Martian Manhunter vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
No idea if this has been done before...but who cares.

Draco69
This is too close to tell in my opinion.

DarkCrawler
Is Thor vunerable to telepathy?

Draco69
Ask somebody else. I don't know. This is normal Thor by the way.

doctorstrongbad
I think thor can take this battle but it would be close.

the Darkone
Thor is immune to all forms mind control like his father odin.

Draco69
I don't know about that. Moondragon was able to control him when she sieged Ba Benis.

the Darkone
you just you don't know now you know make up your damn mind. Odin made sure after that he will never be mind control again by casting a magical spell.

Draco69
I really have difficult reading your posts. Use punctuation and proper grammar.

I didn't know that Odin cast a mind-control nullifying spell on Thor.

Does it extend to telepathic assaults, sensory distortions, mind-reading, etc.

Jason8200
If this was a battle where they both had prep time I think Martian would win due to him having telepathic and telekinetic powers. He can also turn invisible and is a brilliant tactician / fighter.
But if it is just head to head I think Thor would win just because he is stronger and has controll over the elements.
It would be a good fight though.

the Darkone
all mind control

Draco69
Telepathic assaults aren't mind control though. Mind control is obviously controlling the conscious actions of the mind. Telepathic assaults attack the conscious mind causing severe pain. Sensory distortions disrupt or nullify senses. Mind-reading is obviously reading one's thoughts.

You said that Thor was made to be immune to mind control by Odin. But that doesn't mean that envelopes the full spectrum of telepathy.

Luke Cage is very resistant to mind-control by Purple Man. However his mind can still be read or attacked.

Scoobless
purple man isn't a telepath and doesn't use "mind control" as such, he controls people with his pheromones and can make them do whatever he says, they are still conscious and fully aware of what they are doing.... can even speak out against it but they can't resist....... unless they can get his pheromones out of their system and block more from getting in... like Nate Grey did when he met the Purple Man

Cage could be resistant to Purple man as the Pheromones may have difficulty getting through his skin

Draco69
Phermones? Ewwwww. Like a male version of Poison Ivy.

lightaxe
well MM is still vulnerable to fire right? Cause technically if Thor hit him with some lightining hed catch fire and die, i have the "trial by fire" TPB so id know the answer to fire question but im too lazy to find it.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Draco69
Phermones? Ewwwww. Like a male version of Poison Ivy.

i suppose ....... but he can't control the release of them, they are constantly released like all pheomones so unless he has been drugged (as they said in new avengers 3) or someone has a TK shield or protective gear he can make anyone do anything....... which i don't think he always wanted as it makes it difficult to have relationships when the other person has no will

Jason8200
MM is scared of fire... not physically hurt by it. It brings back the false memories that were implanted in him to help him forget about the plague that killed all of the other martians.

The fake memories showed a blue flame killing all of the martians when they were invaded.

He is not physically hurt by them but mentally it devastates him.

Draco69
Not anymore. It has to be fire of "passion". For example, a fire that destroys a boy's home and his family would dilute his powers. But a plain ol bonfire wouldn't affect him in anyway.

Jason8200
Oh well then that just makes him even stronger. Too bad for Thor.

kgkg
good fight if his metal attacks don't work than thor takes it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.