The Running of the Nudes! Are you going?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
No bull: animal rights group to stage 'running of the nudes'

Tue Mar 22,10:39 AM ET

MADRID (AFP) - The annual "running of the bulls" in the northern Spanish town of Pamplona could get some serious competition this year, in the form of a rival run by naked humans protesting cruelty to animals.

The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) group, which has protested against the event in the past, even announced that it was asking the town authorities to replace the traditional bull-chase with its "running of the nudes."

The nine-day San Fermin festival, due to start on July 6, traditionally involves hundreds of runners, including many tourists, trying to outrace a herd of bulls, who chase them throught the town's narrow streets in a tradition that goes back centuries.

But PETA, which last year unleashed several protesters wearing nothing but fake horns and sandals into the streets of Pamplona, said it wants to turn the 'Running of the Nudes' into the official event this year to protest cruelty against animals.

The group is also concerned about last year's outbreak of blue tongue disease, a virus which forced restrictions on livestock movements in southern regions of Spain.

"In light of the outbreak of blue tongue disease and the negative press reports of the disease... we have asked the mayor to make PETA's Running of the Nudes' the official event this year, PETA's campaigns coordinator Yvonne Taylor told AFP.

A spokeswoman for Pamplona mayor Yolanda Barcina Angulo would not comment on PETA's plans, but said that: "as far as we know the bull-running will go ahead as usual" in the absence of advice to the contrary following the blue tongue outbreak.

"People are free to express their own opinion. But the criticism only comes from Britons and Americans, not Spaniards," she sniffed.

PETA tried a celebrity approach last year, with Chrissie Hynde (news), singer with rock group The Pretenders, urging an end to the "medieval" practice of "tormenting and slaughtering" the bulls, who last year gored 16 race participants.

Amid the controversy the organisers promise only that "the running of the bulls is an unforgettable experience for the spectator and above all for anyone who runs ahead of the bulls.

"It's a spectacle defined by risk and one's physical capacity."

The event has resulted in the deaths of 14 spectators, and of an unknown number of bulls, since records began in 1911.

SlipknoT
hmmm, sounds fun

Jedi Priestess
laughing Slip I should have known you'd be first to post in this thread. laughing out loud

SlipknoT
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
laughing Slip I should have known you'd be first to post in this thread. laughing out loud laughing well most of the night crew isnt here tonight

gls
hey i'm here!

Imperial_Samura
I will do a sympathy run to support (being I will be fully clothed)

BackFire
God damn it, I hate PETA

SlipknoT
I bet it would be easy to get some pussy there

Imperial_Samura
Dare I ask which sort?

DarkAge
I wonder if Pamela Anderson will participate.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by BackFire
God damn it, I hate PETA

Ah but you LOVE nudes. eek!

BackFire
Only if they're hot, and most people in PETA are fugly buttholes.

KharmaDog
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) group, which has protested against the event in the past, even announced that it was asking the town authorities to replace the traditional bull-chase with its "running of the nudes."

I actually have to laugh at the ignorance (or arrogance) of the fools at peta for actually proposing this. Whether I agree with it or not, the running of the bulls has been a proud tradition to these people for hundreds of years and to propose replacing the bulls with naked idiots is an insult to both the Spaniards and the bulls.

This is nothing more than an opportunity for peta to try and get their name in the news again. I wonder if any of their membership shakes their heads when they see something as idiotic as this, or if they are all so brain washed that it makes a load of sense to them?

sk8stuff09
i'll bring some binoculars....

debbiejo
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Dare I ask which sort?

laughing

Funny one

Ou Be Low hoo
Being naked is great. I'm naked right now...Ahhh...The fresh air on my balls is like the smell of coffee in the morning. I love it. Anyone who hasn't been skinny-dipping should do so right now.

Capt_Fantastic
Naked people are fun.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
Being naked is great. I'm naked right now...Ahhh...The fresh air on my balls is like the smell of coffee in the morning. I love it. Anyone who hasn't been skinny-dipping should do so right now.

Being naked is fun. I used to go skinny dipping with the guys from the old neighborhood. The only problem came from the girl that insisted on being there. I didn't care. But others did. They were much less concerned in private.

Ou Be Low hoo
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Naked people are fun.

I would like to add to your declaration, if you will...

'Naked people are fun', but naked girls are funner.

- I'm not into sausage parties, but one time I was staying at a beach resort with a bunch of friends - ladies and gentlemen. We drank more than a little vodka and most of the girls passed-out...Then about 2am, me and 2 mates decided to go to the beach for a little dip. We proceeded to remove our outer layers and roll around naked in the sand before racing into the ocean. We were 24 years old at the time.

Good times...Actually, pretty much all of the best times of my life have involved nakedness.

Don't delay, strip today!

Miss_Faye
OoOOooOOo

DarkAge
Originally posted by KharmaDog
I actually have to laugh at the ignorance (or arrogance) of the fools at peta for actually proposing this. Whether I agree with it or not, the running of the bulls has been a proud tradition to these people for hundreds of years and to propose replacing the bulls with naked idiots is an insult to both the Spaniards and the bulls.

This is nothing more than an opportunity for peta to try and get their name in the news again. I wonder if any of their membership shakes their heads when they see something as idiotic as this, or if they are all so brain washed that it makes a load of sense to them?

You talk about ignorance. Do you have any idea of the abuse these bulls are sometimes put through? I've seen footage where they have been set on fire and shot with arrows at this event. Maybe you should make sure you know what you're talking about before you start spouting crap.

SlipknoT
Originally posted by DarkAge
I wonder if Pamela Anderson will participate. drool

Reckoning
You talk about ignorance. Do you have any idea of the abuse these bulls are sometimes put through? I've seen footage where they have been set on fire and shot with arrows at this event. Maybe you should make sure you know what you're talking about before you start spouting crap.
Agreed. Especially since the person didn't even research about the history of the Running of the Nudes, where last year, animal rights protesters dressed up as bulls to parodise the cruel event; and considering it created such a stir, PETA decided to make it annual to counter the Running of the Bulls.

Everyone always uses tradition as a crux. We're not sacrificing virgins though.

Jackie Malfoy
Nope.JM

KharmaDog

What are trying to say? If you read my post I did not say that I supported the running of the bulls. I am also aware of what goes on there during that event. However, that doesn't change my mind of PETA nor my opinion of their approach to this event. Maybe before you accuse someone of "not knowing what they are talking about before they start spouting crap" you should read the post that you are responding to and make an intelligent response.

Originally posted by Reckoning
Agreed. Especially since the person didn't even research about the history of the Running of the Nudes, where last year, animal rights protesters dressed up as bulls to parodise the cruel event; and considering it created such a stir, PETA decided to make it annual to counter the Running of the Bulls.

Everyone always uses . We're not sacrificing virgins though.

What are you agreeing to? And how do you know what I have or have not researched? I am not using " tradition as a crux", I am stating that PETA's proposal to replace the running of the bulls with the running of the nudes is not an actual proposal as much as it is making a mockery of a country and town's tradition and a chance to get their name in the news. By running their event PETA just served to straighten the backs of the people in Pamplona on this issue.

Lemonade Whiz
I hope Michael Jackson does not run in this competition. He'll bring the Lost Boys with him sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.