501st Legion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheElectricFox
The name 501st legion is a homage to the actuall fans who go and dress up as stormtroopers right?? If it is wouldnt this be the first fan related starwars galaxy creation??

((The_Anomaly))
yay!

LanİeWindu™
I'm not quite sure if it's the first...because Lucas probably had one of his kids suggest something and he put it into AOTC. Who says his kid can't be a fan?

Darth Subjekt
i dont know what relevance this has, but when i was stationed in Alaska at Ft. Richarson, i was Airborne Artillery and we were attached to an infantry unit, and they are the 501st airborne infantry regiment, and their unit name was "The Legion". Im not saying Lucas bit off that, but it is kinda odd to me......

jango fatt
Why?

Darth Subjekt
why what? why is that odd to me? That something affiliated with star wars is EXACTLY the same as one of my sister units.....gee sorry i couldnt be Captain Obvious and see thats why it got named that. Why is NOT odd to you?

Cascador
The 501st Legion was also mentioned in the last book of Timothy Zahn. He picked it up from The 501st Legion. The international club that indeed dresses up as stormtroopers but also other characters, sith lords, bountyhunters etc...

So I don't think it's a coincidence that the 501st Legion is also in this film. The name Coruscant also came from Timothy Zahn.

DCLXVI
I think Lucas liked Zahn's work the best.... wink

bilb
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
i dont know what relevance this has, but when i was stationed in Alaska at Ft. Richarson, i was Airborne Artillery and we were attached to an infantry unit, and they are the 501st airborne infantry regiment, and their unit name was "The Legion". Im not saying Lucas bit off that, but it is kinda odd to me......

That is kinda odd. I always thought they were called such and such # 'brigade' or simply 'unit'. I never knew they were called Legions, or at least thei ONE anyway. Calling it THE Legion, it sounds like the ONLY Legion doesnt it?

Also of note is the biblical reference. A demon called itself Legion because as it said ' I am many'.....

Stunrun
501st legion peeps seem a little OTT and a lil saderm imho

bilb
Really? why sad Stun?

Stunrun
the fact that they dress up in stormtrooper outfits all the time. I may be wrong, but i get the sense that they dont have much of a lifeerm

am i the only SW fan that listens to R&B and HipHop, get my drift?stick out tongue

tk4281
Hey, I'm new to the this forum. Pretty cool topics. I lurk every now and again because y'all have the best spoiler pics. Anyway, I'm a member of the 501st Legion and it's actually really fun. It's like any club where you share the same interests. All the members are great people. It's like a fraternity of sorts.

I joined because they do a lot of charity work, such as children's hospital visits, food drives, etc. The kids love us. We are essentially the attraction element to reel people in. I mean, how often do you get the chance to get your photo taken with a whole bunch of Imperial Stormtroopers?

Of course, we also make appearances at Sci-fi conventions, parades, Star Wars-related events (such as book signings for authors of Star Wars books, video game or DVD releases).

And, yes, we have a life, families and "real" jobs. But about once a month, we suit up and take over the town. There's over 2,000 members from around the world, so it can't be all that bad.

It's all for the love of Star Wars.... just like this forum, I believe. smile

- EP

Stunrun
ok, i apologise for my arrogancesad i didnt know about all those things

respect!!

Cascador
Maybe this will convince you why it's such fun! stick out tongue

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Anakin_501/170_7050kopie.jpg

mossman
Originally posted by Cascador
Maybe this will convince you why it's such fun! stick out tongue

I'm kinda convinced.

And getting back to the initial question, don't forget fans got to choose the new colour of Obi's new astrodroid in ROTS, R4-G9...

peluffo
best ep3 related thread ever... confused

Boris
Originally posted by peluffo
best ep3 related thread ever... confused

Sarcasm!!! laughing

Cascador
Originally posted by Boris
Sarcasm!!! laughing

Oh really...I had no idea... confused
btw yeah the last post aren't really ep III related, but the 501st Legion is in ep III, so it is ep III related...

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by bilb
That is kinda odd. I always thought they were called such and such # 'brigade' or simply 'unit'. I never knew they were called Legions, or at least thei ONE anyway. Calling it THE Legion, it sounds like the ONLY Legion doesnt it?

Also of note is the biblical reference. A demon called itself Legion because as it said ' I am many'.....

no no no no, hun....their unit name is The Legion....like i was part of E battery 319...but our name was the Geronimos...get it? Us and the 501st got put together as a Task force, but they had platoons that belonged to companies that belong to battalions that belong to regiments, and so on and so forth. But they all have nicknames fo units even down to squads. Like my section, second section was called Deuce Pound. So its just a name that the 501st was given, and yes they took it from the biblical meaning....wrath raining down from above and such...

And stun, im the biggest HipHop head you'll meet....but only REAL hiphop...not that garbage you hear on Mtv....

bilb
ok, cool.

Darth Subjekt
eh, not really, lol...but thats how cheesey the Army is i guess, LOL. But yea im sure its just a coincedence, dont worry im not trying to imply that GL got that from that unit....im not the typical cyber dork that makes shit up to be the man, like SOME people we've seen on here (and no bilb, im not taking a stab at you...i love YOU, lol) youre the best! Oh yea, you got a dope sig, did you make it? and who is that?

oh i just saw that "star" made it.....but still who is it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.