he is he's a damn samuria and master every single fighting style, heal factor and he has berserk rage which is unmatched.

1) Learn how to spell and use proper diction and punctuation.

2) We are talking about comics here. Basically pictures drawn on paper with little scribbly words in big bubbles! A character does not 'gain more experience' just because the current year is 2005 and it was 1981 before. It all depends on the writers, and there have been characters who have become weaker with the passage of time. For example Pre-Crisis Superman was by FAR stronger than any of the current Superman variants (with the exception of the future Supermen, Prime Superman, and a couple of other-world variants).

3) Logan is a Samurai, but he has not mastered every single fighting style. Not even close. He is a great fighter, but do not blow his abilities out of proportion.

4) While it is true that Logan has a 'heal factor' (I'm sure you meant 'healing factor,' but i digress) , so does Deathstroke. He too has a healing factor. Bet you didn't know that. Furthermore, Deathstroke cannot be killed ....or, if i was to phrase it better, if he is killed he comes back to life.

5) Logan has the ability to go berserk. But Deathstroke is extremely calm and calculating. If Wolvie went berserk he would actually be helping Deathstroke destroy him.

Anyways, Wolvie is killed by Deathstroke.
And hopefully 'DarkOne' decides to learn how to write in proper english.

wolverine8888
actauly u are rong about the beserker, in beserker wolverines fighting skill is brought to a whole new level a long with all his other abilties. a beserker is a person with amazaing skills in battle that when is angry just focusses all it thoughts on kill that it what a berserker is it is the perfect fighter. in that cross over battle death stroke hit wolverine from behind when he was trying to help one of his friends. also wolverine does have far more exp. then death stroke for he been around for more then 120 years. also he is a master of every fighting form on earth or almost. he was trained as a ninja and a sam. also as a speacil ops and was trained by the mast of every fighting skill ogun who wolverine surpassed in fighting skill and killed him. wolverine is marvel comics most skilled fight and also his healing factor is far greater then that of death strokes

srankmissingnin
Wolverine is a master of every martial art and as jumbled as wolverine8888's post is he is right about the beserker rage, it has no negetive effects of Logan's fighting ability and increases his strength, speed, healing factor and reaction time (this does vary on the writer though)

wolverine8888
sorry about my post I typed a little to fast lol

theflyxx
Deathstroke wins simply because he cannot die.

Wolverine can.

srankmissingnin
... you dont need to kill someone to win a fight

wolverine8888
death stroke can die

Swanky-Tuna
He can't. His regeneration is that good.

wolverine8888
wait maby not is he the one who made the wish to a god to be immortal or some thing. also even if he was wolverine beat the immortal ass in like five seconds he one fo the invaders and he cant die dident mean wolverien couldent chop him into pieces like nuthing

King Burger
Originally posted by Mainstream
Deathstroke won that battle.

I don't remember wither of them winning?

Anyone have scans?

Anyway, I agree with wolverine8888 and srankmissingnin,
many people keep thinking of Wolverine as just claws and
healing powers, they forget that the guy is a highly trained
fighter (one also trained to fight super-powered opponents,
thus his being sent against the Hulk and Wendigo!),
with some 100 years of experience. Not to mention his
enhances senses.

theflyxx
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
... you dont need to kill someone to win a fight

On the same token, you can't win a fight if you're dead.

Swanky-Tuna
I'm going to go with Deathstroke. He has the skills to whomp Batman. On top of that, he's an enhanced human and not lugging around an extra 100lbs or so of metal.

long pig
DeathStroke's precog abilities are the deciding factor here, Wolvie's only
advantage is his bones, the rest goes to DS.
Good fight though, I'd like to see a full 8 page battle.
DS would end up missing an arm.

The Real Wolvie
Deathstroke cannot kill Wolverine. He has nothing within his inventory that can do the trick. Chris Claremont himself stated that even if Wolverine's heart were destroyed, his healing factor would eventually bring him back to life. I believe, during Frank Tieri's run of Wolverine, Wolverine had his heart ripped up by Lady Deathstrike only to come back seconds later and win the fight between the two. There was also an incident where Sabretooth killed Logan after the latter lost his healing factor for a while. He had been dead for at least an hour before his healing factor had returned and he had been braught back to life. Besides that, Wolverine'e a better fighter than deathstroke, and at least matches him in terms of speed, strength, etc Heck, Wolverine matches Spider-mans's speed. Seriously, this fight could go either way, but I would think Wolverine could pull a majority here.

Juntai
Deathstroke, simply better in every way besides the adamantium.

King_Mungi
Does no body use the search engine anymore?

Juntai
Originally posted by wolverine8888
death stroke can die No, he can't. He's immortal.

id369
Originally posted by King_Mungi

King Mungi has a point this was done recently.

Dizzle
Originally posted by The Real Wolvie
Deathstroke cannot kill Wolverine. He has nothing within his inventory that can do the trick. Chris Claremont himself stated that even if Wolverine's heart were destroyed, his healing factor would eventually bring him back to life. I believe, during Frank Tieri's run of Wolverine, Wolverine had his heart ripped up by Lady Deathstrike only to come back seconds later and win the fight between the two. There was also an incident where Sabretooth killed Logan after the latter lost his healing factor for a while. He had been dead for at least an hour before his healing factor had returned and he had been braught back to life. Besides that, Wolverine'e a better fighter than deathstroke, and at least matches him in terms of speed, strength, etc Heck, Wolverine matches Spider-mans's speed. Seriously, this fight could go either way, but I would think Wolverine could pull a majority here.

Deathstroke carries grenades that KO Superboy. Wolvie dies pretty hard. He's much more suited to fighting bricks than high street level speed and agility guys. Deathstroke is faster, stronger, and pretty close in skill to Wolverine. And he has some uber freaking grenades.

Oh yeah, this has been done many many times... The search kicks ass people, I'm serious.

Wild Cowboy
MetaGrenades................. ahh the sweet sound of Logan's eye popping !!!

XerxesLogan
Deathstroke?! Wha---huh? You are telling me a guy that has lost to Robin? Would take Wolvie. Ughhhh.........okay I'm done on to the logic faze. Where has Deathstroke healed in a fashion that is compariable to Logan....(honestly, I've nerver seen it...not saying it wrong though) Wolverine matches him with enchaned sences. Imagine what those would do, he could hear his mucels tesing up for a strike. Its only precog....not telepathy....you may know a strike is coming doesn't mean you can get out of the way. Logan would be much better trained than wilson, just been around longer. Also Logan is mainly bushdio, hed take that sword away in seconds. The real desiding factor is the Adimantium, Deathsroke can't cut through Wolvie but Wolvie can cut through him.

soleran30
LOL I guess Wolverine's sense are so good that's why DS hit him from behind.....yeah cuz Wolverine heard him coming right .......great sensessmile

LOL this is so done to death.......great Wolverine has kept up with spiderman. DS has stabbed Flash! Broken the leg of Impulse and thats ALOT faster then spiderman could hope to besmile

wolverine8888
funny how u say that

soleran30
Yes it is funny I say that because DS underestimated Wolverine which he says in the next panel. After that he sits there and analyzes Wolverine after that.

So yeah great picture there and its literally only half the picture of what happened in that fight. Showing that one pic is like showing one picture of Wolverine getting Smacked by the Hulk.......then saying look hulk won! Then next panel Wolverine comes back, save the sh1t scansmile

Juntai
Originally posted by XerxesLogan
Deathstroke?! Wha---huh? You are telling me a guy that has lost to Robin? Would take Wolvie. Ughhhh.........okay I'm done on to the logic faze. Where has Deathstroke healed in a fashion that is compariable to Logan....(honestly, I've nerver seen it...not saying it wrong though) Wolverine matches him with enchaned sences. Imagine what those would do, he could hear his mucels tesing up for a strike. Its only precog....not telepathy....you may know a strike is coming doesn't mean you can get out of the way. Logan would be much better trained than wilson, just been around longer. Also Logan is mainly bushdio, hed take that sword away in seconds. The real desiding factor is the Adimantium, Deathsroke can't cut through Wolvie but Wolvie can cut through him. Deathstroke's senses are far better, for example, he can see down to the molecular level. He likewise can hear muscles. In the middle of melee, he heard Dinah's jaw click from clear across the street. He's faster. Stronger. Add Spiderman-esque reflexes. Slade also has nearly half a century of combat, so although Wolvie might have a few more years, but most of that wasn't time actually being trained in anything, just being a wild animal.. according to what Origin taught us anyways.
The only advantage Wolverine has is Adamantium bones.
It's the only one. Slade is better in every other possible way.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by King_Mungi

long pig
Wow, you're stupid. -sorry lord, I didn't mean to say that.-

When? Oh, you mean when he K.O'd robin with one hit? No? Hmm...

I just read an issue Annual where Slade is disemboweled, burnt to the point where he was bones and he healed back in no less than a day.

Yes, that is insane. It would put his healing ABOVE Wolverine's.

No. Slade is his superior in senses...all of them.

Not at all. They are equal, but Slade is just better at using the skill.

What about the super grenades, super gas grenades, promethium nets? YEah....no.

Slade has promethium, D.C's Adamantium. Neither could cut through either.

But, it seems like you don't know the powers of Slade.
Instantaneous Reflexes>Wolverine's
Healing close to wolverine's
Superhuman agility>> Wolverine's
Superhuman senses>>>>Wolverine's
Strength>>>>Wolverine's (He once lifted a cable by himself that 100 normal humans couldn't carry)
Slade's Weapons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Claws.

And the most important of them all:
SUPERHUMAN INTELLIGENCE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wolvernie's average intelligence.

Wolverine loses 8/10

long pig
Originally posted by wolverine8888
funny how u say that
Slade is so far out of Wolverine's league, I'd almost count that as SMvFL.
Too bad it never happend.
It's a non canon crossover.....unless you want to believe Slade beat Wolverine/Storm/jean grey/cyclops/colossus all at the same time?

kgkg
Originally posted by long pig

Slade's Weapons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Claws.

u sure about that evil face

Wov cuts things like butter

long pig
So does Slade's promethium blades. They're the same thing.

Plus, the superboy/wondergirl K.Oing Grenades, Gas Grenades, Promethium nets, Promethium 40ton PSI plasma blaster.

So, yeah...Slade's weapons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wolverine's 12in claws.

kgkg
So does Slade's promethium blades. They're the same thing.

Plus, the superboy/wondergirl K.Oing Grenades, Gas Grenades, Promethium nets, Promethium 40ton PSI plasma blaster.

So, yeah...Slade's weapons>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wolverine's 12in claws.
did you miss the "butter" part? evil face

kgkg
Seriously

I think this would be a good match h2h but...............

Slade just has way too many tricks

Slade wins 7-8/10

long pig
Originally posted by kgkg
did you miss the "butter" part? evil face
I didn't miss it....I'm visualizing it as we speak droolio

long pig
I need to upload the scan of Slade healing from being disembowled, hung on a cross & burnt to bones and healing back to full capacity in one day.

It's crrraazzzzyyyyy, it seems that maybe his healing is getting stronger as well as everything else.

In the same comic, it says his powers grow more potent every day he's alive. It could explain the JLA thing where some say he was doing things he shouldn't.

XerxesLogan
For god sakes Slad is a glorified Hand Ninja! Oh he uses guns.......done that. Grenades....done that. If we want to use individual healing points (which by the way I think are crap) I can bring up the whole Cassandra Nova thing. Where she burnt off his arm and in like 30 seconds it was back. Or we could bring up the Wepon X novel where he walked into a nuclear reactor and was vaporised and healed within miliseconds contuniously. Or so on and so forth. How in god's name would he be better trained? Just because of how an artist portais or draws combat doesn't mean the whole wrightin aspect of fighting should be disevowed. H2H Wolvie has got him.......Wolvering has fought, Hulk, Wedigo, Magneto, Cyber, Deathsrike (whom by the way is very simalar to slade....enchanced through cybernetics) Omega Red, Most Mutants on the damn planet, caught Quicksilver off gaurd (granted not flash but the cloesest marvel has to him), Ripped Thing's face off, went toe to toe with Ghost Rider, KIlled Ogun, the Shiegen, Gorgon, the list goes on and on. If you want to bring up choice areas of character history, then i can just ignore this whole movie powering down of Wolvie and the rest of the negitive wrighting favoribility of the past few years (with some exeptions, thank god for Rucka). I was unaware of DC's knockoff metal....has it ever been destroyied? What do you call Wolvies reflexes? He has dodged Spidey.....I'd say thats damn close to institanious. And to bring up the oldass crossover...ugh.....first it was the '80s. Second he was the Titans main villan it would be kinda degrading to wright it where one team member from and opposing company win. I understand that Deathstroke is a badass.....he is. But, I gotta defend Logan on these bords, due to the fact that half of the posters seem to hate him and downgrade, putout singular events to "backup" thier aguments. It annoying......I could do it to most characters myself. Anyway......Logan isn't as simple mined as many think...pick up Daniel Way's new Wolverine issue......its very good by the way. I would give this fight, in light of the whole promethian thing a dead even match 5/10.

srankmissingnin
Slade has no shot of beating Wolverine with out prep, to even think so is redicules. In order to do so you need to ignore the large majority of Slade's appearances where he throws down with streets and they give him trouble then only excepting the rarest of feats like ohhh.... him healing from a skeleton as being the norm (they gets downed by bullets 70% of the time for christ's sake!). The only DS feats that support DS having a shot of winning are ones that the SMvFL rule was made for! So much PIS that you'd think Slade's only power is to make everyone around him fight like a total moron.

As for Promethium it has been broken, by Beast Boy no less and on top of that DS (possesed by Jerico) threw his sword through Cyborgs Promethuim head! DC Adamantium? Hardly.

Piedmon
Deathstroke may be faster in the reflexes, but Wolverine's power gives him superior charging speed and raw strength. With his adamantium claws, he can simply power his way through any parry. Therefore Deathstroke is forced to dodge every attack. He can't back up fast enough, so he just has to keep moving out of the way.

Eventually, Wolverine tags Slade, and then the fight's over. Deathstroke may be able to return to life after he is killed, but it takes time. Wolverine would have left him for dead long before and claimed the fight's victory.

scotsmn
Guns and grenades... yeah Wolverine has never been hit by those before roll eyes (sarcastic) Do you realize just how much machine gun fire and grenades he has absorbed? They are annoyances.

The fact that Wolverine heals FASTER is key in this fight. Sure DS has metallic chain mail but it DOES NOT cover his whole body. Losing his leg/arm/head isn't going to be very easy for him to overcome considering it will take several hours to grow it back, plenty of time for Wolverine to exploit the massive advantage and go berzerk on him.

Wolverine on the other hand will not be losing ANY limbs. His skeleton prevents dismemberment. Also, his weapons are built in, which means he isn't going to lose a hand in the middle of a fight.. a hand which would be holding a sword or gun in the case of DS.

Experience... Logan takes this hands down. He's old enough to at least be DS's great grandfather. He's been in two world wars, trained with top martial arts experts, x-men, alpha-flight, weapon-x as well as being is countless street brawls where he has picked up every trick in the book. Tough guy? You bet your sweet A$$.

Besides all this, Wolverine has what people commonly attribute to Thing, HEART. smile If both of these guys are going all out, Wolverine will undoubtedly show him why he is the best at what he does.

soleran30
lol and the fanboys swarm like sharks on chum....Slade......just no comparison...........we have a winner and its slade with a 8/10 outta 10 win ratio.

scotsmn
8/10 is not even close... this is flat out

Wolverine: 10/10

by the way, isn't slade missing an eye? confused

Warmonger
Arrgh not this agian I stayed out of this arguemnt but I guess Ill dip in again.
Deahtstroke 6/10

Strength: Deahstroke> Wolverine. No question here Slade has meta human strentgh some where in the class 5 area. The question as to whether or not this makes a difference. Well if Guardian posses enough strentgh to K.O wolveirne so does Slade.

Agility: Deathstroke>> Wolverine. Slade when moving is over 10x faster than an expertly trained human being. It is not his fault that people didn't read the early teen Titans run if you did you would see that from the character's inception Slade has moved fast enough to keep up with kid flash. Even Batgirl with her Uber body reading skills couldn't keep up with Slade.

Fighting Skills: Deathstroke= Wolverine. Honestly they seem to have the same amount of fighing skill it is just that Slade has physical advantages. Not to mention Slade's mind...

Intellignece: Deathstroke>>>> Wolverine. Slade's most powerful weapon is actually the fact that Slade's mind work like a computer. Sort of like the Midnighter. He can basically fight several opponents in his head all at once and that is his major advantage prep or no prep. He can anticipate every thing wolverine is goign to do simply by reading his body. "NO Fkng way. Wulvrneee cna gO Berzak n stewpd Slad cnt REED hm". Is that the response, well Slade is reading his body not his mind like Mr. X so he is no worse off.

Durability: Wolverine>>> Slade. It is true that Slade's healing factor can bring him back to life even after being burned to skeleton problem is that it for soem reson doesn't really work in combat. Also I hate to disagree with one of Slade's staunchest supporters but Slade's armor isn't prometium, neither is Cyborg's armor. I'm pretty sure that his energy Staff is and Maaaayyyybe his sowrd but I thik that is about it. So ye sWolverine cna take more punishment.

Weapons: Slade>>>>Wolverine. Slade's second major advantage are his weapons. From his energy staff to his patented "Knock out Superboy Grenade (TM)" Slade ahs the weapons and the smarts to put Logna down for the count.

Conclusion: In conclusion Slade doesn't even need all of this to take down Wolverine. He only needs to do what Deadpool did. Simply wait for Logan's inevitable lunge, duck underneath and slide his sword between Logan's ribs and spill his guts across the floor. Unlike Deadpool instead of walking off he need only stuff a grenade into Wolverine's mouth or simply turn his staff up to full power and Slag the flesh off of Logan's head.

Now any questions?

scotsmn
Yeah, I have a question. What's to stop Wolverine from severing DS's head from his body? Apparently he DOES get hit from time to time... and last time I checked his bones aren't laced with adamantium.

snoopdogg
I think one good slash from the Promethium sword will put Wolvie down for Slade to finish him off.

scotsmn
Strength: Deahstroke> Wolverine.
Strength makes no differencein this fight so this stat is worthless.

Agility: Deathstroke > Wolverine.
He'll avoid more attacks

Fighting Skills: Wolverine > Deathstroke.
Wolverine doesn't need grenades, swords, etc. to win. He relies on his fighting ability which he has been enhancing for over 100 years.

Experience: Wolverine > Deathstroke.
Wolverine has been there, done that. He has been in a lot more fights than DS.

Intellignece: Deathstroke>>>> Wolverine.
This isn't a spelling-B competition. Intelligence only comes into play if there is prep.

Durability: Wolverine>>> Slade.
1) Wolverines healing factor is much better. He will continue to heal while Slade gets slower and slower from blood loss.
2) Wolverine's bones cannot be severed from his body. Slade's CAN. Wolverine can cut right through his shoulder, through his heart and ribs and down to his opposing hip, leaving him in two pieces.

Weapons: Wolverine > Slade.
6 ADAMANTIUM claws will do very nicely in cutting off large portions of DS's flesh and bones. Adamantium > Promethium. Promethium has been broken by people who aren't even very strong. And like someone said, DS's armor is even not made of promethium...

Conclusion: Wolverine wins by outlasting DS and severing limbs/head.

scotsmn
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I think one good slash from the Promethium sword will put Wolvie down for Slade to finish him off.

I can show you countless scans of much worse slashes he's taken where he doesn't even flinch. That single one means nothing. I seem to recall that in these matches the characters are being written to potential.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by scotsmn
I can show you countless scans of much worse slashes he's taken where he doesn't even flinch. That single one means nothing. I seem to recall that in these matches the characters are being written to potential. If you look at it that way I can show you a scan of Deathstroke taking out some JLA members by himself.

I remember in Uncanny #418 Wolverine was f*cked up so bad in a fight Northstar had to rush him back to the mansion.

scotsmn
That wasn't even in his own comic. I can show you him taking countless machine gun rounds into his body with swords stuck through his belly and neck while continuing to kill everything in his path.

scotsmn
Written to POTENTIAL is key here. Wolverine has the potential to be very, very mean.

King_Mungi
Deathstroke written to full potential took on the JLA....*shrugs*

scotsmn
In Wolverine's comic, he can CONSISTENTLY take massive amounts of damage and take on incredible odds. DS doesn't have anything special that Wolverine hasn't overcome in his 100+ years of fighting.

King_Mungi
Actually you can say the same thing about Deathstroke, am I going to get in a debate who would win? no, this thread has been done.

scotsmn
Both very similar but Wolverine much more robust. Limb-loss/decapitation result on the side of DS. Wolverine takes it.

soleran30
Both very similar but Wolverine much more robust. Limb-loss/decapitation result on the side of DS. Wolverine takes it.

lol and also not as good in combat situations with multiple high level (far beyond human)combatants.......

Most of the time Wolverine wins not because he is such an awesome fighter but simply due to his healing..........does he have good skills....yes, however he is written more as a hack and slash let the healing factor handle it kinda guy.

long pig
Wolverine just doesn't have what it takes to get a majority win over someone like Slade.

They are equal in skill, but Slade is better at applying the skill.
They are almost equal in healing, in the long run, Slade's is better.
Everything else goes to Slade, by far.

long pig
Slade has no shot of beating Wolverine with out prep, to even think so is redicules. In order to do so you need to ignore the large majority of Slade's appearances where he throws down with streets and they give him trouble then only excepting the rarest of feats like ohhh.... him healing from a skeleton as being the norm (they gets downed by bullets 70% of the time for christ's sake!). The only DS feats that support DS having a shot of winning are ones that the SMvFL rule was made for! So much PIS that you'd think Slade's only power is to make everyone around him fight like a total moron.

As for Promethium it has been broken, by Beast Boy no less and on top of that DS (possesed by Jerico) threw his sword through Cyborgs Promethuim head! DC Adamantium? Hardly.
srank is slowly turning into the new wolverine8888....look, his spelling is even getting worse.

Is it some sort of wolverine fanboy virus?

scotsmn
Originally posted by soleran30
lol and also not as good in combat situations with multiple high level (far beyond human)combatants.......

Most of the time Wolverine wins not because he is such an awesome fighter but simply due to his healing..........does he have good skills....yes, however he is written more as a hack and slash let the healing factor handle it kinda guy.

Even so, it's effective. He has the ABILITY to fight more precisely but like you said, he can count on his healing factor so he's free to fight in a more effective way.. all offense.

DS doesn't have the durability to to hang up close. Having your ribs removed has gotta put a damper on your agility.

Warmonger
Yeah, I have a question. What's to stop Wolverine from severing DS's head from his body? Apparently he DOES get hit from time to time... and last time I checked his bones aren't laced with adamantium.

You mean besides usperhuman agility, a sword that can stand up to Logan's Claws and the ability to predict Wolverine's next move? Nothing I guess. cool

scotsmn
Originally posted by Warmonger
You mean besides usperhuman agility, a sword that can stand up to Logan's Claws and the ability to predict Wolverine's next move? Nothing I guess. cool

Superhuman agility that will save him every single time forever from every attack? stick out tongue

The sword that will be cut in two pieces by a superior piece of metal?

The ability to predict moves so well that he's been hit countless times by street level thugs? laughing

Decapitation is the name of the game.

long pig
Wolverine got k.o'd by aunt may with a lamp...See, I can be stupid too, scotsman! eek!

Anyways, Wolverine is too slow, too weak, too dumb and way, way too one dimensional to win.

8/10 Slade.

scotsmn
Wolverine got k.o'd by aunt may with a lamp...See, I can be stupid too, scotsman! eek!

Anyways, Wolverine is too slow, too weak, too dumb and way, way too one dimensional to win.

8/10 Slade.

He's not too slow, not too weak, and one dimensional is all that is needed for this fight. He's not fighting Thor.

Durability for the win.

Warmonger
Strength: Deahstroke> Wolverine.
Strength makes no differencein this fight so this stat is worthless.
What do you mean? Mr. X was able to knock Logan's ass out cold in his own comic, where you say that he is invincible. Mr. X isn't super strong. Slade would get it done that much faster.

Fighting Skills: Wolverine > Deathstroke.
Wolverine doesn't need grenades, swords, etc. to win. He relies on his fighting ability which he has been enhancing for over 100 years.

No Wolverine relies on his healing facotr to save him. Ask the New Breed Werewolves when they were wiping the floor with him. Hell if beign a n hundred years old is enough to become better than everyone why does Elektra stick it to him?

Experience: Wolverine > Deathstroke.
Wolverine has been there, done that. He has been in a lot more fights than DS.

Experince doing what running around in the woods howling like a dog? Too fi he fought Slade in his time then he his experince might count for something.
Intellignece: Deathstroke>>>> Wolverine.
This isn't a spelling-B competition. Intelligence only comes into play if there is prep.
Looks likeyour wrong here. It is deathstroke's Brain that allows him to thig multiple steps ahead of his opponents as I said. Not just in prep but he can predict their next move literally. Big advantage.

Durability: Wolverine>>> Slade.
1) Wolverines healing factor is much better. He will continue to heal while Slade gets slower and slower from blood loss.
2) Wolverine's bones cannot be severed from his body. Slade's CAN. Wolverine can cut right through his shoulder, through his heart and ribs and down to his opposing hip, leaving him in two pieces.
No arguent there its what I've already said.

Weapons: Wolverine > Slade.
6 ADAMANTIUM claws will do very nicely in cutting off large portions of DS's flesh and bones. Adamantium > Promethium. Promethium has been broken by people who aren't even very strong. And like someone said, DS's armor is even not made of promethium...

I'm sorry but I don't see how six knives sticking out of your hand are better than and Arsenal of high powered weapons. Say it with me now: RANGE. I comend Wolverine for getting as far as he did with his limited Weapons we knew him well. sad

Conclusion: Wolverine wins by outlasting DS and severing limbs/head.

Slade wins by shooting Wolverine through the eye with a fragmenting bullet. stick out tongue

scotsmn
Slade has no way of defeating Wolverine.

Mr. X was a telepath. Slade is not. Wolverine had also been through all kinds of fighting before reaching him. (Wolverine beats him the next 2 fights btw)

Electra never beat Wolverine. They fought and at times she was in a better position but the fights were HARDLY over. The fights would have ended with him hitting her just ONCE since she has no healing factor (how could the authors keep her character alive except by avoiding every attack?)

Slade cannot predict attacks from Wolverine while he's in Berserker rage, as you saw in his fights with Mr. X. That's when Wolverine takes Slade apart the fastest since he becomes FASTER, STRONGER, FEELS NO PAIN, SENSES MAX OUT and becomes COMPLETELY UNPREDICTABLE and FEROCIOUS. Slade would know fear, and then he would know pavement.

long pig
Or blowing him up, gasing him, wrapping him up in a promethium net....punching him with nerve strikes, gutting him.....what else?

It's funny, people honestly think little 12 inch knives are that badass, they really, really aren't.

scotsmn
Or blowing him up, gasing him, wrapping him up in a promethium net....punching him with nerve strikes, gutting him.....what else?

It's funny, people honestly think little 12 inch knives are that badass, they really, really aren't.

Enough to sever his right arm, left arm, left leg, right leg, head, heart, lungs, spine...etc.

srankmissingnin
srank is slowly turning into the new wolverine8888....look, his spelling is even getting worse.

Is it some sort of wolverine fanboy virus?

Sorry about the spelling, the internet connection where I am at is so very bad and I get disconnected constantly, which really sucks since it takes for ever for the forum to load being dail up and all. That was the third time I wrote that post mad Can't wait until I am home with highspeed reliable internet.

And since I forgot to post it last time, that DS annual where he was burned to a crisp (annual 3 or 4 I think) was refering to the time prior to DS going crazy from the experiment that made him DS when they talked about his stats improving constantly not from when he healed from a burnt skeleton.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd once again DS with out prep time gets owned by Wolverine.

Warmonger
Slade has no way of defeating Wolverine.

Mr. X was a telepath. Slade is not. Wolverine had also been through all kinds of fighting before reaching him. (Wolverine beats him the next 2 fights btw)

Electra never beat Wolverine. They fought and at times she was in a better position but the fights were HARDLY over. The fights would have ended with him hitting her just ONCE since she has no healing factor (how could the authors keep her character alive except by avoiding every attack?)

Slade cannot predict attacks from Wolverine while he's in Berserker rage, as you saw in his fights with Mr. X. That's when Wolverine takes Slade apart the fastest since he becomes FASTER, STRONGER, FEELS NO PAIN, SENSES MAX OUT and becomes COMPLETELY UNPREDICTABLE and FEROCIOUS. Slade would know fear, and then he would know pavement.

Sigh I see you didn't even read my first post. Did mister X use his telepathy to kcock out Wolverine or his very unaugmented fist? Mr. X didn't even know he was a telepath. I thought you said tha Wolverine could take all kinds of bullets and knives and keep going the only thing he fought before them were a few ninjas and they din't harm him much so what was his excuse then? He slipped?

Mr.X couldn't predict Wolverine anymore because he reads minds. Hence when Wolverine went crazy he couldn't read his mind anymore. Slade simply anticipates. And unpredictable is an absolute word. Wolverine isn't unpreditable in a rage simply hard to predict. If your mind works as fast as Slade's, its probaby nto so hard.

long pig
Sorry about the spelling, the internet connection where I am at is so very bad and I get disconnected constantly, which really sucks since it takes for ever for the forum to load being dail up and all. That was the third time I wrote that post mad Can't wait until I am home with highspeed reliable internet.

And since I forgot to post it last time, that DS annual where he was burned to a crisp (annual 3 or 4 I think) was refering to the time prior to DS going crazy from the experiment that made him DS when they talked about his stats improving constantly not from when he healed from a burnt skeleton.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd once again DS with out prep time gets owned by Wolverine.

-edit-
Wait.....I thought I understood you...but reading it again, you're making no sense at all.

Try again, please.

Dizzle
He's not too slow, not too weak, and one dimensional is all that is needed for this fight. He's not fighting Thor.

Durability for the win.

Wolverine can take normal grenades. Not Slade's grenades. (hehe, rhymes) They KO Superboy and Wondergirl. Superboy and Wondergirl SUPERBOY and WONDERGIRL Making sure you get it... Is Wolverine anywhere near as durable as Either of those 2? Is Elektra anywhere near as fast as Slade? Does Mr. X predict moves by body movement? That's a big NO to all.

Slade predicts moves by motion and body positioning, not mind reading. Mr. X works by mind reading. Therefore, when Wolvie freaks out, there's not enough coherent thought to really predict what he's going to do. However, there is PLENTY of movement.

Even if Slade doesn't kill Wolverine with grenades, he's damn fast. He regularly keeps up with Impulse, and DID stab Flash, even if it was a bit PISish. He's at least Spiderman's equal, if not better, in combat speed.

Intelligence doesn't matter in a fight? What the f**k? That's half of what fighting is. Why is Wolverine accused of "not using his skills"? Not because he doesn't have them, but becasue he uses them like a complete idiot sometimes. Slade is a freaking computer. He analyzes everything, ad predicts moves and uses the environment to his advantage and whatnot. He pulls a Batgirl better than Batgirl does.

STRENGTH doesn't matter in a fight? What the f**k? (yeah, you get another one) Tell that to the freaking Hulk.

Explain how Wolverine will be in a position to cut off Slade's head or legs. Slade's much faster, much stronger (kick the b!tch away!), and just as skilled. He's also packing uber-metal weapons, and a hell of a lot of powerful ranged weaponry. Guns don't make you a worse fighter... Look at the freaking Punisher. Hell, Ironman technically uses guns. So does Thanos. They just use big freaking guns, as opposed to crappy realistic stuff that Wolverine wades through.

I'm pretty sure Dark Crawler had a list of the effects of Wolverine comics on the actual Spiderman vs. Firelord thread... It's like alcohol, but better!

scotsmn
Sigh I see you didn't even read my first post. Did mister X use his telepathy to kcock out Wolverine or his very unaugmented fist? Mr. X didn't even know he was a telepath. I thought you said tha Wolverine could take all kinds of bullets and knives and keep going the only thing he fought before them were a few ninjas and they din't harm him much so what was his excuse then? He slipped?

Mr.X couldn't predict Wolverine anymore because he reads minds. Hence when Wolverine went crazy he couldn't read his mind anymore. Slade simply anticipates. And unpredictable is an absolute word. Wolverine isn't unpreditable in a rage simply hard to predict. If your mind works as fast as Slade's, its probaby nto so hard.

Slade gets hit by street level guys so his ability to anticipate attacks isn't all you're making it out to be. And like you said, when Wolverine goes into a rage he's difficult to predict. This makes it very likely that Slade is going to get sliced hard SOME of that time. Because Slade's healing factor is not up to snuff, those attacks are going to connect more and more often due to him slowing down and losing fingers/limbs/chunks of flesh and blood during the fight. Wolverine's attacks are going to slice DEEP every time. They will cut to and through the bone. Slade cannot heal from that during the course of a fight.

scotsmn
Originally posted by Dizzle

Intelligence doesn't matter in a fight? What the f**k? That's half of what fighting is. Why is Wolverine accused of "not using his skills"? Not because he doesn't have them, but becasue he uses them like a complete idiot sometimes. Slade is a freaking computer. He analyzes everything, ad predicts moves and uses the environment to his advantage and whatnot. He pulls a Batgirl better than Batgirl does.

Go box mike tyson. Tell him that your intelligence will tip the scales in your favor. In the heat of battle, especially with someone as capable of ending you in one well placed hit such as Wolverine, there's little time to formulate attack sequences. It comes down to instincts you have developed by..... fighting.

Originally posted by Dizzle

STRENGTH doesn't matter in a fight? What the f**k? (yeah, you get another one) Tell that to the freaking Hulk.

Strength does not matter in THIS fight. Slade's level of strength can be brushed off by a healing factor and an adamantium laced skeleton. Wolverine doesn't need much strength at all to punch through Slade's flesh.

Warmonger
Slade gets hit by street level guys so his ability to anticipate attacks isn't all you're making it out to be. And like you said, when Wolverine goes into a rage he's difficult to predict. This makes it very likely that Slade is going to get sliced hard SOME of that time. Because Slade's healing factor is not up to snuff, those attacks are going to connect more and more often due to him slowing down and losing fingers/limbs/chunks of flesh and blood during the fight. Wolverine's attacks are going to slice DEEP every time. They will cut to and through the bone. Slade cannot heal from that during the course of a fight.

Yes.

Infact that is a very possible scenerio.
When I decide a fight I don't say who would win because anything could happen and anyone could win (unless there is a massive disparity between the fighters). I think that the two combatans are very close once all of the factors are added up. Slade's superior weaponry and phsyical abilites vs Wolverines massive durability.

I just feel that when all of the factors are added up Slade wins more often than not. Which is why in my original post (whihc I don't think you read) I said Slade 6/10, because I feel Slade edges out Wolverine thats all.

scotsmn
Yes.

Infact that is a very possible scenerio.
When I decide a fight I don't say who would win because anything could happen and anyone could win (unless there is a massive disparity between the fighters). I think that the two combatans are very close once all of the factors are added up. Slade's superior weaponry and phsyical abilites vs Wolverines massive durability.

I just feel that when all of the factors are added up Slade wins more often than not. Which is why in my original post (whihc I don't think you read) I said Slade 6/10, because I feel Slade edges out Wolverine thats all.

I see your point also and I admit that Slade has advantages in some areas. However, I see it leaning the opposite direction due to Wolverine having the ability to inflict heavier damage up close (where I imagine the majority of this fight will take place) and the ability to soak up a lot more damage due to his skeleton not being pierced and his healing factor.

brainchild81
If Slade's got grenades w/him that took out WG and Superboy, they'd work on Wolvie also and I don't think Wolvie'd be fast enough to get far enough out of the blast radius. Slade carry sonics and flares or flashbangs? Also Slade should logically never lose to characters like Batman or Nightwing and he shouldn't have been able to do what he did to the JLA members in IC. Flash should own him and Kyle's the dumbest muthaf***a on the planet for throwing a punchlaughing

Warmonger
Go box mike tyson. Tell him that your intelligence will tip the scales in your favor. In the heat of battle, especially with someone as capable of ending you in one well placed hit such as Wolverine, there's little time to formulate attack sequences. It comes down to instincts you have developed by..... fighting.

Strength does not matter in THIS fight. Slade's level of strength can be brushed off by a healing factor and an adamantium laced skeleton. Wolverine doesn't need much strength at all to punch through Slade's flesh.

Wow how do you figure that comparison? If you think the disparity between Slade and Wolverine is as great as the disparity between aheavy weight boxer and an average guy then I think you don't knwo what your are talking about.

But to answer your question yes intellignece does make a difference. How did holyifeild beat Tyson? He fought smarter and didn't let Tyson get on a roll. Ask any fighter assesing your strentghs and your opponets weakness are one of the basic keys to winning a fight. I mean don't you think it takes intellignece to say "Hey this guy keeps coming back no matter how many bullets I put into his rib cage maybe I should shoot him somewhere else".

I mean it was Deadpool's intellignece that told him to slide his swords between Logan's ribcage and Slade is way more intelligent than that.

Logan's healing factor couldn't brush off Mr. X's beating why Slade's? It couldn't stop Guradians either? Didn't so jack when those werewolves were carving him up, didn't help when...

long pig
he was ko'd by aunt may's lamp. It didn't help when Daredevil k.o'd him...didn't help when....

-sigh-
It's been a good go, but I give up on these Wolverine fanboys. They're just...too...I don't know...too much for me.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4813/wolverin88888zp.jpg

Warmonger
Yes good show.

Now about that Juggernaut respect thread...

long pig
Newjak already broke it out a few months ago. It turned out that Jug was one of those guys who didn't really need a respect thread, everyone already knew his badassedness.

Warmonger
got these?
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/spyger/punch1.jpg

So much for Thunderstrike...
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/spyger/Thunderstrike.jpg

Dr Strange
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/spyger/NCSTJ1.jpg

long pig
We do now! Thanks.

I pride myself on having every Strange appearance, but...I don't have that one.

What comic is it????

Warmonger
fraid I don't know as it is one of those pics I picked up off of the internet.
how about this one?
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/spyger/rip1.jpg

Got a link to the thread?

scotsmn
But to answer your question yes intellignece does make a difference. How did holyifeild beat Tyson? He fought smarter and didn't let Tyson get on a roll. Ask any fighter assesing your strentghs and your opponets weakness are one of the basic keys to winning a fight. I mean don't you think it takes intellignece to say "Hey this guy keeps coming back no matter how many bullets I put into his rib cage maybe I should shoot him somewhere else".

No, he beat Tyson because Tyson was no longer the same fighter he used to be. Wolverine has all the "intelligence" necessary for a 1 on 1 street fight with someone like DS.

Logan's healing factor couldn't brush off Mr. X's beating why Slade's? It couldn't stop Guradians either? Didn't so jack when those werewolves were carving him up, didn't help when...

Did you read that comic and the one before? Mr. X was hardly the only thing Wolverine's healing factor had to deal with that night... HARDLY. Wolverine written correctly takes much, much, much worse. As far as guardian is concerned, another fluke but at least in the case of guardian he was traveling at who knows what speed, and he hit him with the weight of his entire body, which was covered in an unbreakable forcefield. Slade can't match that type of impact.

long pig
If you could just go through how you see the fight go, one sentence at a time and only one sentence per post, and then let me counter it with my own one sentence of how Slade would counter. We might get somewhere.

Want to? Ok, start.

scotsmn
Wolverine takes DS's head off.

Ok go.

scotsmn
laughing laughing laughing

long pig
Wolverine takes DS's head off.

Ok go.
-sigh-

Seriously. So, Slade just allows this to happen, or are you just too blinded by the power fanboy to debate logically?

scotsmn
Ok no he doesn't take off his head on the first swing. But I'm not gonna do a "battle" with you because it will get retarded real fast. Let's just say it's even until Wolverine goes Berserk. Then the advantages DS has in speed and agility are negated, making Wolverine the victor most of the time.

long pig
How would it turn retarded? It's just a simple "act/ counter act" situation.

It's basically the only and or best way to figure out something. It's called intelligent debate.

So, why would Wolverine's berserker rage make him too much for Slade?

XerxesLogan
How far apart is this fight starting? Within 30 yards? Then ranged attacks wouldn't matter that much. If you really want to be annoying.....Wolerine's strength and agility are higher that peak human, if you read the Weapon X books, they state that he also got enhancments there too. Also factor in the concept of being hit my a fist full of metal, that deals alot more damage then a similar strengthed, trained opponent. 10% more really isn't that much, satisticly. As for Mr. X, he was a precog fighter.....he knew what someone was going to do in a fight. If you want to know how well Logan thinks in a fight read the internal monolog during the first fight they had. He was stating that he was planing his moves ten steps ahead of time.....and why. Wolvie, knowing how deadly DS is (just by the way he moves) will not give him an opening to nerve damage. If DS tried it would cost him his hand. As for inteligence, yes does DS have it in raw IQ? Yeah.....but Logan's inteligence is compleatly tied to fighting and combat, thats pretty much all he knows. Slade reacts fast but that doesn't determine that he KNOWS what Logan is doing.....Logan just through age would prolly know fighting styles Slade has only heard of. If this fight starts within 20 or 30 yards Wolvie takes it.....if its more than that it will go to DS. If Ds runs in order to keep distance between he and Logan.....then Logan goes stealth.......and DS doesn't stand a chance in hell.

scotsmn
How would it turn retarded? It's just a simple "act/ counter act" situation.

It's basically the only and or best way to figure out something. It's called intelligent debate.

So, why would Wolverine's berserker rage make him too much for Slade?

Because he's going to swing faster and more often, his healing factor is going to jump in efficiency, he's going to react quicker, not feel pain and mainly he's going to become much less predictable. It would be much like cornering a real wolverine. All of a sudden you're going to see a blur of incredibly sharp claws coming at you, each one capable of completely ending you and the person behind them has no concern for himself.. he is completely focused on you and he's willing to take your sword or bullets into himself to reach you. DS will feel terror at the wreckless abandon in his berserker rage and will probably fight worse due to his fear.

long pig
How far apart is this fight starting? Within 30 yards? Then ranged attacks wouldn't matter that much. If you really want to be annoying.....Wolerine's strength and agility are higher that peak human, if you read the Weapon X books, they state that he also got enhancments there too. Also factor in the concept of being hit my a fist full of metal, that deals alot more damage then a similar strengthed, trained opponent. 10% more really isn't that much, satisticly. As for Mr. X, he was a precog fighter.....he knew what someone was going to do in a fight. If you want to know how well Logan thinks in a fight read the internal monolog during the first fight they had. He was stating that he was planing his moves ten steps ahead of time.....and why. Wolvie, knowing how deadly DS is (just by the way he moves) will not give him an opening to nerve damage. If DS tried it would cost him his hand. As for inteligence, yes does DS have it in raw IQ? Yeah.....but Logan's inteligence is compleatly tied to fighting and combat, thats pretty much all he knows. Slade reacts fast but that doesn't determine that he KNOWS what Logan is doing.....Logan just through age would prolly know fighting styles Slade has only heard of. If this fight starts within 20 or 30 yards Wolvie takes it.....if its more than that it will go to DS. If Ds runs in order to keep distance between he and Logan.....then Logan goes stealth.......and DS doesn't stand a chance in hell.
Slade isn't peak human. He's multiples of it. He was able to lift something that 100 normal humans couldn't. His agility and stamina are superhuman, too.

Wolverine couldn't out stealth Slade. Slade is superior in all senses. Hell, Slade was able to out stealth and stealth his way from SUPERMAN when Superman was tracking him down.

XerxesLogan
This jus tmy be a lake of personal knowlage but when did Slase lift this type of weight. Sneeking away and hunting are compleatly different dude. Even you got to admit much of it relies on instinct.....something Wolverine has in droves above Slade when dealing with a hunter prey situation. He also prolly prepared for the eventuality of Supes tring to track him.

long pig
Because he's going to swing faster and more often, his healing factor is going to jump in efficiency, he's going to react quicker, not feel pain and mainly he's going to become much less predictable. It would be much like cornering a real wolverine. All of a sudden you're going to see a blur of incredibly sharp claws coming at you, each one capable of completely ending you and the person behind them has no concern for himself.. he is completely focused on you and he's willing to take your sword or bullets into himself to reach you. DS will feel terror at the wreckless abandon in his berserker rage and will probably fight worse due to his fear.
Swing faster than who? Himself? He's still not faster than Slade. Same with reactions.

Less predictable? Not really. Slade isn't Mr.X, he doesn't rely on telepathy to figure out his opponents next move. If logan has a body, and it moves, Slade will be able to predict it's next course of action.

Nothing Wolverine can do would make him a blur to Slade. Remember, Slade's eyesight is beyond Logans, it's good enough to track lightspeeders.

Who said Slade would use his sword? He wouldn't, he'd blast Wolverine back 20 feet with his 4 0d ton PSI plasma blaster. Which leads Wolverine into being grenaded.

Your fallacy happens when you(and every wolverine fan) assumed EVERYONE wants to fight Wolverine h2h.

long pig
This jus tmy be a lake of personal knowlage but when did Slase lift this type of weight. Sneeking away and hunting are compleatly different dude. Even you got to admit much of it relies on instinct.....something Wolverine has in droves above Slade when dealing with a hunter prey situation. He also prolly prepared for the eventuality of Supes tring to track him.
Superhuman intellect & superior senses>>>instinct.

Slade is a better stealth user, by far, than logan.

brainchild81
Your fallacy happens when you(and every wolverine fanboy) assumed EVERYONE wants to fight Wolverine h2h. Damn good quote edited by mesmile

scotsmn
So Slade isn't up for gettin' down like a man eh? I didn't realize he was so much of a kitty. wink

You're putting way too much stock into Slade's ability to read people. He gets hit, often, so give it up. If he's so able to avoid getting hit there's wouldn't have been that little eye incident would there? The fact that he only has an eye on one side of his face leaves a pretty big blind spot on the other side... disadvantage? pshhyah! All wolverine has to do is scratch his other eye and game over. Wolverine has TWO working eyes, and yeah... his DO heal.

Berserk Wolverine is faster than Slade and more vicious. He's gonna cut Slade.. badly.

XerxesLogan
Instenct and inteligence are really oppisite dude, hence the whole "I will listen to my instincts" saying came about. Thinking gets in the way of instincts, which is a almost primodial 6th sence if you think about it. Think about a time where you just looked at a person and said to your self "I don't trust that guy, I don't like him....he's trouble" Did you think about it? Was it in any way concious? We're you right? Thats is instinct. How is Slade a better stealth figher? Wolverine has snuck up on telipaths, Sabertooth, killed the entire Dark Rider with it, lost every Gen X kid during a training session, in the same issiue suprised a forest demon, snuck up on Magneto (the guy who controlls and sences magnetic materials), hunts down dinosaurs, wolves, and about anyother animal on earth prolly......and many other inswtances are slipping my mind.

King KAM
Instenct and inteligence are really oppisite dude, hence the whole "I will listen to my instincts" saying came about. Thinking gets in the way of instincts, which is a almost primodial 6th sence if you think about it. Think about a time where you just looked at a person and said to your self "I don't trust that guy, I don't like him....he's trouble" Did you think about it? Was it in any way concious? We're you right? Thats is instinct. How is Slade a better stealth figher? Wolverine has snuck up on telipaths, Sabertooth, killed the entire Dark Rider with it, lost every Gen X kid during a training session, in the same issiue suprised a forest demon, snuck up on Magneto (the guy who controlls and sences magnetic materials), hunts down dinosaurs, wolves, and about anyother animal on earth prolly......and many other inswtances are slipping my mind.
stealth wise, wolverine.......who wins the fight, DS

XerxesLogan
Ughhh........never mind. there is no getting through to some people.

King KAM
Ughhh........never mind. there is no getting through to some people.
how does wolverine beat DS??? ill give you a chance to convince me, since you are suuuuuuuch a good debater.

Creshosk
lost every Gen X kid during a training session, When was this? Can't quite remember . . .

XerxesLogan
uh...the Gen X thing happened I think in Wolverine #95-or 96? I think? That particular run is buried right now but its around those numbers, it might be a little lower though. If I run across it I'll post it. As for Kam.......really not tring to be a prick here, please read the first couple of pages. I'm not saying Logan would annhilate him....I'm saying that they are damn even. A) It depends on circumstance of the fight, mainly weather it starts out within sprinting distance. B) I try not to include one time uber-things into my arguments unless someone eles does it first. C) I belive that Wolvie gets a bad shake here on these boards, hell all internetboards. I understand why in a lot of cases....some people defend him in really assinine ways. Is he my favorite char? Yeah. Is it for the same reasons as most? No. I'm just tring to defend a well rounded and writtin char thats has had a lot of recently bad writting and press.

King KAM
uh...the Gen X thing happened I think in Wolverine #95-or 96? I think? That particular run is buried right now but its around those numbers, it might be a little lower though. If I run across it I'll post it. As for Kam.......really not tring to be a prick here, please read the first couple of pages. I'm not saying Logan would annhilate him....I'm saying that they are damn even. A) It depends on circumstance of the fight, mainly weather it starts out within sprinting distance. B) I try not to include one time uber-things into my arguments unless someone eles does it first. C) I belive that Wolvie gets a bad shake here on these boards, hell all internetboards. I understand why in a lot of cases....some people defend him in really assinine ways. Is he my favorite char? Yeah. Is it for the same reasons as most? No. I'm just tring to defend a well rounded and writtin char thats has had a lot of recently bad writting and press.
im a huge wolverine fan, i said he beat the teen titans with prep, but slade in a FACE to FACE fight, Slade wins, in an h2h fight, slade wins BECUASE he never gets hit, and at distance slade has too many weapons.

XerxesLogan
i personal think logan could hit slade, physicly thier strengths and weaknesses balance eachother out. In a physical melee match I say Logan's duribility is what causes the win, he can take alot, he's got the training, and claws that slice through anything. at far range? (35+ yards) i agree with you.

King KAM
i personal think logan could hit slade, physicly thier strengths and weaknesses balance eachother out. In a physical melee match I say Logan's duribility is what causes the win, he can take alot, he's got the training, and claws that slice through anything. at far range? (35+ yards) i agree with you.
Wolverine isnt near 10x peak human.....with strength, reflexes,or speed....

XerxesLogan
But he has went toe to toe with Hulk man.....thats durable. And Wolvies reflexes aren't nothin to skoff at, he's dodged and hit Spidey and Quicksilver before. Up close it comes to an atrition match to me at least.

King KAM
But he has went toe to toe with Hulk man.....thats durable. And Wolvies reflexes aren't nothin to skoff at, he's dodged and hit Spidey and Quicksilver before. Up close it comes to an atrition match to me at least.
yeah, he would hit slade, but not before he got shot......grenaded and stabbed.....slade has hands like cap, so he can do it.`

XerxesLogan
I'm not saying he can't, but stabed and shot aren't going to do a whole lot over all. Grenades can be dodged if the blast radius isn't insane....if thats the case Slade would prolly be caught too....considering Logan would be up close. Then it comes down to who heals faster.

King KAM
I'm not saying he can't, but stabed and shot aren't going to do a whole lot over all. Grenades can be dodged if the blast radius isn't insane....if thats the case Slade would prolly be caught too....considering Logan would be up close. Then it comes down to who heals faster.
wolverine can win a few but sincerely, fate is on slades side slade 7/10

XerxesLogan
Alright, I'll agree to disagree. It is comics it just depends on who's writing it in this case. If you wrote it your way it would make sence, if I wrote it my way it make sence. Well dude, nice chatting with ya but I gotta crash.....hate to leave you hangin considering I thinkits only you and me in here, but I'll be on here agian soon and then we can continue.

Creshosk
Alright, I'll agree to disagree. It is comics it just depends on who's writing it in this case. If you wrote it your way it would make sence, if I wrote it my way it make sence. Well dude, nice chatting with ya but I gotta crash.....hate to leave you hangin considering I thinkits only you and me in here, but I'll be on here agian soon and then we can continue. You never know who's lurking in the shadows. . . shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.