why'd anakin have to die?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ryamathart
why did anakin Solo have to die, i just got done reading edge of victory 1 and before that i had already read dark journey and i can say that anakin was a much more interesting person than either of his siblings.

LanceWindu
Anakin was one of my favorite characters too. But we have to let the authors use their own creativeness. He's dead.

I think that if they should have killed any of the Solo kids it should have been Jacen instead. But we have to live with the decision that was made.

Ushgarak
I get the feeling I would kill all of them...

LanceWindu
HaHa

Why is that you murderer?

Ushgarak
Well, I haven't read the NJO, but their early development in the EU was certainly enough to turn me against them. If they ever hire me to write an NJO book, they are ALL becoming one with the Force...

LanceWindu
What is wrong with them?

You probably never read the YJK. But in that series they really let you get to know the characters better.

Julie
Wow, Ush is pretty dead set against the Solo children. Why did Anakin have to die...hmmm....because the galaxy is at war and nobody is safe in the fight of good vs. evil.
Anakin was young, bright, strong in the force, and loved by those around him....this makes his death extra sad and more of an emotional minefield that the NJO authors can play with....

Ushgarak
Wasn't well loved by me...

They really should give Luke a son and kill HIM. Probably a good pay-off if Luke has to do it.

Julie
What's with killing off everyone's kid????

Ushgarak
As soon as they become heroes AS children, they lose the right to live in Ushville.

Julie
eek! You don't like heros????

LanceWindu
He means hero's as children.

Just wait for young Ben Skywalker to grow up and become a Jedi Knight. It would be awesome if he became the next Darth Vader and kills off Luke. But not until Luke is really old and slow though. Otherwise it would suck.

Julie
eek! what happened to the nice .....kind family people????
Why couldn't young Ben just grow up to be wise and good and just?

LanceWindu
Because we need the Sith to reemerge to start a new exciting series later on. And who better to do that then one of the grandson's of Darth Vader?

Volundro Ramm
I'm with that Ush dude, kill the Solo kids(whats left of them, they all wack), come to think of it kill of all the jedi, the whole lot of them apart from Luke and maybe his son. Then eventually have Luke die of a heart attack in his mid 70s finding out that his son Ben has turned to the darkside(sweet).

LanceWindu
Stupid idea. That really sucks. It must have taken you a whole 2 seconds to come up with that one.

Ushgarak
Look Skywalker children lead crappy lives. That's the way it is for that family. Death is a blessing to them.

Julie
hahaha....you're saying that being a hero admired by the whole galaxy is a curse?????

Ushgarak
I'm saying that NO Skywalker should have an easy life.

Julie
oh...ok....well from a certain pov nobody has an easy life...but I do see your point....yes no skywalker should have an easy life...

Ushgarak
And there is no way the Solo kids should have become so powerful so fast. It's not as if Anakin was meant to be spawning a new race of super-Jedi.

LanceWindu
Well since he was so powerful in the Force you have to suspect that it can pass on from generation to generation.

Ushgarak
Didn't show in Leia, did it? Like I say, the idea is not that the whole Skywalker line will be these super-force people. It would just be silly.

Volundro Ramm
Ush has hit the nail on the head with his previous statements. "How come the whole galaxy revolves around the Skywalker family?" I know they are the basis for the Star Wars saga, but after god knows how many years i think maybe they've run there course. Fresh blood is needed, and i don't mean the spawn of Skywalker/Solo either, i mean proper fresh blood. I've said it before, theres way to many jedi running around at this point in the NJO book series, which makes the characters a bit flat. I miss the off the cuff comedy and wrecklessness of Han Solo and non force sensitive beings. Face it, you just don't get that with jedi. Everything is done with a straight face, everything is measured, nothing done on the spur off the moment. I love the NJO series, but i'm becoming a bit disolutioned with it all, Jedi this, jedi that, i'm beginning to pull my hair out....And so, a message to Del Rey:-"Stop breeding jedi's like gremlins, and give us something more substantial and down to earth to believe in." Now can i can i get an amen!"

Volundro Ramm
Oh by the way, it took about 1.2 seconds to come up with.

LanceWindu
Ok you're not making any sense. You don't like all of the Jedi in the NJO? You say they are straight faced? I don't think so. There are more Jedi in AOTC then in the entire NJO. ALso these Jedi are more relaxed. Any Old Republic Jedi was boring pretty much because they were predictable in the whole fighting for justice area. But the new Jedi have more spur of the moment ideas and some are even falling and turning to the dark-side. More so than in the movies. If you like the movies then you should like the NJO series because they expand on the whole idea of an order of Jedi like what you see in Coruscant.

You just make no sense.

Ushgarak
The NJO Jedi appear to be rubbish...

I LIKE my Jedi serious, actually.

LanceWindu
Don't get me wrong I like 'em serious too. But the NJO have more humor in them.

Ushgarak
Humour would appear to lead to the Dark Side then...

LanceWindu
Maybe, that's probably why they can't focus as much. Or maybe it is lack of training by the new master's who are barely Jedi Knights themselves.

Julie
well, it good to see that Vol hasn't lost the negative opinions we missed so much wink ...makes the threads interesting smile

LanceWindu
Yeah because all we ever do is agree, we always need someone here to disagree with us.

Ushgarak
I can do that...

yerssot
there's a surprise

Julie
uah, you can fill in whenever we don't have Vol around 'k?

Ushgarak
No I can't!

Julie
sad why not???????

Ushgarak
(I was disagreeing with you, Julie...)

LanceWindu
HaHa. He got you there.

Julie
Yeah I guess he did.....did I ever mention that I'm fairly gullible?
Nice job Ush.

LanceWindu
You're gullable?

Hey Julie you have something on your shirt.

Ushgarak
(Waits with chainsaw to hit Julie with when she looks)

Humour with a hardcore edge, this is...

Julie
*almost looks down*
wow, I've never been threatened with a chainsaw before wink

Scary thought roll eyes (sarcastic)

LanceWindu
Just to let you know I hired Ush to do that. wink

Ushgarak
It was only a rubber chainsaw.

Julie
That's a relief, thanks Ush it's good to know wink

Ushgarak
It's for cutting up rubber plants.

Julie
oh I see...you know this conversation reminds me of a Simpsons episode where they get kidnapped by aliens...."how to cook for humans".....how to cook forty humans...a very funny episode smile

Ushgarak
How to cook FOR forty humans...

Julie
roll eyes (sarcastic) sorry....picky picky wink

LanceWindu
I've never seen that episode. I don't think at least.

Julie
eek! well...I saw it a long time ago, and I don't really watch the simpsons much any more so I really can't blame you wink

LanceWindu
I like the Simpson's it's just that I haven't seen 'em all yet.

Julie
oh I think they're on every day.....

LanceWindu
Twice a day actually. Except for Saturday where they don't show it at all and Sunday they only show it once.

Julie
Yeah, but Sunday's episodes are all new ones ....right?

LanceWindu
Usually, sometimes they show some older ones.

Julie
hmmm...I can't confirm or deny that b/c I don't watch it enough

LanceWindu
I can confirm it though. Like during the off season the don't show new ones. But the re-runs are almost always the newer ones that you might have missed during the last season.

Julie
oh.....you mean in the summer....too bad I don't watch too much tv...then I'd have seen many more Simpson's episodes...it is a very funny show wink

LanceWindu
Yeah just get ToMacco started and he will go on for hours about it.

Julie
I didn't know he was that into the Simpsons...I have a couple of friends at school who really like the show

LanceWindu
How could you not know that? Just look at his sig.

Plus his name is derived off of the show.

Julie
true,..I sort of remember it.....that was a good episode. I also remember one episode when Mulder and Scully were on it

LanceWindu
So was Leonard Nemoy.

Julie
ummm forgive the lack of knowledge, but was he in Star trek?

LanceWindu
Yup, he was Mr. Spock

Julie
I see....as I said...I rarely watched that show...most of the Star Trek episodes I've seen are Voyager....

BTTS: poor Anakin sad

LanceWindu
Yeah, I am still wondering if they'll do a back story on him before the Vong wars. But after the YJK.

Julie
I'm not sure, but it sure would be interesting......something where he's around the age Jacen and Jaina were in YJK

sad finti cracking down.....oh well wink

LanceWindu
We needed to get back on topic anyways.

Julie
Is there much more to say?.....anakin's gone and ther's nothing we can do about it

LanceWindu
He can be back though.

Just in prequel books to the NJO.

Jedi Mercenary
He actually did have a sereis of his own, Junior Jedi Knights, the much lesser known cousin of the YJK series, Tahiri is introduced in this series.

yerssot
well, he finally checked a thread big grin

aaaaaaaaaaaanyway... Anakin is also in the correlian trilogy, but he's only a young boy there

LanceWindu
Well we're talking about having him come back in a couple years in some new books, but they would be set before he died.

BTW we already know about the Junior Jedi Knights.

And the Correlian trilogy was nice for them to be in, but Anakin was so little he was unbelieveable as a mechanic. I mean he was only like 5 or 6 years old.

Ushgarak
Anger... rising...

LanceWindu
About the whole young mechanic thing?

Ushgarak
Yup

LanceWindu
Well if you think in the NJO he doesn't really do the mechanic thing much.

Julie
I think a inbetween series about Anakin Solo would be good.....they wouldn't even have to emphasize his mechanics skills wink

LanceWindu
laughing out loud

But would it be about the rest of his training and training alongside Jaina, Jacen and the rest of the gang?

Julie
That's not a bad idea....they should do a few stories about the Solo children and their friends on some of their early missions......sort of right before they become Jedi Knights or just after their "graduation" from the Jedi Academy...I know there is a short story about Jaina just after graduation, though I've never read it, Not YJK....but something very like it.....

Jedi Mercenary
We never actually saw Anakin's REAL training, I want to see how he made his lightsaber, who trained him and whatnot.

LanceWindu
So do I. Anakin Solo is an intriguing character. But the only books we've seen him in are just small roles for him or just little kiddie books. Then when he finally shows up in a good series they kill him off.

Jedi Mercenary
Rat Bastards!! They gotta bring him back, somehow!!

LanceWindu
Even if they have to make him a few years younger again.

Jedi Mercenary
Use some kind of cloning device!!!

LanceWindu
You see, that's what I said they should do! I said it like days after I finally got the chance to read SBS.

Jedi Mercenary
What's up with these writers?? Stop killing good characters!! I've completely stopped reading them now that Anakin's dead.

LanceWindu
They're still good books, but they need to stop getting rid of the good ones. I mean I wouldn't care much if they killed of Raynar.

Jedi Mercenary
Kill him!! Dammit! Raynar must die!!

Now let's see..... I would like to see Anakin go on training missions with Ikrit...like Luke did with Yoda.

LanceWindu
That would be cool.

Whatever happened to Raynar? I know that two Dark-Jedi took him with them in a ship. Has he even been mentioned in the last couple of books?

Jedi Mercenary
Well, his father dissapeared, he fell in love, and that's it.

LanceWindu
So he was mentioned in Rebel Dream???

yerssot
don't count on the disappearing too much in the movies, this is EU afterall

Jedi Mercenary
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT YERSSOT???!! This has nothing to do with the movies!!!!

LanceWindu
Uhh yerss, we're talking about the NJO!

Jedi Mercenary
This is Han and Leia's son Anakin, not Vader.

LanceWindu
Yeah yerss. Proof read the other posts. It clearly states Anakin Solo several times.

Jedi Mercenary
Well, back to the discussion, Anakin had an X-wing, how did he get that???

They should make a book and comic series about him.

LanceWindu
I know, they never explained how he got his X-Wing or his droid Fiver (I think it is).

Jedi Mercenary
Yeah, Fiver was a bad mamma-jamma.

LanceWindu
Kinda reminded me of Artoo, except Fiver wasn't as funny.

Jedi Mercenary
Was Fiver an R2 or R7 unit??

LanceWindu
I believe he was an R7

Jedi Mercenary
What do R7's look like?? They only had R2 and R5's in the OT.

LanceWindu
I'm sure they look pretty much like the R2's and R5's, just with more upgrades. Like repulsor coils and some more gadgets in the dome.

Jedi Mercenary
R5's had Cylindrical heads though.

LanceWindu
Maybe there's a little mix between the two then.

Like a cylindrical head that is domed on top.

Jedi Mercenary
Hmmm....yes I can picture that, it looks like an R2 unit with a really big neck.

LanceWindu
laughing out loud Pretty much.

Jedi Mercenary
Maybe it says in the guide to the SWU what they look like

Jedi Mercenary
It says they were specifically designed to interface with the E-wing fighters.

Julie
thanks.....errr how did we get from Anakin to droids?

LanceWindu
We started talking about Anakins droid Fiver and it went from there.

Julie
Oh ic...tangents are so easy to get on.......

Jedi Mercenary
Agreed.

Julie
So have we exhausted this train of thought or is there some more profound information to be had!!!!!!!!!!!!!....anyone????

LanceWindu
I think that maybe the whole Anakin dying thing has run it's course. But if any news comes up down the road we can either ressurect this thread or open a new one.

Julie
'k for awhile there I thought that once a thread no longer appeared on my screen it was gone forever

LanceWindu
No, you just have your setting set to where you probably only see stuff that's fairly new. I have mine to where I see them from the beginning of the forums.

Julie
ohh...I didn't really set mine...I just go with the default stuff....

LanceWindu
Default is 30 I believe. I can't really remember because it's been a year since I had to do that.

Julie
I never really bothered to count

LanceWindu
I'm going to change mine to something different. I really don't need all of those threads.

Julie
I believe changing things would just make my life a bit more confusing so I'll leave all of the setting where they are

LanceWindu
I think the less that the comp has to load the faster it will go though.

Julie
faster is good.....I like fast when it comes to computers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.