Dr. Doom vs. Iron Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

norrin radd

wolverine8888
iron man my bet he a better fighter and his suit seem to be better

MaverickIce
Dr.Doom

Maelstrom
In issue 170 or so of the X-men Doom has them captured and Storm is being treated to his mannor, he tells Storm "I have forgotten more about war than you will ever know." Stark is intelligent as an entrapauner but Doom is hungry. He has the value to discard things of importance once he is through with them. I think Doom could take down Stark. He's smart enough to listen.

norrin radd
i think that iron man armor has more fire power, but doom has so many technology and he has a lot of tricks, i say doom wins.

tkitna
Easy, Doom wins the battle, but Iron Man wins the war. Why,,,because Iron Man is the good guy and we all know that the good guys win in the comics.

Jason420
I say DD

ScarletSpider
Dr. Doom would win. He's the ultimate planner, he would have everything figured out ahead of time. He also has his new magic power crap, which would level the playing field a bit in terms of fire power, IMO.

Wynndar
Iron man is in no way on the same level as Doctor Doom....come one...more firepower?....Doom has had armor that has made him a cosmic being, possessing the power of the Silver Surfer, Galactus!!!, and yes, even the Beyonder...Iron man isnt even the best Avenger...He's a good business man but not nearly as intelligent or deadly as Doom.

Viper
Dr. Doom

X-Menfan2003
Dr. Doom is willing to kill, while Iron Man is not. He is one of the most powerful beings in the universe, and Iron Man would most propably be taken down with ease. Plus, Dr. Doom looks cooler. He doesn't need a lot of different weapons to win, Doom just has his strenght and his skill. Iron-Man would not stand a chance.

Maelstrom
Your very intelligent Wynndar. I believe that every accomplishment or achievement is permanent. Doom having reached that point is a life changeing event. He is the closest to Thanos on the planet earth.

Alpha Centauri
Inspired by my discussion with Never.

Who gets it?

-AC

moshtitan
dr. doom

Manowar
hmm...its a toughie...Iron Man

Victor Von Doom
Dr Doom.

SnakeEyes
Dr. Doom

who?-kid
Dr. Doom wins.

SUPERMANDAMAN
doom

Arachnoidfreak
Doom. Seeing that Ironman has a stornger, more impressive suit, Doom would take the time to make a special armor, made specifically to whoop Ironman's ass.

Never
Only way Doom wins is with prep. At normal warsuit levels (sans prep time) Iron Man wins handily.

VENOMfan
Yeah Doom wins with Prep, Random encounter Ironman.....but...I dont know how often Doom stroll's around looking for fight's......

but if he did Ironman

Alpha Centauri
What is all this "with prep"? I really fail to see how you think he would need it.

To each their own though.

-AC

Manowar
i totally agree with Never! (this is kind of a slam) Doom is one of my favorites, but i can NOT understand why you people think "he is the strongest earthling!"...i cant see him as the strongest earthling at ALL!

Arachnoidfreak
Who said he is the strongest eathling? Most powerful human, most definitly, but NOT strongest earthling.

Doom may need some prep time, but not much, just enough to alter his armor. Ironman's suit is more complex, and that's all Ironman has going for him. He is NOT as good a strategist as Doom, nor does he have any mystical abilities to go along with his armor.

Never
Okay. Are you current on Iron Man and Dr. Doom? If so, it would be quite clear that, in the event Doom went for a stroll to a local 7-11 and bumped into Iron Man, he would be zorched in a bang-'em-up type fight. Could Doom port out if he chose? Indubitably. Yet Iron Man's suit is MUCH superior to Doom's if we are discussing BATTLE designs. I mean...heh, this is CANON. Not my opinion. His suit is faster, maneuvers better, has more power at its disposal - good God.

However, if Doom had time to PREPARE for a battle (not sure why you miss the importance of "prep time." Batman took down Superman and, indirectly, the ENTIRE JLA "with prep." If Batman bumped into Martian Manhunter WITHOUT prep it would be...ugly. WITH prep it is a very VERY good bet that Batman would triumph) I bet on Doom. He is Starks' superior tactically. Um, if he bumped into The Beyonder WITHOUT prep do you REALLY think he would have lived longer than a picosecond? NO. But what did he accomplish WITH prep?

That's what all of this "with prep" is about.

FeceMan
I thought DD was ALWAYS prepared. Like, he could tell the future and could see when he'd need prep time and so had a year of prep time to prepare for the fight that would require prep time or something?

Arachnoidfreak
He can't see the future...wtf? When someone says he is always prepared, that means he goes through plans and strategies everyday to prepare for any situation he might encounter.

He'd probably have some kind of jamming device with him to plant on Ironman's suit anyway.

Never
I agree with the plans and stragegy comments, but Starks' suits are not capable of being jammed and are not susceptible to gravity, heat, cold, acid, or magnetic-based attacks either.

I mean...people are REALLY underestimating Tony Starks' Iron Man suit. It is quite nasty.

Arachnoidfreak
I dunno about that. Anything mechanical CAN be jammed, you just have to know how to do it.

I'm not underestimating Ironman's suit, I even stated that Doom needed prep time to win. check my post before the one you quoted.

Victor Von Doom
Stark's suits are usually susceptible to Hulk's fist. That's when he seems to get banged up.

Never
By the same token, all you have to know how to do is prevent said jamming. Starks is indeed a mechanical genius. My comment regarding people underestimating Iron Man's suit was directed towards those who scoffed at his changes of winning - was not directed towards you.

And Vic, Onslaught's armor was susceptible to Hulk's fist. What is your point? Doom is NOT Hulk.

Arachnoidfreak
Doesn't Ironman have different armors anyway? I know he has a Hulkbuster and a Thorbuster armor at least.

Victor Von Doom
Yeah he has a fair few. Hulkbuster usually gets...busted.

Arachnoidfreak
http://www.republiquelibre.org/cousture/bd/IRNMN4C.HTM

Alpha Centauri
"Yet Iron Man's suit is MUCH superior to Doom's if we are discussing BATTLE designs. I mean...heh, this is CANON. Not my opinion. His suit is faster, maneuvers better, has more power at its disposal - good God."

After reviewing my old Iron-Man, I totally agree on the superior suit count. I have said so.

The reason I'm so against prep time is people tend to use it not in the way you have. People tend to think prep time means going home after agreeing to fight someone and making an etch-a-sketch. If you mean prep time as in devising a plan to beat someone the CALIBRE of Iron-Man, then putting it to work. There for having some kind of pre-devised plan, I agree. But that is all I mean when I say he is read for anything.

-AC

Linkalicious
totally agree with never on this. Suit capabilities are heavily in IM's favor. He's got more fire power, better armor, faster reflexes...probably brighter high beams too. laughing

With some amount of prep time, Doom should be capable of devising a plan to overtake IM.

Alpha Centauri
Does anyone know how many suits Iron-Man has? Out of curiousity.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
I already posted a link to all of them at the top of the page

Wynndar
doom rarely employs super fighting suits...the suit he wore when he took latveria back from Kristoff was pretty sick and would have easily put down iron man in my opinion...or how about the Armor that contained the entire power of a watcher?....that was was also pretty bad ass

Alpha Centauri
The only inaffective Iron-Man armour I remember is indeed the Hulkbuster one. If it's the one from the ultimates that Hulk tears the helmet off of.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Well, I don't think therre is any armor that's gunna stand up to the Hulk. Stark had balls just to challenge him in the first place.

Alpha Centauri
I agree. It's cool though, you look through all those armours and you see his Hulk one. Hahaha, some spaceship.

-AC

norrin radd
WHAT? so when the rest of us say prep time is one thing, but when never says prep time is another, a little unfair i guess. I have used the prep time argument in magneto vs doom fight, the same way you guys are using it here.

Alpha Centauri
Read what I wrote.

"The reason I'm so against prep time is people tend to..."

TEND to. I wasn't saying you all do. The context in which you used prep time led me to believe you meant if Doom arranged to fight then went and planned. Not in the sense of planning it alone and then going to do so. A spontaneous planned fight if you will.

-AC

norrin radd
ok, no prob.

Victor Von Doom
My point is...what I wrote. It was an aside.

Alpha Centauri
Dr.Doom seems to be the popular opinion here.

-AC

manjaro
Unless he has a suit to match Iron Man's, I'd say Doom Loses. If you really think about Stark pretty much corners the market on the battle suit thing. Even though Doom is fully capable of conjuring an equivalent. So at the very least if Stark doesnt win its a draw.

and dont even try to say that doom can out smart him either, cuz he's a freaking geniius

manjaro
personally, i think this whole prep time thing is grossly overrated. if you take a serious look at all the major battles Doom has fought over the years, there really wasnt an agreement between him and his opponents, no"meet after school at 3:00 factor". Granted they havent necessarily been spur of the moment, but he never really has excessive amount of time to plan something.

Man I grow weray of this prep time everyone 's going so crazy over!

Victor Von Doom
Since when did it become suit vs. suit though. NOt even mentioning the fact that Iron Man fights people without suits and loses.

who?-kid
Well, both of the characters are famous for their suits/armors, so it's a bit logical people compare the armors and the weapons they possess.

But you have to search very hard to find a better armor than that of Iron Man. But Doom still might win. In my opinion, they are too equal.

manjaro
besides all the people w/out suits IM ever lost to was superpowered(to my knowledge that is) admittedly im no IM oficiando, but Ive read enuff to know this.

Victor Von Doom
Doom isn't dependant on a suit though, that's my point. Doom isn't Doom because of what his suit can do.

Jargon343
Iron Mans suit isn't really made of iron is it?

Victor Von Doom
I hope not.

I'm sure the relevance of that comment will make itself known in time.

Arachnoidfreak
The original was. Check the site i posted earlier, the very first one was Iron, and then the Golden one came along, and then Stark decided it would be cool to own 50 different armors or whatever.

Alpha Centauri
I think originally Iron-Man was called Iron-Man (or at least Stan mentioned he thought it was a cool term) because "Iron" made the character seem strong. Iron willed and iron determination and etc.

If he kept his iron armour he'd have ended up getting whooped by someone like Hydro-Man.

That's one point I raised earlier. Iron-Man needs his suit to be like its own army because he needs the suit. Doom is still the supreme intellect with or without it.

-AC

manjaro
Stark's intellect is still supreme w/out his armor its just that without it he's not iron Man. and w/ou his armor Doom is Still Doom. since Doom doesnt go around in a super powered armor 24/7 even if he gets one to match I am sure it wouldnt have any capability that IM's doesnt.

Secondly, a fight between the two would have to be one of armors becuase Stark isnt going to run up on Doom armorless, and doom isnt going run up on Iron Man with only his 2-ton lifting armor. unless Doom casts a spell and send IM to hell or something I cant think of what he could do to win. he wouldnt be able to see his eyes to switch bodies and if he fires projectiles from his suit whether its the suit or his magic IM would definatley be able to dodge deflect or absorb them.

oh yeah thats another thing IM can do his suit can absorb all sorts of energy to power up

Wynndar
i dont think ur making a fair assesment of Doom if u think Stark can match wits...he's not even close....not at all...Stark is smart and his suits r pretty sweet...they r good for fighting villains and rescuing people...doom's suits r purely deadly...and its very good defensively...he uses a force field usually rather than allow his suit to take on damage like iron man's...iron man uses repulsor rays...doom uses particle beams and disintegrators capable of vaporizing Thor with one shot...and sometimes he is harnessing the power cosmic, stolen from the surfer, or stolen from a watcher....Iron Man is wa out of his league....i dont think he would stand a chance against Doom's brain or his suits

Arachnoidfreak
Thought this might be helpfull

http://iron-works.tripod.com/image_page/comparisonchart.JPG

Arachnoidfreak
damn, that doesnt show up... go to "old comparison chart" http://iron-works.tripod.com/image_page/imagelist.html

Alpha Centauri
I really like Iron-Man. Just don't think he can match Doom although his suits are superior OVERALL.

-AC

§nakehead
Iron man

GreatMuta
I believe that Doom gets the win. Doom may not have 1,000 different armors like stark but Dooms armor is "likely" just as strong. Besides Doom would most likely send one of his Doombots in his place and analyze Ironmans energy and fight patterns. Just when Stark puts the k.o. on the doombot ol' Victor swoops down and hands tony his a$$. Let's not forget Doom is pretty good at Magic something Stark knows nothing about.

Now if they just happend to meet outside of the local Walmart, then Tony could have his way with Doom in a straight fair fight (stark has more fighting experience).

And if all else fails .......Doom can always offer up some of that fine Lataverian Ale !! we all know that is Starks "real weakness" heh heh

Alpha Centauri
I think I actually heard a traditional "sorta bad joke" drum clash with that last line Muta.

-AC

GreatMuta
ehh, It happens wink

SUPERMANDAMAN
With prep time of course doom without iron man just because his suit has more weapons and not to mention iron man is use to fighting magical villains so that aint going to help doom out to much.

Victor Von Doom
It's laughable to claim Iron Man could beat Doom.

Alpha Centauri
The only thing I believe is superior about Iron-Man is his suits. He seems to have that area covered but then again he has one for every occasion. Doom survived with one.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
So what though, Iron man has suits superior to anyone else.

Doom would whoop him.

morbius
dr. doom wins

ska57

Arachnoidfreak
Dr. Doom is in NO way out-classed. Why? Because he CAN create all of which you just mentioned. You underestimate Doom. Given a chance encounter walking down the sidewalk, Ironman would take the win after a grueling battle. If Doom woke up that morning and said "You know, I have a feeling that I'll be seeing the Avengers today, I'll get myself ready just in case" and PREPARED for this encounter, Stark is going down like a dead pigeon.

ska57
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Dr. Doom is in NO way out-classed. Why? Because he CAN create all of which you just mentioned.

laughing Then why doesn't he do it? Stark's armor is fully prepared ALL THE TIME and could take out Doom any time, anywhere. stick out tongue

Arachnoidfreak
He doesn't do it because he doesn't NEED to. Ironman NEEDS his armor to be where he is(without the Iron, what is he? simply Man), Doom's armor merely covers his scarred face, and has done many great things while barely using it.

Ironman's armor is prepared because it HAS to be, Doom's armor is the way it is because it is convienient for him. If anyone is out-clased, it's Ironman.

Trying to taunt me with smilies only makes you look worse.

ska57
"Ironman NEEDS his armor to be where he is(without what is he? simply Man)"

Well, Doom without HIS armor is dead, that's lower than MAN. Happy Dance

Arachnoidfreak
How the hell did you come to that conclusion??

ska57
His armor keeps him alive Sherlock!

Arachnoidfreak
He really doesn't need his armor to keep him alive. He isn't Darth Vader.

You are seriously underestimating Doom, the man that defeated Galactus AND nearly the Beyonder, tricked Mephisto, AND rules over his own country. What's Ironman done? Made a few dozen armors and kept a business running, and became a severe alcoholic. Wow, impressive...

That taunting really is childish, but it does show your maturity. What are you, 12?

ska57
You must be 11 if you think that Dr. Doom could defeat Iron Man. Here's a list of what Tony Stark has invented:
Louisville-Slugger-sized grenade cannons
Jet-powered roller skates (enable an entire infantry to move down the highway at 60 mph)
Atomic Naval cannons (fire a nuclear salvo 500 miles, revolutionizing battleship power)
Flesh healing serum (closes open wound in two seconds with synthetic liquid tissue)
Alloy for the shell of the Stark International's space capsule (resists penetration of space radiation)
Burp-Gun (fires cartridges the size of .50 caliber machinegun bullets, the equivalent of artillery shells, at a rate of 1,000/minute)
Pocket-sized disintegrator ray (installed in a common flashlight case)
The Y-69 three-man rocket
Anti-gravity device (only working model; a ray of an unsafe design, but so powerful it can literally move mountains)
Remote-controlled observer missiles (take pictures of the enemy from the missile)
Uranus-11 rocket
Proton anti-armor gun
Moon Missile (which was actually a rocket with the first capsule that could fly independently of the main rocket)
Mangler missile (with a guidance system so sophisticated that it could actually attach itself to an enemy rocket, control it, and destroy it if need be)
One-man mini submarine (a scout sub; can out run and out flank almost any torpedo; compact size gives it great strength per cubic inch)
Sub-miniature reverser
Enervator ray (experimental medical device)
Centrifugal force ray
Anti-missile missile hand gun
Uranus-12 rocket
Life Model Decoy (of others or himself)
Electric Memory Bank (a repository where Stark has recorded all of his activities and ideas so humanity can continue to benefit from his vast knowledge after his death. It contains Stark's lifelong knowledge)
Light-bending device (installed in Iron Man's S.K.I.N. armor, makes the suit invisible to those looking in)
Magnetic memory device (channels tractor-pressor beams to reassemble things)
Security-Scan (the forerunner of retinal and/or biometric scan)
Pre-programmed micro-manipulators (assist his workers in building the complex micro-circuit sub-assemblies)
KX-59 Mark II missile destruct system (an anti-missile cannon)
Aero-tank (a hovercraft/tank hybrid)
Weather satellite
Space Shuttle Star Reach I (years before NASA)
Quantum IX (manned orbiting laboratory; precursor to NASA's Skylab)
Starjump shuttle (Stark International's second space shuttle)
Micropower cell (a commercial version of Iron Man's internal energy storage cells)
Anit-ballistic missiles
Heat-seeking anti-aircraft missiles
Napalm gel fragmentation grenades (shoulder-fired from a companion launcher)
Laser-guided 50 lb shell canon (guided by a command satellite it could home in on the body heat of the enemy)
Cosmitronic cannon (takes cosmic rays found in the atmosphere and harnesses them for a variety of uses)
Computerized fire-fighting system (installed at Stark International's Long Island Sound plant)
Para-gravity deflector (aka Rescue-jet, a one man space escape device)
Stark Satellite One (another Stark International space satellite)
Atomic piledriver (a hammering machine capable of pounding through mountains)
Numerous top secret intelligence systems for the U.S. Government
High level communications gear and automated security devices for the U.S. Government
Multiple patents for aeronautic instruments and controls
The Avengers' Quinjets
Developed an electro-therapy technique to helped crippled people
Memory extractor
Voice-activated elevator
The Avengers' Land Cruiser (a hovercraft-like vehicle)
Jupiter Landing Vehicle
Jet carts (for transport on Stark International's Long Island Sound campus)
Electrosthetic conductor (an alternative to conventional anesthetics it uses sound waves to calm the body's electronic impulses)
Sonic borer (a low-heat new drilling method for deep sea drilling rigs)
Energizer link (the revolutionary main component of the sonic borer)
Assorted commercial security systems (including proximity alarms)
V-TOL craft (with integrated radar-bending stealth system)
Gauntlet mounted photon shields/blasters (designed for SHIELD agents)
SHIELD's helicarrier (massive one-mile long flying base)
Atomic piledriver (a hammering machine capable of pounding through mountains)
Took part in developing Captain America's shield
Several of Hawkeye's trick arrows
Hawkeye's hearing aid
Rocket Ram
Nick Fury's flying car
Nick Fury's pistol
Thermal-shocker Class-A missile interceptor (a tank-like weapon, at the time the biggest gun made, just short of an A-bomb class missile)

That doesn't include the thousands of parts needed to run his armor. Stark may not rule a small, poor, failing country like Latveria but he does own Stark Industries which is a multi-billion dollar industry (probably more than the total income of Latveria) and has over 20 factories located world-wide. Stark also hasn't been drunk for more than 100 issues.

Stark is impressive...

Arachnoidfreak
I know about ALL of Stark's armors, and you obviously don't pay attention. I said Ironman can win, if Doom didn't think he was running into Ironman that day. ANYTHING Ironman can do, Doom can un-do. Ironman is nowhere NEAR the kind of power Doom goes up against. Ironman vs Galactus? I'd like to see that. hahahaha. Ironman vs Mephisto? Stark doesn't have the willpower to face Mephisto in his own dimension, and succeed. All it would take is a bottle of scotch. 100 issues is a damn long time.

Well, aside from the debate, know any really great Ironman sites? I saved one or two good ones, but nothing close to what I'm looking for.

ska57
Sorry if it got personal, i just get excited when I'm talking about these things. You can visit www.advancediron.com and my own website www.freewebs.com/invincibleironman. Hey, do you know any sites about Dr. Doom? I don't know any! And, I have to admit, Iron Man could likley never defeat Galactus or Mephisto, but the two of them fully prepared would be a really, really, really good battle!

ska57
If the advanced iron website doesn't show up try www.advancediron.com/main.html and my website doesn't include the "." in it.

Arachnoidfreak
I've been to Advanced Iron, and it is a great site. I'll be checking yours out now.

For Dr. Doom: http://www.geocities.com/terrestrialboy/doom.html (on this page, you can see it says clearly that Doom is the only villain who has conquered the WORLD, and ended world hunger. He gave up his position as Ruler of Earth because it wasn't a challenge. Who would do that!?) and www.latveria.fr.st is a good site for appearances.

Unfortunately, there aren't many good Dr. Doom sites out there, just a bunch that go "He's da greatest!1!1one!!" I may have to make one.

Almost forgot, have you read "Ironman/X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal"? It's worth picking up.

ska57
No, I haven't.

Arachnoidfreak
You should. It's a 2 issue Acclaim(/Valiant Comics)/Marvel Comics crossover, and the story isn't the best, but just watching those two together is worth it.

Linkalicious
Iron Man wins most and almost all cases or scenarios, but Doom isn't exactly a walk in the park. Rarely is strength an issue with Doom....he doesn't really get into fist fights.

Iron Man's arsenal is most definitly impressive, and the capabilities of his suit far exceed that of Doom's suit, but this fight, along with all Doom fights is more about strategy and what's behind the mask. Starks is definitly a genious, there's no disputing that, but Doom is a master tactician and strategist.

GreatMuta
I Know of all of Iron man's inventions but truly how many can he really carry at once. Iron man in his own comic is all powerful .....because he needs to be!! Doom in any comic is powerful because he is. Let's not forget Dooms occult magic. Doom's armor may not be as "sophisticated" as tony's but rest assured it aint the crimson dynamo's either! This is a tough match up!

Victor Von Doom

who?-kid
A damn important accessory, I would say. I'd like to see him face, let's say Sabretooth without his armor.

It's true he certainly does not depend on his armor alone (unlike Iron Man) but still, it's very important. You said it yourself : "Doom's suit's capabilities aren't fully known." This implies it's probably stronger/more deadly than it looks.

But no matter how strong it is, it's not in the same league as the armor of Iron Man.

Arachnoidfreak
Armorless Dr. Doom vs Sabretooth? Magic baby. Sabretooth is toast.

FeceMan
Lol.

Victor Von Doom
I don't follow the logic though. Iron Man's suit is better than Doom's, so he will win. If that is true: Iron Man's suit is better than everyone's: it doesn't guarantee him wins. I do think Iron Man COULD take it, but I don't think he would.

who?-kid
I don't think so. Compared to some other magicians, Doom only knows a little bit of magic.

Arachnoidfreak
A little bit is all it takes. In the Sorcerer Supreme contest, he and Dr. Strange where the only ones left standing. That takes skill.

Krissy Von Doom
Yes, Tony Stark has numerous armour designs for certain situations. The fact is that, as shown in Armour Wars, a lot of people have the specs to his armour, if say, individual villains such as Crimson Dynamo have copies of the Iron Man specifications, who's to say Dr Doom doesn't have the exact same specs and built his armour to be better than Ironman's?

Dr Doom was impressed with Tony Stark's robotics knowledge though that's not to say it's superior to his own.

Nataku8188
I say Doom, 3/5 in a comic style fight
I say stark 3/5 in a direct brawl to the end.

If stark is a genius that makes doom God. Its like comparing Doom to Thanos. Doom has so much more knowledge, there is no doubt he can come up with something mid-fight.

Doom's suit is a well rounded piece of equipment, while Starks are usualy made for a specific task. Stark holds the advantage in overall suit capabilities, but when was the last time he used his generic armor to take down the beyonder?

Stark has invented many things, but Doom has invented even more, and on a grander scale. Also, Doom's magic can't be counted out. Who's to say he can't mysticly disable Iron Man? Stark isn't nearly as lored as Doom in magic, and my not have a counter.

Evangel94
Why do people post fights that have already occurred in comics?

Iron Man wins under normal circumstances.

ska57
If they just bumped into eachother....Iron Man wins half of the time, if Dr. Doom knew he was going to fight Iron Man that day....Dr. Doom.

Arachnoidfreak
Because we ****in feel like it.

DarkCrawler
Dr. Doom wins.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Doom win easily.

Tron
BUMP

Arachnoidfreak
Why are you bumping all the Doom threads?

Paola
'cause he's bored wink

Tron
Very... lol

And I'm not bumping all the Doom threads, probably mostly Doom, but not all of them.wink

crazyspinz
thif this is a fight in a arena, no doom bots alowd, no freaky inter dimensional cosmic crap alowed iron man wins, any other way doom wins

Tron
Now was Iron Man fighting Doom or a Doombot when this happened?

muffin man
I've read this battle iron man wins and then it turns out to be a robot and then he beats the real dr. doom

bakerboy
I think that iron man would win. Doom is a little overrated here. Come one, guys, if he is so powerful and intelligent and bla bla ba, how on hell he get his ass kicked all the time by the fantastic four or spiderman or iron man? Doom is more intelligent than stark, no doubt about that. But iron mar armor is more powerful and with more resorts. But Doom is a powerful wizard too. Its hard, but ill said iron man, because this battle has been in the past and iron man always win.

bakerboy
And if doom has absorbed the power of silver sufer or galactus is by his magic and his brillant intellect , not by his armor. His armor isnt that powerful.

Krissy Von Doom
Ironman's armor has more firepower but Doom's armor has better defences.

Ironmanpower
Iron man... He will find a way to win this one but a tie fight tough.

juggernaut74
Dr. Doom can beat anybody

theflyxx
If that's the case, why doesn't he rule the world and universe?

I say IM will win, but barely. DD will use everything in his disposal (including magic), but Iron Man will edge him slightly.

juggernaut74
I was being sarcastic. Dr. Doom drives me nuts. According to everybody in these forums he can beat anyone. I thought that was Batmans mantle.

theflyxx
You're right. That mantle does belong to Bruce.

juggernaut74
I wonder if Batman wanted could he rule the world?

bakerboy
Yes, Doom could beat anyone, for that reason he always beat the fantastic four. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Krissy Von Doom
Doom's a bad guy so he's always destined to lose... unless he's the lesser of two evils... like when he wailed on the Magus, beat Beyonder, tricked Mephisto etc

bakerboy
Yeah, and loki tricked doom.

Tron
Well, to answer an old question (which has been answered many times on here), Doom loses to the FF simply because his intellectual equal on that team. In my opinion, if it weren't for Reed Richards, the rest of his team would've been wiped out by Doom a long time ago. And, Doom's never lost to Spider-Man from what I know. He owned Spidey in their first meeting, and in the worse way. And, he HAS taken over the world already (and two others as well, including an Earth in an alternate universe). He gave it back basically because he was bored, lol.

As far as this fight goes, Doom respects Stark's tech knowledge, but is still his superior regardless. Doom's base armor alone can stand up to the best that most cosmic beings throw at him. Now Iron Man has a wide variaty of weapons, but just how will any of them phase Doom? Doom may not have the variaty of firepower, but regardless, he has just as much if not more (one being a desintegrator gun which could wipe just about anyone out of existence). Iron Man's good, but Doom is just better.

And another thing; if anyone thinks someone can win a fight, please come up with something other than "they'll find a way," cause that does not help out you're arguement in the least, and it's irritating (to me anyways, lol).

And a question; which issue was it where Iron Man and Dr. Doom went at it, and what exactly happened?

Tron
Oh, and recently, Doom recently slapped around the Fanastic Four with his new armor, for those that didn't know.wink

JuggernautFan
in the "onslaught" story arch, doom tried to run away and iron man blasted into him and made him sacrifice himself... if you call that a sacrifice.

if you ask me, iron man is the superior out of the 2. i'd give him a win 6/10. just my opinion.

bakerboy
Lets see, i have seem some numbers of the fantastic four with the thing alone beating doom, and more of once. Sure that the most of the times Reed is the most important part in the group to beat Doom, but the thing was capable to beat doom without help.

Second of all, in amazing spider man number 5, who was first reunion with spidey and doom, spidey beated him. In one team up number, i dont remember the number exactly, spidey beated him again.

Third of all, Iron man beated doom twice on what i remember, in one iron man number he beated doom and in one special issue, a graphic novel if i remember well, with both in the time of king arthur and merlin , iron man beated him again.

bakerboy
I forget it, the thing alone kicked his ass so badly, that he almost kill doom. Thing was very angry against doom.

Tron
Now, were most of those defeats mentioned actually Doom, or simply one of his Doombots?

JuggernautFan
good question... who knows. damn writers should stop retconning everything. to hard to keep track.

juggernaut74
Maybe thats why nobody ever beats Doom. Cause they never actually get to fight him. Sounds like a chicken $hit to me.

norrin radd

Wynndar
Yea everything mentioned as a Doom defeat was actually a Doombot.

In FF #350 Doom reveals to the Thing that he has been on a sojourn apparently in another place and time, ever since that first time the Thing beat him in a one on one brawl: FF #60 i think...Doom has only made about ten real appearances, the other conflicts are caused by really good Doombots. He certainly never fought spiderman or Iron Man...it wasnt even a normal Doom in the secret wars, the beyonder had to pull him from another timeline.

crazyspinz
YARRRR

Arachnoidfreak
wtf is that?? Tell me that's not an actualy cover.

Ironmanpower
Why Doom never show is face in a real combat?
He always send one is botcrap because he aren't strong enough to show himself. Its what i think.

Arachnoidfreak
Isn't strong enough to show himself? He defeats GALACTUS and the BEYONDER and and takes over the planet, he isn't strong enough!?? What the **** are you smoking?

Tron
Dr. Doom sends Doombots out to do the schemes he feels aren't really worth his time.

Tron
And don't forget, he wiped out a group of Sentinels with relative ease.wink

Wynndar
yea when Joseph and Rogue were getting killed by a Sentinel, Doom stepped in and destroyed it in one shot...

Ironmanpower
If he can defeats GALACTUS and the BEYONDER than he can wipedout IM.

norrin radd

Ironmanpower
But IM have no apparent weakness like Galactus with is cosmic power, IM have nothing to drain. Am I wrong if i suppose that Doom leech Glactus cosmic power?

Wynndar
um, Doom went about stealing Galactus' power in a very ingenious method that cant really be duplicated...If he had to steal the power of Iron Man, Im sure he could devise a means...however, there would be no point, Iron Man does not have any greater source of power than Doom's own armor...again, Im not talking about a Doombot's armor...Im talking about the real Doom's armor, check out Fantastic Four #350.

Beyonder
In Infinity Wars, Kang and Doom snuck into the Magus' citidal without detection. When they revealed themselves, Warlock, who was also there, sided with Magus, the devil he knew, against Doom and Kang, the devil he didn't. Well, Doom punked Warlocked with a blast from his gauntlet (not the Infinity Gauntlet) and knocked him out cold. Magus clocked Kang and left. Doom thanked Kang for helping make him the new "Monarch of the Universe" and took Kang out with blast. He then went after Magus and punked him as well. But just before Magus handed over the Infinity Gauntlet, LT overturned his previous ruling, and Magus become omnipotent.

Doom > Iron Man

Evangel94
The Exiles-threeparter #23-24-25 "With an Iron fist". It featured not the Exiles, but the more ruthless team Weapon X.

In the reality they were supposed to "fix", Tony Stark was a VERY evil man. Like Doom without the magic - and much more effective.

(The Doom-cloak was a souvenir from his fight with Doom - he killed him.)

Wynndar
Yea u never know what Doom has in that armor...but its definitely more than a repulser ray wink

whobdamandog
Doom's regular armor has no where near the offensive/defensive capabilities of Iron Man's. If I'm not mistaken, Doom can only lift about 2 tons max with the armor on, as opposed to Iron Man's 80 ton limit.

The energy blasts he generates from the gauntlet's are nothing to sneeze at(ie he's toppled the surfer, warlock, and magus before with them..), however, I really don't think there's to much more he can do from an offensive stand point that Stark's Armor can't counter.

But what the Doctor's suit lacks in versatility and over all power, Doom more than make's up for in ample offensive/defensive devices.(ie force fields, teleportation devices, etc) Add to this his extrodinary genius level intellect, and you have an extremely deadly foe, regardless of what physical power level he possesses. Don't get me wrong, Stark is one of the smartest guys in the MU, but Doom waaay outclasses him when it comes to overall intelligence & cunning.

Even with the Doctor's great intellect, I doubt there's much Victor could do to Stark without some sort of prep time before battle. Not to say that he wouldn't give him a good fight, not at all, but I do believe Tony has more than enough power to take Doom out in a random-out of the blue encounter. In this type of scenario, the more likely ending would be the good Doctor running away to fight another day.

Now if we're talking about a battle which involves prep time, then Victor takes Tony down more often than not(possibly every battle) as Doom has shown time and time again that he can take down anyone just short of the Living Tribunal's level of power when given ample time/resources to prepare.

Wynndar
We r talking about the real Doom, not a Doombot...dont forget that 95% of Doom's appearances are simply as Doombots.

whobdamandog
All Doombot's a side, you can't argue with the stats my man. In his regular armor Doom is waay outclassed by Iron Man in terms of power. He'd be a fool to fight Stark Mano e Mano with it, and wouldn't even try. Now given time to prepare before the battle, Doom could(and probably would) succeed, and has more than enough going for him in resources and intellect to amp up his armor to match that of Iron Man's.

Krissy Von Doom
How about Doom's disintegrator gun or anti-matter grenade? You can't really say Doom's armor doesn't have the weaponry to take down Ironman.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>