What if Qui-Gon didn't die?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morridini
Some friends of mine and I was having a discussion on what would have happened if Qui-Gon hadn't died and would have trained Anakin, instead of Obi training him. My friends seemed to think that if Qui-Gon had trained him that Anakin would not have fallen to the Dark Side. But there I think they are wrong, I actually think that with Qui-Gon as his master Anakin could have turned to the Dark Side faster. I think this since I got the impression that Qui-Gon is a very radical Jedi compared to the rest, and I wouldn't think it too unlikely that he would have joined Dooku if he had gotten the chance. As Dooku told Obi in AotC. Does anyone want to back up my thought, or perhaps my friends thought?

darth nihilias
i would inforce your belief, qui gon was a much more radical jedi than the others and would of joined dooku very quickly. Happy Dance Happy Dance alien What the f**k? shifty smart ninja

Protector
I think Qui Gon was really a Sith all a long but he died before it could be revealed

Uber_God
if quigon was a sith why not kill obiwan? and why try to kill darth maul?

use the search button for 'what if'

Morridini
I did search but all the other what if threads were full of meaningless what ifs (what if Luke was a cat).

jengafett
Qui-Gon wouldn't have joined Dooku, that's all I can say without spoiling you.

Anakin wouldn't have turned to the dark side, Obi-Wan is more uptight, strict and wants Anakin to follow the book, Qui-Gon would give Anakin a break, maybe let him see his mother. Qui-Gon and Anakin got along more, so Anakin would've fufilled his destiny some other way.

Morridini
Originally posted by jengafett

How can u be so sure about that?

TheVapor

Anakin wouldn't have turned to the dark side, Obi-Wan is more uptight, strict and wants Anakin to follow the book, Qui-Gon would give Anakin a break, maybe let him see his mother. Qui-Gon and Anakin got along more, so Anakin would've fufilled his destiny some other way.

But still if Qui-Gon had trained Anikan then the OT wouldn't make sence because Obi-Wan said he trained Anikan. Then again there are many things that don't make sence roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth_Nefarus
Qui-Gonn was a radical, but not as radical as Dooku. He believed in the living force, not the darkside, which Dooku was always leaning toward. I think had Anakin been trained by Qui-Gonn he would have been more responsive to Qui-Gonn's methods and although I'm not saying he wouldn't, he would be much less likely to turn. Besides, he would have sensed Anakin's trust in Palpatine, and instead of arguing with him about it, he would explained why senators must not be trusted.
Also, although it was against the rules, he wouldn't become upset with Anakin marrying, he may even encourage him to train his future children.

Darth Subjekt
I think he would have given Anakin the respect he deseeves and therefore he wouldnt have turned. He wouldnt want to. He would have had the same skills, but they would have been appreciated more and he would have learned how to be modest and all that. OB1 doesnt even want to entertain the thought of his padawan being better than him, while Qui Gon admitted that OB1 was a much wiser man, which i feel is debatable but thats another story. I think Qui Gon would have challenged Palps much sooner before he got so much power and it all would have ended with Anakin killing his old wrinkled ass. I mean Anakin wants to kill Palps in Ep 3, which he prolly could, so thats how i think it would have played out.

And thanks Morridini for a thread worth discussing.

Darth_Nefarus
Anakin wants to kill him because he's crazy and he's all on the darkside. Had Qui-Gonn been his tutor he would have destroyed Palapatine in the name of the force, not power.
And yes, this is a good thread.

KenpoKarate
Great thread

I have thought about this many time. Mainly because Qui-Gonn is my favorite Jedi besides Mace Windu.

I dont think Anakin Skywalker would have turned to the dark side. It does seem sometimes that Skywalker fate to the dark side would be unavoidable but we are missing one aspect of it all. Qui-Gonn believed in Anakin from the start and was the only one who believed in him from the start besides Paps. No one cant tell me that Anakin never remembered sitting in front of all the Jedi's and being told no. No one cant tell me that didnt have a affect on him.

Another point is that Obi-Wan was to young to have a apprt. Qui-Gonn was older and way more inciteful about the force then Obi-Wan was. Qui-Gonn also had a lot more patience then Obi-Wan did also.

This is just this mans thought at lest

eagleye
otherwise he would've disappeared when died in OW's arms. There's many clues in Ep 1.. it has to be true!

Not disappearing, being burned (remind you of any other dark side dabblers... like DV, the only other "Jedi" who was burned) Qui-Gon played his part perfectly, as he died in OW's arms and convinced OW to promise to take on Annakin in the Jedi program. The council rejected "Annie" and QG with the help of the Siths worked their magic to get him in.

more.. QG kneels before Maul, not meditates, as Lucas brilliantly made U think. Shortly before this, QG & Princess kneel before leader of the Gungans for their help. That scene is magic, listen to it... we kneel as your servant???

QG served Maul and Sidious. Could be that Maul truly became Drth Maul after killed QG. There can only be 2, Sidious doesn't have to tell truth when he introduces. When was last time a criminal told entire truth?

more.. earlier in Ep 1, Sidious tells Maul to not make any moves until he has absolute confirmation and has been communicated to that The information they need is true so that their revenge on the Jedi can be had. Who's their source for this confirmation??? Qui-Gon and the kneeling is his confirmation of his servancy.

obviously thanks to Dooku's passionate plea to Obi in Ep 2, people are coming around. We'll all know soon enough though. Less than a month!!!

Enjoy

KenpoKarate
I seriously doubt Qui-Gonn was on the darkside of the force. I agree there isnt a lot known about Qui-Gonn but to think he was a on the darkisde is kinda hard to accept. Remember the one Sith rule, there can be only two.

I think the serious difference between him and the rest of the Jedi Order was his knowledge about the force and his unwillingness to conform to the rules of the Jedi counsel. It was Obi-Wan in EP. I that said "if you just followed the code then you would be on the counsel." Also, note the fact that Obi-Wan was his student for a very long time. No one can tell me that if Qui-Gonn was a Sith then Obi-Wan wouldnt know about it or that if Qui-Gonn was a Sith and Obi-Wan did know about it he wouldnt tell the counsel.

In all due respect to your opinion, I think the idea he was a Sith is a little out there on the lines of him being Master Sifodyas.

jedi2187
If Qui-Gonn wasn't ran through with a sith blade, he would have trained anakin, Obi-Wan would of course eventually become a knight, but Anakin would still turn out the same. Still have dreams of his mother, Padme, and others he cared about dying, hot-headed, etc...
To misquote from the latest novel, Labyrinth of Evil, Obi-Wan compares Anakin to Qui-Gonn, as far as entrances go. Obi-Wan would be tactful, while Qui-Gonn, as shown in TPM, would brazenly walk in. Anakin has that impulsiveness that Qui-Gonn has (just an assumption on my part, though...)

That Qui-Gonn. (dirty hippie...)

Darth Blender

mtryder
I'll repost an old post of mine for this, as I think it's extremely applicable. Had Qui-Gon trained Anakin, I fully believe that Anakin would have fulfilled his destiny as the Chosen One without ever falling to the dark side:

==========================
Interesting theory, but I don't think he was a Sith. Rather, I think he may have been much as Dooku said he was. Had he lived, I could definitely see him joining the separatists. And this is what I don't like about Lucas' concept of the force, really.
From all appearances, Lucas got his idea of the Force from Taoism. The way he's represented it, the Yin is "light" and the Yang is "dark". That's not how it should have happened. Striving for enlightenment, harmony, and peace should have been light, and striving to manipulate and conquer should have been dark. That said, to be enlightened, and live in harmony and peace, it is not required that someone abide by the rules that the Jedi order set down. It is possible- someone like, say, Walt Whitman would say *only* possible- to attain the balance and harmony through understanding and living within your own emotions.

Thats where I think Qui Gon was, in spite of the Jedi Order telling him it was wrong, and it's the state of mind that I think Anakin tried to find. The reason that he fell to the Dark Side was because he felt such intense emotion, yet he was taught on one hand (Palpatine) to embrace it and use it as a force to strike down the Order, and on the other hand (the Council) he was taught to ignore it entirely. Anakin wanted to be good, and would have been good, if not for the gross negligence of the Jedi Order. My theory, therefore, is that had Qui-Gon lived to tutor Anakin, he would never have fallen to the Dark Side. Qui-Gon would have taught Anakin the truths that the Order, for some reason, denied- that fear and love can be embraced for the ultimate good. Anakin's fall is as much at the hands of the Order as it is at the hands of Palpatine. The only difference is that one does it unwittingly.

And this, in my opinion, is why Darth Maul seems so intent on killing Qui-Gon specifically in Episode I. I bet Sidious knows that if he can eliminate the only 'romantic' (in the philosophical sense) in the Jedi Order, Anakin will have nobody left to turn to with his emotions but him. Qui Gon is, basically, Anakin had Anakin found a way to reconcile his emotions with the Order's teachings.

KenpoKarate
Originally posted by mtryder
I'll repost an old post of mine for this, as I think it's extremely applicable. Had Qui-Gon trained Anakin, I fully believe that Anakin would have fulfilled his destiny as the Chosen One without ever falling to the dark side:

Interesting theory, but I don't think he was a Sith. Rather, I think he may have been much as Dooku said he was. Had he lived, I could definitely see him joining the separatists. And this is what I don't like about Lucas' concept of the force, really.
From all appearances, Lucas got his idea of the Force from Taoism. The way he's represented it, the Yin is "light" and the Yang is "dark". That's not how it should have happened. Striving for enlightenment, harmony, and peace should have been light, and striving to manipulate and conquer should have been dark. That said, to be enlightened, and live in harmony and peace, it is not required that someone abide by the rules that the Jedi order set down. It is possible- someone like, say, Walt Whitman would say *only* possible- to attain the balance and harmony through understanding and living within your own emotions.

Thats where I think Qui Gon was, in spite of the Jedi Order telling him it was wrong, and it's the state of mind that I think Anakin tried to find. The reason that he fell to the Dark Side was because he felt such intense emotion, yet he was taught on one hand (Palpatine) to embrace it and use it as a force to strike down the Order, and on the other hand (the Council) he was taught to ignore it entirely. Anakin wanted to be good, and would have been good, if not for the gross negligence of the Jedi Order. My theory, therefore, is that had Qui-Gon lived to tutor Anakin, he would never have fallen to the Dark Side. Qui-Gon would have taught Anakin the truths that the Order, for some reason, denied- that fear and love can be embraced for the ultimate good. Anakin's fall is as much at the hands of the Order as it is at the hands of Palpatine. The only difference is that one does it unwittingly.

And this, in my opinion, is why Darth Maul seems so intent on killing Qui-Gon specifically in Episode I. I bet Sidious knows that if he can eliminate the only 'romantic' (in the philosophical sense) in the Jedi Order, Anakin will have nobody left to turn to with his emotions but him. Qui Gon is, basically, Anakin had Anakin found a way to reconcile his emotions with the Order's teachings.

I applaud your post man. Great thinking! I seriously dont think Qui-Gonn was a Sith. The one point that makes me think that is basically because of the third book. In ROTS, it was Qui-Gonn who taught the secret of coming back as a Jedi to YODA and not to Paps. Qui-Gonn had an understanding of the force that no other Jedi had at that time. That is what made him different. That is why the counsel didnt make him one of its members.

Like I said earlier, Qui-Gonn believed in Anakin. Not Obi-Wan or the counsel. The counsel just wanted to use Anakin and they didnt ever want Anakin to be trained.

atheist
No one in this thread seems to be able to spell Qui-Gon correctly. Its Qui-Gon not Qui-Gonn.

Qui-Gon was not involved with the Sith, ever!!!

Darth Subjekt
Well then Mr. Spelling Nazi, if you would like to get technical, it is spelled "it's", not "its". You also forgot to put the comma in between "Qui-Gon" and "not".

And no, Qui-Gon was never affiliated with the Sith.

MistaMandalore
Originally posted by mtryder

Interesting theory. I agree with most, however, I'm not entirely certain the rules set by the order are flawed. You say Qui-Gon could have instructed Anakin in a way which would allow him to embrace the two most dangerous emotions without falling to the Dark Side which is an interesting concept, but I'm wondering if you are underestimating the dark side's power. When I think of the dark side I think of it as a highly addicting. Every time you use it you get a feeling of invincibilty. Everything is weaker and you are superior (Anakin's tusken camp adventure). I'm not sure even Qui-Gon would have agreed with Anakin's marriage. And i'm not sure of Qui-Gon's past but i'm certain he didn't have the same turmoil Anakin had in his youth. No father, a slave, told that he's the saviour of the universe, being brought into the order at a late age..etc...

jengafett
Qui-Gon was not on the dark side. There's a lot of stuff that that you'll find out soon, but he definately wasn't. I'm sure Anakin would've fufilled his destiny some other way.

Here's how Anakin's downfall happened:

Ep 1, Celebration.

Anakin: Obi-Wan, I miss my mum.
Obi-Wan: Moan, moan, moan...look, attachment is forbidden, I had to live with it, so do you.
Anakin: Can we at least talk about it?
Obi-Wan: No. It will remind you of your attachment...I'm going to read the Jedi's handbook...(Obi walks off. Palpatine arrives)
Palpatine: Anakin...do you wanna talk about your mother to me?
Anakin: Sure.

THE FRIENDSHIP IS FORMED.

This is what wouldve happened if Qui-Gon had lived.

Anakin: Qui-Gon, I miss my mother.
Qui-Gon: I know Anakin. Look, I'll promise you something, whenever we have time, I will take you to visit her.
Anakin: Maybe free her?
Qui-Gon: Maybe, I've conned Watto once and I can con him again.
Anakin: Great.
(Palpatine arrives)
Palpatine: Anakin, do you wanna talk about your mother to me?
Anakin: No.

Anakin would've been saved.

Darth_Janus
Qui-Gon was not on the dark side. There's a lot of stuff that that you'll find out soon, but he definately wasn't. I'm sure Anakin would've fufilled his destiny some other way.

Ep 1, Celebration.

Obi-Wan: Moan, moan, moan...look, attachment is forbidden, I had to live with it, so do you.
Obi-Wan: No. It will remind you of your attachment...I'm going to read the Jedi's handbook...(Obi walks off. Palpatine arrives)

Qui-Gon: I know Anakin. Look, I'll promise you something, whenever we have time, I will take you to visit her.
(Palpatine arrives)

Funny... lol...

mtryder had excellent points, though. The Jedi Order in general failed by not properly addressing Anakin's obvious differences and needs.

eagleye
The rule that there can be only two Siths can still apply in Ep. 1 if Maul doesn't truly become a Sith until the death of Qui-Gon.

What about the fact Qui-Gon didn't disappear?? Then he was burned.. just like Vader.

I know this is unpopular about Qui-Gon dabbling with the dark side. But what if Qui-Gon's knowledge of the Force was so great, that he already knew Anakin was the Chosen One. Chosen to bring balance to the force, BUT, only after the Chosen One went to the Dark Side. Could Qui-Gon have known Anakin would see the 'Light' only after being in the 'Dark'

Like the novel indicates.. QG was quite possibly the strongest user and most knowledgeable of the Force, therefore, he would have known Anakin would go to the dark side only to bring balance in the end, by coming back to the light.

Unpoplular.. this theory AND QG's methods were, that's for sure, but I still don't think this is too far out there, especially since he didn't disappear. QG had a plan, that was to get Anakin into the Jedi program at whatever cost, and that was letting his own life go, forcing Obi-Wan to promise to teach Anakin.

Darth_Janus
Qui Gon didn't die. He's walking around in many scenes. Look closer.

Pfft.... Give it up.

mtryder
Eagleye:

Whether or not a Jedi disappears has nothing to do with light or dark. Go back and watch AOTC, and you'll see a whole boatload of Jedi dying and not disappearing. Were every one of them evil? No. That discrepency will be answered in Episode III, trust me.

Bringing balance to the force as an act never required Anakin to fall to the darkside. He could have fulfilled his destiny had he done Mace's bidding.

Jengafett's post really nails it. I'm not saying that Qui-Gon's teachings would definitely have saved Anakin, but it certainly couldn't have hurt. Qui-Gon may not have looked favorably upon the marriage, but it may have been that Anakin wouldn't have felt so cornered that marriage was required to begin with. Had Qui-Gon taught Anakin, things would most definitely have ended differently with Shmi--either Qui-Gon would have brought Anakin to save her, or he would have helped Anakin deal with his emotions before they boiled over.

Obi-Wan himself compares Anakin to Qui-Gon at some point (anyone remember where? I'm spacing), and that is key. Anakin had more capacity to love than hate-it was his love for Padme that caused him to take most of the major steps down the Dark path- yet the Jedi Order never realized the true benevolence of such emotions.

Vanquish
The theory that Qui-gon was in any way associated with the Sith is rediculous. Yes it is true that he wasen't the traditional thinking Jedi that say Yoda is, but that certainly doesn't mean that he is a Sith. Look at Windu. He is probably the closest Jedi to the Dark side that there is, with his radical thoughts and his Vapaad style that is basically dancing on the dark side anyway, and he's ON the council. Just because you lean more towards the dark side then yoda, certainly doesn't make you a Sith. Qui-gon was a pure Jedi.

Secondly, if Qui-gon did train Anakin, I truly believe he would not have turned to the dark side. I believe Anakin being forbidden to free his mother started it all off. Qui-gon would most certainly have let Anakin take leave to free his mother, and he probably would even have helped him do it. Anakin was right in AOTC when he says obi wan is holding him back. He was, and it is the reason Anakin was looking for another path. Qui-gon would have been able to curtail Anakin's anger in a more positive direction.

It's like this. When parents tell children they can't do something, and the kid asks why, there are two ways to explain it. 1) Because I say so 2) actually take the time to explain in a way they can understand.

Obi wan is like the "because I say so" type of teacher, which clearly doesn't work with Anakin. Although I love Obi wan, I think he was probably one of the worst choices for Anakin's master.

Protector
Originally posted by Protector
I think Qui Gon was really a Sith all a long but he died before it could be revealed
He didn't kill Obi Wan because he wanted to turn him to the dark side with Anankin. And the reason he tried to kill Darth Maul is because they hated each other.

moviejunkie23

Ep 1, Celebration.

(Palpatine arrives)

Coudn't say it better
Anikin needed a good teacher, someone that believed in him. Qui Gon would have used every fiber in his being to see that Anikin turned out right and would have never turned his back on him. And since the council would not have let Anikin been trained without Qui Gon dying, Qui Gon would have certainly trained him himself, leaving no room for the council's legalism but rather Qui Gon's teaching to open yourself to the force fully.
About Qui Gon being a sith, that is just rediculous, there is no way Lucas intended Qui Gon to be a SIth!!! Why is Qui Gon trying to yell at Anikin through the force "Anikin stop!" when Anikin is killing tuskens? There is no way he was a sith, that is just silly, sorry.

SithKiller
Qui Gon is not a sith if you dont mind a spoiler then highlight this.... Qui Gon came through in Episode 3 to Yoda and Yoda became Qui-Gons apprentice Yoda wouldnt have bowed down to a sith...OKAY!

Darth Syko
You have to remember about the adventures of Qui-Gonn and Obi1 before EP1...Tahl, the woman Qui Gonn loves dies, Obi1 is annoyed because Qui Gonn won't confide in him...blah, blah, blah...

Otaku_Sith
Originally posted by darth nihilias
i would inforce your belief, qui gon was a much more radical jedi than the others and would of joined dooku very quickly. Happy Dance Happy Dance alien What the f**k? shifty smart ninja But then again Anakin himself is a radical jedi

Otaku_Sith
Originally posted by Otaku_Sith
But then again Anakin himself is a radical jedi
with that i mean Anakin acts on emotion and isn't afraid to tell what he thinks.Just like Qui-Gon heheheee

DeVi| D0do
I think that what we're gonna find in ROTS is that the Jedi will realise that Qui Gon was right to act the way he did, and that they were wrong, stuck in their old ways and failed to see, as Qui Gon did, that they needed to change

Which is why Yoda tells Obi Wan he has training for him in his solitude, from his new master and Obi Wan's old one (ie Qui Gon)

So no. I don't belive Anakin will have turned if Qui Gon taught him. The Jedi failed in raising Anakin. Yoda realises this and learns to change his ways from Qui Gon.

mike_kenobi
Originally posted by Protector
He didn't kill Obi Wan because he wanted to turn him to the dark side with Anankin. And the reason he tried to kill Darth Maul is because they hated each other.

this whole idea of Jinn being a sith is a insult to the legacy of star wars. im a huge fan of kenobi's but ill admit that his teaching methods were a huge mistake for anakin. and if jinn would of trained anakin i doubt that anakin would of become vader, however it is possible. anyone who beieve this crazy theory of jinn being a sith is a disgrace.

Delta 62
Qui Gon being a Sith.. how stupid. I remember people saying that Qui Gon was Sifo Dyas; most of the information you can get is from the novels..people who don't read them shouldn't make stupid assumptions.

Otaku_Sith
Well actually we're stuck with Vader,which is not a bad thing,because of Qui Gon died,basically.

Sodo
I'm no expert on this kind of stuff, but I like to put in my bit on things. Anakin wasn't even supposed to be a Jedi to begin with, correct? I mean, wasn't he both too old and too young to be a Jedi? He started too late but didn't develop his sensitivity to the Force fast enough? I believe Qui-Gonn would have done a much better job than Obi-Wan just out of experience. Anakin was vulnerable to the Dark Side with Obi-Wan purely out of the fact that Obi-Wan "held him back." Qui-Gonn should have been able to change that. You don't have to agree, but that's just my two cents in this matter.

DredgeIsDead
Damn this is a pretty good post. One of the reaosn why I loved Qui-Gon was that he thought with his heart. He cared not for the traditional and by the books way of the Jedi Councel. He knew right from wrong and he acted on that. He could feel the presence and power from Anakin as a child. Anakin's falling to the dark side was most like from malnuturing. He was special and not dealt with properly. He need someone with a true understanding of the living force (QUI-GON). Obi-Wan did what he could but he was still so much a child when he began training Ani. One day he is a padawan, next day he has one. Not his fault, he too was following what he thought was right, and no one could be blamed for that. He just wasn't ready for Anakin. I don't think Qui-Gon would have ever turned to the dark side. I think the reason he didn't dissapear is because he had not yet become one with the force, so he could not return to it. Maybe? If Qui-Gon would have survive the duel of the fates, I think Obi-Wan would have went forward to become a great Jedi Knight (as qui-gon has forseen) and probably joined the council, Anakin would have been trained properly by a seasoned Pro (wasn't Qui-Gon like 60? come one that's EXP like woah) that's not to say he would not have turned, if it was his destiny to turn, nothing could stop that from occuring, countless events could have led to it. but it may have been prevented. However Sidious would have just found someone else to exploit. If Qui-Gon would have lived, He would have served count dooku, that's a fact, so the Palpatine would have had to find a new sucker. That's my 7 in the am 2 cents.

jango fatt
Originally posted by Morridini
Some friends of mine and I was having a discussion on what would have happened if Qui-Gon hadn't died and would have trained Anakin, instead of Obi training him. My friends seemed to think that if Qui-Gon had trained him that Anakin would not have fallen to the Dark Side. But there I think they are wrong, I actually think that with Qui-Gon as his master Anakin could have turned to the Dark Side faster. I think this since I got the impression that Qui-Gon is a very radical Jedi compared to the rest, and I wouldn't think it too unlikely that he would have joined Dooku if he had gotten the chance. As Dooku told Obi in AotC. Does anyone want to back up my thought, or perhaps my friends thought?
He 'd still be alive

Darth Syko
There are two types of jedi:-
Rule following- Obi1, Yoda
Rule breaking- Dooku, Qui Gon, Anakin

both anakin and dooku were trained by rule followers, which led them to the dark side. Qui Gon was trained by another rule breaker, so he did not turn.

DenKi
Well QuiGon didnt want to be on the Jedi council, im not sure why??

Nataku8188
Go read Jedi Apprentice, they are really easy to read and short. Obi-wan was a lot like Anakin when he was younger. Anakin would've turned out fine if he had been with Qui-gon.

MAUL IS GOD
I am with darth subjekt qui-gon was never a sith and if he were the it would have been revealed and he did die he just found a way to come back spiritualy like at return of the jedi aniken and yoda and obi wan are standing there thats what he figured out how to do

xyz jedi
If Qui-Gon didn't die, then he would of killed Tyrannus in AotC. Anikin wouldn't of ever become Darth Vader but Palpatine still might of made the empire.....................some how.

Darth Travizzle
I have to back up your friends ideas.

matreid
If Qui Gon didnt die, he would have failed in training Anakin aswell. Anakin is a nutcase. Wah wah! i had a dream about my wife dieing so now im going to kill countless numbers of people, including younglings. Oops I accidentally killed her! Oh well, lets go create an evil empire and kill more people for no good reason.

CCiafardini54
there are so many things that would have to be factored in from the time qui gon died to when anakin became vader that it isnt possible to conclude what anakin would have become.

Gryn Jabar
I would imagine that Anakin would never have fallen. Qui-Gon was more flexible, and more experianced than Kenobi, who truth be told, did more against the republic then for it.

PVS
what if anakin was gay?

what if palpatine was a peace loving hippie?

what if luke accidentally stabbed ben in the face when he first ignighted his fathers lightsaber (he came damn close)

what if jabba DID have his way with leia? what would their offspring look like?

what if jarjar was actually luke and leia's father?

what if? what if? what if?

Gryn Jabar
For heaven' s sake if you don't like the thread then don't post.

DarkC
"What if" threads are stupid.

PVS
Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
For heaven' s sake if you don't like the thread then don't post.

who said i didnt like it?
im just curious of all possible "what if's" and dont feel like cluttering the forum.
and if my post was so useless, how is your response any more useful to the topic? roll eyes (sarcastic)

JenR1215
Originally posted by PVS
who said i didnt like it?
im just curious of all possible "what if's" and dont feel like cluttering the forum.
and if my post was so useless, how is your response any more useful to the topic? roll eyes (sarcastic)

What If... George W. Bush bit Lady Liberty??? wink

JenR1215
Come to think of it Qui-Gon didnt actually "die"

SithHappens
All the movies would be alot better IMO. I loved Qui-Gon.

Rockon
qui-gon did die, but he didnt disapper because he wasnt very faithful on the teachings of a jedi.

JenR1215
Originally posted by Rockon
qui-gon did die, but he didnt disapper because he wasnt very faithful on the teachings of a jedi.

WTF are you talking about?..... huh I'm confussed

Qui-Gon was one the most respected Jedis. How was he not "faithful"?

He didnt actually die, he went to the other part of the force, same with Obi-Won in Ep.IV.

Was Obi-Wan not faithful?

Watch Ep.III again and listen to Yoda talking to Obi-Wan at the end of the movie. Bcuz Yoda tells Obi-Wan that he has special training for him.

Rockon
then why didnt Qui-Gon diseapper like Obi-wan and Yoda did. answer that for me.

DeVi| D0do
Qui Gon wasn't faithful to the Jedi teachings... which is why he was able to retain his identity.

The Jedi were wrong, Qui Gon was right.

Rockon
How were the jedi wrong!!!

JenR1215
I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOO CONFUSED!!!!

What was that crap at the end of Ep.III with Yoda tell Obi-Wan about his new training?

I think i blew a fuse box.

JenR1215
Originally posted by Rockon
then why didnt Qui-Gon diseapper like Obi-wan and Yoda did. answer that for me.

B/c OBI-WAN KICKS ASS!!

DeVi| D0do
*sigh*

Were you people even paying attention while you were watching the movies?

JenR1215
due i've watch the movies over a hundred time (literaly) What part did it say or what movie did they say it in, so i can watch it.

All i want is an answer. cuz im confused as f---.

DeVi| D0do
It isn't spelled out in one scene...

I don't feel like explaining it again... Here, read this thread starting with my first post: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f38/t345091.html Lazerlike knows what he's talking about...

Extra for experts: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=345772&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.