This is horrible... Google should change this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
Ok, if you do a google search for "How to kill Jaws in the nintendo game", it corrects you. This is kinda disturbing...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=How+to+kill+Jaws+in+the+nintendo+game&btnG=Google+Search

Why does it do that? sad mad

LanceWindu
OH MY GOD!!! GOOGLE IS A NAZI!

steely balls
thats not cool, google should get their asses beat

silver_tears
actually it's just auto spelling so no one is doing anything, it's a randomizer, looking for other words with a capital J What the f**k?

burlyman
laughing out loud embarrasment

steely balls
but jaws is a word

nazgulinthedark
jaw and jew are almost spelled the same, so it probably couldnt find what you were talking about with jaws and randomly found a word, the word being jews, that was close to jaws and would get a better result

$¥®€Ñ
No, it's not........

steely balls
jaws is word

burlyman
no
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=How+to+kill+Jaws+in+the+21st+century&btnG=Google+Search

Dregh
Now THIS is bad

JKozzy
shock

silver_tears
why did you edit your first post koz man stick out tongue

The Force
laughing out loud oops embarrasment

JKozzy
Put in the image and added smiley/added to title.

$¥®€Ñ
"Jaws" is not actually a grammatically correct word.......

"Jaw" is a word, as in "the line of his jaw". You would not say "one jaw", you would say "one jawline", therefore the plural of "jaw" is "jawlines".

If I am wrong, please feel free to tell me, and why.......

$¥®€Ñ
AAARRGGHH!!!!!!!

I've just realised I am TOTALLY wrong......

I thought of a crocodile opening it's jaws........ embarrasment

S.HIT.........

steely balls
its coo

$¥®€Ñ
thumb up

Will take criticism if I deserve it........

Soz dude wink

Dregh
Wow...hot sig syren

Baylin
It takes a strong person to admit when one is wrong and even more so to do something about it!

*Note to self respect Syren 120% more than before!*

JKozzy
Heh...

So then Jaws should be a real word.. then why does google do an auto spell search on it? blink

Dregh
laughinglaughinglaughinglaughinglaughinglaughinglaughing
http://www.code7r.org/Bintoons/images/google2.jpg

BLACKANGEL
thats wrong

Baylin
laughing out loud LMFAO laughing out loud

Have you seen the French Army Knife? It has a flip up cork screw and little white flag (Note to any French I am only joking! stick out tongue )

MC Mike
Google also has algorithims that search for articles containing other close words and all it did was calculate that there were more algorithms matching Jews in that case than Jaws, and therefore it asked if you wished to change it. smart

PissedOffGoalie
GOOGLE IS RACIST

JKozzy
laughing out loud

whatshisface
that is funnier than sh!t laughing and sh!t is hella funny!

Gregory
I don't think so. Other searches, like "Where does Jaws go to die," that result in no matches don't suggest "Jews" as an alternative.

Gregory
Even as I submitted that, it occured to me that I was misinterpretting you explanation. Oops.

JKozzy
then edit the post winkstick out tongue

Gregory
I would have, but it's always struck me as vaguely dishonest to edit away that sort of mistake as if it had never been made. It's probably just me, but we must all be allowed our idiosyncrasies

But what he was suggesting doesn't always work. Typing in "Jaws are blessed" doesn't result in Google suggesting "Jews are blessed," even though that gives more results.

Oswald Kenobi
They really need to have somebody make a change to the site. That is really bad.

JKozzy
Yeah...
And Gregory, good point! smile But it's not really that big a deal stick out tongue

MC Mike
Yes but Jaws are blessed may have a reasonable quantity, while the original search had very little and THEN there was a change.

RobBo
This is the funniest thread I've seen in an age!!!!!!!!http://deephousepage.com/smilies/praise2.gif

MC Mike
You know, I take that back. The first search had more results. embarrasment

But my final arguement is that more people have used those words together compared to the other search. Or, more likely, most of the results in the first search are vague sites while the other has better sources.

JKozzy
Thank you! smart

Peloquin
This is a good one. Do a search for "miserable failure" and see what the first thing that pops up is.

Awww poor Georgie smile

JKozzy
Yes, that's a google hack, everyone's seen that no expression

JKozzy
Always trying to be logical, eh Mike? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Gregory
I just tried double-checking this, and this time, it did suggest "Jews are blessed"

*runs off before he can make an even bigger fool of himself*

MC Mike
laughing out loud So I was right to begin with, eh?

Gregory
No no no, I was right. But, um, the Google people obviously changed things sometime between now and the time I first posted. It's the only possible explanation.

eleveninches
OMG, I cant believe google did that!!!!

JKozzy
laughing out loud And another member views the thread for the first time... laughing out loud

eleveninches
Yeah. They still havn't changed it. Somebody should e-mail them and tell them

JKozzy
This is true.. any volunteers?

Korri
that sucks!

JKozzy
Korri can email them! smart

Korri
ill tell them what i think of them mad

JKozzy
You go girl! yes big grin

Korri
big grin

JKozzy
You'd think Google would notice something that racist/prejudice....

Korri
no they r evil

lil bitchiness
Its not Zionist, as thats what you are all getting at! What the f**k?

It just went for the next similar word to Jaws, it has nothing to do with Zionism whatsoever.

Google (like any other search engine) doesnt search for exact phrases (unless you specifically say so in the advanced search) but it searches for results that include all the words you included.

It obviously couldnt find the results containing those words, so it went for the similar.

Sheesh! Its not a conspiracy or rocket science.

Korri
Milla love

Kaleanae
Search Engines: search the Internet -- or select pieces of the Internet -- based on -important- words, also they keep an index of the words they find, and where they find them.

lil bitchiness
love Korri! hug

Korri
I http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif my Milla :hug

Linkalicious
So wait Jkozzy....did you ever figure out how to actually kill Jaws? I used to play that game for hours and the best i could do was fend him off. sad

Eclipse
OMG thats horrible..........

JKozzy
Nope sad

i slayed buffy
laughing out loud thats funi but people actualy serch 4

Dregh
I only search for 2 Words in Google everyday, once starts with S and the other starts with P. And sometimes they have sth in common.

i slayed buffy
wots that

Scotty
sexy people

i slayed buffy
i think ov something else

Vampiree
OMG!!!! NAZIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alias_Neo
that is sad, but funny in the same waysmileno expressionermsad

Scotty
if you go to google, and search, miserable failure, and then click on im feeling lucky you get something funny but at the same time, mean.

and type in elmer fudd then click im feeling lucky(im freewing wucky)

theres more but i cant think of em

Alias_Neo
Miserable Failure: George Bushlaughing out loud

i slayed buffy
we did a thing in english and i had to brake down and cry coz hitler died lol and my teachers like but charlotte hitler was the bad guy

JKozzy
Heh... amazing what some people can do with hacks...

dragonpisces272
big grin

JKozzy
Uck... the owners of the site changed the screenshot.. mods please edit it out now...

dragonpisces272
shifty what wonders you can find in google big grin

JKozzy
Yup...
the image is supposed to be the one attached, if a mod could replace the disgusting one with it...

dragonpisces272
laughing go mods! you can do it!

JKozzy
Heh, they did it luckily. Thanks Raz and Kes smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.