Batman vs. Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
There's a little twist to this fight. Both of them have Superman's powers. They have full information to how their powers work. Both get a week of preptime to test their powers. However Captain America gets an extra week since he does not know who Superman is and what he could do with it. etc. Both will use their usual equipment for the battle. (i.e Captain America's shield). Batman cannot use any kryptonite, red light flashbulbs or any of that ridiculous crap. Both are gonna give it their all. The battle takes place in Kansas. No civilians are present anywhere. They can leave the battlefield if they wish.

Discuss.

Scoobless
Cap's shield would be the only difference between them...... i'll vote for Cap because of that and the fact that he doesn't have a history of back problems....

stick out tongue

pr1983
do they both have their respective fighting abilities?

Draco69
Of course. They just have Superman's abilities to top it off.

pr1983
then batman... superior fighter plus the utility belt...

Scoobless
utility belt wont be worth sh*t in this fight....... and Batman admitted Cap could beat him in a straight fight..... (i know it was a crossover but when else are they gonna meet?)

Draco69
He said he "could" beat him. This doesn't mean that Cap would have definitely won.

Scoobless
but it means he admits that he is at least his equal in terms of skill

Draco69
That's true.

Scoobless
and Cap trains with the likes of Thor and Quicksilver all the time..... he'd have an excellent idea what his new abilities were capable of

Draco69
True. But instead of having an idea, Batman would have a complete knowhow of how his powers would work. Since he actually works with Superman all the time.

srankmissingnin
Cap manages to hurt bricks throwing his shield with his current strength... with Sups strength he will bring the pain. If it gets in close Cap still wins because at that strength Bats belt means nothing and Cap is not only Batman's equal in fighting skill but a better tactician and still has his shield.

Scoobless
and has twice the time to train

Draco69
The shield would be very good asset. However Batman has the edge of knowing exactly his powers work and what best way to use them. He knows Superman inside and out. His superior knowledge of Superman's powers and how best to use them would be a deciding factor.

pr1983
i think batman is a superior tactician to cap...

and as draco said batman knows supes powers as well as supes does...

i can see batman taking it...

Scoobless
Originally posted by Draco69
There's a little twist to this fight. Both of them have Superman's powers. They have full information to how their powers work.

with this info cap will have the usage sussed out in the first week or less and spend the rest of the time stratagising against these powers

srankmissingnin
Well it is like Superman has any unique or innovative powers. All I can say is that both Cap and Batman are likely to use their superspeed effectively, unlike Superman who uses it in battle... lets say less then 30% of the time.

Draco69
Batman has several years with knowledge of how Superman's powers work. Cap only has two weeks. I see Batman spending at least three days learning to use the powers. The rest for tactics.

Scoobless
giving cap two weeks to train puts him over the top and he wins this

Draco69
So several years of top-secret information on Superman's powers, abilities and capabilities is completely irrevalent. Batman works with Superman. He knows how to use them well, because he observes Superman. Another major deciding factor is that Batman knows Superman's weaknesses. And I don't mean kryptonite. I mean the limitations and liabilities of his powers. There's no better forebearer of this knowledge than Superman. Not to mention Batman is a master of preptime. He'd cheat.

Scoobless
it isn't irrelevant, it's just that neither of these guys will fight like Superman.... they are both far superior to him in terms of H2H skill....observing supes only gives Bats a slight advantage that will be overcome with Cap's practical experience with the extra week...... he'll use Thor to test the limits of his strength and invulnerability...... Bat's may be good with prep time but no-one does super-fight training like Captain America

long pig
It comes down to who is the more skilled fighter, which is batman.
Cap relys on a decent amount of strength i.e wrestling.
Now that bats has superman strength his 127 master martial arts are gonna win this, unless cap throws his shield at lightspeed at the very start and lobbs off bats head. Which would be cool but totally out of character.

srankmissingnin
There is a pic floating around here that I posted on Cap telling Baron Zemo that he is master of every from combat... I think it is another Batman vs Captain America thread

long pig
Ehhhhhh, I doubt that.
I dont doubt he said this but Ii doubt he does. I also doubt bats is a master of 127 MAs.
maybe well rounded in 127 MAs, master? no.
Even so, Unlike CA, who uses more strength based attacks, Bats is more skilled at using fast precise attacks which when backed by superman strength would be unbeatable.

kgkg
if the shield hits batman .

Batman go BYE BYE.

and Cap is stonger than him

Bat might be a better fighter but this is one fight he is not winning(fairly).

Draco69
The shield wouldn't knock out Batman. No matter how fast it's going. Not to mention Batman would either catch or dodge it.

kgkg
are you shiting me catch it?

the shield Rips robots in two (made of metal , etc) bat is bone and flesh

dodge it yes. but i said if , and Cap always gets his target.

Draco69
The shield is made of an unbreakable material. Of course with enough force it can cleave through a metal robot.

Batman has a forcefield now remember? The shield would hurt but not enough to knock him out.

Cap always gets his target? Tell that to the Punisher.

Scoobless
The shield wouldn't knock out Batman. No matter how fast it's going. Not to mention Batman would either catch or dodge it.

the shield has been shown to hurt foes much stronger than cap before and is unbreakable to even Superman...... with Superman level strength behind it it could kill almost anyone

Draco69
I doubt it. Superman forcefield has withstood much worse. Not to mention Batman has severely enhanced reflexes. The shield would be going at a speed Batman can quickly react to.

JWangSDC
Once again, they're dead even.

Draco69
Batman would probably cheat. I said that they both had preptime. Fly into the sun or something. Create a tech to enhance his strength.

Kento
The both get Supes powers..It be a battle until they both tire out. No matter how fast, how strong its dead even, and it'll end in a stalemate.

long pig
Thrown with superman strength I dont see why it wouldnt behead him.
When did Superman get a force field?

Draco69
Superman's powers are actually just a form of TK.

The shield would be going extremely fast. However with Batman's fighting skills and Superman's lightening fast reflexes ten to one he would catch it or dodge it.

Scoobless
well if they are both preparing and if it was for the world or something i'm sure Cap could get tech help from Iron Man and Mister Fantastic, plus with full knowledge of the powers he would also have to know about the sun part..... he could get concentrated solar blasts from vision

kgkg
one thing is more sure batman can't win this buy fighting fare.

Cap: is a super human , he will match and beat batman is strengh , durabilty etc.

and don't tell me bat is gonna stop his shield very few people have done that(much stronger) i have seen it hurt the hulk before.

well am not saying batman can't win , but a fare fight with him using his normal tools , vs cap i don't see a win for bat.

but like you said with prep time batman has the resources to beat him.

illadelph12
Not exactly.

One of Supes abilities is also the speed at which he processes information. This added ability added to Captain America's already high level tactical knowledge evens the playing field. He'd be able to catch up to Batman's knowledge of Superman's abilities with the extra week of processing his abilities at super cognitive speed, then stategize the second week on how to use these abilities to their fullest destructive extent.

After that, it comes down to just being Supes vs. Supes with an indestructible impact absorbing shield.

lifeisaglich
Yes and batman will be the one left in the dark in the field of processing information quickly.

Look you are talking about a field in which batman is the best at. So you see my delema.

illadelph12
No, you misunderstand. Batman will not be left in the dark. The super processing (and extra week) levels the playing field. They'll both fight and counter at the same speed, except Cap will have an indestructible shield.

lifeisaglich
Then it is a draw

Never have we seen such even and perfectly match foe before.

Scoobless
how about Spiderman V's his clone...... they were perfectly even

MERCILOUS
Not in experience.

black wolverine
who wins

discuss

Darth Trinew
After a hard match, Bruce

Draco69
Ditto:

Full Credence to DarkCrawler for information below:

Batman is a master of Haragei, a master who has expanded his physical senses over this plane of existence to another and thus becoming hyper aware of his surroundings without appearing to really being anything different from others. He is keenly aware of everything going on around him and also the microscopic and the astral world around himself. Furthermore he can feel that world around himself and thus being one of the most difficult targets for telepathy and also telepathic obfuscation. Along these lines the Bat has learnt and masters both the Sakki and Kiai. Kiai is the ability to feel the intent and thus be able to act accordingly. However Sakki is the force of the intention and with these three pillars the Bat can take the physical battle to another level, to the psychological, the mental plane. The Sakki and Kiai, completed with the mastery of Haragei can be used as physical weapons, a force of wills where every blow is even stronger than the physical ones. As a ninja and a master of haragei, Batman has learnt to cope without his sensory input, making him able to fight and function without any sort of handicap should he lose his sight or hearing, or other senses. The fact is that the Bat is far beyond the human senses and even though they are handy, they're not needed.

Chi is another facet and a tactic the Batman uses, much like Sakki, it can be projected through the combat. Batman has been shown, on numerous occasions, to be able to perform feats impossible to humans. He has been shown to kick down trees, punch through concrete and mortar walls. He has been shown to be able to lift up a stone totem that weighed over a ton. He can project his Chi out of his body and aid him physically, because of this it is no big feat for him to punch through living trees and walls. By focusing his Chi inside his body he can ignore the physical damage and pain he receives. Through his training, Batman has trained himself to ignore exhaustion, sleep deprivation, emotions and also pain and agony. To anyone looking at the Bat, there is nothing remotely human about him other than the chin. As a Bat, when under control, he feels no emotions, no fear, no love, he is completely indifferent to the world around himself and thus he is in tune with it as Tao teaches. He flows from one motion to another in the river of life, this granting him the sixth sense, intuism he always listens to, the thing that has saved his life on many occasions.

This form, this Tao was taught to him by Mistress Shao-La in the Himalayas. Bruce Wayne had heard about a master with great power residing in the mountains and the young boy wanted to learn more. He went to the master who'd teach him the Tao and also self-control. The light side of this force would give him the control over his emotions and the ability to be in tune with the world, but it wasn't enough for him. Bruce Wayne wanted power, true power and after Shao-La told him about Master H'Sien Tan he would venture out there and learn.

From H'Sien Tan Bruce Wayne learnt the path of personal power. He learnt from the man that he had two destinies and by choosing one of them he'd receive everything he had ever wanted and the second would make him nearly omnipotent. This path would be the path of personal power he sought to avenge and to protect. In time it would also consume him. This little story is part of the package H'Sien Tan taught Bruce. The acceptance. The acceptance of one's fate, one's death and one's power. It was also a craft he taught to Bruce, to know, to feel the world and the energies around himself, to harness those energies and glean answers from them. This form of spiritualism has served Bruce well, but also it has twisted him and he has found ways to distort it, making him appear the victim even if he has wanted it. From H'Sien Tan he also learnt a way to control himself, not just his emotions but his body. Bruce is capable of, instinctually, command his body to stop bleeding, force healing on himself and even more importantly, he is able to ignore the toll exhaustion and the lack of sleep inflicts on him. Also Tan taught him the way to slow down his heart, the flow of his blood, to the level of dying and yet remaining alive.

The dark forces of Tao, the greed, is a powerful mistress and because of this the person who wields these arts needs to be mentally strong to wrest the control lest it controls him in his path to power. This dark art comprises partly of alchemy and magic mixed in with the mental control and hypnotism and this is the most formidable teaching Tan had to give Bruce.

Batman is able to force his presence on others, much like the way the Wrath of God appears. He can grow in people's minds, project his terror on them and destroy their minds, but at the same time he can push his presence inwardly and just disappear from their mind's eye, right in front of them and none will know how nor why. Furthermore he has learnt the power of suggestion, the ability to appear as something else to anyone and this is the key behind his quick costume changes and his disappearances. To add to this, his skills in these arts have given him a willpower matched by nearly none as he can ignore anything and go through stone and rock. The last skill Tan gave to Bruce was the art of the Tiger Fist, a punch so powerful it can rend through mountains, a skill, an art known to only 5 people on Earth and only 2 of them survive 'til this day.

As a ninja, a shadow assassin, Batman has been taught to use his surroundings to his advantage and so he knows when there are people in the correct vantage points, he knows how to conceal himself so that he is virtually invisible and he knows the ways to use the surroundings offensively. This lesson is part of the reason why the Bat was created in this visage. Bruce knows the hearts of the men and he can defeat them before engaging them in combat. In ancient times in Japan, the warrior caste, the Samurai, used the Ninja because their honor couldn't handle the deceitful tactics. However, Batman has no qualms with this and actually he uses quite a lot of deception as he does his work. Chu Chin Li and later on David Cain taught him the assassination tactics and skills, so he is aware of how a possible assassin will work and will think, and he can prepare against these situations.

Japanese sword fighting or Kendo is part of the Bushido class and way of life and also practiced by Batman and Bruce Wayne. From Bushido and Taothe Batman has taken the meditation skills taught to him by Shao-La for clearing his mind and his conscience, even if Alfred tends to call it brooding. Many a time the Bat has solved a case while meditating or sleeping, which is quite the same thing for him as he utilizes the sleeping techniques Shao-La taught him.

The ways of the Shadow Warrior are quite many and there are different rumors and different legends about the ninjas, and when concerning the Bat most of them hold true. However the main thing about the ninja is that they're adaptable and Batman has taken this strategy in his heart and cherishes it. He adapts to any situation and if he isn't able to conquer, he will find another way to do it.

DrDoom
After a looooong fight, Cap.

While Batman has trained his body to peak physical levels, Cap is already the perfect man.

I mean, even Batman says Cap could probably beat him in JLA/Avengers...

Ming Tea!
Ouch. Steve's gonna be feeling that feeling that one in the mansion in the morning.

Superherovandal
COULD is the key word DrDoom. he didn't say would.

Draco69
Emphasis on "could". And Thor got bitchslapped in that crossover...

Batman is far more skilled and has too many gadgets. Sleeping gas or a neural scrambler and Cap's out like a light.

brainchild81
Cap has advantages in almost every category. Strength, Speed and most importantly stamina. They equal or nearly equal on skills and tactics. Bats has more weapons, but Cap has shown that all he needs is that shield. They'd start off close enough, with Bats just managing to dodge or block. As the fight goes on Cap will still be going strong whereas Bats will be getting more tired and slow. Cap ain't gonna let up or give Bats a chance to escape. Cap wins.

Draco69
Sonic grenade. Sleeping Gas. Neural Scrambler. Cap loses.

brainchild81
Emphasis on "could". And Thor got bitchslapped in that crossover...
If Batman thinks he could, so do I. Bats is good, but so is Cap. Cap is gonna take the fight in close where gadgets wouldn't be of much help because there'd be no time for Bats to use 'em. Funny. I didn't know Thor had anything to do with this topic. Maybe he does. Where were you going w/that?

Draco69
Where am I going with that? Crossovers are bull****. Venom defeating Superman. Storm beating Wonder Woman. And perhaps the greatest travesty of all Lobo losing to Wolverine.

His gadgets aren't just in his belt. It's everywhere. Batman had sonic grenades in his gloves and stunned Wonder Woman. Cap just doesn't have the smarts to beat him.

Look above. The bio of Bats' skills says it all.

Superherovandal
bats is smart enough to know he won't win up close he would just keep throwing gas at cap. and no the shield won't protect cap from knockout gas.

Superherovandal
everone knows that Thor wouldn't lose that easily to Supes.

Draco69
Exactly. A vial of knockout gas and Cap goes down. Batman won't fight honorably. The bastard will cheat.

Superherovandal
he is after all the original and real prep master and cheater. and one with gadgets and tech and martial arts master.

brainchild81
Where am I going with that? Crossovers are bull****. Venom defeating Superman. Storm beating Wonder Woman. And perhaps the greatest travesty of all Lobo losing to Wolverine. OK. Never mind, I was thinking you were trying to turn this into a Marvel VS. DC thing. I had to be sure you weren't. And yes, crossovers are crap. No argument there. Originally posted by Superherovandal
bats is smart enough to know he won't win up close he would just keep throwing gas at cap. and no the shield won't protect cap from knockout gas. Right. And I'm sure that Cap's never ever encountered gas before.laughing Bats wouldn't know that he won't win up close unless it's a 2nd encounter my friend. I've seen people get close on Batman before, it's not impossible. Not for someone as slick and agile as Cap. Both are willing to fight dirty. Cap's killed before and he bashed the Enchantress's face in w/his shield. Cap does what it takes to win. Just like Bats does.

Superherovandal
i thought they met in the crossover. Although they are bull didn't they meet in there?

brainchild81
His gadgets aren't just in his belt. It's everywhere. Batman had sonic grenades in his gloves and stunned Wonder Woman. Was this fight w/WW w/prep? Does he always have 'em in his gloves? Originally posted by Superherovandal
i thought they met in the crossover. Although they are bull didn't they meet in there? Yes. That's when Bats pretty much yielded. But I thought the point of you and Draco was that crossovers don't count. I agreed.

Draco69
Originally posted by brainchild81
Right. And I'm sure that Cap's never ever encountered gas before.laughing Bats wouldn't know that he won't win up close unless it's a 2nd encounter my friend. I've seen people get close on Batman before, it's not impossible. Not for someone as slick and agile as Cap. Both are willing to fight dirty. Cap's killed before and he bashed the Enchantress's face in w/his shield. Cap does what it takes to win. Just like Bats does.

Cap succumbs to gas all the friggin time. What is gonna do? Hold his breath? Won't work the gas is porous. Sonic grenades? What's he gonna do? Cover his ears? Neural Scramblers? What's he gonna do? Shut off his brain. He can't counter the gadgets. Cap is purely physical. Batman is a perfect compendium of brain, brawn and tech. Cap is not a dirty fighter. Until I see him stab a guy in the nuts then I'll believe it. Batman is to tactical for Cap. And his martial art repoirte far exceeds Cap's. I wouldn't be surprised if he lands a nerve blow and end the fight here and there.

Draco69
Was this fight w/WW w/prep? Does he always have 'em in his gloves? Yes. That's when Bats pretty much yielded. But I thought the point of you and Draco was that crossovers don't count. I agreed.

No. It was not with prep.

Bats didn't yield. Bats just got tired of this senseless fighting and wanted to do much more practical things: like save the frickin universe.

And Cap is nowhere near Batman's skill. Did you see my post:

Batman is a master of Haragei, a master who has expanded his physical senses over this plane of existence to another and thus becoming hyper aware of his surroundings without appearing to really being anything different from others. He is keenly aware of everything going on around him and also the microscopic and the astral world around himself. Furthermore he can feel that world around himself and thus being one of the most difficult targets for telepathy and also telepathic obfuscation. Along these lines the Bat has learnt and masters both the Sakki and Kiai. Kiai is the ability to feel the intent and thus be able to act accordingly. However Sakki is the force of the intention and with these three pillars the Bat can take the physical battle to another level, to the psychological, the mental plane. The Sakki and Kiai, completed with the mastery of Haragei can be used as physical weapons, a force of wills where every blow is even stronger than the physical ones. As a ninja and a master of haragei, Batman has learnt to cope without his sensory input, making him able to fight and function without any sort of handicap should he lose his sight or hearing, or other senses. The fact is that the Bat is far beyond the human senses and even though they are handy, they're not needed.

Chi is another facet and a tactic the Batman uses, much like Sakki, it can be projected through the combat. Batman has been shown, on numerous occasions, to be able to perform feats impossible to humans. He has been shown to kick down trees, punch through concrete and mortar walls. He has been shown to be able to lift up a stone totem that weighed over a ton. He can project his Chi out of his body and aid him physically, because of this it is no big feat for him to punch through living trees and walls. By focusing his Chi inside his body he can ignore the physical damage and pain he receives. Through his training, Batman has trained himself to ignore exhaustion, sleep deprivation, emotions and also pain and agony. To anyone looking at the Bat, there is nothing remotely human about him other than the chin. As a Bat, when under control, he feels no emotions, no fear, no love, he is completely indifferent to the world around himself and thus he is in tune with it as Tao teaches. He flows from one motion to another in the river of life, this granting him the sixth sense, intuism he always listens to, the thing that has saved his life on many occasions.

This form, this Tao was taught to him by Mistress Shao-La in the Himalayas. Bruce Wayne had heard about a master with great power residing in the mountains and the young boy wanted to learn more. He went to the master who'd teach him the Tao and also self-control. The light side of this force would give him the control over his emotions and the ability to be in tune with the world, but it wasn't enough for him. Bruce Wayne wanted power, true power and after Shao-La told him about Master H'Sien Tan he would venture out there and learn.

From H'Sien Tan Bruce Wayne learnt the path of personal power. He learnt from the man that he had two destinies and by choosing one of them he'd receive everything he had ever wanted and the second would make him nearly omnipotent. This path would be the path of personal power he sought to avenge and to protect. In time it would also consume him. This little story is part of the package H'Sien Tan taught Bruce. The acceptance. The acceptance of one's fate, one's death and one's power. It was also a craft he taught to Bruce, to know, to feel the world and the energies around himself, to harness those energies and glean answers from them. This form of spiritualism has served Bruce well, but also it has twisted him and he has found ways to distort it, making him appear the victim even if he has wanted it. From H'Sien Tan he also learnt a way to control himself, not just his emotions but his body. Bruce is capable of, instinctually, command his body to stop bleeding, force healing on himself and even more importantly, he is able to ignore the toll exhaustion and the lack of sleep inflicts on him. Also Tan taught him the way to slow down his heart, the flow of his blood, to the level of dying and yet remaining alive.

The dark forces of Tao, the greed, is a powerful mistress and because of this the person who wields these arts needs to be mentally strong to wrest the control lest it controls him in his path to power. This dark art comprises partly of alchemy and magic mixed in with the mental control and hypnotism and this is the most formidable teaching Tan had to give Bruce.

Batman is able to force his presence on others, much like the way the Wrath of God appears. He can grow in people's minds, project his terror on them and destroy their minds, but at the same time he can push his presence inwardly and just disappear from their mind's eye, right in front of them and none will know how nor why. Furthermore he has learnt the power of suggestion, the ability to appear as something else to anyone and this is the key behind his quick costume changes and his disappearances. To add to this, his skills in these arts have given him a willpower matched by nearly none as he can ignore anything and go through stone and rock. The last skill Tan gave to Bruce was the art of the Tiger Fist, a punch so powerful it can rend through mountains, a skill, an art known to only 5 people on Earth and only 2 of them survive 'til this day.

As a ninja, a shadow assassin, Batman has been taught to use his surroundings to his advantage and so he knows when there are people in the correct vantage points, he knows how to conceal himself so that he is virtually invisible and he knows the ways to use the surroundings offensively. This lesson is part of the reason why the Bat was created in this visage. Bruce knows the hearts of the men and he can defeat them before engaging them in combat. In ancient times in Japan, the warrior caste, the Samurai, used the Ninja because their honor couldn't handle the deceitful tactics. However, Batman has no qualms with this and actually he uses quite a lot of deception as he does his work. Chu Chin Li and later on David Cain taught him the assassination tactics and skills, so he is aware of how a possible assassin will work and will think, and he can prepare against these situations.

Japanese sword fighting or Kendo is part of the Bushido class and way of life and also practiced by Batman and Bruce Wayne. From Bushido and Taothe Batman has taken the meditation skills taught to him by Shao-La for clearing his mind and his conscience, even if Alfred tends to call it brooding. Many a time the Bat has solved a case while meditating or sleeping, which is quite the same thing for him as he utilizes the sleeping techniques Shao-La taught him.

The ways of the Shadow Warrior are quite many and there are different rumors and different legends about the ninjas, and when concerning the Bat most of them hold true. However the main thing about the ninja is that they're adaptable and Batman has taken this strategy in his heart and cherishes it. He adapts to any situation and if he isn't able to conquer, he will find another way to do it.

Cap ain't got sh** on Bats in the skill department.

brainchild81
Cap succumbs to gas all the friggin time. What is gonna do? Hold his breath? Won't work the gas is porous. Sonic grenades? What's he gonna do? Cover his ears? Neural Scramblers? What's he gonna do? Shut off his brain. He can't counter the gadgets. Cap is purely physical. Batman is a perfect compendium of brain, brawn and tech. Cap is not a dirty fighter. Until I see him stab a guy in the nuts then I'll believe it. Batman is to tactical for Cap. And his martial art repoirte far exceeds Cap's. I wouldn't be surprised if he lands a nerve blow and end the fight here and there. Not likely. It depends on how you look @ it. Although I do think that Bats most likely knows more styles that Cap. Cap has went up against pretty much everything including the Taskmaster and he's no sloch in any department. His speed, strength, and stamina advantage combined w/his Martial arts prowess would make him too much for Batman up close. He's physically better than any human could ever be w/out enhancement. I watch MMA contests quite often and I've noticed that knowing more styles doesn't insure victory. It's more about how you use the styles you know. I see no reason why Cap can't avoid the gas altogether. Sonic grenades would require that Bats has time to protect himself from them unless Cap is a good distance away. I'm not sure exactly how neural scrambles are used or if Bats usually has one with him or uses them often. You can explain that to me if you wish. I imagine Cap knocking them out of Bats hands either by throwing the shield @ him or bouncing it off something. They're both master tacticians and fighters. I'm gonna go w/the guy w/physical advantages then. That's Cap.

Enhanced by the Super-Solider Serum, Captain America's agility, strength, endurance and reaction time are superior to those of an Olympic-level athlete. Also, Cap has mastered a number of fighting forms, including American-style boxing and judo. These abilities, combined with his indestructible shield, make him one of the finest human combatants Earth has ever known.

Captain America's only weapon is his Vibranium shield, a concave disk 2 1/2 feet in diameter that weighs 12 pounds. The shield's exceptional aerodynamic properties enable it to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. The disk's unparalleled overall durability, coupled with a natural concentric stiffness, allows it to rebound off solid objects with minimal loss of angular momentum.

Draco69
The gas comes out of his costume. His head more accurately.

The sonic grenades are contact-oriented. They also don't affect Batman because he protects himself.

Neural scramblers literally shut down your brain.

The Punisher caught the shield. You're kidding yourself if Batman can't catch the shield. He's deflected friggin bullets with batarangs.

Captain America is a very good fighter. But Batman's fighting skills is unreal. Literally. If you read the bio...which obviously you didn't..then you would know that Cap is outmatched in martial prowess.

I'm gonna go with the guy who has beaten White Martians, Superman, Captain Marvel and Gorilla Grodd. I'm gonna go with the guy who has mastered 127 martial arts and has incredible array of gadgetry(even alien gadgetry such as Kryptonian or Martian).

And his armour is uncanny. Cap's costume isn't onpar with his.

Draco69

Enhanced by the Super-Solider Serum, Captain America's agility, strength, endurance and reaction time are superior to those of an Olympic-level athlete. Also, Cap has mastered a number of fighting forms, including American-style boxing and judo. These abilities, combined with his indestructible shield, make him one of the finest human combatants Earth has ever known.

Captain America's only weapon is his Vibranium shield, a concave disk 2 1/2 feet in diameter that weighs 12 pounds. The shield's exceptional aerodynamic properties enable it to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. The disk's unparalleled overall durability, coupled with a natural concentric stiffness, allows it to rebound off solid objects with minimal loss of angular momentum.

Again:

Batman's weapons: batarangs, sonics, gas, neural scramblers, acid, ice beams, electric batarangs, nets, polos, etc.

savagerampage
Captain america will win this fight after a long one. Batman will eventually tire, i think captain america is the better fighter of the 2. all bats fancy gadjets wont matter when cap has his sheild 2 deflect whatever bats throws at him. In the end cap wins

Draco69
The hell? Did you see the above. Is the thing invisible or something? No way in hell is Cap a better fighter.

Yes and the shield will deflect a neural scrambler and even gas. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Batman is too tactical for Cap.

savagerampage
Captain america is one of the greatest tactians ever. he has been shot at by how many guns a blazing. do u think batman, can set on of his gas bombs off, without captain america nailing him first? i dont think so. plus he is the perfect man, he is superior to batman, in every physical department. He isnt as smart as batman, but captain america has also been doing this for far longer than batman. hes been around ww2 batman wasnt even born then.

OtterVomit
In a "Marvel vs. DC," 1995-96 series, Batman defeated Captain America but just barely. The battle was equally matched for hours (much like Batman's famous fight with Ras Al Ghul in the desert) until finally Cap stumbled, lost his focus for a split second and instantly a batarang bounced off his head.

savagerampage
it was fan voted of course batman is going to win

brainchild81
The gas comes out of his costume. His head more accurately.

The sonic grenades are contact-oriented. They also don't affect Batman because he protects himself.

Neural scramblers literally shut down your brain.

The Punisher caught the shield. You're kidding yourself if Batman can't catch the shield. He's deflected friggin bullets with batarangs.

Captain America is a very good fighter. But Batman's fighting skills is unreal. Literally. If you read the bio...which obviously you didn't..then you would know that Cap is outmatched in martial prowess.

I'm gonna go with the guy who has beaten White Martians, Superman, Captain Marvel and Gorilla Grodd. I'm gonna go with the guy who has mastered 127 martial arts and has incredible array of gadgetry(even alien gadgetry such as Kryptonian or Martian).

And his armour is uncanny. Cap's costume isn't onpar with his. Cap's costume doesn't need to be onpar w/Batmans. I read the bio the 1st time you posted it. Impressive, but it's not like everything listed would be a factor in this fight. I've seen him out-knuckled before. I figured neural scramblers would do that. I asked how. What's the method of delivery? Beam. Sound pulse. Something he throws @ you. The fights you listed were won w/prep or prep & help for the most part. It's easy to stop someone when you have their definite weakness @ your disposal. Not all that impressive. White Martians? Meh. My pyromanic baby cousin beat them before. Bats has dealt w/Martians before hand. Supes? Meh. Krytonite. I've heard that Supes was always holding back or that Bruce had help. Capt. Marvel? I have no idea how Batman beat him, but I'm almost 100% sure it wasn't on a 1st encounter.

Draco69
The point is that his armour is made of alien technology and some of the most sophisticated gadgetry in his world. Do really think the richest man in the world is gonna wear a costume made of spandex. No! His costume could withstand hits from Class 100 characters.

Not a factor? His skills would outshadow Cap's. Please.

No. Actually they can come out with his punches or his kicks. Or out of his friggin head.

Batman is gonna win. Sorry. But he is more skilled and his gadgets would dominate him. Sonics, neural scramblers. Nice try though.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by savagerampage
but captain america has also been doing this for far longer than batman. hes been around ww2 batman wasnt even born then. If I remember right wasnt Cap frozen most of the time between WW2 and when the Avengers revived him?

kgkg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
If I remember right wasnt Cap frozen most of the time between WW2 and when the Avengers revived him?
Yes he was frozen, I think it was Namor that brought him back.

snoopdogg
If he was frozen all of those years then how can he have so much experience?

kgkg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
If he was frozen all of those years then how can he have so much experience?

he doesn't because he already has the nessary experience in the army.

and add this to his the list.

Captain America has agility, strength, speed, endurance, and reaction time superior to any Olympic athlete who ever competed. The Super-Soldier formula that he has metabolized has enhanced all of his bodily functions to the peak of human efficiency. Notably, his body eliminates the excessive build-up of fatigue-producing poisons in his muscles, granting him phenomenal endurance.

Captain America has mastered the martial art of American-style boxing and judo, and has combined these disciplines with his own unique hand-to-hand style of combat. He engages in a daily regimen of rigorous exercise (including aerobics, weight lifting, gymnastics, and simulated combat) to keep himself in peek condition. Captain America is one of the finest human combatants Earth has ever known.

snoopdogg
Lets add this to Batmans list:

Batman is a trained scientist, escape artist, detective and inventor.

Batman began his physical and mental conditioning when he was 11.
Began intense physical training and weight lifting at age 12.
Trained in the US for various martial arts for 3 years.
Gained degrees in criminal science, forensics, computer science, chemistry and engineering by the time he was 16.
Became 2st and 3nd degree black belt in Karate, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido by the time he was 17.
Trained and became proficient with all small arms and basic vehicles operations.
By the time he was 18 he:

Studied commando style operations with small mercenary units.
Left US to further study martial arts under specialized masters.
Other skills: knife throwing, escrima, melee weapons mastery, body control
Other skills: disguise, diverse environmental training, combat driving, savate, kungfu
Other skills: security systems, illusion/sleight of hand, blind fighting
By the time he was 24 he had expanded his studies for more advanced:

forensic and medical sciences
expanded computer and engineering sciences
expanded disguise and weapon/device sciences
expand device pool, improve vehicle designs
use of personal powered armor and systems.
continual physical training in Batcave facility.
database creation on underworld crime bosses, rogue's gallery foes and other supers.
expanded melee weapon techniques
improved material sciences for body armor and micro-machinery

brainchild81
The point is that his armour is made of alien technology and some of the most sophisticated gadgetry in his world. Do really think the richest man in the world is gonna wear a costume made of spandex. No! His costume could withstand hits from Class 100 characters.

No. Actually they can come out with his punches or his kicks. Or out of his friggin head.

Batman is gonna win. Sorry. But he is more skilled and his gadgets would dominate him. Sonics, neural scramblers. Nice try though. If a Class 100 character wanted to kill Bats w/one punch they would if they landed it. His costume could withstand hits from Class 100 characters if they wern't really trying is more like it. Don't fool yourself. And Cap is going to hurt him when he punches him in the face. No armor there. You never said how often he uses these scramblers either. If these sonic grenades detonate on contact, that's great provided Cap just stands there. And I still say he has to take time to protect himself unless he's always wearing protection against sonics. (How can he hear?) Cap would move. I thought Bruce didn't use alien stuff in the normal costume except Kryp. Maybe I was wrong. You got any pics of Bats using scramblers in the ways you've described? Punisher caught the shield? Wonderful. Something tells me he still lost. While Bruce is catching the shield Cap is getting closer. Game over. It might take a while, but once it gets to close quarters, it's only a matter of time before Bats tires. Don't worry though. He'd get some sleep soon after.smile

The King of All
bats wins, better fighter (arguably) and better gadgets (inarguably)

brainchild81
Damn. This takes me back. That shadow warrior stuff is cool, but if true the guy shouldn't get his a$$ kicked by Shiva, Dstroke & Batgirl. And Bane shouldn't have beaten him either. I wonder where that shadow warrior stuff came from.

goldendartkilla
fight is soo even I say they both k.o each other in a long fight. great arguments on both sides I'm staying neutral for now evil face

Onikirimaru
Hey add this to Batman's list:

His arch enemy is a clown
He got beat by Bane
He hangs out with children

Im not convinced that Cap will go down so easy to some gas. I dunno who would win in the end, but something i can guarantee is it wont be pretty, and it wont come down to neural scramblers or knockout gas.

EsteemedLeader
i are a bat fanboy. bats is my #1 fave, but cap is like, #2 or #3. it would be awesome, but i think bat is going to win. and gas probably isnt going to stop cap, red skulls death gas is averted all the time. not saying the gas is useless, it just wont be the deciding factor. and cap is about as focussed as batman, and can use his shield with deadly accuracy and power. in a recent cap comic, he threw his shield at a helicopter while dodging gunfire on top of a speeding train with enough power to tear through the helicopters tail and return to him from about a 1/4 mile away after he throws a punch and isnt even looking in the direction its coming from and still catch it. and in that fight he did kill two terrorists and put one in a coma so he can be mean if he wants to. just wanted to put up some redeeming qualities for cap big grin

brainchild81
Cap hits Batman with his neck breaker punch(Used it on a terrorist a while back). Batman's last thoughts are "I got soul, but I'm not a soldier" smile

goldendartkilla
how'd he kill the terrorists EL? and what issue? cap's a bad ass.

Metalmanx
You listed a bunch of awesome foes that Batman has taken down on his own. But there is one that I read recently where Cap takes out Giant-Man on his own. It was a really impressive fight. The size meant absolutely nothing to Cap. And he didn't even have his shield. He didn't need it. Instead of attempting to tell you about it, you should check it out. I believe it was in The Ultimates graphic novel #2.

By the by, I think Captain America wins.

Edit: I just read something on the fight again. And I just wanted to say that Cap literally beats Giant-Man (while giant mind you) to a pulp. To a pulp, people. C'mon. Batman could not do that.

Never

Batman is gonna win. Sorry. But he is more skilled and his gadgets would dominate him. Sonics, neural scramblers. Nice try though.

His costume could withstand hits from Class 100? Batman 1M or Bruce Wayne? LMAO

Let Superman hit him full tilt and Batman will be a bat smear on the concrete. Guano, even.

I wonder if Black Panther's suit could withstand a hit from even a Class 20 character, and it is more advanced than Bat's is.

Batman is not more skilled in h2h than Captain America is, hence the commentary in that crossover that is in continuity.

Scratch that. Say not more "efficient."

It is widely accepted (not on here, ironically) that Black Panther is Batman's superior in h2h, and Black Panther's...father (ancestor; cannot recall if exactly was the father) stomped Captain America.

Batman and Captain America are in the same category in h2h.

For all of these lists of Batman's supposed skillset let us discuss comic book occurences, why don't we? Prometheus, who had profiles of 30 of the best DC martial artists? If Batman is as skilled as people like to say he is, why when the fight was over did he say, quote:

"that...was a humbling experience." In the second fight it went back and forth (he broke Prometheus' jaw, Prometheus shot him in the chest) until Batman had to cheat to win (he's never above doing that, and shouldn't be).

Cap is almost always portrayed as "finding a way;" Bat's is the master of prep.

By the way, didn't they meet again in that crossover?

Wanderer259
That's Ultimate Cap, who is far stronger and much more ruthless than regular ol' Cap. Unless it was already decided this is the Ultimate version.

In which case, Batman is screwed without pulling a gadget.

LGodamus
Cap is batmans superior in all physical aspects and is at least as good a fighter...BM has gadgets......its a tough fight but overall Cap is going to win this more often

shaolin9976
Sure Captain America is mr. steroids...but Batman got chi and he got smarts...and including all kinds of gadgets that will just surprise cap...if batman fights captain america in a straight up hand to hand...then i'm going with cap because of his super serum..not because of his fighting skill..but if everything goes...then cap loses to the bat...no doubt!

radioboy121
I have seen Batman and Captain America in three crossovers together and all pinpointed them at being nearly equal at h2h.

* Marvel vs. DC crossover - they spent hours fighting without additional props (utility belt, vibranium shield) without any clearcut advantage on one another and Captain America only lost when the sewage swept him off. No clear winner.

* Avengers / JLA - they both tested each other's attack and Batman admits that Cap. was superior, but the fight would still be stretched long before that happens. Word of mouth (can't say that's legitimate proof of Cap's superiority).

* WWII scenario Captain America / Batman - I think it was Bruce (Batman) that ambushed Steve (Captain America) and neither one was able to hurt the other when both successfully parried each offensive attack. Apparently equal in this fight, but this was not in continuum (Bucky is alive).

Without any additional supplies, I think the fight is stalemate. With supplies, Batman has the advantage.

EsteemedLeader
Originally posted by radioboy121
Without any additional supplies, I think the fight is stalemate. With supplies, Batman has the advantage.

yes

brainchild81
Originally posted by radioboy121
I have seen Batman and Captain America in three crossovers together and all pinpointed them at being nearly equal at h2h.

* Marvel vs. DC crossover - they spent hours fighting without additional props (utility belt, vibranium shield) without any clearcut advantage on one another and Captain America only lost when the sewage swept him off. No clear winner.

* Avengers / JLA - they both tested each other's attack and Batman admits that Cap. was superior, but the fight would still be stretched long before that happens. Word of mouth (can't say that's legitimate proof of Cap's superiority).

* WWII scenario Captain America / Batman - I think it was Bruce (Batman) that ambushed Steve (Captain America) and neither one was able to hurt the other when both successfully parried each offensive attack. Apparently equal in this fight, but this was not in continuum (Bucky is alive).
I'd say they are nearly equal. Cap's got a slight edge.
*Marvel vs. DC--Bats was getting tired (huffing and puffing). Cap wasn't
*Avengers / JLA-- Bats talked his way out of an eventual beatdown. Smart mansmile
* WWII scenario Captain America / Batman-- Cap was wearing the military uniform and Batman had his rich guy clothes if I remember right. Bruce was thinking they were nearly even with Cap having a slight edge in speed.

All signs point to a Cap victory.

supermanprime
is not bane just an evil version of caps he has all the martial art skills and has steroids in his body just like cap to make him strong so if he can beat bane why not cap.

CorderaMitchell
Bane broke the bat before, right?

supermanprime
yes he did after he broke into arkum asylum and release all the criminals and batman spent all night capturing every major criminal in the city, tired and depleted of all his energy he was ambushed and defeated by bane subsequently braking the dark knight's back in two. it was a great storyline.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by supermanprime
yes he did after he broke into arkum asylum and release all the criminals and batman spent all night capturing every major criminal in the city, tired and depleted of all his energy he was ambushed and defeated by bane subsequently braking the dark knight's back in two. it was a great storyline.

Thats true, but bats has been given a replacement jaw by promethius, a robin clone from clayface has given him trouble too.

supermanprime
so why wouldn't bat's be able to beat cap????

CorderaMitchell
No I never said he wouldn't, I think its VERY close though, bats can definitely win...

jesserw21
batman is the f****** best

Mainstream
Originally posted by jesserw21

so it that pic fo shizzle to the dizzle wickedph

Metalmanx
Captain America wins.

Mainstream
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Captain America wins.

yeah I know but Batman is the shizzle go batman scissors go Batman scissors go Batman scissors

CorderaMitchell

Random...

Dark Thor
how do Captain America's villains get through his shield?

DarkCrawler
Captain America would most likely concentrate on strength and durability...physical things.

Now, Batman, who has seen Superman in action for years, would concetrate on the other powers...heat vision, freeze breath, super speed. I think that at start of the fight, as Cap would go at him at the fullest, Batman would use the freeze breath. He would then fly to the Sun at full speed, gaining more and more powers the longer he spends there.

Cap would probably get free in seconds, but that would be all that Batman would need. As Cap spends his time looking for Batman all over the world, Batman has spend a full minute in Sun. He flies back to the Kansas, and Captain spots him. Batman plays the game for a while, making it seem that they are equal, and Cap is getting a edge, as Captain is giving the final blow, Batman grabs his fist in midair. He is stronger and faster now, and he would give constant beatdown to Cap, hitting the most weak places. He would most likely obtain the shield for himself in the fight, and use it to win.

Dark Thor
mesa go with bruce on this one

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Captain America would most likely concentrate on strength and durability...physical things.

Now, Batman, who has seen Superman in action for years, would concetrate on the other powers...heat vision, freeze breath, super speed. I think that at start of the fight, as Cap would go at him at the fullest, Batman would use the freeze breath. He would then fly to the Sun at full speed, gaining more and more powers the longer he spends there.

Cap would probably get free in seconds, but that would be all that Batman would need. As Cap spends his time looking for Batman all over the world, Batman has spend a full minute in Sun. He flies back to the Kansas, and Captain spots him. Batman plays the game for a while, making it seem that they are equal, and Cap is getting a edge, as Captain is giving the final blow, Batman grabs his fist in midair. He is stronger and faster now, and he would give constant beatdown to Cap, hitting the most weak places. He would most likely obtain the shield for himself in the fight, and use it to win.

Oh, thanks for breaking that down, I didn't know there was a batman prime too, now there is three of them...

Metalmanx
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

I hate debating against you (we're usually on the same side), but you make it sound like Cap would just be dumbfounded when fighting Batman. The fight says that they have full knowledge of the powers. I'm sure that not only would Cap use the super speed to his advantage, but he would also know that Batman would play dirty. There's no way that Cap wouldn't expect something like that and there's no way that he would be caught off-guard with the freeze-breath.

I'm just saying. Think about it like that.

Wanderer259
Cap was even given an extra week to do nothing but better familiarize himself, since he hasn't seen Supes in action.

and

They don't.

CorderaMitchell
I still want to say tie, for now...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I hate debating against you (we're usually on the same side), but you make it sound like Cap would just be dumbfounded when fighting Batman. The fight says that they have full knowledge of the powers. I'm sure that not only would Cap use the super speed to his advantage, but he would also know that Batman would play dirty. There's no way that Cap wouldn't expect something like that and there's no way that he would be caught off-guard with the freeze-breath.

I'm just saying. Think about it like that.

I know that Cap isn't a dumbass, but I think that he would play it more fair then Batman. Now, I think that Batman could use the powers better then Cap could. Captain has the extra time, and knowledge, but like I said, Batman has saw Superman in action for years. He knows the best tactics to use in different situations. He knows what works best against each type of power. He has even fought against Superman, and people like Superman.

Therefore, he would throw all kinds of things at Cap at the beginning of battle. Gas granades, strobe granades, normal grenades...that together with large heat vision and ice breath would sure distract Cap. I think this could give Bats a opportunity to take the shield away from Cap. And then beat him in hand to hand combat with or without the shield. Cap is similar to samurai. Batman is a ninja. Ninja's treachery always beats the honor of samurai.

joesha28

Who's the girl in the pic?! eek! eek!

joesha28
Bats only win because of his utility belts....and he is a good thinker, DC's best thinker actually. Good Stratagy, tactics plus gadgets = a win. Cap can win in a direct combat because of his physical edge.

whobdamandog
Damb tough call. I'd have to say that Batman takes this one in a prep battle..just barely though. In a non prep battle Steve probably has the edge. Damb I guess that's means its 50/50. Back to the girl in the pick..damb you could set a glass on that ass. Is that your picture jesserw21?

Juntai
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Damb tough call. I'd have to say that Batman takes this one in a prep battle..just barely though. In a non prep battle Steve probably has the edge. Damb I guess that's means its 50/50. Back to the girl in the pick..damb you could set a glass on that ass. Is that your picture jesserw21?
No, that pic is all over the net

Metalmanx
I dunno. I still think being the master tactician that Cap is, given that extra week, he would've run through THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of different scenarios, most of which include how Batman could play dirty and then how to defeat him. I dunno, I just see Cap as one who would always be prepared for whatever Bats had to throw at him, even if it just all seems like a distraction. I just don't think Bats could really catch him off guard, especially since the utility belt would be useless against Cap with Superman's powers.

joesha28
But i think Batman will utilize Supes power better.

Darth Sparhawk
Batman, I think, he is more cunning.

batman2505
BATMAN would slaughter cap. (1)he has taken down superman "NO POWERS" (2) can take down ANYONE with prep time (3) he fights dirty. shifty

Grimm22
Originally posted by batman2505
BATMAN would slaughter cap. (1)he has taken down superman "NO POWERS" (2) can take down ANYONE with prep time (3) he fights dirty. shifty

1. With the aid of Kryptonite.

2. Anyone? Care to explain on that one

3.Well Batman loves to play in the mud what can I say

Metalmanx
I definitely give Captain America the advantage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.