obiwan is lazy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Uber_God
I had a look at how obiwan died
how lazy was he when fighting

you see 800 year old yoda in ep 2 workin his ass off to beat dooku and in ep 4 you see obiwan doing bugger all

Darth_Janus
Uh, he wasn't trying to win. I thought that was obvious.

Uber_God
really you dont say stick out tongue
but you think he would have atleast tried to take down the sith lord

Darth_Janus
Well, he was fully convinced that Anakin was the child of the prophecy and could not be defeated by him, I suppose. In any case, Jedi believe in redemption, and an aged Obi Wan would have favoured this approach moreso than in say, ROTS.

Uber_God
but unless you go to the galaxy far far away or atleast the film studio that GL is working at to ask him you wont know stick out tongue

yerssot
errr... being like 80, a human isn't capable of doing fancy footwork compared to a little green creature that still has a 100 years to live

Uber_God
yoda used the force to live

Darth_Janus
And you know this how?

ArthasKnight
Look, Obi-Wan knew that if he killed Anakin then Sidious would never be destroyed. You know, the Prophecy? He let Anakin kill him so that he could come back as a ghost and then he could get Luke to learn from a better teacher. He wasn't trying to beat Anakin.

Antillies
well it is like they say in the profecie that Anakin will bring the force back into balance maybee obi wan knew this and didnt try to kill him.

Uber_God
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
And you know this how?

you know im wrong, how?

Antillies
well its just a guess but i think qui gon might could have told him that earlier and also master windu did tell him that (If the profercy is true your padawan is the one that can bring the force back to balance)
and so he does in (ROTJ)

Darth Subjekt
this is quite possibly the dumbest f*cking thread ive seen in awhile. Ep4 OB1 is an old man....Ep2 Yoda was CGI....plain and simple. Thats all there is too it. They didnt have the technology to use a body double and then digitally mask Alec's face on there. Theres something called common sense. I suggest you go to the store and buy some.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Theres something called common sense. I suggest you go to the store and buy some.

You can buy it? WHERE!? eek!

Darth Subjekt
Its in the meds isle between ex-lax and womens Midol. stick out tongue

ArthasKnight
That was harsh, Subjekt.

Uber_God
yes well i dont give a shit about cgi now do i?

Darth Subjekt
well i dont give a shit whether you give a shit or not, bow do i? But whether you like it or not, thats the way it is. Too bad youre not in charge of the movies huh? I bet you would make them better than GL EVER could. Ill tell you what....if you can go back to the 70's and figure out how to make an old man who is an actor, not an athlete, move around like a 2002 CGI character, than i will whole heartedly apologize and retract my previous statement, ok?

Oh, by the way....THANKS ArthasKnight! Its nice to be appreciated. stick out tongue stick out tongue

Darth Subjekt
oh yea.....how the hell would i know if you give a shit about CGI? And what the hell does you giving a shit about it have to do with the fact that thats precisely why its like that?

Uber_God
Well i just did say i dont give a shit about cgi didnt i?

The solution - hire a more athletic or younger actor

===================================

Alec Guiness - Born 1914 making him 63 during star wars 4
Christopher lee - Born 1925 making him 57 during star wars 2

Very close and christopher lee seemed to do a damn lot better at fighting.

Bardock42
well compare the fighting

of yoda to Count Dookus
and that of Obi Wan to Darth Vaders

you could say darth vader is a lazy ass all the same.

Uber_God
i will
vader was lazy also

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Uber_God

Alec Guiness - Born 1914 making him 63 during star wars 4
Christopher lee - Born 1925 making him 57 during star wars 2

Very close and christopher lee seemed to do a damn lot better at fighting.

you're an idiot.....Christopher Lee was born May 27, 1922, making him 80, but had he been born in 1925, he still would have been 77. How the hell did you get 57 out of that? See thats whats wrong with todays educational system....they don't TEACH kids. And Christopher Lee ONLY did the CLOSE-UPS. Thats not him dancing around fighting like a young guy. That is actually a younger actor who they digitally dubbed C.Lee's face onto....so no, CL did NOT do better, the wonderful people at ILM did a good job. I mean, it fooled you...which judging by your math, isn't that hard to do...

Uber_God
wtf
your right
how the hell did i end up at 57???
man im a dumbass

Darth Subjekt
big grin

Darth_Janus
...Right.

And yeah, if you happened to know what they used to make sabers back then, you might be more understanding of the rather blaise style in which they fought.

The prequels use actual replica saber handles, with something like a thin green or blue rod on the end, for balance. When Obi Wan and Darth Vader fought in the Death Star in Episode IV, each was wielding rather wooden sticks with two reflective sides which were pretty easy to break. There was a device attached to the handles that would make the reflective sides spin, thus reflecting the stage lights and giving an illusion there, which could be later doctored up to look all purdy. Now, that being said, we can kinda see why Obi Wan and Darth didn't hack at each other like two crackheads fighting for the last pipe, can't we?

Uber_God
what about episode v?

Darth_Janus
What about it?

Uber_God
nvm
i dont remember

ellehcim_belle
he didn't try hard 2 defend himself because he wanted darth 2 strike him down so he could join the force.

kanis
alien Its not the actors or the characters fault, Lucas diden't have special effects to show a more greater display of lightsabre fighting in a ANH and in EPS plus coulden't really move that well in the corridor that they were in.

Darth Subjekt
kinda what i was saying all along huh?

Darth Subjekt
BUt dont get it twisted....i HATE OB1, i wish he would die a slow painful death...im just defending Alec....big grin

Darth_Nefarus
How could you hate Obi-Wan? He's got it the roughest, argueably.

Darth_Janus
Yeah, Obi Wan is the man.

Obi-OneManShow
http://img196.exs.cx/img196/9763/word3dd.jpg

Darth_Janus
Word... lmao... You're the man!

Darth_Nefarus
I second that, lol

Darth Subjekt
cause almost everything out of his mouth is a lie or a condecending remark. He is selfish and doesnt treat people how he wants to be treated. The ONLY reason he trained Ani was because he HAD to out of a promise to QGJ. If you HAVE to do something, ar eyou gonna do your best? NO. I just think he needs to die earlier than he did. Maul should have finished him off. And how does he have it the roughest? Id say that title belongs to Anakin.

kanis
alien They should of killed anakin while they had the chance

Darth_Janus
Obi Wan was a teacher and honestly a very good one. Anakin was just trouble material. He may have resented Obi Wan for the condescending remarks and for being "held back", but Annie has a prodigy's complex. He think's he's good enough to do whatever simply because he can, and he lacks the wisdom that should accompany such power. He is, in essence, unchecked power.

And Obi Wan was, for a time, that check. It was when the counsel separated them that Anakin got that added push towards the dark side. And it was really a choice, for Annie, between his old mentor who he believed he was better than and who seemed overly harsh, and the senator Palpatine, who was nice as pie and adding that already considerable ego. What Anakin needed was a sense of humility, because he was not fit to ever be a Jedi until he had that sense. Obi Wan knew this, and I think he did a good job considering the circumstances.

kanis
alien Yeah but the truth is anakin is better than obi wan and all those times he has said that he will become a powerful jedi and obi wan putting him down and now that he has like I've seen in the clone wars cartoons and they are unaware of what a danger he is.

Darth_Janus
Anakin was stronger in the Force than Obi Wan, but he was not a better Jedi. Keep in mind that a Jedi is a follower of an ideal, a code. A force-user is not neccessarily a Jedi.

kanis
alien Anakin is now a jedi knight and has earned the respect of the council and obi wan who are unaware he is being manipulated by the chancellor palpitine who knows that Anakin can be turned to the darkside, and that I think is why he is stage kidnapped by grievious, so that anakin will kill dooku and further his increase on anakin.

Darth_Nefarus
A. Mace Windu is aware
B. Obi-Wan is still a better Jedi, which is why he's a Master
C. Everything Palpatine does in the PT is a set up for Anakin, he knows his potential and that he can kill everyone off for him.

kanis
alien How does mace windu know that the chancellor is really the dark lord of the sith.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.