Snatch or Lock Stock?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
I was just thinking this when reading the Snatch page. Which do you prefer? I love them both but I got to stick with Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Cinemaddiction
As I said in the other thread, "Lock, Stock" is boring compared to "Snatch", IMO. Maybe it's because it's more Americanized.

vagaryatwill
Yeah, that's a tough one. For no apparant reason, I'd vote Snatch. Both great movies, though.

BTW, 'love your signature. I also like, "It's the one with "bad mother****er" written on it."

mook
i think they are both very similar and both have great characters and moments.

im voting for equal.

roundisfunny
I voted "equal" as well (nooo, don't make me choose!). I'll grant you that "Snatch" was more "Americanized", if for no other reason than they wanted to release it in the US, and at least try and make it appeal to the couch-dwelling, beer-swilling drabs herein. Why else would they have placed Benecio Del Toro so prominently in the credits (other than contractual stipulations)? Jason Statham was the real lead, but he wasn't recognizeable enough to advertise as the lead by any means.

Still, I have a hard time saying one is better. Each is outstanding in its own way. If I HAVE to choose...as in "gun to my head" choose...I choose "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels"; but ONLY because it has more of an original, rebel filmmaker feel to it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.