How can I block a site??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IceWithin
hey guys, I use FireFox, and I'd like to know how can I block a site??
thanks

LanİeWindu™
Not go to it. erm

IceWithin
lol I know, but there's another person that uses my pc only to go to one site, if I block it she wont use m,y PC anymore

LanİeWindu™
Password protect your PC. Come up with something completely off the wall for your password like:

ilove12barbies
rocksare4fools
tinkywinkyisl33t

IceWithin
well yeah.. but I dont want to seem like I dont want her to use the PC... u know I want her to think that here in china there's like a firewall for that site or something... u know?

IceWithin
er.. guys?? I really need to know stick out tongue

Clovie
that's mean. nono

even i knew (and i don't) i wouldn't tell you.

LanİeWindu™
Either way she's gonna find out that you don't want her using your computer.

Anyways....try thisbig grinansGuardian.Org

Storm
Just tell her you don' t want her to use your computer. Period.

The Ones
shoot her erm

IceWithin

Reborn Again
Right click Internet Properties. Click the tab Security. Click Restricted Sites. Click on the button Sites. Add the site you want restricted. Simple actually!

IceWithin
right click where??

Clovie
IE i guess erm

IceWithin
yes but I explained I uise FF

Reborn Again
Right click your Internet provider icon and then follow the instructions I've provided.

IceWithin
FCUK!! it's in chinese... not pingying and I only understand pingyin... so Im screwed... thanks anyways m8

PS: For those of u who are "WTF" I'm an immigrant here in China, and my computer is in chinese roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
get a friend to translate ... you do have friends, right? stick out tongue

Reborn Again
It can still be done. I'll post a possible solution tonight.

Reborn Again
Ice Within,

Most all internet set-ups are virtually the same. But I recommend you try and alter the language settings to English and convert the security settings that way. I'm not sure how your friend has his computer set up so try searching through the Control Panel for the language settings.

IceWithin
Originally posted by yerssot
get a friend to translate ... you do have friends, right? stick out tongue

do u want me to kick ure arse?

Originally posted by Reborn Again
Ice Within,

Most all internet set-ups are virtually the same. But I recommend you try and alter the language settings to English and convert the security settings that way. I'm not sure how your friend has his computer set up so try searching through the Control Panel for the language settings.

no no, the windows XP in my PC is in chinese, I downloaded firefox in english and everythin's in english but when I write click the FireFox icon is in chinese

Reborn Again
Simple then, just reinstall it. And the default setting will return to English.

IceWithin
but it takes SOOO long!! sad

Clovie
re-installing Firefox? whole 5 minuts messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.